Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > A Very Strange Thanksgiving...
Page 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Sc0ut
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 81
Posted: 11/25/2017 at 11:54 AM Post #61
We made our food the day before. :(
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 11/25/2017 at 3:42 PM Post #62
So... I went out of town and the dinner was already made by others.. However, I think I have a solution to all that, and Id like to ask you to bear with me and hopefully enjoy my narrative of my Very Strange Thanksgiving...

"Ah.. The day after Thanksgiving," I mumbled as I stretched and got ready for the day. Everyone knows the day after Thanksgiving is when you take down the Halloween lights and put up the Christmas Tree. Of course, you do all that after going sale hunting on one of the busiest shopping times of the year.

I let my dogs out into their fenced yard to play while I began my to-do list. Out of nowhere, my pups began barking like crazy. I rushed to the backyard to see what all the commotion was. Bright and shiny, right before my eyes sat a 1950's stereotypical flying saucer. After blinking a few times and pinching myself, I witnessed a hatch slide open and a conveyer belt-like ramp protrude. Dry ice fog seeped through the opening, down the ramp. As I watched, I saw the silhouettes of two figures take a step onto the ramp. As they descended, I was able to fully comprehend their green hue, large craniums, and bulbous eyes. 'Boy, did Hollywood get it right or what?' I thought to myself.

Instantly, my dogs were quiet. They stood wagging their tails; a strange occurrence since they normally do not like strangers. But, my dogs are good judges of character, so I went out greet the two strangers. Be it technology or their immense telepathic powers, I was able to hear them in my mind. They were on a long journey but had landed to investigate this new world. They were also hungry.

"No problem," I began explaining, showing them into my house, "Yesterday was what is known here in this country as Thanksgiving and it is a time to reflect on the blessings all around you, and to give Thanks. See, this country is a country of immigrants and so we celebrate this time of harvest and plenty."

My new friends were nodding softly, apparently hanging on my every word. So I continued:

"The tradition of Thanksgiving is to have a large feast, shared with friends, family, and loved ones. The foods vary in different parts of the country, but normally there is a turkey, stuffed with spices and bread pieces--" I stopped as I noticed the horrified looks on their faces. "Oh yeah. Uhm. Humans are somewhat of a barbaric species, and we use some animals for meat." I sincerely hoped they wouldn't start to wonder what I tasted like, so I hurried on, "It is important that we also give thanks to the animals who have given their life for our sustenance."

"Since yesterday was the day of the feast and giving thanks, today is the day of.. Leftovers!" I sat out a few containers of food from the day before: Turkey, stuffing, and cranberry jelly. The aliens stared at the red jelly, transfixed at its wobble.

"And with all of this is the bones of our meal." I began boiling water and put some eggs in.

While the eggs were boiling, I got out some leftover sweet rolls and toasted them on one side.

Once the eggs cooled, I began peeling them and then slicing them. "Now I am making Deviled Eggs. There are a lot of different ways to make them but my grandmother likes them a very certain way. I just mix Miracle Whip with the egg yolks. That's it!"

"And now, we can construct our monster leftover sandwich meal!" I said as I began laying turkey, stuffing, and cranberry jelly in a very carbo-licious Thanksgiving sandwich.

"To finish off the meal, is one of the tastiest concoctions, called rice krispy treats!" I began melting butter and marshmallows--

--then added the rice cereal.

I put them in a pan to let them cool before I cut them.

After they cooled, I thought another sweet touch would be some hot chocolate.

And topped it off with whipped cream and a few chocolate chips for garnish.

The aliens heaved a content sigh after finishing all the food. There wasnt a scrape left. I turned the TV on and told them to just sit and relax for a little bit, as this was also tradition. After they had a bit of a nap, they told me they had to get back home but would never forget this experience. I watched as they waddled back to their ship, waving goodbye to them. I knew I would never forget this experience, either; it truly had been a very strange Thanksgiving.
Edited By Kyokai on 11/25/2017 at 3:51 PM.
Valligator
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 5
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 10:10 AM Post #63
(Oh my goodness!! Just typed this whole post and when I went to preview it, to make sure the pic links worked, a cornucopia showed up on the page. Without thinking I clicked it and my post disappeared! So......time to type it all over........)

