Threads: 106
Posted: 2/3/2018 at 8:43 AM Post #21
What is the min/ max word count?
Sdog88
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 94
Posted: 2/3/2018 at 10:57 AM Post #22
ok i will do some thing like that ten i guss :)
Draumrkopa
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 158
Posted: 2/3/2018 at 12:35 PM Post #23
Reserving, writing in process
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 2/3/2018 at 7:50 PM Post #24
There is no min/max!
Streamstar
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 2/4/2018 at 1:58 AM Post #25
Angsty Fantasy

Frost remembered padding through the thick undergrowth as she gazed forwards into the unforgiving enviroment. She remembered the sound of through the deserted forest. Global warming had took a turn for the worst, not to mention the many wars that broke out over these few years. Frost's parents had been carted away by soliders after their town was invaded over a week back, and her father had yelled at her to run. She could not believe herself, running from the enemy! In today's society it was a requirement in school that children the age of eight and above learn how to fight back and survive out in the wilderness, not that there was much left since several cities had been built around the world. New emerging tech such as plasma cannons only made things worse for the enviroment. Yet there were still a few forests here and there. Frost had always impressed the teachers with her skills in fighting and setting snares, and that kind of stuff had always intrested her. Her father had shown her how to make a bow and taught her how to hunt rabbits and even a deer. She had always been close to her father, however, her mother never showed much interest in her daughter or her exeling skills in school. It was only when they had hunkered down in their house that she could tell what her mother was thinking about. Even as Frost had walked on, she had known her mother would never be proud of her. What she had seen in her mother's eyes was fear, but she wasn't looking at the door, she was looking at Frost. It made some sense, after all, Frost had been raised to kill. And now, more than ever, Frost wanted to kill the very people who have taken everything from her. Frost wanted to fight back, but she couldn't. Why didn't her mother run! Why did her mother hate her! Frost's heartbeat increasesd in speed suddenly, then stopped. She had just been hung.
Edited By Streamstar on 2/4/2018 at 4:16 AM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 2/4/2018 at 4:03 AM Post #26
Welcome to the contest!
>You chose Angsty Fantasy, but there are no fantasy elements in your story
Chills
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 190
Posted: 2/4/2018 at 11:25 AM Post #27
No title yet
Moon, stars, light....a black haired girl looked at the glowing mystic, butiful forest around her, it was a perfect dream. She looked at her hands, the moon made them look like a blank piece of paper. "Lunna....." a small girl voice echoed around the forest that was beging to darken, "Lunna..." the voice got louder, "Lunna..." the small calm voice turned into screams, crys echoed and hit the trees. "help,save us, wake up!" Lunna closed her eyes trying to force her self to wake, the crys got louder...and louder....and louder. She grabbed her ears, and opend her eyes, the air escaped her mouth, she was suffocating.
wha,wha,wha thenoise sounded so familer, wha,wha,wha. the screams stoped, a tall figure with a gaping mouth and fangs, caught her eye near a tall oak tree. blood dripped from the branches. Lunna let out a scream, she looked at... at... the japan slender man. the slender mans slender body floated away calmly like Lunna was never here. "wake up" she cried forcing her eyes to close.
"you not dreaming" hot breath hit her ear.

Lunna screamed and opened her eyes, the trees were gone and she was on a dull medow, with red dead roses.child-

mind if I edit this? something came up :I
Edited By Ivyfrost on 2/4/2018 at 5:16 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 2/4/2018 at 5:10 PM Post #28
As said in the rules- you can edit as much as you want before the time is up. Also, please indicate which prompt you are writing for.
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 2/5/2018 at 7:41 PM Post #29
This is an angsty fantasy.
WARNING! THERE IS GORE AND/OR VIOLENCE IN THIS WEIRD, CREEPY STORY

"Ready?"
"Freddy," I say, twiddling my thumbs.
"Crap! Where is he?"
"Behind you." Says Fred, popping his ogrish fangs out. Luci falls off of the mushroom she's sitting on and flutters her little glittery wings in annoyance.
"When will you stop doing that? It can't be good for your teeth."
"But it feels good!" he whines, retracting them back into his head. I stand up.
"Let's go, we can ask the dragon for instructions."
"We are NOT asking the dragon for directions!" Luci says, her wings fluttering nervously. "Last time he ate me!"
"Welp, let's go!" Fred tries (and fails) to do a backflip off of the mushroom he's standing on, and snaps his neck. I sigh, and walk over to him, setting his head straight again. When he doesn't stand up, I start to get worried. I repeatedly slap his cheeks, saying,
"I swear, Fred. I will KILL you again when you come back," and, "Luci! Lucille! How many lives did he have? Yesterday he said he had three hunderd ninety-two!" I start to cry, my tears dripping down my face.
"LUCI!" I shout, starting to repeatedly punch Fred's dead face. Suddenly, the dragon hops off of his tree, and swallows us whole.

