Posted: 1/2/2018 at 4:43 AM Post #11
Reserving,
And my Id is 80844.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/2/2018 at 4:58 AM Post #12
Looking forwards to seeing your writing again! Welcome to the contest!
SkyRaven
Level 70
Sylestiologist
Threads: 72
Posted: 1/2/2018 at 8:02 AM Post #13
Username: SkyRaven
ID: 37920
What genres/types of stories you like to write the most (Fantasy/sci-fi/angst/etc): Fantasy, Adventure
Questions? (If yes, feel free to ask!):
A short piece of writing, can be about anything (this won't affect anything, I just want to see how you write): (Short extract from a piece I wrote for another competition recently at school)
Illaria woke up to the slight tinge of salt in the air. The sound of muffled waves crashing against the boat slowly eased her conscience as she woke up. Unfortunately, she was interrupted by her first mate, Olive, who came crashing through her cabin door. She had her cutlass drawn from her sheath and mumbled something about a ship approaching, before running back out the door. Illaria heard her shouting something, presumably at other crew members, which she couldnt quite hear, despite the fact the door was still swinging open from the force Olive applied to it in order to enter. Grumbling, she tore herself from her bed of skins and started hauling on her leathers. She plucked up her sword up that was leaning against the wall, which she unsheathed it in one swift movement. Sprinting through the open door and up the stairs to the deck of The Snowy Raven, she saw members of her crew, The Blades, were running around in chaos. Her Helmsman, Fennis, was steering the boat in position to attack the ship approaching on the horizon. Observing the Navigators possession of a spyglass, she snatched it from his grasp and directed it towards the ship. The flag that waved merrily atop the ship was an ocean blue, with a jagged black border, and a golden pair of scales emblazoned in the centre. The ship was from Harro, the trading hotspot - namely the slave trade.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/2/2018 at 8:20 AM Post #14
Welcome!
Sdog88
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 94
Posted: 1/2/2018 at 9:23 AM Post #15
um whats the theme
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 1/2/2018 at 9:56 AM Post #16
Username: Katelynn4545
ID: 35456
What genres/types of stories you like to write the most: Fantasy
Questions? Not yet ^.^
A short piece of writing, can be about anything (this won't affect anything, I just want to see how you write):

" I learned the Alphabet, I should be able to read this" the young girl whispered unaware of the stable boy who was leaned against the dustroom door.
She was the youngest princess of Volterra, a kingdom ruling over half the continent and the most magically advanced in the world the royal family being the most skilled having earned the blessings of both the Dragon and the Oxen. She however was born with no magical skill, Kida, the youngest Heir to the Volterra throne.

gonna stop there so I don't go overboard and write the whole story >.<
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 1/2/2018 at 10:11 AM Post #17
Username: dragongem23
ID: 91682
What genres/types of stories you like to write the most (Fantasy/sci-fi/angst/etc): fantasy and some sci do
Questions? (If yes, feel free to ask!):NoPe
A short piece of writing, can be about anything (this won't affect anything, I just want to see how you write):

the sandman smiled looking down on the games.Many of the dreaming had already lost them,but there was on with red hair and green eyes,one who carried a ring engraved with the symbol of the seriphim,maybe he should be cautius.And watch her carefully...

This is a small sneak peek at a story i am writing called 'The Dreaming" it is very similar to the hunger games
Edited By Dragongem23 on 1/3/2018 at 12:36 PM.
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 1/2/2018 at 1:18 PM Post #18
Username: Fengarii
ID: 94011
What genres/types of stories you like to write the most: Dark fantasy, with a meaning behind it/ gore and creepy stuff
Questions? (If yes, feel free to ask!): Nope.
A short piece of writing, can be about anything: Link to my short story (WARNING there's a bit of gore/mental illness going on in it, be prepared.)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z-X6_Uz3hy8v3JNZZDhhDrEpVPiVTW2Z6vvcpDlmISw/edit
Edited By Fengarii on 1/2/2018 at 1:19 PM.
Naofumi
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 16
Posted: 1/2/2018 at 1:40 PM Post #19
Username: Moondrip
ID: 95322
What genres/types of stories you like to write the most (Fantasy/sci-fi/angst/etc): Fantasy
Questions? (If yes, feel free to ask!):
Clouds
(You don't have to read the whole thing, it isn't done yet) ^~^
Dracornpotato
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 39
Posted: 1/2/2018 at 6:13 PM Post #20
Definitely signing up!
Username: DracornPotato

ID: 55326

What genres/types of stories you like to write the most (Fantasy/sci-fi/angst/etc): Fantasy. Adventure, Depends on the type of Sci-Fi, realistic fiction, and historical fiction.

Questions? (If yes, feel free to ask!): So far, nothing

A short piece of writing can be about anything (this won't affect anything, I just want to see how you write):

The beginning of a story:

I am not a friend. I am not a friend of anything that hates me or loves me, because both will cause me pain. I am only a friend of those who speak to me with a silent voice, a presence that no one feels, though it is always there.
I am a friend of the trees, the water, the plants, the grass. the sky, the clouds, the rain, the thunder, the lightning. I am only a friend of the black barn owl, that had saved my life. The only living thing I respect. More, the only living thing to humans.
I know that the trees are alive, the water, the clouds, the thunder, the lightning. All is with life, no matter the thoughts of "living things."
I cried out to the stars, the shining stars on their black table, serving the moon, the moon in its throne, watching the happenings of the earth and the heavens. I cried out to the night, with the silent wind, the never-ending darkness, the never-ending beauty.
I cried out to the black owl, with its heart-shaped face and smooth, patterned feathers.
I cried out to the trees, the wisest of all beings. I cried out to the mountains, the tallest and broadest of the world, no matter the comparioson to the others.
I cried out to the hidden sun, blazing somewhere else, somewhere I could not see.
I called to the world and the world called back to me, whispered that it knew I was there, that its servant, its protector, its child, dared to acknowledge it.
That I was an existence in the world, that I was solid on its grounds, emotions inside me, and that I was no human.
That I was Urol Naminget. Black Fang.
The world hummed with the name that I was called. Black Fang.
And then, the wind whispered my name. My true name.
Abyss.
The black owl hooted. It screamed back with me, a child of the earth as well.
I narrowed by black eyes, no white at all, scanning. Then I saw her.
Rising from a patch of white flowers, Trwind Folyrei. Mother of the earth.
She was only a presence, a ghost of a life, a shadow, a moonbeam. But she was there. I saw her smile, the softest and most beautiful smile that could form on anyones lips.
Black Fang. Her voice was inside me, an echo that did not come back, a ripple that did not move. Why is it that you call to me?
I looked down.
You hesitate. she said. ... Ahhhh.
Of course she knew. Well?
"If you already know, why must I tell you?" I asked her, biting back the sharp scorn in my words.
Her sigh was like the wind blowing through the branches of the elm trees that surrounded me. Do not ask me to grow it again.
"You know very well that I have asked you before you say I have not," I said. Her eyes flickered.
If you wish it to be so. She drifted past me, towards the small rock that I used as a stool to reach the black owl's nest. I followed her silently. I seated myself on its hard surface.
What am I asking Trwind Folyrei to grow again? The bone at the base of my neck that keeps me from turning into my true form. Every nine years it wears away, and I do what I do now. I beg the Mother of Earth to grow it back, fearing my true body. Her fingers brushed the base of my neck and the bone expanded under my flesh, creating a new pressure.
"Thank you," I whispered guiltily.
She made no response. And then she was gone, not a trace that she had existed.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.