Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > New Ability/Proficiency System, New Tuto...
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 8:55 PM Post #1
***If the Tutorial/Guidance Window won't open/close. Please try clearing your cache***

We have released a massive update today!

The following are now available:

-New Ability and Proficiency System
-New Tutorial for New Players
-New Proficiency Page
-New Party Manager Page
-Various Updates to Explore/Battle Systems

Please note, this was a crazy update to implement and required a ton of manual adjustments and tweaking. It's very likely there are lots of tiny bugs all over. Please just post them in the Bug Report Forum and be as descriptive as you can and provide screenshots if applicable.

I also attempted to adjust everyone's Tutorial Step/Guidance to the correct spot. If yours is still wrong, please just let me know. If you don't know what this is, it's the box in the bottom-right corner that pops up telling you what to do / where to go.

Additionally, any Player who had not yet finished Esior's Fields has had their Tutorial reset back to the beginning just after creating their Pet. This was necessary, as you now must select a Proficiency for your Pet, add it to your Party, etc. If you end up getting to do a Quest twice, don't worry. =P Just enjoy the extra rewards. =P

Also, any Player who had not yet completed the "Capture a Sylesti" Quest and was still exploring Trollsblight Caverns has been reset back to the beginning of that Zone. I also attempted to fix the massive jumble of just broken issues pertaining to the original "Capture a Sylesti" Quest... so hopefully I succeeded lol.

Lastly, all Battles were removed. All Parties were disbanded. All Pets now have 0 spent Proficiency Points and no selected Element. I decided to leave Missions alone, but just beware, your pet may fail because of the changes and you cannot select an Element or spend Proficiency Points while it's on a Mission. If you want to avoid it failing, just cancel the Mission.

New Ability and Proficiency System

We have finally released the new Ability and Proficiency system that we showcased a few weeks ago here in this thread. If you haven't read this thread yet, I highly suggest to start with it as it explains most of the changes.

The focus of the new system was to not only make the entire system more streamlined and easier to understand, but also to make it more fun during battles. Instead of basically spamming "1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Finishing Blow"... you now will find yourself actually using the various abilities your pets have.

Additionally, the original Proficiency Trees (now called Elemental Trees) have been condensed and will be served from Levels 0-75. For those unaware, while the Level Cap right now is at 60, it will increase to 75 once the MegaZone releases.

A Level 75 pet will now be able to use 5 abilities - all unique and very powerful!

In addition to Abilities changing, the original Level Up Points and Proficiency Points are now gone. Instead, the Proficiency Points pets now get can be used to increase their Health, Strength or Intelligence, Dexterity, and Agility. Pets will automatically continue to increase in the Stats that you allocate Proficiency Points into with every level that they gain. This system has replaced the previous way it was done and should make adjusting pets much easier and way less confusing.

Because of these changes, The Arena is currently disabled. I will be adjusting its difficulty here shortly and then it will be available again!

Additionally, the Dungeon of the Forsaken is going to be adjusted for Level 60 difficulty and is going to get some new drops and perks. So keep an eye out for that!

New Tutorial for New Players

For new Players, we have completely redone the Tutorial from A-Z. Personally, I think it is 100000x better lol. The interface has been improved. The information has become more streamlined and easier to understand. The Site helps to guide you through the steps easier and show you your progress along the way. There should be no more ways to "get stuck" where the steps don't update properly or there's a way to somehow skip a step. And, Esior's Fields has had its steps cut in half from 33 to 16.

All in all, I imagine new Players will find it much easier to get into Sylestia when they first start playing and hopefully have no issues at all with getting lost or confused.

New Proficiency Page

https://www.sylestia.com/proficiency/

Due to the release of the new system, we have released our new Proficiency Page. You can access this page by clicking the "Proficiency" button on a pet's Profile Page or by clicking the Elemental Icon on a pet's Stat Window.

New Party Manager Page

https://www.sylestia.com/explore/party/

We have also released a new Party Manager page. Because of this, we have removed the ability Add or Remove pets from your Party from their Profile Pages.

While I hope Players will find the new Party Manager page easier to use and more aesthetically pleasing, it also now allows for many, many more presets!

Various Updates to Explore/Battle Systems

While updating the Tutorial and adjusting content for the new Ability and Proficiency system, some other improvements slipped in for the Battle/Explore Systems.

Regions 1 and 2
-You can now use the 'E' key to "Explore the Area" and to "End Turn".
-Battle Music has had its volume reduced by about 60%.
-Added a Level Up sound effect when a pet gains a Level.
-More information in the Battle/Explore/Summary logs.
-Using items while in battles was made slightly easier, as the window now automatically switches when you select an item and when you select a pet (rather than having to manually switch).
-Various performance increases on the backend.
-Various bug fixes.

Region 3
-Exiting a zone will no longer nuke your spawns. You now have 24 hours to return to that zone before the spawns are reset. Even then, they'll still be up - just respawned.
-Added shadows for improved immersion.
-Various performance increases on the backend.
-Various bug fixes.
Edited By Krinadon on 4/3/2017 at 9:12 PM.
Ocean3287
Level 18
Threads: 18
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:12 PM Post #2
Took a while, but worth it!
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:12 PM Post #3
***If the Tutorial/Guidance Window won't open/close. Please try clearing your cache***
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:14 PM Post #4
This is very exciting! But, ah, are you aware that we are now able to attune an eggling to a proficiency?
Edited By Creativity on 4/3/2017 at 9:14 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:16 PM Post #5
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45100&page=1#4
Author: Creativity
Time Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:14 PM
This is very exciting! But, ah, are you aware that we are now able to attune an eggling to a proficiency?

I mean. It doesn't really affect anything.

I imagine I'll clean that up when things calm down for me lol. But you still can't add an Eggling to your Party or send it on Missions.

Thank you though for letting me know.
Edited By Krinadon on 4/3/2017 at 9:16 PM.
Rixva
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 94
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:17 PM Post #6
"It also now allows for many, many more [party] presets!"

The whole update is exciting but this part specifically is music to my ears! Thanks for all your hard work Krin! :D
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:23 PM Post #7
Dislike having to use gems to unlock presets :(.. Getting new stables is costly enough, but adding more presets after the ten initial ones..sigh. At least it should cost gold if you wanted a gold sink somewhere. Diamonds I'm not too thrilled about.
Party manager is beautiful tho!
Edited By Missterious on 4/3/2017 at 9:24 PM.
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:25 PM Post #8
After seeing message: Better go reorganize my party, then.
*visits stables*
Ooh, what are the new symbol things? They look like skull helmet things.
*hovers over symbol*
Unattuned? Okay.
OOH THERE'S NEW SYMBOL THINGS
THIS IS SO COOL
XD
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:26 PM Post #9
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45100&page=1#7
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:23 PM
Dislike having to use gems to unlock presets :(.. Getting new stables is costly enough, but adding more presets after the ten initial ones..sigh. At least it should cost gold if you wanted a gold sink somewhere. Diamonds I'm not too thrilled about.
Party manager is beautiful tho!

I can look at adding alternative methods.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 9:29 PM Post #10
...I don't know about everybody else, but I'm really excited about the "e-to-end-turn" thing. xD

And that exiting a zone won't reset all the chests and stuff. Gosh, that was annoying.

I just logged back in, but I'm super excited to explore the proficiencies and everything, see what's new and how it all works. Thanks for all your hard work, Krin ^.^
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.