I basically had two Thanksgivings this year, and the aliens showed up a bit too late for either one. So, I did what any thrifty Mainer would and whipped them up some dishes from the leftovers.

My first Thanksgiving feast was on the 19th, well before the OP, so I didn't get to take a pic with my name and the date. But I'll include a pic anyway because this was the most creative thing I did this holiday, and I used leftovers from it in the dishes. Anyway, we had a Friendsgiving Potluck and birthday party for me. Our friends brought lots of amazing dishes, but we supplied the entree. A Meat Dragon! And its clutch of eggs!

The dragon was created from a variety of meats, pork roast body, chicken legs, chicken skin wings, ground meat neck and tail, and the head I sculpted from a rutabaga and covered in shaved steak (which got really dried out, so my pupper got eat that). The eggs are Scotch Eggs, which are hard boiled eggs that are wrapped in sausage then coated in bread crumbs and deep fried (I know they sound weird, but they are SO GOOD!).

I showed our alien visitors pictures of the meat dragon and they were very impressed, though a bit confused until I explained that it wasn't an actual dragon, just made to look like one. Below is a pic of the dragon and eggs.

And just because, here is a pic of my pupper Lillie waiting to eat dragon face. (Please excuse her long claws, they needed trimming badly and got it the following day.)

My second Thanksgiving was on the 23rd around noonish at my aunt's house several towns over. The aliens didn't show up til several days later so they didn't get any of the traditional Thanksgiving fare, or get to meet my family, which is probably for the best since my grandparents were there and seeing aliens might be a bit too stressful for them. For the family meal I made Pesto Chicken Pinwheels, the filling was cream cheese, pesto and leftover chicken (I roasted two whole chickens and only used the legs and the skin for the dragon).

Luckily some of the Pinwheels were left over, so when the aliens showed up yesterday evening I had something for them to snack on while I whipped up my dishes from leftovers.

Half of the dragon body (er pork roast) was left so I chunked that up, sliced some carrots and mixed that all up with BBQ sauce and threw it in the oven to roast. Then, since I still had plenty of leftover chicken I made a chicken salad, it was pretty standard, chicken, mayo, pepper, garlic salt, and a bit unorthodox with the addition of minced dill pickles.

I would have liked to serve these dishes over bread, but we didn't have a slice in the house, so we made due with blue corn chips (also left over from the Sunday party). It looked a bit of a mess, but it tasted great and the alien visitors ate it right up.

After dinner we had some drinks and talked late into the night. I inquired as to why the aliens had stopped in and they explained that recently the scientists of their home world had developed nanites which were capable of transforming anything the aliens consumed into digestible compounds, so culinary tours of the universe were the all the rage now. I recommended a few good Earth restaurants and promised to make them something a bit more complex if they returned, as long as they gave me some advanced notice. They bid us farewell, had a last cuddle with Lillie, and glided off into the night.
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 124
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 3:25 PM Post #64
Time to show these aliens a good thanksgiving! ^^ Now on Thanksgiving I could only make one meal- green bean casserole. =3

Ain't I a handsome man in my kitty PJs? |D

I couldn't hold the name tag properly cause I needed both hands ^^;

Here I forgot to put my name tag in >.> My mom is putting the crockpot in a carrier to take to my grandparents farm for Thanksgiving ^^

It got pretty busy so I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the completed green bean casserole, but here it is finishing cooking up at my grandparent's farm!

The next day I decided to make my very favorite food! Tuna casserole! (lots'a casseroles eh?) Because I'd want alien visitor to have a taste of my favorite meal~

Then after a half our of baking, it's time to nomnomnomnom~ <3

Lastly, since I only have limited cooking skills, I had to make something simple. (Also there's no more ingredients in the house ^^' ) But simple is still good! So why not treat the aliens to a popular, nice and easy sandwich? Peanut Butter and Jelly!

