Author Thread Post
Minishrimp
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 11
Posted: 1/26/2018 at 12:14 PM Post #101
@Zelly

Same!!
The male pup's tail and hind are very awkward looking! I think the tail needs to be lowered. I like what you did with the legs.
Sdog88
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 94
Posted: 1/26/2018 at 4:05 PM Post #102
love it but i would shut the mouth on the female pup
Edited By Sdog88 on 1/26/2018 at 4:06 PM.
Zaynah
Level 75
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 49
Posted: 1/26/2018 at 6:05 PM Post #103
Lupora are one of my favorites, so I don't really want to see them changed too much. Though I do think they need more detail and more dynamic poses than the current ones, particularly the male. I love the original female lupora and would like to see the redraw capture her qualities - the slight aloofness and her smug expression, and also the elegance which I think is lacking in the redraw. I'd like to see her with legs a bit longer and like many have said, definitely a longer neck. Her hind leg positioning also looks odd to me. I kind of liked the tail in front though I do realize it obscures the hind legs too much.
Regarding the male, I don't mind the snarly face, but the pose looks off. He looks like he's leaning away from a threat instead of being ready to take it on.
The pups are adorable, but I think the boy needs a slightly different shape to his mouth to look more like he's howling.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 1/26/2018 at 6:58 PM Post #104
Agreed, Mini. The male pup just kinda looks like he's going to fall over to me. It just feels really odd.
Cloudcanine
Level 54
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 1/26/2018 at 11:36 PM Post #105
The pups are so scruffy. I LOVE them. Adorable scroofly babies.

I agree the adult female needs a slightly longer neck, just to match the elegant feel to her, but other than that I see no problems. They're absolutely gorgeous, honestly. I can't wait to see them in action!
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 1/27/2018 at 8:37 AM Post #106
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=56895&page=6#54
Author: Articu
Time Posted: 1/24/2018 at 8:56 PM
*squeaks* these new designs are great! But, however, I do have a few reservations.

1.) Perhaps change the male pupper's pose and facial expression a bit, or even just put a faint smile on his mouth? When I look at him I cannot help to think, "Oh, he just got whupped upside the head."
{For some reason, this does not strike me in the current male pup, simply because he looks so joyful}

2.) While I do love the fierce and, dare I say, brooding expression of the adult male, his head and shoulder - to me - almost looked hunched in shame. The eye glaring at something behind him doesn't help the matter.

3.) And last but most certainly not least, the fluff comparison between the pups and the adults. While the current floof is good now, I'd almost expect the pups' mane to be a bit... fuller. Not full-on drown-you-in-hair fluff (like that of the adults; maybe make their manes a tad shorter?), but at least take some of the pups' tail floof and move it onto the mane.
{I honestly prefer the first pair of pup sketches to these ones}

4.) The female pup has a perfectly fine tail, in my opinion. But as I said in number three, perhaps move more of that fluff to the mane?

5.) Longer neck on the adult female, yes please.

But all in all, it is a very large step in the right direction with the overall Lupora design.

I get the feeling that this revamp will not come easily xDDDD
VampVixen
Level 61
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 57
Posted: 1/27/2018 at 10:33 AM Post #107
I absolutely am in love with these designs and dont see much wrong!

Except the dewclaw on the female. To me personally it looks placed too far to the front? As a dog groomer I can say a dew claw should be furhur back.

Other than that these look fantastic and I love them to death and I cant wait to see my Snowfire child after the revamp!!
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 1/27/2018 at 1:48 PM Post #108
I have to say I agree with all of the feedback so far.

I addition I think the Adult female Should keep a similar head pose to the pre-revamp females, It not only gives her neck back, but it also gives her a bit more personality (which is the problem many of us have with the current males)

As for the Male's expression which I have seen many people comment on. I think having him show some teeth, or be a bit more growly, would help him not look so sulky.

Personally I'm one of the players that wouldn't mind seeing a little longer body, bigger elf like ears and what not on the Lups, And Bending them more may just fix the Tail vs leg issue....

Here are some sketches I did that Incorporated a longer body and more movement and expression based off of the already done sketches.

