Forum Index > News and Announcements > Fortune Festival Overview
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/19/2017 at 4:55 AM Post #41
krin I have to say, that personaly i do not think that a mil is worth it. I doesn't matter If you have 1 mil, 3 mil, 30 mil or 300 mil, if your mindset is that 1 mil is to much for a gamble, then your not going to spend it.

People who have a lot of gold often have it for a reason. They like gold better then stuff, they are collecting for a project, or collecting for some other reason. People with a reason for collecting think every penny they own is valuable for that goal, and will not casualy risk millions on gambling.

Some prizes seem worth it, like the 2/3 visible pets, but everything else just doesn't. And even with those pets it's not worth it if you go beyond 3 or 4 tries to get one. (It is worth it if you knew FOR SURE you won a pet in a minimum of 3 rounds (depending on the specie, as some species don't sell well even when rare themed) A lot of those pets can be bought in the future between 1 to 4 mil. because most people would not spend more even if a pet is worth more.

Note that I say most, there will always be exceptions.

Personaly i do understand what your trying to do. But I think if you want more gold put back in the game you need to make gold spending more atractive to people.

For example, games like this lucky pot could be cheaper to play. This way people actually feel playing is worth the risk, and they have more fun because they can play several times compared to perhaps that 1 time they can play it now.

I do also understand you rather not give up very rare pets for cheaper games though.

So how about you just make 2 lucky pot games? The current one can stay for everyone who has both the gold, and the will to spend a mill on chance, and then you can make another lucky pot, thats much cheaper, and just has lesser prizes (1 visible pets instead of the 2/3 visible ones from the big one).

There are still a lot of players who do not posses much gold, and it seems unfair to make it impossible for newer players to simply NOT be able to participate in a fest at all. they can't reach the zone they need to play it in, and they can't afford the pot.

A friend of mine is currently stuck in umbra forrest and because she doesn't want to force her way trough the forrest to be able to play the fest she dropped the fest alltogether and waits for spring fest instead,.

And again, some who can afford the pot won't do it because Most of the prices you can win, you can buy directly with that sort of entrance fee.

With 2 pots, 1 available for people with less on hand or less will to spend much on a gamble game, will make it so you get gold from people you otherwise would not have gotten gold from.
Jme
Level 38
Threads: 3
Posted: 3/19/2017 at 7:54 AM Post #42
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44575&page=4#37
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 3/18/2017 at 10:01 PM
[quote=802532]

First, the feeding cost change was reverted. So it effectively hasn't changed. Just wanted to make sure you knew that we reverted that change.

The gold curve is a very long curve. We have a lot of Players who are lvl 60 and have been for literally years. The very active player averages over a million gold on hand and some have even surpassed 100 million gold.

Features like the Lucky Pot do a great job of consuming a lot of that excess gold. They also hand out very valuable prizes. So that's why they cost so much.

As for earning Gold: lots of Missions, lots of grinding, and those who breed can sell their prized pets for millions of gold a piece.

Lucky Pot also hands out prizes that aren't very valuable and everything that is handed out will lower significantly in price for the remainder of the festival and a while beyond it.

I'm completely cut out of this feature of the festival because of the cost. Battling gives very little gold and not everyone has the free time to spend hours a day on a website. Missions and quests don't really give out much gold either. I'm also at a part in my main storyline that my pets can't even beat at their levels, but the battling on the level right before that only gives them 1-10 experience points each, which add up very, very slowly and means my progress is basically nonexistent.

I put money into this site because I thought the pets were really well done but it's not worth it anymore with these roadblocks.

And yes, I know the price was reverted. All I mentioned was a part from the annoucement. And considering it's still going to go up, just not as much, the point remains the same.
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 3/19/2017 at 8:03 AM Post #43
That much, huh? Thanks for warning me off. I can certainly think of many things I'd rather spend gold on than that. Very fortunate I started looking through this forum or I'd have missed that bit. Thank you for the warning!
Percypjopiper
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 172
Posted: 3/19/2017 at 9:11 AM Post #44
EraNime
Yes I agree there should be two one for like philters and avi items and one for pets and such that would be awsome
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/19/2017 at 9:14 AM Post #45
I'm not really sure why the angst against the Lucky Pot. We had the same feature available last year and after some initial changes, a lot of Players enjoyed it and a lot of Players played it. Just for reference, it was also more expensive last year up until the very end when it 'went on sale'.

