Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4... 13, 14, 15 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 3/9/2017 at 9:34 PM Post #21
WOW! What a jump! From very cutsie insect to what I would call Anthro! Not going to say the sketches are good or bad, just very different, I can see why some may get upset about it, very big change. I can see a lot of potential for interesting pets from these sketches.
I do see a few design qwerks, most have been pointed out, the hips (thorax meets abdomen) is very bent for a creature with no human legs, sexy as a indented middle might be it gives the look of a broken back on the female.
I think the trouble with the male's nose (proboscis?) is its very thin compared to the female so you can see more of what is behind it, if thickened it might be less busy at a distance.
Those thoraxes definitely seam very forward pronounced, it bugs me for some reason (no pun intended) but I can't put my finger on why... though you probably have a reason for that pose. I'm assuming easier tail mutations.

All in all a very interesting update. :)
Woodsorrel
Level 45
Assistant to the Sculptor
Threads: 6
Posted: 3/9/2017 at 9:34 PM Post #22
The baby lunemaras are still as adorable as always, but personally, I prefer the original images for the adults.
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 3/9/2017 at 9:37 PM Post #23
Yes, the humanoid like hands (fingers!) are a little off, (though I could get used to that)

And echoing what many others have said about the noses, mouths and faces. I feel like the whole face should be more bug-like, bigger (?) eyes, mouth/nose/proboscis could be longer? slender?
Edited By Amarok on 3/9/2017 at 9:41 PM.
Love
Level 72
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 8
Posted: 3/9/2017 at 9:41 PM Post #24
They're too humanoid for my liking.

I'd prefer if they retained more of their insect features as they look more like fairies now than moths/butterflies.
Ciolin
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 53
Posted: 3/9/2017 at 9:41 PM Post #25
Very nice, definitely looking forward to this revamp! I agree with the rest on the faces, as they look a bit too human/cartoonish. I also personally think that the bottom half of the male's body looks kinda like a banana (sorry, only way I could phrase it XP). I don't know exactly how to fix this, but perhaps you could make the bottom half of the body more rounded?
SkunkTheLoner
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 59
Posted: 3/9/2017 at 9:44 PM Post #26
OHOHOHO
Metalwolfgemstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 124
Posted: 3/9/2017 at 9:50 PM Post #27
I really like the new look but I'm not so fond of their faces and arms. I enjoyed them looking more like insects. Like at the moment they look too "human" for my liking ^^; I also missed their bodies looking fuzzier. But I do like the little curly noses =3 That addition is cute.

But perhaps make them more bug-like and less humanoid looking? =3
Edited By Metalwolfgemstone on 3/9/2017 at 9:51 PM.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 3/9/2017 at 9:52 PM Post #28
The style of them seems very...old? in comparison to the other artwork on sylestia. It reminds me more of the old artwork (specifically the very original aurleon that looked like rubber chickens) and doesn't seem to stylistically fit the new stuff.

Something about the noses definitely feels off...idk what, but i think the female is the worst off in that case. I almost feel like the nose should roll downward? Or more slender/long.

They honestly don't really feel like bugs anymore. Or even moths. They look more like a furry wasp. The old lunes were kinda stout in appearance, these look more elongated and less "pudgy bug". It seems to be more towards anthro but that doesnt really seem to fit the style well at all. One fo their defining features were those bug eyes. It realy set them apart from the other species, and with this new art those are gone. There is nothing to sepearate these lunes from the nephini. These new ones just arent fluffy like the old ones.

Also, the females left arm is rell bothering me. the bottom one doesnt line up.

on the other arms, it looks like the elbow gets smaller, but on this arm it almost gets larger at the elbow?
Edited By Lostwords13 on 3/9/2017 at 10:03 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 3/9/2017 at 9:53 PM Post #29
Overall I think the hatchlings look amazing besides the female looking sick which has been addressed already.

The Adults on the other hand don't match the rest of the site or the hatchlings well at all. I feel if they had buggier eyes and a bit more fluff on the thorax it may bring the design in some, but the main thing I think Is that the head has quite a bit of detail but is really small, where as the rest of the body is less detailed and streamline. I did zoom in on the face and look and I think the curly butterfly like nose is an Okay addition, but with the mouth it is given a cartoon like feel. Also the thorax is kind of long and very pointy, but maybe downsizing and adding a bit of fluff will solve that problem as well.

All in all Keep up the good work! I think we all love the site enough that we want to see it grow and prosper so be encouraged in the fact that we support all of the team that keeps the site running Artists and Admin alike ^-^
Forgottenvisionary
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/9/2017 at 9:54 PM Post #30
I'd really rather have the current Lunemaras than these ones, they're way too humanoid for my tastes - the faces on their own wouldn't be a problem, they're pretty cute, and neither would the segmentation if it were more. Buggy. But those arms (and the fact that it's segmented/posed to look more like a human than a moth) just reaaaaly push it into the uncanny valley, especially when looking at all the other pets.
It's. Uncomfortably humanoid, is what I'm saying.

Maybe some changes to the arms and segmentation, push them a little back towards moths?

((And I'd personally prefer the female had a fluffy nose like the male, but that's just because I like the fluffy nose))

((I appear to be in the minority, too, because I like the faces, but the body makes me. Less than comfortable, ehehe))

OH I thought of something I'd love to see brought back - the current Lune's arms, the little fluff-fluff-stab deal, it's my favorite thing. If something like that replaced the new arms (and there were some modifications to the bod, make it a bit more mothlike) I'm sure I'd like 'em~
Edited By Forgottenvisionary on 3/9/2017 at 10:15 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.