Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Short Story creation game/contest
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Charzard
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 32
Posted: 1/10/2018 at 12:25 PM Post #11
not intrested, my good writing takes 1-3 hours at the most.
but thanks for the ping.
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 74
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 3:29 PM Post #12
This is the start! It will go in the order of me, Harleyc then Griffilokison and after Dragongem23

-???- First Person-

I. Was born with a gift some may say.. But. It was more of a burden as I got older. It became harder to control I couldnt always stay in the realm I belonged. I would at times appear in the shadow realm. It wasnt a good thing. I wasnt like the rest of the ryori who lived there. I wasn't even a ryori myself. To say I didnt belonged was an understatement. But now.. I cant get back. No matter how hard I tried. I didnt know what this power meant to the other sylesti.

But to me It meant I was trapped and.. I didnt know if I would ever get out Or even if I would get out alive. This was a trial I hadn't been prepared for. A journey I never thought I would have. But.... Maybe the ryoris aren't as bad as they seem. Maybe.... I can make friends here.

Yet if I never make it out of here. This will be a thing to get used to.... The dark ominous feel of the shadow realm. The ryoris as they walked around and chatted with each other. The young ones playing in the dark grey grass. The water that was almost black in this realm. I have yet to learn about this alternate world and what it held in store.... For me.

~~~~~
Background information:

The ryoris are typically 2 feet tall so they are mainly shorter than most sylesti. Ryoris are usually friendly and cheerful as well as calm, light-hearted and mellow yet can be aggressive and rude. The Ryoris (for the sake of the story and plot) have a monarch like government. Their castle rules over the city in front of it, 2 trading towns, 3 villages and several sacred landmarks that they hold dear. There are 3 well known rivers, 2 lakes and mountains as well as an ocean that has not been explored across.

The city is named Garm City and the castle it is near is called Hells fortress. The two trading towns are called Amariss Keep and Amuns town. The three villages are called Shadows Ridge, Ravaryn and Sankori. Ravaryn and Sankori are lesser known and are smaller. The 3 rivers are named Achelous, Cocytus and Gautami. The two lakes are called Chelan and Jarvi.

Amaris, Amun, Shadow and Hell as well as Garm are named after special ryoris of the past. Garm had been the nickname for two great ryoris warriors, named Keket and Asura ,who guarded Hell whom was the king at that time.
Asura and Keket

Hell was the son of the third ryori king whom had named him Hellfire Chains. He had ruled the ryoris with a stern attitude but had lead them into a great time. They began to grow as a species and he was soon to have the castle that he had built with his name representing his rule.
Hellfire Chains(Hell)

Amaris was a brave ryori who had suffered under a corrupt ryori king. She lead a rebellion to solve the problem. The king had became king some time after Hellfire Chains(Hell) rule. The rules that Hell had made were violated by that king who has been known now as The Cruel Undead. Amaris helped the other ryoris rise up and overthrow the king. She was selected to take his place since she was the second oldest of the royal family under The Cruel Undead. She was given the name Amaris the Moon Queen.
Amaris the Moon Queen

Amun was a ryori who was mysterious and the ryoris knew not of him till he claimed of danger and potential death from invaders from the world that the main sylesties were. He called it the Groot Bort Realm. He said that the sylesties could possibly invade and he enforced the idea of laws.
Amun

Shadow, also known as Kaage, who in the history of ryoris are told to have created a town upon a ridge that was told to hold powers that were to be blessed upon those who deserve them. There were rumors that Kaage/Shadow was to be blessed with power to open portals to another realm. They didnt believe him and he was doubted. He was way before Amuns time.
Kaage(Shadow)

~~~~~

Order for reference:
-Me-
-Harleyc-
-Griffinlokison-
-Dragongem23-
-Repeat-
(will be put on the first post ^-^)
Edited By Sapphirethewolf9339 on 1/18/2018 at 5:03 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 5:00 PM Post #13
Am i allowed to join this fun?
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 5:02 PM Post #14
Yes!
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 5:03 PM Post #15
(So i'm after Griffilokison)
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 5:04 PM Post #16
(correct)
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 7:57 PM Post #17
((OOC: Hope this will take the story where you'd like to go.))