This year, not only did I reduce the price of both the entry fee and of the bonus fee, but there are also more valuable prizes available.

So far, there have been hundreds of plays of the Lucky Pot combined (excluding Free Plays and excluding Voucher Plays), and it has eaten almost 100 million gold from the economy.

Obviously, am I saying the feature is exactly what everyone wants? No. That unfortunately is impossible. But I don't see why the sudden angst against it. It's the same as it was last year only it's now cheaper and the prizes are better. =|

But I'm not telling anyone they have to play or should play. It's obviously always 100% up to you whether your Diamonds or Gold is worth whatever it is you're spending it on; whether it be an Avatar Item, a Pet, or a Feature.

And I gave every single Player a Free Play to play it with full prizes available. People have won literally all of the available Prizes with their Free Plays.

Lastly, unlike last year, I also added an option to buy a Voucher with Shamrocks... so you have that option as well. So not only do you get a 100% Free Play no matter what, you can also just use your Shamrocks and play that way - which also doesn't cost you a single Diamond or Gold.
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/19/2017 at 11:42 AM Post #46
When somebody disagrees it's not the same as having angst over it Krin. My sincere apolegies however if It came across that way. That was not my intention at all. I come in peace. ;)

The shamrock option to buy tickets is great and a very good addition to this year's fortune festival.

It's good to know that many players enjoy the lucky pot. It's great that prizes improved as well. None of that changes the fact new players still can not afford playing it beyond the free one. Which is my main concern.

You are very right when you say you can't please everyone. And that people are free to decide if they want to enter or not. I agree with you there completely.

I did not only speak about value of the pot though. I also spoke about how beginning players are not really able to enjoy this fest. My suggestion concerning a smaller pot has less to do with pleasing everyone, and more to do with giving everyone a chance to be a part of this festival beyond a free play of the big pot.

New players do not have an average of a mil in their account they can spend on a big lucky pot like this. Regardless if the prizes are worth it or not. Nor do they have acces to the 3rd region where they can play to seek items, eggs and shamrocks. At the moment the only thing new players can do is nurture for shamrocks.

Thats not really very fun for them.

So a suggestion would be, add another smaller scale lucky pot. Lower prizes, lower entree Fee. Now people with a smaller gold budget can play a pot and be part of the festival even if they can't play in the 3rd region.

Also having 2 pots would give you 2 sources of gold income. Those who want the big prices will continue to spend on the big pot so nothing would change there. But those who could not afford the big pot, could perhaps afford a small pot, and then they get to play more as well, and the site gets more gold income from people it otherwise would not have gotten anything from.

Isn't that a win/win? Of course I'll be the first to admit I know nothing of buisness. :P I'm just trying to give a constructive argument in hopes of winning you over and considering adding a cheaper pot next to the current one, which would remain unchanged.

This suggestion also isn't new or dropping out of thin air. Last year several people suggested and asked for a cheaper alternative as well for the very same reasons I'm naming right now. So credit where credit is due, this sugegstion isn't even originally my own. Though I am not sure who suggested it first last year.

And this year newer players are also pointing out they can't afford the big lucky pot again. That free play is awesome and great. it really really is. But new and beginning players probably would enjoy the chance to be a bigger part of this festival then just that 1 free play and nurtering.

Please know that disagreeing or/and offering alternative suggestions is not the same as angsting over something. It's about trying to contribute to the game for new players and giving them more options in this fest. I hope that came across better this time around. Sorry again for any sort of hostile tone. I genuinly mean no harm here. Peace, and thank you for the hard work you put in this game. :)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/19/2017 at 12:18 PM Post #47
The issue with a lower tiered Lucky Pot is that we don't really have any items to put on there... or they'd be so rare that it wouldn't be any fun to play anyway.

I mean... the entry fee would have to be 1k or 10k, max, to be attractive to the Players you're referring to. At that amount... you'd have to play dozens and dozens of times to win any prize worth anything. And whatever the filler items would be would be grossly flooding the market and would become 100% junk items. It'd be akin to the original Wheels handing out thousands of those lesser philters that everyone hated and became completely junk lol.

