Forum Index > News and Announcements > 1/31/2017 - Puffadore Themed Update
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 10:27 AM Post #21
I think that a different "tag" for purebred would be used just for keeping track of things easier.

I have no idea what to do with my own now. I've already regenerated a couple before the change so I don't know if I would have given them different traits or not. And then there's the question of trying to preserve some puffs as one way or would it be easier to convert to the other. But puffs might as well be fabled and they're hard to get so I generally have just one of a theme. This is too difficult to think about maybe right now.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 10:44 AM Post #22
the idea with the 2nd tagge is that is stated pb themed. so it should not be the same as the parents. becaus even with lineage it can take time to see if a pet is realy a pb themed or not. (for exemple PB Tiger Lily Aeridini)

as for the other multi color themed that should be undone as well 1 themed 1 set of colors. becaus it messes up all the offspring that would come from new and old color sets. so either the new colors should have a diverent name or the old colors should be chanced to the inproved version (althow i would first like a desent design for a new Morning Glory Fae becaus both those version are not realy nice)

for me updating the colors of themed pet should be the same as revamp for the pets. you chance all of them.
Lunarwolfie
Level 73
Majestic Sculptor
Threads: 18
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 10:51 AM Post #23
Winter Solstice Puffadore
looks cool but im just gonna keep mine.
i have question thought if i bred them for awhile and then feel like changing them later can i?
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 11:56 AM Post #24
As I said, I was just stating my opinion. I wasn't trying to dismiss yours.

I know what you mean by a second tag. I still think it defeats the whole purpose. Purebreds are just too common.

As for the color schemes, it's done. I'm not saying it's good or bad, just that it's happened before and it wasn't the end of the world. Just because *some* tagged will have different colors doesn't change the fact that their slightly-different-colored offspring are purebred.

I won't reply to any further pings. I don't want to derail the thread. :)
Edited By Rixva on 1/31/2017 at 11:57 AM.
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 12:11 PM Post #25
Thanks for doing all of that, Krin! :o I appreciate all that work, and adding the listing of the changed colors was very useful also! ^_^ Thanks!
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 12:32 PM Post #26
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=43262&page=1#1
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 1/31/2017 at 6:42 AM
Due to the addition of "Accent Color" to Puffadores, we had to go through and adjust all of their Themed color schemes so that they still displayed as properly intended. Since Accent Color originally just defaulted to Eye Color, it created a lot of unintended issues with all of the existing Puffadore Themed Designs.

As such, the schemes have now been updated to what we feel looks good and still matches the original intention of each Theme.

Pet owners have the option of updating their Themed Puffadores to the new color scheme or just simply leaving them as they are. The choice is theirs and there is no right or wrong. You can choose for each pet from its Profile Page.

To let everyone know what the new schemes are, I will copy and paste them all below. You can submit this into the Generator to view each one.

Thank you!

Chilly Paws Puffadore
AC, M2, M3 changed

Chocolate Cherry Puffadore
AC changed

Cream Truffle Puffadore
AC, M2, M3 changed

Delphinium Pink Punch Puffadore
AC changed

Evergreen Puffadore
AC, M1, M3 changed

Harvest Day Puffadore
AC, M1 changed

Irish Luck Puffadore
AC, M1 changed

Mischievous Puffadore
AC, M3 changed

Monarch Puffadore
AC, EC, M1, M2 changed

Passion Fruit Puffadore
AC changed

Patriotic Puffadore
AC changed

Petal Garden Puffadore
AC, EC, M1, M3 changed

Purple Petunia Puffadore
AC, M2, M3 changed

Rabid Puffadore
AC changed

Sea Anemone Puffadore
AC, M1 changed

Snow Diamond Puffadore
AC changed

Winter Solstice Puffadore
AC changed

I really wish I had known that themed colors would change before I regenerated all of my 6-vis Mischievous Puffs that were named "Mischievous _____" >_<; I guess I'll have to rename an entirely new set "New Mischievous _____" to make them fit the official theme again... Unless there's a way I could get a second chance to regenerate them? There's only 8 in total.

Or at the very least, can I get a second chance to regen Sweet Trickster since he's the very first 6-vis Mischievous Puff ever bred? Having the first 6-vis of a theme not having the official theme colors will drive me nuts. Even in the former colors they still look okay so the other 7 aren't a very high priority, but getting the first 6-vis of a theme is kind of a big achievement for themed pet breeders so... Sweet Trickster is special to me and to not actually have the official theme colors makes me sad ;__; Can I please fix him?
MourningLily
Level 65
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 59
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 4:04 PM Post #27
Ahhh growing pains. New accent color is an awesome feature and I am super excited to see it utilized in all species in the future. Downside, it's going to muck up quite a few pre-existing projects. This doesn't affect me all that much since I don't do much with my puffs. It does however, make me quite nervous for the future of nephs and my neph projects.

I do know I'm going to have to re-read through this thread in it's entirety this evening after my jabber-jaw of a 5 year old is asleep so I can better understand the implications.