I'd been sitting within a small grove of some strange bushes near what I could only think of as a park. Their leaves were as dark as the ryoris themselves and were dispersed with white berries that seemed to glow just like the ryoris' eyes did. Some of the leaves and the branches were thorny too, but they weren't very easy to see; unless I was paying attention from the corners of my eyes and avoid contacting them. Thus far the ryori didn't seem very keen on smells, but I didn't want to leave any trace of myself for them to lock onto. Beyond the grove, the eternal twilight and the darkness beyond to the horizon left a lonesome and depressing effect for light world sylesties, like me, over time. Bright and happy memories have been my constant companions that help keep my nerve in what would only be a dreary and near colorless world. Even my own body was virtually grayish in the mid-light.

I had watched ryoris come and go by ones and twos, but never noticed family groups passing to and fro. Occasionally I would see single parents with youngling, but never parental pairs. How often I stood here watching for maybe a few days and it never changed. Just now a pair of females were walking out from the park. They didn't seem to take notice of me, and there small talk was rather odd. I wouldn't be surprised if they used a different native language in here, like a ryori tongue. I longed to reveal myself to anyone of them to say hello but some strange sense or aura emanating from virtually every ryori I've seen were rather aggressive by their stance.

However, I noticed a lone ryori just sitting in the park. She had been here pretty regularly herself. Her appearance like that of one rejected or even lonely herself, like she was out of place among her own kind. She was facing away from me, and far enough along the bushier areas of the park that maybe I could get close enough to say hello. When the coast was clear, I braved several cautious steps out from my hiding space and slunk closer to the strange, sad-looking ryori...
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 12:30 AM Post #18
Her ears twitched and I froze. Had she heard me? I could've sworn I was creeping the quietest I could be. I breathed a sigh of relief when she did not turn to me. I continued to slink up to her. As I quietly started to push my head from the bushes, she turned her head.
She fixed her yellow eyes right on my hiding place. She blinked slowly, once, twice. "Are you going to come out, or what?" She asked. You would think she spoke with firmness, but her voice was thick with sadness.
Wait a minute.... she had yellow eyes. That was the first splash of color I had seen in this world. I pushed my head from my hiding spot, slowly and cautiously. I had already caught onto the hostile vibe of this world. I didn't want it to be directed at me. "He-hello," I managed.
She merely stared at me. Then she blinked slowly again and tilted her head. "I sense you are new here? But not as new as I would hope."
I paused for a long time. What was I to say? Was it really safe to declare that I was, indeed, rather new here? I had visited before, in those short intervals when I lost control of my powers. However, it appeared now that I was stuck. "I have had a few visits."
"Visits? Nobody just visits this world."
"Well, I have."
"You are a unique character. My name is Ash. Just Ash. Not short for anything."
I tilted my head at her. I was unique? She was unique! She had yellow eyes in this colorless world, for crying out loud! I huffed lightly and lowered my head. Should I introduce myself to her? She still seemed so sad and in need of companionship. But she also seemed so perceptive and.... mysterious. I looked back up to meet her yellow gaze. I made up my mind.
Edited By Griffinlokison on 1/21/2018 at 12:32 AM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 8:02 AM Post #19
(OOC:Is anyone else okay with me generating a pic for her or something?Also i was wondering what exactly we looked like a little)

'I've come here a few times....not a lot though.I think i might be trapped here" i Blurted....She just stared at me confused....."Well yah i mean it!" she didn't seem to hear me.She was staring of at something in the distance behind me.I turned around seeing a dark blue midnight color-ish Ryori looking at us.Seeing me notice them,they sped off.."Who was that?" i ask the Yellow Eyed Ryori

Ash

(Sorry if this isn't super good...i had a hard time thinking)
Edited By Dragongem23 on 1/21/2018 at 1:59 PM.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 1/21/2018 at 10:02 AM Post #20
((OOC: A picture will be fine Dragon. Also if you need a little longer to improve your entry, you can be my guest at least.))
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.