BONUS! Aliens probably have pets too, right? Well on Thanksgiving why not show how to make a special holiday meal for one? So I decided to spoil my cat and give her something besides just her regular dry food.

Time for the kitty to nom! (She had to be fed in the basement because my sister's dogs who were visiting would have gotten it >.>)

Fantasizing
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 15
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 4:08 PM Post #65
No thanksgiving over here in Europe! But those dishes look really tasty :0
American food seems to be covered, so when the aliens land in my backyard on their gourmet tour, I'll give them food from all around the world! Really, mostly earth's greatest invention.... desserts.
(A lot of photos turned out blurry, so most of them are linked instead of ruining the post -.- )

Let's start our trip around the world... in Malawi, Africa! I remember eating a super delicious sweet potato and ginger soup at school during some cultural event once, and while I couldn't find that recipe, I did find one that was just as good!
Gotta cook em first! Two pots because the potatoes Will Return. Not pictured: some carrots, broccoli, spices and lemon juice that were added. I felt kind of wary about the lemon juice, but it really added something extra!
The result: a very big pot with a loooot of soup.

The color really matches the bowl nicely, doesn't it?
(When we make soup we usually keep some for my grandma, but this time my mom proclaimed it was too good and we kept it all for ourselves, lol)

And now, onto desserts already!
Argentina, South-America is just around the door when you have a spaceship. It's a little early for independence day, but the pastelitos they traditionally serve during the holiday are too good to wait for!
This is what those extra sweet potatoes were for, seen here in a more jam-ish state, called "dulce de batata". After cutting some thin puff pastry into small squares, our kitchen counter turned into a pastelito making station. Puff pastry on the left, dulce on the right, and a bowl of water to make the puff pastry more sticky. The pastelito-mountain in the left upper corner grew to an awesome size!
After being fried, they looked so cute, like a kid's drawing of the sun.

Here they are with some powdered sugar! They tasted really great, an interesting combination of sweet and savoury, and above all super crunchy.

Our next stop is all across the world, in Asia, specifically Japan!
I didn't get to snap a lot of pics, because I chose to make mochi, and everything was sticky. It's a miracle I got it all off my hands, lol. I wanted to make dango, but the green mochi looked a little too much like our alien friends... So it turned into white and pink mochi with a syrup to dip them in.
I tried to make the nice, deep color of the syrup visible. Because it was made with soy sauce, it was both sweet and savoury, like the pastelitos, which made those two courses combine nicely.

It's getting rather late now, so for the last dish I'm taking the aliens a little closer to my home... to France. This dessert was served with coffee, to complement the sweet flavour. Because macarons are very sweet indeed! Here they are in the oven. This is the fourth time I made macarons I think, but I still made them too big. You'd think I'd learn at some point! That doesn't take away from the taste and crunch though, and the filling turned out delightfully pink!

That concludes our trip around the world, thanks for taking it with me! If you're curious about a recipe, let me know and I'll shoot you a link :)

(Yes... I did forget Australia is its own continent. I'm sorry, Australia.
May the kangaroos forgive me.)
Lunarwolfie
Level 73
Majestic Sculptor
Threads: 18
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 8:30 PM Post #66
hope I was disqualified (I forgot the dat I made it on thanksgiving though edited to add this)

First thing I decided to make was Quesadillas. (with the supervision/help of my mother)

FIrst thing I did was collect my ingredients to make it.
I defrosted the chicken and pulled the chicken apart (from being stuck together frozen)

(sorry pic is blurry)

After cutting the meat into small pieces and after cooking the meat in the pan and adding some spices. I put the chicken into a bowl (to keep everything neat)

This is a quesadilla maker all it does is melt the cheese and presses the tortillas closed around the cheese and meat

After buttering the machine I put the a tortilla down lay cheese and then the chicken putting another tortilla down on top. waiting a couple mins checking on it I pull it out

I cut the Tortilla up and tried putting in shape of a turkey. with white chocolate chips as eyes.

