Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > ~Writing Contest! 2018~
Page 2 1, 2, 3... 13, 14, 15 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 2/2/2018 at 2:16 AM Post #11
Hey! As a note to your story, please specify which prompt you are answering to.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 2/2/2018 at 2:16 AM Post #12
Hey! As a note to your story, please specify which prompt you are answering to.
Aurusei
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 101
Posted: 2/2/2018 at 3:44 PM Post #13
I decided to do "A dream scenario in which the character sees their worst fear. They wake up, but things don't seem normal..."

Warning: This story has creepy themes. Discretion advised!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a night the same as all others. I was in bed. I looked around. Normal. Laundry on the floor. Pink walls. Wooden floor. Stuffed animal pile. Family photo.

Normal..My normal.

And, as usual, my vision blurs, and I go to the world of my own imagination. Anything could happen, regardless of how ridiculous or abstract. It felt real. I even occasionally thought it to be all true. I even made friends, even if they aren't real. We always played. I like to play. For me, and other people like me, this is normal.

But nothing is always "normal". Things change. They always do.

It started off normal. Treetops and clouds that mimicked cotton candy. A beautiful aqua sky. A bright sun, but not blinding. All of my imaginary friends, many being colourful humanoid animals. They cared about me. I cared about them. This story, this dream...was adventurous. Today, I would embark on a journey, through the forest. It's trees were dead, but I could still see the bright sky. It's fine. I have vision. I'm not afraid. My brain can't pump out things that could be haunting. So I continued.

The deeper I got, the more things repeated. A log with a mushroom on it. Seen it at last 20 times now. I was getting annoyed. I realized that usually my dreams would be gone by now. I'd be awake. But no. This was repeating. Endlessly. It's like I was stuck, and my normal was changing to this. I even turned around, but I couldn't get back to the village that all my "friends" lived in. I couldn't escape. Eventually, I realize I am a goner. But then, I notice something. A lake.

Crimson is an unusual color for water. Usually it's clear or blue. Like the sky.

As I near, I realize something. My mind...can produce things much, much scarier than anyone my age.

The villagers. My friends. They lied there. Still. They weren't moving. I couldn't make sense. Why was the red water coming from my friends? What was going on? Why is there a monster? Why is he drawing nearer? Why does he have the tool mommy uses to cut vegetables? Why can't I FIGURE IT OUT? WHy Can'T I Wake uP? MAKE IT STOP!!

I woke up, panting, salty tears rolling down my cheeks. I rub the tears off. It's a dream. But I look at my hand. My tears, once transparent, was that horrifying crimson. I hit myself. I can't wake up, I'm not asleep. I remember having a cut from paper, with the crimson coming out. But why did someone slit below my eyes with a piece of paper? Did I do that? What is going on?

I remember what Momma said.

"Remember, if you feel scared at night, come to my room."

So I tried to walk, my legs still shakey. But when I reach my mom's room, she isn't there. I remembered. She and papa were on vacation. My older brother is supposed to help. So I go to his room. Its locked. Why is it locked? He never locks his door. So I knock on his door. A chill runs down my spine. I turn around. The shadows feel so big that they can crush me. I slam on his door. It creaks open. That hand...is not his. I run into my room and pretend to sleep. And I go to sleep. When I arrive in what was supposed to be a dream, it was all black. I thought I heard a voice.

What the hell is going on? What is this? Why won't it stop? And stop...not to start again?

All I can think is how much I hate this. But I remind myself that whatever is outside is much more risky than this. I just stay in my blank void. It feels like it's been years. Sitting in nothingness. I hear mumbles. My mommy's voice. And my dad's. But they quickly go away. They are replaced with loud screams. Than a slice. Two. It's all quiet again. I can't get out. Whether I try or not, I just can't.

I'm a goner.

It's over.

I can't

I never was able to.

I hear thuds. A door creaking open. My new normal. It's normal. Nothing. Odd noises. But this time, one of the old sounds is louder. Closer. What...?

Slice. No screams this time.

Nothing.

Blackness. Silence.

Normal.
Sdog88
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 94
Posted: 2/2/2018 at 6:46 PM Post #14
what is angsty fantasy
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 2/2/2018 at 8:35 PM Post #15
Angsty Fantasy = Very sad fantasy/fantasy full of loss, etc
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 63
Posted: 2/2/2018 at 9:28 PM Post #16
My story is complete and located in the reserved post.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 2/2/2018 at 9:39 PM Post #17
Okay!
Smoothcriminal
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 9
Posted: 2/2/2018 at 11:59 PM Post #18
Question for the prompt: Is LGBTQ+ allowed? I know some people dislike it, or some of it, so I'm just trying to make sure.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 2/3/2018 at 12:04 AM Post #19
Everything is okay- as long as you put a warning in front of things you think others may be uncomfortable with.
Smoothcriminal
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 9
Posted: 2/3/2018 at 12:05 AM Post #20
Alrighty, thanks! That helps me with what plot I'm using.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.