Players 2,393 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,247,200 1,865
Generated 656,261 10
Captured 1,190,628 52
Bred 6,400,216 1,803
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > New Ability/Proficiency System, New Tuto...
Page 9 1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Flamingphoniex
Level 22
Threads: 0
Posted: 4/4/2017 at 7:08 PM Post #81
I know you may not get to this but I just started the game and I accepted the quests before the tutorial said to and now that it says to I go to quest log but the tutorial wont end so how do I continue playing and do other stuff now?
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/4/2017 at 7:33 PM Post #82
A quick question-
At the bottom of the Proficiencies screen, before selecting an Element, it says "If you are unsure of which Element to select, our recommendation is to select Shadow." Why is this here, and why Shadow?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 4/4/2017 at 8:15 PM Post #83
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45100&page=9#81
Author: Flamingphoniex
Time Posted: 4/4/2017 at 7:08 PM
I know you may not get to this but I just started the game and I accepted the quests before the tutorial said to and now that it says to I go to quest log but the tutorial wont end so how do I continue playing and do other stuff now?

Thank you for letting me know.

You should be all set.
Flamingphoniex
Level 22
Threads: 0
Posted: 4/4/2017 at 9:12 PM Post #84
thx
SerenityEather
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 30
Posted: 4/5/2017 at 7:26 AM Post #85
I tried clicking the Bug Report link, but it just sent me to the forums.

Anyway, I've noticed that a large number of my pets have had at LEAST 4 characters knocked off of their names, messing them up greatly. In particular are my DL Vorpa - Some I no longer know what all they had without checking again because their names are messed up - Lacking characters that were there before.
Banzai
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/5/2017 at 11:23 AM Post #86
Phew, the new system is great! I got all of my pets in each stable attuned to a element. I don't know why all pets in my stable have to have points spent, but I do it because I love my pets. ^w^

It took hours to get all of the wild and themes attuned. Having 4 stables is work! X3
Taro
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 7
Posted: 4/5/2017 at 12:01 PM Post #87
Nice to have E to explore and end turn in Region 1 and 2, but having B for battle would be super slick too. Also, it would be lovely to be able to use healing items outside of battle in these zones, like you can in Region 3.
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 4/5/2017 at 1:00 PM Post #88
I hate to start complaining immediately about a system that obviously required a lot of work and planning, and it is a good system that's easy to use and that offers more battle options, but I do have a few things that bother me a little.

The distribution of Proficiency Points seems a little bit odd. Where the old system gave out a point every five levels, this has one at level 30, level 60, level 65, level 70, and level 75. I guess everyone's familiar with that fact. My problem is that until level thirty, players are stuck with base statistics. While the fewer points may be balanced by the amount of change that can be done with a single proficiency, it seems to me that having a small amount of increase in statistics early on would be more beneficial to lower-level pets.

Another issue that stems from the few proficiency points is the ratio of one statistic to another is much different. Before, I could spend nine points on health and one point on strength, and then my ratio of strength to health would, of course, be 1:9. This places much more emphasis on health while still giving some advantage to strength. However, when I have three points and I want the majority of them on health and the minority on strength, I've gotta have a ratio of 1:2. I didn't actually want that much strength, and I wanted more health. This leads to players' problems of less overall stats in major areas than they previously had. The lack of level-ups only heightens that, I'm afraid.

Overall, my complaints are few. It's my hope that they can be remedied, but I suppose that tweaks to equipment may provide the same result as I'd like, so one way or another it'll do well. Thanks for the effort on your part toward the improvement of the site and our experience on it.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/5/2017 at 1:21 PM Post #89
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45100&page=9#85
Author: SerenityEather
Time Posted: 4/5/2017 at 7:26 AM
I tried clicking the Bug Report link, but it just sent me to the forums.

Anyway, I've noticed that a large number of my pets have had at LEAST 4 characters knocked off of their names, messing them up greatly. In particular are my DL Vorpa - Some I no longer know what all they had without checking again because their names are messed up - Lacking characters that were there before.

Yea, we don't have a Bug Report feature. We just use the Forums. =P

Are you talking about the Stables?

I noticed some names were going onto a second line, causing issues with the layout of the Stables. So as an interim solution, I forced names to get cut off if they are too long.

As it is now, if you select a pet, it will still show its full name at the top:

Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/5/2017 at 1:34 PM Post #90
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45100&page=9#88
Author: Eots
Time Posted: 4/5/2017 at 1:00 PM
I hate to start complaining immediately about a system that obviously required a lot of work and planning, and it is a good system that's easy to use and that offers more battle options, but I do have a few things that bother me a little.

The distribution of Proficiency Points seems a little bit odd. Where the old system gave out a point every five levels, this has one at level 30, level 60, level 65, level 70, and level 75. I guess everyone's familiar with that fact. My problem is that until level thirty, players are stuck with base statistics. While the fewer points may be balanced by the amount of change that can be done with a single proficiency, it seems to me that having a small amount of increase in statistics early on would be more beneficial to lower-level pets.

Another issue that stems from the few proficiency points is the ratio of one statistic to another is much different. Before, I could spend nine points on health and one point on strength, and then my ratio of strength to health would, of course, be 1:9. This places much more emphasis on health while still giving some advantage to strength. However, when I have three points and I want the majority of them on health and the minority on strength, I've gotta have a ratio of 1:2. I didn't actually want that much strength, and I wanted more health. This leads to players' problems of less overall stats in major areas than they previously had. The lack of level-ups only heightens that, I'm afraid.

Overall, my complaints are few. It's my hope that they can be remedied, but I suppose that tweaks to equipment may provide the same result as I'd like, so one way or another it'll do well. Thanks for the effort on your part toward the improvement of the site and our experience on it.

So. It was done that way because of the situation we're in with the game. I basically consider Levels 0-60 to be "Sylestia 1"... and Levels 61-75 will be "Sylestia 2".

As such, I wanted more emphasis on 'Sylestia 2' so it receives 3 Proficiency Points in just 15 Levels; compared to 'Sylestia 1' which receives the same amount of points over 60 Levels.

Leveling in 'Sylestia 2' will take a lot more time and effort and I honestly think you'd be able to Level from 0-60 way faster than you'll be able to Level from 61-75.

Now, for each part, I then divided up those 3 Proficiency Points equally, with all Pets starting with 1 Point at Level 0. So that's why you get 0, 30, and 60.... and then 65, 70, and 75.

Level 30 also works well for both the Proficiency Point and the second Ability because that's pretty much the Level pets are when they start in Region 2 and it is now the Level that the first Dungeon is. Additionally, Level 60 is considered the endgame point of 'Sylestia 1', so it also awards the last point for that part. Level 60 is also going to be the Level of the second Dungeon.

As for the Stat spread, it will be easier to customize once your pets are Level 75. Also, the reason that it's not static is because I wanted the 1st point in a Proficiency to be significant, the 2nd point to be moderate, and then the 3rd point to be a bit more than the 2nd point. So the Stat increases for each point is not linear and was intentionally curved.

So basically, the "most" amount of total Stats are gained by putting 1 Point in everything - a jack of all trades pet. If you start stacking points into one Stat, the pet gains less total Stats, but more of what you're wanting for that Pet - it's focused on a specific Stat. And then if you go all the way and put 3 points into one Stat, the pet is rewarded a little bit extra compared to 2 points because it's so heavily invested into one Stat.

I hope this helps to kind of make some of the decisions make more sense and show that they weren't just randomly decided. =P A lot of thought went into it and it was done purposefully.
Edited By Krinadon on 4/5/2017 at 1:36 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.