Posted: 7/6/2017 at 4:15 AM Post #11
Cool, Looks good!
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 4:30 AM Post #12
this sounds amazing krin! I'd just like to clerify a couple things :p

We craft some avi items right? will these be limited or will they be there all the time?
Also when you say you can't progress until you defeat the boss I'm guessing this works like normal bosses in the storyline? so you can't keep exploring until the boss has been defeated by you personally. (of course, the difficulty is lowered by other players battling it too)

One final question lol The new elite pets who have the special abilties would be sort of like battling other players I'm guessing?
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 4:36 AM Post #13
The size of this thing sounds great. I look foreward to exploring it. I do have 2 questions though.

1: You speak of buffed up/powerfull pets to face the higher level enemies. But does this mean pets with higher basic stats (from breeding projects and stuff) or just pets you trained/gave good equipment etc. Is it still possible (withoud being a battle mastermind or highly gifted gamer when it comes to strat and stuff) to finnish the mega zone (and in the future the whole game) with your starter pet and generated pets who have the naturaly lower stats? Because I have grown quite attatched to my first team and would love to be able to finnish this game with them for the sake of the story.

2: You mentiond:
-Collect and craft literally hundreds of different Avatar Items.

This sounds very cool. Crafting is something I have been hoping to try since I started this game so I'm very excited to hear it's comming our way. But are all these items new items or a chance to start remaking the old items from older fests and older monthlies? If they all are new items, I'm a bit concerned about the size of our wardrobe. At the moment it takes a very long time to scroll trough pages and pages of items to get to that 1 item you want to use. If hundreds of items are added to that, these pages wil also increase even more which is not very practical and makes you lose compleet sight of the items you do own. They become lost in a sea of items you don't own. At least in the case of those who do not collect items. And even those who do will not have a clear view on all their items. Are there plans to change the wardrobe/item list system so we will have a quiker means to scroll trough the items we already have, or the items we want to have? Maybe 1 big page that includes all items of one sort (held or back etc.) or maybe an option to only show you the items you own so you don't have to scroll so much to see what you have?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 4:41 AM Post #14
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=2#12
Author: Grapejuice
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 4:30 AM
this sounds amazing krin! I'd just like to clerify a couple things :p

We craft some avi items right? will these be limited or will they be there all the time?
Also when you say you can't progress until you defeat the boss I'm guessing this works like normal bosses in the storyline? so you can't keep exploring until the boss has been defeated by you personally. (of course, the difficulty is lowered by other players battling it too)

One final question lol The new elite pets who have the special abilties would be sort of like battling other players I'm guessing?

For Avatar Items in the MZ, basically you will first have to unlock the ability to craft them. Then collect various supplies from all over in the MZ. Then collect the design for the item from the item's respective Named. Then craft it.

You will receive an Avatar Item like every other Avatar Item in the game.

And yes, once on a Stage to defeat a Boss, you will have to defeat it before advancing to the next Stage. It is basically set up so that there will be the following equation:

Time Since Boss Spawned + Pet Strength = Required Skill/Difficulty

The longer the Boss has been available, naturally, the more players who will reach that point - thus making it easier for everyone still trying to beat it.

If at first the 'Required Skill/Difficulty' is too high for you, you will have plenty of room to level your pets up, improve their Ability Expertise, and find/upgrade Pet Equipment. All the while, more time is passing so more players will get to this stage, thus making the boss even easier. Eventually, it all comes together for you and you can defeat the Boss and advance.

I mean, you're still battling against scripted AI. It's just, instead of the wild Sylesties using "Attack" and "Finishing Blow", they'll actually start using some basic Abilities with various Effects. Those Abilities and Effects just so happen to be the same that your Party Pets can use. So you'll have to adjust accordingly depending on the type of Sylesti you battle against. Such as... don't attack through Thorncoat. Or make sure to Block against Fairy Light to reduce its healing, etc.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 4:49 AM Post #15
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=2#13
Author: EraNime
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 4:36 AM
The size of this thing sounds great. I look foreward to exploring it. I do have 2 questions though.

1: You speak of buffed up/powerfull pets to face the higher level enemies. But does this mean pets with higher basic stats (from breeding projects and stuff) or just pets you trained/gave good equipment etc. Is it still possible (withoud being a battle mastermind or highly gifted gamer when it comes to strat and stuff) to finnish the mega zone (and in the future the whole game) with your starter pet and generated pets who have the naturaly lower stats? Because I have grown quite attatched to my first team and would love to be able to finnish this game with them for the sake of the story.

2: You mentiond:
-Collect and craft literally hundreds of different Avatar Items.