Tottaly forgot to add the refrance I used for the males pose in the upward position like that so here it is ^.^
https://neara-works.deviantart.com/art/Angry-Wolf-Contortion-Free-LineArt-363714862
though I drew him a bit more toward the ground I think It might look even better if I switched the positins of the two front legs.
I feel these also show both tail and leg genes evenly and in a way that gives them both expression in their stance/ pose.
I know these are not all that great as far as sketches, but I feel they get the point across.

Added Some less dynamic sketches and a set I cam up with doodling

In this one I changed the Male pose to crouching And showed it with the others to get a feel for how it changed

And her are the doodles of the two adults in a more proud posture

(sorry again for the awful drawing XD)
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 3/8/2018 at 12:41 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 1/27/2018 at 2:37 PM Post #109
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=56895&page=11#108
Author: Katelynn4545
Time Posted: 1/27/2018 at 1:48 PM
I have to say I agree with all of the feedback so far.

I addition I think the Adult female Should keep a similar head pose to the pre-revamp females, It not only gives her neck back, but it also gives her a bit more personality (which is the problem many of us have with the current males)

As for the Male's expression which I have seen many people comment on. I think having him show some teeth, or be a bit more growly, would help him not look so sulky.

Personally I'm one of the players that wouldn't mind seeing a little longer body, bigger elf like ears and what not on the Lups, And Bending them more may just fix the Tail vs leg issue....

Here are some sketches I did that Incorporated a longer body and more movement and expression based off of the already done sketches.

Tottaly forgot to add the refrance I used for the males pose in the upward position like that so here it is ^.^
https://neara-works.deviantart.com/art/Angry-Wolf-Contortion-Free-LineArt-363714862
though I drew him a bit more toward the ground I think It might look even better if I switched the positins of the two front legs.
I feel these also show both tail and leg genes evenly and in a way that gives them both expression in their stance/ pose.
I know these are not all that great as far as sketches, but I feel they get the point across.

Added Some less dynamic sketches and a set I cam up with doodling

In this one I changed the Male pose to crouching And showed it with the others to get a feel for how it changed

And her are the doodles of the two adults in a more proud posture

(sorry again for the awful drawing XD)

This is an interesting post.

For the adults, I personally prefer the official sketch's overall proportions over Katelynn's versions, but there is something to be said for angling the legs differently to allow both tail and leg genes to show. I did like how they looked with the tails in front - especially the male.
The change to their expressions adds something as well, reflecting the female's confidence (which other people have mentioned) and the male's... not-supposed-to-be-sulking.

Also, I feel like the curl on the baby boy's tail, as well as the hint of smile added to his mouth, works wonders for his pose. It looks significantly less awkward than the official sketch version. I could definitely get behind this art for the boy :D

Also worth noting is the added fluffiness of the children's fur in Katelynn's version. I've read other comments about how it makes sense for the kids to have shorter fur than the adults, and that does make sense, but... I love the fluffy fur. To me it's part of what makes lups lups.

TL;DR I'd be fine with either version of the adults here, but I do like these pups /much/ more than the official sketches.
Edited By Somneli on 1/27/2018 at 2:52 PM.
Wolfiesparks
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 32
Posted: 1/27/2018 at 6:03 PM Post #110
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=56895&page=11#109
Author: Somneli
Time Posted: 1/27/2018 at 2:37 PM
[quote=1145671]

This is an interesting post.

For the adults, I personally prefer the official sketch's overall proportions over Katelynn's versions, but there is something to be said for angling the legs differently to allow both tail and leg genes to show. I did like how they looked with the tails in front - especially the male.
The change to their expressions adds something as well, reflecting the female's confidence (which other people have mentioned) and the male's... not-supposed-to-be-sulking.

Also, I feel like the curl on the baby boy's tail, as well as the hint of smile added to his mouth, works wonders for his pose. It looks significantly less awkward than the official sketch version. I could definitely get behind this art for the boy :D

Also worth noting is the added fluffiness of the children's fur in Katelynn's version. I've read other comments about how it makes sense for the kids to have shorter fur than the adults, and that does make sense, but... I love the fluffy fur. To me it's part of what makes lups lups.

TL;DR I'd be fine with either version of the adults here, but I do like these pups /much/ more than the official sketches.

I agree with both of these users, they have improved the outlook on the luporas, but my only problem is that the fir is a teeny bit too long.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.