(A COUPLE HOURS LATER)
I'm hyperventilating. Sitting in the dragon's stomach, I try to slice through the wall of flesh to my left. Im standing on the carcass of a deer. I scream, shout, and generally twang on my vocal cords until they're all snapped. The hot acid slowly creeps up to my toes, melting my boots. I scream louder, and fall, flailing the whole way. The acid instantly takes my ninth life. As my molecules slowly regenerate, I know this is my end. I only have eight lives left. I flail my hand around as it finally comes back, starting to sizzle right away. My pain increases, but I still find a hand for me to hold, albeit a dead one. As I lose my eighth life, my mind sharpens. My short sixteen years of life flash before my eyes- dancing on the mushrooms with Fred and Lucille, dying four hundred and ninety-one times to this same dragon. I guess its the way Im supposed to die, eaten by him. My second life flashes by. Suddenly, the hand Im holding grabs my sword. Im on my last life. Fear overtakes me. The sword is raised. My heartbeat fastens, thumping in my chest like an orchestra that only the percussion section showed up for. It thumps harder, no doubt trying to finish my lifes worth of heartbeats, the symphony of life that only the drums showed up for. Its certainly beating hard enough to make up for the rest of the instruments. I never even got to love someone. Oh well. The blade pierces my lung, making my golden blood sizzle in the bad-smelling goop. My last sight is of the dark sky, and Freds bright acid-green eyes.

(Unfinished)
Edited By Fengarii on 2/28/2018 at 10:17 PM.
Aamore
Level 70
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 66
Posted: 2/6/2018 at 7:25 AM Post #30

~ Genre ~
Realistic Fiction
( I got slight inspiration from both the dream and the angst fantasy idea. Sorry if this is crossing it over a bit. )

Am I Still Dreaming?

WARNING

This contains mention of major character death, overwhelming sadness, pretty messed up idea, and other stuff lining the sad side of things. If this unnerves you in anyway, DON'T READ THIS!!! You have been warned.

~~~

If you cant wake up from a dream...then maybe youre not asleep.

What is a dream?
I remember asking my mommy this at the mere age of 6. She told me that a dream is the non-existent reality the strands together the thin connection between sanity and insanity. It is the calming touch that embraces your tired mind as it sings you a lullaby while you resort to counting sheep. Yet it is also the sharp talons that remind you of your nagging fears, the slim tendrils that coil around your awake self and pursue you into your sleep. It was a rather messed up thing to tell a child.

Why is this dream so long?
My mommy was the only one who truly waited for me. She has come to soothe me into my blank fantasies, her soft whispers placed gentle against my blond curls. Why did it all come to this? Her fingers worked through my thick locks as she rocked me in her caring arms, yet why do I feel nothing? All I can do was drift back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.
Let me wake up.

Mommy, I want to hold you. Why cant you just hear me? I would plead onto her non listening ears but she just kept holding on. Why cant I feel her tears on my skin? She was crying, bright droplets of blue sliding down her puffy features as she tossed aside the cord strung tightly against my arm. I dont know why, but the colour in my world was already beginning to fade.
The once bright mahogany curtains now swayed in a mournful shade of bleached grey while the yellow patterned carpet turned into a sour black. Even she was beginning to fade...
Please mommy...let me wake up. I love you, please let me hold you. Why did she not listen? It seemed like hours since I last gripped onto her heavy hands, the exact hands that placed me onto my brand new baby blue bicycle. Oh how I loved my present. It was well built, two tires and a bright golden bell on the left handle that sung out once it was dinged. Just the perfect present for an 8 year old boy. I was so happy to finally be old enough to ride it. I remember flying down the street, what joy that was! To feel the wind brush against my cheeks as I flew over the hill along my tiny little street. Why did that all end?
I cant hear her anymoreher mouth is moving in the form of my name but I dont understand. What does she want me to do? Im trying to wake up but she wont let me.
Mommy pleasewhy wont you wake me up!!! I wanted to scream. I wished to thrash in her arms to show her that I dont want to dream anymore. I just want to wake up.

Why did I have to get hit?
The last thing I could remember was the sight glare of the black hood turning sharply around the corner.
Mommy. . .why was the last thing that I felt pain?

The End

~~~

( Sorry for having such a short story! Really I thought it would put this all together more if it was shorter. I also apologize for this ending C':. )
Edited By Spicybb on 2/28/2018 at 9:33 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.