Posted: 3/11/2017 at 5:30 AM Post #121
Thanks for listening, Krin.
I look forward to seeing the new Lunes!
Percypjopiper
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 172
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 7:59 AM Post #122
The Female hatching look a bit like it is sick (sorry)
Also I am not a big fan of the adults to be honest I like the current one better (sorry not meant to be rude but..)
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 8:20 AM Post #123
Thanks, Krin. I think it's awesome that the Admin actually read the comments and let the users have a say in stuff. Thanks. :)
Zaynah
Level 75
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 49
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 8:23 AM Post #124
First I have to say the art on this site is wonderful. It's what first drew me in and I've been blown away by the majority of the re-draws. I am very appreciative of the fact that Krin and Fae are always striving to make Sylestia even better. It's kept me here for longer than any other pet game I've played and I plan to stay for many more years!
The lunemara have never really appealed to me because IMO they do lack personality. While the redraw does accomplish that, I do feel they are too anthropomorphized as many have said. So I can see how it will be a challenge to retain their insect-like features and make them cute and personable. I would like to see the legs more insect-like instead of arm-like. I like Electrifying's redraw of the female's face and body, that to me looks insect-like but with more personality that the current ones. I also like SpaceElf's suggestion of more dynamic poses.
In any case, I am looking forward to seeing the next re-draw!
Xpainpillx
Level 39
Threads: 13
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 10:58 AM Post #125
Oh my gosh!!! So cute!!
AnnaHeartz
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 157
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 11:45 AM Post #126
The head and the body is much better now. I don't know why you cut the wings this short or if it was meant to be like this since before but the advantages of having wider wings are, the Lunemara's body is kinda little or thin in width unlike the other species. Like the Nephini, the most part that will show its design are their wings. If the Lunemara's body's width is kinda little and the wings are cut short then how is it gonna look like? Unlike if their wings are a little wider, it will at least show more of the wing's design. For example, if it has Silky Wings, it will look like this:

an you imagine how it's gonna look like if the wings were cut short? About 90% why we love the Lunemara is because of the wings. Just suggesting. I hope this will help on designing the revamp of the Lunemara :)
AnnaHeartz
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 157
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 11:59 AM Post #127
One more thing... The female looks gorgeous. It looks pretty and interesting, even if it's just a scratch or without the colors. But looking at the male, it's kinda... I don't know. It looks like it's just flying in the midair and nothing's going on. Maybe add a little something to make it a (edit: changed the word it to little) little more interesting and amorous coz Lunemara is one of the most not favorite pet. Maybe change the angle or pose or add some gestures to make it cute perhaps?

I also agree with Percy. The female hatchling does look sick. But it's just a sketch. So it may look different when it's done. It may look cute and it's gesture may look like it's cuddling instead of looking sick according to how I perceive it will look like when it's done.
Edited By AnnaHeartz on 3/11/2017 at 12:00 PM.
WorldAtlas
Level 62
The Hallowed
Threads: 17
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 12:14 PM Post #128
I think the design should have more insect and moth characteristics instead of humanizing them, it's where the creepy vibe is coming from.
Crazybonez
Level 60
Threads: 38
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 12:21 PM Post #129
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44333&page=11#101
Author: Godiva
Time Posted: 3/10/2017 at 8:32 PM
I've read through everyone's thoughts and have one more to add to my own. I think that this direction makes me uncomfortable, and may make other people uncomfortable, for two reasons:

1) Anthropomorphism.
These designs look too human, and I really do not think it is appropriate to be breeding human-like creatures.

2) Dimorphism.
Usually I'm not against it, but when the design is this human-looking I do not think we should be portraying images of females with tiny waists like this.

Anthropomorphism: no, please not on a breeding site
Dimorphism: definitely ok for animal species
Anthromorphism + Dimorphism: a big no no

To be honest what I see here is a slightly sexualised female pose with a thin waist and hips arched out. Maybe I'm a prude, but it honestly makes me feel uncomfortable. Lunemaras are currently one of my favourite species, but if this revamp goes ahead as-is then I will have to get rid of them.

I apologise if this message seems negative or rude in any way. That is definitely not my intention, I'm just finding it hard to express myself clearly. I really do appreciate all of the work that goes into this site and all of the time and effort that the team puts in. One of the best parts of this site is that users are given a say in what happens, so thank you for allowing us the opportunity to voice our opinions here.

Nailed it. Number 1 is spot on.
Brite
Level 62
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 2:35 PM Post #130
Thank you so much for taking user feedback - I'm still kind of new to Sylestia, so it feels weird that our opinions have weight. Weird but awesome. ^_^

I agree about the wasp-waist looking a bit weird. I don't really think it looks sexualized, just weird. For a Sylesti, it seems both oddly human and oddly cartoonish.

I do love how the wings look! It'd be cool to have a wider variety of "realistic" shapes available (along with the gimmicky ones), but maybe that's just greedy. ;)

The sleeping baby is basically cute, but I think something in my brain is equating it with the way small pets look when they... get really sick. :( I'm not sure what's causing the effect. It's some combination of little things, I think, but I keep finding myself focused on the folded paws and the angle of the neck...

Maybe it'd look livelier if she were curled tighter (like with her head tucked in a little bit instead of spread sideways) and smiling? Kind of half kitten-in-a-sunbeam and half garden grub. Heh. :3

Anyhoo, back to the adults!

I've got mixed feelings about the hands. They're cute, chubby, and somewhat bug-like, but I also really like the little fuzzy claws on the old version. *thinks* ...But then again, I also look at stinkbugs and spiders specifically to squee at their cuteness, so my opinions might need to be taken with a grain of salt.

The male seems less expressive than the female. She looks like she's doing something, but he's just sort of hangin' out. Some kind of motion or gesture with his arms would probably help a lot.

The noses are hard to figure out from the thumbnail image, or at least they were for me. Until I clicked, I thought the female had a little muzzle like a Sonic- or Disney-type character. The "loop" in the curl looked like a button nose. On the male, the nose, far eye, and neck fluffiness kind of get jumbled. I thought he had some kind of... feathery feeler nostrils? Color would fix that, at least. But I think the curly nose might just be too busy for the small space it's in.

Overall these designs are very cute, and I really like their animesque pointy-fluffy look, but they don't seem quite right as Sylesties. I guess I also just don't want the lunemara to change too much... I like its sweet derpy little bug face, and its blobby, less stylized body. Those things make them look like gross-cute little bugs. :)

On a related note, please try to keep the gradient shading in their eyes, if that's okay. I know it's a simple effect, but it pulls double duty as both "twinkly sparkly virtual pet" and "AIEEE, compound eyes", which is great. :3 (Come to think of it, it might look less impressive on these big ol' animesque eyes, though... 'cause they're not as dimensional.)

*Phew!* I worded all my words. Thank you for reading them!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.