This sounds very cool. Crafting is something I have been hoping to try since I started this game so I'm very excited to hear it's comming our way. But are all these items new items or a chance to start remaking the old items from older fests and older monthlies? If they all are new items, I'm a bit concerned about the size of our wardrobe. At the moment it takes a very long time to scroll trough pages and pages of items to get to that 1 item you want to use. If hundreds of items are added to that, these pages wil also increase even more which is not very practical and makes you lose compleet sight of the items you do own. They become lost in a sea of items you don't own. At least in the case of those who do not collect items. And even those who do will not have a clear view on all their items. Are there plans to change the wardrobe/item list system so we will have a quiker means to scroll trough the items we already have, or the items we want to have? Maybe 1 big page that includes all items of one sort (held or back etc.) or maybe an option to only show you the items you own so you don't have to scroll so much to see what you have?

The MZ basically has a massive, massive curve of progression. When you first enter the MZ with three Level 60 Pets with whatever gear you have now, your battling capabilities will be a fraction of what you can eventually achieve through just time and effort. If you're not an expert battler, then it may just take a bit more time as you gain more levels, gain more expertise, or get better Equipment.

However, once you finally get to that point, your pets should be like gods compared to the bulk content of the MZ. The only exceptions will be future Bosses and the Dungeon - which will pretty much require being at that level.

As for the Base Stats issue, it is something I am actually trying to figure out. I'd like the following to somehow come together:

1. The raw base Stats of a pet when created/found.
2. The boost to base Stats through breeding projects.
3. Further enhancing a pet's base Stats through advanced battling at max Level.

I'd love to come up and implement a way to incorporate all three of those by the time the MZ releases or shortly after. The biggest hurdle though is to make sure that I do not hurt the value of breeding projects. So I can't just simply have all three share and use "base Stats" as they are now.

And no, there is no plan to do anything to the Wardrobe at this time. It would be too massive of a project and a waste of time as it would become pretty much obsolete when I then go to rebuild Sylestia for relaunch.

There is an unofficial Sylestia extension though that does make navigating the Wardrobe a bit more manageable:

https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=37255
Edited By Krinadon on 7/6/2017 at 4:51 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 5:02 AM Post #16
ah okay got it! Thanks krin I can't wait for the Megazone to come out, keep up the awesome job
Shiraishi
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 5:13 AM Post #17
Gosh I am SO excited! It really sounds like it'll be amazing! <3
The music is amazing, too.
And.. KEYBINDS for enemy targeting?! BLESS!
That means I'll be making a profile for JoyToKey for those who wanna play Sylestia on a controller :D
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 5:20 AM Post #18
So the wardrobe will be getting a change in the relaunch then? If so thats good to hear. And then I do understand wanting to wait with doing so untill the relaunch. As long as there are some plans, for here or the relaunch to make the wardrobe easyer/faster to handle then thats just great news. (Sadly I don't use chrome and I play on my laptop windows 7 so I'm not sure if that extension would work. Thanks for letting me know it's there though.)

As for the pet stats. I understand where you come from. Many people did work hard to breed high or max stat pets. But let me for a moment come back to Pokemon (I know I know :P This ain't pokemon but humor me). In pokemon games it is possible to beat the story with any and all pokemon you can catch in the game. People can still breed their pokemon to max out their Stats (IV I believe was the big deal there) there as well. But it is not needed for the story. It's a bonus thing to do for the more die hard players, while the casual players can just have fun with the story and any pokemon that catches their fancy.

Instead what this breeding is used for most is batteling eachother. To create a powerfull team to defeat strong other more die hard players like themselves. And of course using the better stat pokemon makes finnishing the story easyer as bonus as well if one would want that.

Perhaps for Sylestia something similar could work. Story wise any pet, even the lowest stats, could finnish the story withoud to much difficulty as long as you train them well, give them good equipment and experience etc.

Having maxed or higher stat pets is not needed for the story, but it does make things faster/easyer.

What could be added is the option to battle eachother where doing so with your high stat pets would def work in your favor. You could have casual battles, and official battles (with official battle you put something on the line that if you lose the winner gets. Like an item, or a pet, or maybe you can gather victory points which then you can use in a new victory points shop or something) Or perhaps tournaments could be held where players can battle eachother where good prizes could be added, so those who do focus on high stats will have the chance to win themselves some very good exclusive things. (Stuff you can't buy in diamond/scale/region shops).

I don't know how hard something like this is to create though. Sorry if it's not a realistic idea. :(
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 5:25 AM Post #19
This is very exciting! Loving all the new ideas the MegaZone will bring.
Niyalynn
Level 60
Threads: 25
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 5:55 AM Post #20
About this:

As we've stated before, the MZ will also be using a brand new trapping system unlike anything else currently in existence in the game. This also means that your current Traps will be unusable in the MZ. You will have to use new, MZ specific Traps. These will be made available from Ethernia's Market when the MZ releases and also from inside the MZ itself.

Dose that mean the traps I spent diamond on will not longer work as they should at all or just in the new zone? If they will not work in the old zones as they do now is there a way to get a refund from them?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.