Posted: 1/18/2018 at 10:15 AM Post #92
Interest Ping!
Unwantedclinomaniac
Level 41
Threads: 4
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 11:50 AM Post #93
Username: Unwantedclinomaniac
ID: 95966
What genres/types of stories you like to write the most: Fantasy, Sci-fi, Fluff, Angst, Sad, Horror, etc.
Questions?: Im not really sure.
A short piece of writing, can be about anything:

An excerpt from An Imaginary Friend

A soft breeze brushed against his skin as he played in the grass, next to the blue, gently swaying swing. He played with the small stuffies in his hands while kicking his legs back and forth and laying on his stomach. The little boy would occasionally look up at the playground down the hill that held most of the other kids in his class. They all played on the pavement or with other playground equipment, doing things he wasn't particularly fond of. He just stayed at the lone swing that probably used to be part of a backyard from the houses behind him. The little boy stared off at the kids wishing to be part of their fun, but the likelihood of that was slim. He was different, weird, strange. He didn't like making much conversation with others he didn't know very well, nor did he tend to talk very much at all. The most noticeable had always been when he was found talking to himself, at least from anothers point of view. He was considered so strange, especially since that most kids had grown out of what he hadn't, apparently.

You can go play with them you know.

The little boy shook his head while continuing to play.

I can be by myself I wont mind.

Again, the boy shook his head. Liar I know you don't like it. I don't How could you? How can an imaginary friend like being alone when the kid who created it didn't?

The swaying of the swing stopped and the boy could hear a small sigh come from the visibly older individual. He turned his head to look at the imaginary friend. He had his head down a bit, brown longish shaggy hair in his face. The little boy studied the individual only he could see. He wore what he always wore, a black hoodie that had a pair of ear on the hood and some black pants, no shoes or socks. Probably no shirt underneath the hoodie too. He doubted his imagination wanted to dive in too far into details. However, apparently it did want to make sure he was handsome and cared enough to give him sparkling, vivid blue eyes. He didn't understand why his imagination decided to come up with an individual like this, especially one twice his age.

Im not alive. It doesn't matter what I think though. The friend looked over at him.

Ill feel guilty, you are alive enough to me for it to matter.

A small laugh fell from the others lips. You sure are a strange kid.
Edited By Unwantedclinomaniac on 1/18/2018 at 1:25 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 12:16 PM Post #94
Hmm... Topics... hmmm, I'm okay with most except poetry XD It takes me forever to make rhymes but I can still do it
Unwantedclinomaniac
Level 41
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 1:26 PM Post #95
Sorry my punctuation and quotations wont show up
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 5:19 PM Post #96
Welcome!
Great story there :)
Unwantedclinomaniac
Level 41
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 8:30 PM Post #97
Thank you. ^^
Sorry, but for some reason it keeps getting rid of my quotations and apostrophes.
Aamore
Level 70
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 66
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 8:56 PM Post #98

~ Username ~
Spicybb

~ ID ~

~ What Genre Do I Enjoy Writing ~
The thing that I enjoy most out of anything is writing about Fantasy! It is absolutely wonderful to imagine your own world with creatures bursting forth from your very imagination. I also enjoy writing about angst, horror, mystery, and poems are a pretty big interest for me.

~ Example ~
( I apologize if this is not allowed but since I write in two different styles I would like to show you both of them! Once again, my apologizes. )