I do see quite a few people are upset that they already re-generated several of their puffs before the color changes were implemented. Maybe a good compromise might be to reset the regen on ALL puffs so people can start fresh and regen according to how the new color palette affects their puffs? Not sure how to fix the offspring thing. It's a pickle for sure. Maybe code a special dye that can be used to adjust colors on offspring only that doesn't show the 'dyed' icon and pass these out for free or make them a scale purchase item. That way people can 'fix' the colors on their purebred project offspring without it mucking up their 'purebred' lines?

Or maybe scratch the accent feature on all old themes and only have it affect the newly released themes? Which makes sense to me - as the site progresses, the newly released pets should get more nifty? Eh maybe I am talking out my foot and don't fully understand the why and how of the changes. I need coffee lol
Edited By MourningLily on 1/31/2017 at 4:08 PM.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 4:50 PM Post #28
You've made some very good points.

I, like you, aren't very affected by the changes as I don't really breed puffs (yet). But this awkward transition and little hiccups also scare me for future revamps that introduce accent colors.

As far as solution to accent colors, I think it makes sense that only the new themes would be effected with accent color. We've been used to the way the old ones look and have based our (yall's) designs around that. From a coding / technical standpoint, I have no clue on what is and is not possible. But to me, that seems like a good middle ground as far as introducing the new accent color.

I haven't regenerated any puffs yet, but I'd probably be bummed too if I did so and then something else changed. Maybe a redo is the solution for that, too.

But, I'm a big fan of the "Old themes stay that way, New Themes Have Added Shiny" idea. It just seems like it would make the most people happy. Or upset the least. Whichever way.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 6:45 PM Post #29
I am going to second the votes for please reset themes since uhm.. yeah.. I have already regenned some of my themes.. now I don't get to pick for those.. ._.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 6:56 PM Post #30
Way... too many things to address with individual quotes and pings so I'm just going to write as much as I can as a 'global' response.

First, the reason why I say it wouldn't be easy to just parse all of the offspring and set them up is that there is nothing in the database that records the ID #s of a pet's children. It's done via the children's parents. So a script would have to parse through allllllllll of the pets, looking at each pet's parents... and their parents... and their parents... and their parents... and their parents x20+ times - for each pet... to see if it qualified, etc.

It's an insane task and that's why the lineage only goes back about 10ish generations or so for inbreeding, because it's the same premise. If I remember correctly, once I hit about 12+ generations, it takes over 5 minutes just to parse a single pet's inbreeding percentage with how the system is set up.

So unfortunately, no, I wouldn't be able to just look at the ~1,900 Themed Puffadores and just add stuff to their children. I don't know who their children are, I just know how many they have.

Is this something that could be improved down the road? Sure. And it probably will. But, it's not how things work at the moment.

Second, someone said to make the color updates only apply to new Themeds and leave existing ones alone. I also can't do that because what changed was how the very images are put together. For example, let's say that a mutation on the original Puffadores used Pink, Purple, and Orange for its colors. Then we changed it, added AC (which defaulted to EC), and changed that mutation to now use AC for that 'Orange' bit. Unfortunately, their EC is set to... Pink. So now that mutation is just all Pink and Purple and no Orange. So I then change AC to be Orange so it retains that look. That's essentially the situation for most of their mutations. And there would be no realistic way to have different pets use different image builders / colors. That isn't a viable solution.

Third, I wish this would have been done when the revamp was released - that was the intention. But after the marathon coding day/week I had prior to releasing these, I ran out of steam and didn't get it done until last night. And yes, I should have mentioned this at some point somewhere, but again... just... too many things. Hard to keep track of everything. I'm sorry.

Lastly, yes, I could go and make every Puffadore or whatever Re-Gen'able again but... I'm sure that'd annoy just as many people, if not more, than the amount of people who want that to happen - as then everyone would have to re-choose things and most pets would stay the same so it'd just be extra, annoying work for everyone. So I'm not really wanting to do something like that either.

Therefore, I'll just go the route I typically go in these situations and if you are upset by these changes for one reason or another and want a 'redo' on your pets that you've already Re-Gen'd, send me a PM with a list of their ID #'s and I can easily do that just for your pets. That way, it only affects the players who want to be affected by it and only the pets that they choose.

And again, for the Offspring of Themed Pets, there's just not really a viable solution. I know it sucks and I know it's frustrating. But it's just kinda the combination of features evolving on systems that weren't built for these evolutions... and just the growing pains of Sylestia figuring out how to improve things for down the road and trying to make 'old' stuff upgrade to the 'new' stuff.

Specifically for this issue, it's why I made it voluntary. If you don't want to go through the hassle of using the new colors, then just don't and market your pets as "Original ______ Puffadore"... or if you want to go through being the first to get one of the new colors... then you can go that route too and advertise "New ______ Puffadore".

Or, if you don't care and it's just personal, just use Pet Dyes to adjust the offsprings and continue your projects.

But as explained above, there just isn't much I can physically even do. Like, literally the only solution that'd make everyone happy is to just add a button to every pet that says, "Let Me Redo Everything" and... I'm not going to do that - that would just be way too game breaking.
Edited By Krinadon on 1/31/2017 at 6:58 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.