And, if this lesser game had the same chances of winning a pet (which is really what everyone wants), most everyone would just play this lesser game and get pets for a fraction of the cost. In order for the current game to still be more attractive... the odds of winning a pet from the lesser game would have to be like 1:100 or 1:1000 - or whatever in between.

Lastly, I'd have to recode the entire mechanics of the game. The game as it is now is very specific coded for prize chances, the bonus bar, rollovers, etc. It took me only about an hour or two to get the game set up for the Festival. I'd have to spend probably an entire day trying to come up with a lesser game and make it balanced (ignoring the issues listed above). I don't really want to spend that amount of time on a feature like this atm with so much more pressing things that need to be worked on.

So, those are all of the reasons why there isn't a lesser game and why I don't really want to add one. Features like these are meant to be premium features, but not 100% out of reach for those who don't have access to Diamonds or aren't willing to spend Diamonds. And I think it meets that criteria perfectly. You can spend Gold at the lowest Gold : Diamonds ratio we're willing to put in the game (2.5k per Diamond), or through Shamrocks... which are 100% free and cost nothing to earn.

Features like the Lucky Pot pretty much keep Sylestia operational inbetween our major Festivals. If it wasn't attractive for Players to buy and spend Diamonds on, Sylestia would run out of money to keep operating. As it is now, the Lucky Pot has accounted for over 50% of the Diamonds spent and for over 90% of the Gold spent on this Festival.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 3/19/2017 at 2:30 PM Post #48
So part of the complaint is new players feeling left out, particularly the ones who can not buy diamonds. There will be the pick a door. There's also the forum contests.

I personally prefer Astryl's vale being used over the previous tiny little fest zone that used to be used for the Week of Love and Fortune Fest. That was painful from just how tiny it was and going in an endless circle. I like also being able to work on tasks and fighting the zone bosses trying to fill out the last of legendary avatar zone drops I need. I know it's also a great incentive for players to finish region 3 so they'll be ready in time for the megazone.

Yet I can understand newer players feeling frustrated. Wanting to feel like they can participate more. I can see players being scared that they wouldn't be able to level up in time to really be able to participate in the festival zone or work then on 2,000 shamrocks for the entry fee for the scratch off game. I don't really see any easy answer as it's been pointed out that it doesn't seem practical for there to be a second version of the scratch off game, either.

But what about Jinxie? The little pop up game with her that's been used in previous fests? She can be a bit of a pain to find as you actually have to actively hunt for her but it could give newer players something that they feel like they can do. Maybe she can mostly just drop a few shamrocks so that these players can slowly work up enough that they can buy some of the fest shop items. From what I recall it's usually a bit of a wait between when she can pop up again so they could work more on where they are in the storyline in the meantime while waiting to try again with her. However, in the end it would still be more worthwhile to be able to reach Astryl's Vale where the shamrocks would be easier to attain.

Honestly I'm not sure if it's a good suggestion or not, but I figured I'd throw it out there.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 3/19/2017 at 3:07 PM Post #49
I agree with Sav. It might scare new players away who start during the fest if they see something right off the bat that they cannot participate in just because they are new. Something small, like Jinxie from previous fests way back when, would be a good way imo to let those newer players still feel part of the fest even though they may not be at that point in the storyline yet.

I do very much agree that I like having the fest in the astryls zones. Doing tasks makes me more entertained when wandering around looking for pookas, since it gives me something to /do/ rather than wandering aimlessly, so i can participate for longer periods of time without losing interest. But at the same time, a new user who started, say, within a week fo the fest starting, would not reasonably have access, and chances are kidna high that they would not have time to get there before hte fest ended. Yes, it doesn'tt ake horribly long o get there, but some people simply do not have enough time in the day due to work/school/irl etc, and that can be discouraging that they can't do /anything/ fest related without spending a good bit of irl money.
Olooriel
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 24
Posted: 3/19/2017 at 5:00 PM Post #50
Gotta agree about giving the new players something special and fun to do for the fest - doesn't have to be a lucky pot, doesn't have to have amazingly rare prizes, just something interesting and different that goes beyond of what they do on the site every day anyway, to make it feel like a festival for everyone. It's completely OK if one can't reach everything as a newbie or casual player, but feeling completely left out of festivities sucks. I remember leaving another game because of frustration over exactly this and heading over to Sylestia instead, so yeah.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.