Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > A Very Strange Thanksgiving...
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Darkblood
Level 42
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 73
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:06 PM Post #41
my first Pumpkin pie ever!!!!!!!!!!!1

The cooked pumpkin

peeled and About to blend

Blended about to add ingredients

In pie crust about to put in oven

Baked and finished

Mashed potatoes

Washing and cutting potatoes
the secret let sit in ice water for 1 hour

Putting in crockpot to cook

Cooked and ready to mash

Ready to serve

Herb stuffing

Ingredients I am using

Stuffing mixed and ready to cook

Cooked and ready to serve

All the food layed out i made everything, my mom was so happy she got to rest.

The pie cut kinda watery but everyone loved it

Edit just got rid of some writing
other Edits trying to fix pics
last edit fixed pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited By Darkblood on 11/24/2017 at 2:23 PM.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Threads: 7
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:06 PM Post #42
I'll give it a try, but I'll probably be using my mom's phone, so maybe not. we went to my grandpa's for lunch today, so we'll be making up our own thanksgiving feast a little later this week, tomorrow or Saturday.
Ladybirdkitten
Level 35
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:36 PM Post #43
Was helping mom with cooking the pie we made the night before didn't last long enough for me to take pic.

Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:50 PM Post #44
@Darkblood

Make sure your links are posted correctly or you won't receive credit.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 9:16 PM Post #45
Well, the aliens have arrived in my yard on Thanksgiving, but I don't want to just teach them about American customs, because they've never been to Earth before! Because of this, I present to them, Zelly's Around the World Thanksgiving Feast.

Mexican
We start with Mexican. (Tex-mex, to be specific, but Mexico inspired, for sure.)

We are going to make an Enchilada Casserole. Traditional Mexican dishes were made with corn torillas and a variety of fillings, but in the time since, the Tex Mex style which was born in US border states has influenced Mexican cuisine in much the way that Mexican cuisine first influenced the southern states themselves. Flour tortillas can now be found alongside traditional corn based ones in the northern half of Mexico.

We add the cheese sauce and red sauce now. This is the extra naughty version of my Enchilada Casserole. The less naughty one uses just red sauce and no cheese sauce.

On top of that, a layer of meat, which we cooked while layering, and more beans. We're using ground turkey, with chilli powder and garlic for seasoning here to go with our around the world thanksgiving theme.

A final layer of tortilla and shredded cheese goes on top, and in it goes at 350 degrees.

And out of the oven it comes, 40 minutes later.

Moroccan
We continue on with Moroccan! And for that, we need a lot of spices. How many? This many!

In true Moroccan style, we make our kefta without measuring. Eyeballing is common here. The blend of seasonings intended to be used upon meat based dishes is referred to as kefta. Kefta does not have any true wrong or right, as there are many versions, and no exact measurements are typically used. I learned the basis of my kefta blend from a first generation immigrant, and then I altered it a bit to create my own personal blend.

Kefta should sit on the meat for 24 hours before cooking, but the aliens didn't give us much notice, so while we use this mix on 2 and a half pounds of meat, we're only going to be making up just enough for dinner tonight. We mix the meat and spice mix well, and then add honey mustard on top while still cooking as my personal twist.

Next we add the cheese, so it melts on top of the burger. Baby swiss, and one cheddar for the picky one. ;P

All done

American
Finally, for dessert, we are going old fashioned Americana, with a new-age twist. Pumpkin pie is not very commonly eaten in other countries, but is a traditional fall staple in the US, where the pumpkin plant is native. Pumpkin can be difficult to grow in other countries, due to a very lengthy growing season in comparison to other crops, which has further hampered its popularity outside of its native environment.

First we mix together our seasonings, and add our new-age twist. A good helping of cacao.

Then we mix in out canned pumpkin. Canned pumpkin is made from a specific pumpkin hybrid that is not typically used for carving. Standard pumpkins may be used, but will not make as much filling as the hybrids bred specifically for this purpose do.

For the aliens, we add a little chocolate candy-cane face to make the pie more fun, before placing it in the oven.

Out comes the happy pie!
Edited By Zelly on 11/27/2017 at 6:01 PM.
Rissada
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Threads: 27
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 9:24 PM Post #46
Pumpkin Pie:

Gathering the ingredients

Mixing them

Ready to go in oven

Baked!

Stuffed Baked Cheese:

Gathering the ingredients

Putting it together

Baked and ready to eat!

Stuffing:

Gathering and starting to cook ingredients

Making the stuffing

Ready to eat!

Brined Roast Duck

It sits in the brine for about 24 hours

Ready to go in the oven

Ready to be enjoyed!
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 10:06 PM Post #47
Here is my Strange Thanksgiving meal entry. As my Thanksgiving was last month, I decided to do what I could and make a unique meal that hopefully many would enjoy~

First up, my salad appetizer~

Second, my chicken and mozzarella ravioli with pesto main course~

Finally, my apple crisp dessert~
(I got lucky and had already been planning to make this for family, so it fit in perfectly. I also made my own person serving to 'sample' XD)

Darkblood
Level 42
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 11/24/2017 at 7:27 AM Post #48
Um ok what do you mean?
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 11/24/2017 at 7:28 AM Post #49
your links are broken make sure they all end with .jpg
Edited By Starline on 11/24/2017 at 7:32 AM.
Darkblood
Level 42
Stocking Stuffer
Posted: 11/24/2017 at 7:32 AM Post #50
What do you mean broken
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.