Forum Index > News and Announcements > (Final) MegaZone Update
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4... 15, 16, 17 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 8:05 AM Post #21
It will be interesting to see how things work out, but I won't lie that I am concerned on the focus of fighting. I just hope the breeding aspect of the game doesn't become a side note.

In terms of the changes to the base stats, should I hold off on doing any more max stat projects? I enjoy these projects, but they do cost a significant amount of both time and cash. If pets caught in the mega zone have higher base stats than what are currently available, then it makes more sense to wait on any more max stat projects. This is especially true for mana that can't be increased in any way other than breeding with pets that have the higher mana.

I know you are still working on this, but I also don't want to waste my time and resources if it's better to wait.
Obin
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 6
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 8:34 AM Post #22
Sad wardrobe isn't getting updated. I never use it, really, because it's such a pita to use. lol And it's sad bc I have a few good items in my inventory that I /would/ use, if it were easier to use the wardrobe.

But, mz sounds cool. :3
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 8:57 AM Post #23
I am very excited for the release of the MegaZone, and to be able to finally open my MegaZone boxes! :D

It will be a lot of fun to work with other players to complete the various MegaZone tasks. I look forward to seeing how this all comes together~

I am curious, though. Will there be any way to obtain the fabled(and non fabled in the case of the Puffadore) pets that cannot be caught in the wild? Say, as a special themed drop, or a way to craft them(like say growing a plant, or brewing a pet)?
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 9:23 AM Post #24
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=1#4
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 4:03 AM
III. The MegaZone Scales With Players

Table of Contents

Unlike other exploration areas of Sylestia where the content is static and becomes trivial after a certain (usually small) period of time, everything in the MZ will scale with players as they advance.

For example, while Section One will initially be for Levels 61-65, once Section Two has unlocked and a player has progressed to that point, Section One will scale up and will also now be for Levels 66-70.

This continues until eventually a player has unlocked all of the MZ sections and they're all scaled up to Level 75. This insures that content never becomes trivial and always provides a challenge.

So how does effect the leveling of new pets?

If a player was to get through all of the progression, it sounds like they'll have nowhere to go for levels 60-74.They would either have to hope that their level 60 pets can handle level 75 and probably die a lot, or grind at the level 55-60 zone for an unknown (probably awful) amount of time to bridge the level gap with low exp gains until they can handle level 75. Even now, going back to the old zones is essential for leveling new pets when someone wants a new team, and the idea of having nowhere to go for 14 levels worth sounds pretty unpleasant.

Wouldn't it be more logical to have the zones scale to party level between 60-74 instead of cap out at the 75 max by default??
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 9:40 AM Post #25
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=2#20
Author: Niyalynn
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 5:55 AM
About this:

As we've stated before, the MZ will also be using a brand new trapping system unlike anything else currently in existence in the game. This also means that your current Traps will be unusable in the MZ. You will have to use new, MZ specific Traps. These will be made available from Ethernia's Market when the MZ releases and also from inside the MZ itself.

Dose that mean the traps I spent diamond on will not longer work as they should at all or just in the new zone? If they will not work in the old zones as they do now is there a way to get a refund from them?

Nope. Masterful Snare Traps will still work exactly as they do now and still be available exact as they are now.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 9:45 AM Post #26
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=3#21
Author: Faeyla
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 8:05 AM
It will be interesting to see how things work out, but I won't lie that I am concerned on the focus of fighting. I just hope the breeding aspect of the game doesn't become a side note.

In terms of the changes to the base stats, should I hold off on doing any more max stat projects? I enjoy these projects, but they do cost a significant amount of both time and cash. If pets caught in the mega zone have higher base stats than what are currently available, then it makes more sense to wait on any more max stat projects. This is especially true for mana that can't be increased in any way other than breeding with pets that have the higher mana.

I know you are still working on this, but I also don't want to waste my time and resources if it's better to wait.

I mean, I can't tell you what to do or what not to do. But I consider breeding a pivotal aspect of Sylestia and it is due for a very large overhaul, which will come when we relaunch.

For the upcoming updates at hand, as I said, keeping the value of breeding projects is very important and I will not release any new features that jeopardizes that. So, personally, I don't think there's any concern at this time and I wouldn't say that there's any less reason to do breeding projects now than there was a week ago.

I hope to figure out a good way to mesh those three points that I listed into a cohesive system where all are valuable and uniquely important.

But ultimately, it's up to you (and every other player) to do and invest their time/resources however you see fit.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 9:46 AM Post #27
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=48775&page=3#23
Author: Kalores
Time Posted: 7/6/2017 at 8:57 AM
I am very excited for the release of the MegaZone, and to be able to finally open my MegaZone boxes! :D

It will be a lot of fun to work with other players to complete the various MegaZone tasks. I look forward to seeing how this all comes together~

I am curious, though. Will there be any way to obtain the fabled(and non fabled in the case of the Puffadore) pets that cannot be caught in the wild? Say, as a special themed drop, or a way to craft them(like say growing a plant, or brewing a pet)?

Not at this time, no.

But, that doesn't mean there can't be at some point. It would be a very easy thing to somehow add.

It just isn't very vital to the MZ's release so I probably won't invest any resources into it until after it releases.
Galaxea
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 138
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 10:46 AM Post #28
Squeal of joy. More squeals of joy. Dances of joy, while my family looks at me like I have lost it.
Fresh
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 70
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 11:29 AM Post #29
*sings* It's the final countdown!

I've been anxiously awaiting some news on the MZ so all of this info is great. The whole project seems like a great step for the site and I can't wait to explore what it has in store for us. (Krin, need any beta testers? ;);) lol) My max stat team is chomping at the bit and I'm afraid I won't be able to appease them much longer..

I really like that the different areas scale with you, will definitely add more re-play value and should keep us busy for a while. I've played a lot of games in which I miss out on content because you level up before you can experience it all, kind of feels like a waste to me.

I also like how the sylesti scale with rarity and the new trap system as well. Of course now a stubborn sylesti will not only be stealing our money with eaten traps but they'll also be beating us up too!

Music sounds awesome.. that named battle clip is 10/10.

THOSE HOTKEY SETTINGS THOUGH. <3 SO MUCH YES.

I'm also really excited to see a crafting system implemented not only for gear but for avatars as well.
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 65
Posted: 7/6/2017 at 11:55 AM Post #30
This looks so great! I especially love the new pet catching system! It doesn't let them run, but still seems quite realistic with them becomeing desperate.
And yay new species!
Do you currently have any plans for diamond shop megazone bundles or anything? I know you had chests for Black Friday, but will there be stuff for the opening?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.