Threads: 124
Posted: 2/7/2018 at 3:34 PM Post #112
You said you were interested. Here.))
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 2/7/2018 at 8:02 PM Post #113
I don't know if I'll have enough time (and inspiration) to participate, but I'm interested.

Username: Enyo
ID: 50253
What genres/types of stories you like to write the most (Fantasy/sci-fi/angst/etc): Fantasy and Historical Fictions. Also Dystopian, Fantastic, and sometimes angst, horror or romance but only if combined with an other genre. I also like to write poetry.
Questions? (If yes, feel free to ask!): Can I have a cookie, please? (you didn't say the questions had to be relevant!). More seriously, I am wondering how much you take grammar errors into account. English is not my first language and I do make some.
A short piece of writing, can be about anything (this won't affect anything, I just want to see how you write):

I did not have any writing in English to show you (probably because I have never writte any fiction in English before), so I wrote something. It is an encounter meant to be taking place in a larger story which I will probably never write, so if there are things that don't seem to make sense, it is normal :p. For some unknown reason, I felt inspired to write it.

WARNING: This text has been written by me, which means that there is some (light) mention of violence and blood, and content which could be considered as inappropriate for younger readers.

The blond boy was smiling. He had bright eyes full of wonder and excitement. They were grey. Grey as the foggy sky of the North. Grey as an Iron Blade.

She suddenly saw a sword slashing into flesh. Blood staining in red the green grass of a battlefield. Loyal friends had become mortal enemies. She heard the cries of the dyings. Father and son falling in each other arms. An Age of Glory being shattered into sand and ashes. The sand and ashes being carried away by the wind of Time.

She shivered. At this moment, she had the power to change Fate. The doomed boy could fell from a cliff. His small body would crash against the sharp rocks, or he could drown in the sea Only one death to prevent destruction. The price did not seem high.

But even if the child was to become a traitor and a murderer, he was still innocent. Would killing him not be against her deepest beliefs, would it not take away a part of her soul? If she modified the Future, hundreds or even thousands would live. Peace and Dreams would live. But for how long? Other treats would rise. And billions of people may never come into existence. Among them were her parents, her brother. Could she sacrifice them too ? She had no way of knowing if the world would really become better, and if it would stay like that forever. It could become worst. Was it a risk to take ?

One day, she would have to take her decision. She would have to choose who she will save, and who she will condemn. But this day had yet to come. The child would live. He would grow up. And if she had to prevent him from fulfilling his dark destiny, it would not be by killing him. It would be by offering him friendship, understanding, love. Hope should not be built from hatred.

She softly smiled back to the young boy, and took his hand into hers. They ran down the stony hill together.

Edit: And now that I've finished to fill the form, I saw that the contest has already started and that it was probably too late to apply anyway... Oh, well...
Edited By Enyo on 2/7/2018 at 8:21 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 5:44 AM Post #114
You've been accepted into the contest! Just go ahead and enter a story for it on the contest thread~
As I said, as long as the contest is in its first round, all entries are accepted.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.