Threads: 46
Posted: 2/26/2018 at 8:48 AM Post #93
Can I still enter or am I too late?
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 2/26/2018 at 9:00 AM Post #94
You can enter. Read the first post, as it does a dress the 'can I enter' question. Apart from that, remember to put your ID in front of your piece ^-^
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 106
Posted: 2/26/2018 at 12:15 PM Post #95
But I entered .w.
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 2/26/2018 at 12:40 PM Post #96
I have written half of the story the first day, but I haven't finished it XD
I am on vacation this week so I'll normally have time to finish.
SkyRaven
Level 70
Sylestiologist
Threads: 72
Posted: 2/26/2018 at 1:21 PM Post #97
- A dream scenario in which the character sees their worst fear. They wake up, but things don't seem normal...

Possible triggers of anxiety and panic disorders

I could hear barking in the distance. Cammi had escaped my grasp. I stumbled along the pavement, calling out her name, hoping she would return to me. My breath was short and heavy, as I was slowly consumed by panic. Cammis barking faded and she was no longer here to comfort me. My mind clouded, and as I heard a blaring car horn and a sudden, sickening bang, the absence of barking was deafening. My mind descended into darkness.

Jerking up from my bed, I was covered in sweat, and I noticed my therapy dog Cammi, right above my face, head tilted slightly wondering if I needed cuddles. I sat up and wrapped my arms around her neck, and got up to take a walk. Fragments of my nightmare returned, as I walked down the street which was featured. I couldnt shake the feeling that something was different; maybe it was the lack of sun, or perhaps the sinister silence, only broken by my footsteps, and an occasional passer-by, a woman with a pram and her screaming child, two young boys throwing a ball to each other. I bent down to clear up after Cammi, when my breath was knocked out of me by a stranger, who yanked my bag from me. Cammis lead tore from my arm, and my mind flashbacked to the dream, things in my mind screaming that everything about this was wrong. Cammi was barking, chasing the perpetrator. I fell down onto the ground on my knees. This couldnt be happening, this isnt possible. The anticipation was killing me, it couldnt be. The screeching tires and loud, echoing thud proved me wrong. The only difference was, this was real. She had been by my side for nearly 7 years, and now now she was gone. Fog clogged up my brain, and I fainted on the pavement.

I woke up underneath soft covers. Strange. I was in my own bed. I opened my eyes to see Cammi staring right at me. I jumped up, curious as to how this could be. Her head was tilted sideways, as if as if I had just awoken from a bad dream. I wanted to test my theory out, but could I risk going through that again? But what if I could stop it this time? I quickly grabbed the lead and called Cammi over. We were going on a walk. I took the same route. I saw the same people; the mother trying to calm her child. The mugger was there. He was approaching at an astonishing pace, and I had to think fast. I did a sharp turn into a womans front garden, she was mowing her lawn. I waved at her and made a motion to step through her front gate as she stared at me, puzzled. The mugger moved past swiftly, hair escaping the hood. She. She walked off almost power walking before she was out of sight. I mouthed Thank you to the still puzzled lady as I exited her property, and as I shut the gate behind me, I jumped at the sound of a car horn. Pop, went the ball that was previously owned by the two boys. I couldnt believe my eyes. My theory was right. My emotions could predict, and change time.

Sorry it's a bit short, I have a lot of work to do for school, but I hope you/the judges like it ^^
Emberfall777
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 2/26/2018 at 2:07 PM Post #98
Alright! Here is my entry.

Warning: Violence, death, blood

Type: A dream scenario in which the character sees their worst fear. They wake up, but things don't seem normal...
Story Status: Complete

~~~Marcus~~~

I stand in a dark room, knife in hand.
"I killed them," I mutter. Looking down I see my hands are covered in blood, the knife as well. Watching in horror, I realize I am being slowly covered in blood. More and more appears on me. Dropping the knife, I sink to my knees, tears mixing with the blood on my face.
"They... they're gone..." I gasp, curling up and closing my eyes as I sob quietly, all alone.

I wake panting and covered in sweat. Where am I? I remember falling asleep behind a garbage can after a long day of my usual scavenging for food. Yet here I am in a luxurious room, laying in a plush bed softer than I ever could have imagined.
"Are you awake dear?" A female voice drifts into the room. Almost immediately my gaze is focused on the woman who has now opened the bedroom door.
"Mom?" My voice is hesitant and a bit higher than I would have liked. This can't be right, my parents died when I was seven. After surviving on my own for eight years on my own suddenly I seem to have woken up into paradise. But my family was poor! How can this be?
"Oh honey, you must have had a nightmare," Mom sighs. She comes over and sits on the bed next to me. Then dad walks in. I still don't understand what is happening but this is the best moment of my life. Hugging them both, I try to hold back my tears.
"I thought you were dead! I was alone for so long..." I choke back a sob.
"No champ, we have always been right here," Dad grins reassuringly as everything fades away.
Edited By Emberfall777 on 2/28/2018 at 5:49 PM.
Dunno
Level 66
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 37
Posted: 2/26/2018 at 7:54 PM Post #99
An Angsty Fantasy

And right then, right there, Exa understood. He understood, finally. Exa may have already endured part of the incredibly dangerous journey of being a Quantum Leaper (those with control over time and space), but this was different.

"Do you understand now?" The boy- man- whatever with spiky red hair asked, his eyes glimmering with something- killer intent. His orange eyes were glowing with a horrible glee, and all Exa could to was back away hastily with ever swing of Evangel's invisible dagger, which let his entire right arm also disappear from view.

The first time Evangel had asked that during this game, Exa didn't understand. He was simply trying to win, win against someone who had gone through more than ten dozen Gates, ten dozen tests in which people died in.

Now, now Exa understood. The person in front of him was once human; once. But now- he was an entirely different race from almost all the rest of the world. Evangel was The Keykeeper. The Keykeeper, someone who had gone through at 120 Gates, just to see the top of the world, just to get one wish, any wish granted by the gods.

"You are on your way to becoming a Quantum Leaper, no?" Evangel asked, letting his blade cut through the air one last time with a whoosh before stopping it. As Evangel made his arms and dagger visible once more, Exa started playing with it, spinning it around his fingers as though it were a mere pen.

"Yes..." Exa said testily. How did Evangel know?

As though reading his mind, Evangel's sharp eyes snapped to meet Exa, his irises leaving a trail of translucent mist the same color as his eyes. Exa swallowed. That wasn't because of genetics or anything- Exa knew that it was simply that Evangel's power, the power of a Keykeeper wouldn't, couldn't be held in a mere mortal body. It was seeping from him, the pure energy.

Evangel smiled slyly, playfully, though Exa felt no delight at the moment. "The wear and tear on your body, your spiritual energy," Evangel pointed to Exa with his blade. "The insanity in your eyes... Yes, you are going down the path of a Quantum Leaper, one who can manipulate space, time, gravity, etc." Exa swallowed.

"I can tell, you know." Evangel was suddenly so close, too close, and Exa's breathing only quickened. "You will not hold up as well as others before you as, I know that. You're mind was already unstable."

"You will break. Yes, yes you will break." Suddenly, it wasn't Evangel anymore. It was Angelica, a girl who had barely survived the journey of being a Quantum Leaper. Their voices synchronized. "You will break."

Exa screamed.

And fell.

And fell.

And fell.
Emberfall777
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 2/28/2018 at 5:49 PM Post #100
Finished it :)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.