You rushed forward, your staff clutched tightly within the bonds of your grimmy plam. Bland grey stone soon transversed into bright collections of blushed pink, cherry red, aqua blue, and blazing orange petals. A sea of colour erupted before you as the labyrinths wonders finally presented themselves into the once concealed open. Beautiful creatures fluttered along the dazzling field, each as delicately sculpted as any of the rest. Scores of flowers swayed against the soft pleasant breeze causing the sweet aroma to drift against your dazed senses. A purple patch of daises in particular caught your attention. Oh so pleasing they seemed. You wished for a rest, it would only be a short nap. . .
Do not fall for their trickery Hero, transmitted a smooth voice. Arise from their foul grips for I shall guide you. The sudden haze that was lifted from you thoughts brought forth the return of your rightful senses. With a cry of dismay you jumped away from the now steaming petals. Drops of waxy purple slid off of the creation to instead reveal the dull stained points of razor sharp canines.With a groan of protest a creature revealed its ugly face. Warts sizzled angrily along its cranium before the monster disappeared beneath the pungent soil as thick claws tore through the once flower littered grass.

~~~
*Hint towards death and slight gore involved! You have been warned*
Mary had a little lamb,
Who's fleece was like that of gold.
Everywhere that Mary tread,
The little sheep would follow so.

She followed her through the woods one day,
And broke a sacred rule.
She tread from the path of rightfulness,
And fell into the wolf's pool.

With her coat now stained with a crimson mask,
She hurried along her away.
The wolf following close behind,
As he tracked the trail of his prey.

Tick, tock the cloak rolled on,
As Mary skiped along the lane.
Calling out for her golden lamb,
As the day slipped away.

She stopped with a sudden wretch,
As the light faded to dark.
The last sight she ever saw,
Was the wolf landing on his mark.

A fleece of gold adored his coat,
One that looked oh so familiar.
And Mary had one last moment to gasp,
Before she met a fate oh so similar.
Dunno
Level 66
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 37
Posted: 1/18/2018 at 9:22 PM Post #99
aah i hope this is still open~

Username: Dunno
ID: 48928
What genres/types of stories you like to write the most (Fantasy/sci-fi/angst/etc): Fantasy, Adventure, Angst
Questions? (If yes, feel free to ask!): Nah
A short piece of writing, can be about anything:
(a more solemn snippet of a project)

The beating rain poured down, fitting, but at the same time not for this situation. Etica stared evenly at the platinum-haired boy in front of him who had just managed to save everyone.

Aqua and Jade's gazes were downcast, and while this was the norm with Jade, his twin Aqua was a different story entirely. The demon twins were wordless, and the mood they set was certainly a noteworthy change from the way they often were.

Ikina and Tanaka were also quiet. Etica had expected his two friends to be interrogating Kana, the boy in front of them, however, they did not go down that path.

Naki's fists were clenched tightly, and she gazed directly into Kana's silver eyes, as though she were saying You didn't need to save us- we were fine. Rumi, who was usually so intent on protecting Kana had stormy eyes, as though her world had just been torn down, only to reveal a stage with a set of props and cameras rolling.

What struck Etica as the most surprising however, was Xyniu. The younger, feminine boy was usually cheery, yet his eyes were dark and were they red? And his voice was soft and was he interrogating or guilt-tripping or thanking Kana?

Etica spoke up. "Kana... What?" He asked, letting the simple word of 'what' roll off his tongue. The winds had swept the bangs that usually covered Etica's right eye to the side, giving Kana the full view of two empty green orbs.

Kana smiled, his silver eyes light (artificially?) and his hair seemingly glowing. "Me?" His head tilted slightly as his smile turned bittersweet. "I'm just an idiot that's called the Clock Prince."

The boy who was always perfect, always a side character, was actually a boy who even rulers of the biggest empires would bow down to. A boy who could read any other person like the back of his hand.

"Now c'mon- Don't we have a festival to go to?" And then Kana smiled (brilliantly) and turned and ran, his feet thumping matching with the rain (tip-tap, tip-tap). Xyniu followed after him, his long hair no longer dark, his eyes now bright and blue.

Etica smiled. "You may say that you are the idiot, Kana..." Etica looked upwards at the sun , still glowing through the mid-tone clouds. "But at least you've accepted where you are." Etica's fingers curled into fists. "I want- I need to return to my home. But that's a th-"

The rest of his sentence was only heard by the sky.
Edited By Dunno on 1/18/2018 at 9:26 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 2:16 AM Post #100
Welcome! Love both your stories!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.