I made 2 plates for the 2 green alien men (another plate was filled with extras) with a small bowl of salsa (in case they didn't like salsa)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd thing I decided to make was fudge brownies (I was told it was ok so yay!)

first thing was to get all the ingredients and items ready. I had poured the mix into the bowl already in this pic.

After mixing all the ingredients and spraying the pan I pour the batter into the pan

After cooking in the oven for some time (checking on it *forgot how long*)
We took it out of the oven. To cool.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the next item to make was blue berry muffins
got the ingredients out and ready

Mixing the box ingredients with some extra milk and some homegrown blueberries
(lighting was horrible in this pic. the batter was not that dark/yellow.)

Sprayed the pan and added the batter

after the over heated up and the muffins cooked they came out nicely

Here are what the muffins and the brownies look like after they cooled and token off the pans.

The last thing to make was Banana Bread
mom started before I could get a pic. so the mix was in the bowl she had water in the red cup and I am holding the egg (I still did most of the work)

the batter was thick for some reason so my mom helped me stir it. After I mashed the bananas, she poured in water and I cracked the egg.

After powdering the pan so the bread doesn't stick/can rise. she held the pan steady while I poured the batter in

After cooking in the oven. we pulled it out and set it out to cool

*I forgot to take last picture of the bread on a plate*

Mom and I ate with the green men. well I ate she mostly talked their ears off. late at night they finally said their goodbyes thanked us for the wonderful meal and left telling us the would never forget us and we would never forget them. After I cleaned the kitchen I fell fast asleep I was sooo pooped I fell right asleep.

That would be a thanksgiving I will never forget.

(Hopefully I did good I worked really hard on it. I had loads of fun with my mom <3 and the green men)
Edited By Lunarwolfie on 11/27/2017 at 3:57 PM.
Theafy
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 58
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 9:35 PM Post #67
Haven't had much time to do anything special, so here's my family's traditional Cranberry pie :D

Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 10:02 PM Post #68
I immediately recognize the aliens as family and offer to make them some of my favourite foods that I learned to make on Earth.

I have to do links to the photos in my Photobucket Album. Click the magnifying glass to see the photo larger.

I did photos of the main dish and the side dish together to save space, time, and sanity.

First photo: Cooking the meat and boiling the water..
Second photo: Adding sauce and butter.
Third photo: Adding main ingredients.
Fourth photo: Finished dishes. b:

Then for dessert! :D

First photo: First layer: gelato/ice cream/et cetera
Second photo: Second layer: peanut butter b:
Third photo: Third layer: chocolate syrup
Fourth photo: Repeat until full.

Mmmmm! ^_^
Even the aliens like this kind of stuffing and they don't like any other kind of stuffing. D.D ^D^ Yay, unity over food!
Edited By Varyntha on 11/27/2017 at 3:42 PM.
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 11/27/2017 at 6:36 AM Post #69
I'd serve the aliens tortillas for dinner:

Fairy bread as a snack:

Ice-cream with chocolate topping, sprinkles and marshmallows for dessert:

Lightningstorms
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 49
Posted: 11/27/2017 at 10:47 AM Post #70
Well, I guess I cant leave the aliens starving so off I go to cook...
First dish on the menu: Cutlets with courgettes, served with mashed potato and home made sour krout (though it came into exhistence before this thread so I have no photos of its creation.)

Next dish: Chocolate brownie with decicated coconut (which isn't clear on the photos) (brown stuff is brown sugar)

Now for a lighter dessert/drink: Mango lassie

As the aliens were so tired, they decided to spand the night with us before taking off to explore another planet. Before they left, we served them a noodle-prawn salad (sort of... made up the recipie while the noodles boiled) to give them energy for their trip:

Hope the aliens were satisfied with their dinner :)
(After I had taken the photos of the first few dishes I remembered that we had to write the date... so I typed it on, is that ok?)
Edited By Lightningstorms on 11/27/2017 at 12:00 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.