Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Kelpari Klub
Page 17 1, 2, 3... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 8/1/2016 at 10:27 AM Post #161
That's tough. I guess it depends on what you want exactly. I don't usually use a muter unless I have a specific project in mind and then I mute with reckless abandon. :-P While it's true that there are none with anything in mut 2, the majority of them also haven't been muted.

I normally love nebula, but monarch looks quite lovely and is the one I prefer with these specific traits.

Given that I just used four of the traits you are considering, I am absolutely no help whatsoever!
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 8/1/2016 at 5:42 PM Post #162
Of the gene 1 traits, I really like leopard seal. It's kinda elegant on the dark body but at the same time the green gives a sense of fun to me. Of the wing traits, I'm surprised how much I like speckles. Not really sure about ornate armor. Not sure why. It feels like there isn't a balance? I think there'd need to be another trait. That's also how I feel regarding the mutation 2 with just the scales on the back.

I do have a tamed Halloween Kelpari. Never mutated. I'm not huge on her gene 1 with this particularly theme but I think I'd need to go with something to give more of a whimsical feel. I think I've thought about giving her unicorn horn before.

Maybe?
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 8/2/2016 at 10:02 AM Post #163
Yeah, that gene says 70s decor rather than Halloween to me. I like either the unicorn horn or luminous fins. Everything else either doesn't play nice or is kind of meh.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 8/2/2016 at 12:19 PM Post #164
@Faeyla 70's decor lol. I hadn't thought about her like that but yeah I see it now.

Here's a thought. I could always use a disrupter on her, couldn't I? I just checked and she's never been bred.

I loved her colors a lot more before the revamp. Now, I adore the revamp. I think it's the best revamp done yet. But I also think sometimes themes with particular traits that looked really neat before just don't always translate as well after.

Here's what she used to look like.
Deathdust
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 120
Posted: 8/2/2016 at 9:27 PM Post #165
@SpaceElf:

I know this would be a huge money sink, but she's unbred, perhaps you could disrupt her one carry and see what you get? But I have to agree with Mohya, literally no M2. D: On tagged at least. I assume some revamp babies somewhere have it.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 8/3/2016 at 12:03 AM Post #166
I agree; the Clownfish trait, as it is now, just doesn't look that good with the Halloween Theme. Personally, I would prefer to give Halloween Kelparies a spooky or mysterious or even dangerous look. That's why, even though I really like Speckled and Nebula, I'm leaning toward Monarch (if I go for a G2 trait).

I thought about using a Disruptor on Lutine, since she's never been bred. However, she only has one Carried trait (Mystic Horns), which looks okay with the Theme--

--and that's a lot of money for a Disruptor just to move a single trait point.

However, I think the best M3 trait for any Halloween Kelpari would be Luminous Water--

So Savynn, if you don't use a Disruptor on your girl (who needs a name*), perhaps Luminous Water would work for her?

I put Ornate Armor as a suggestion because I really like the way it lets the viewer see all the pet's Genes. The other two types of armor cover up a lot of the Genes, and I don't like Nightmare Spines at all.

However, as I feel a sense of responsibility toward Kelpari collectors (being as I'm one of the lucky few to own a Tamed Halloween Kelpari), I will most likely give Lutine an M2 trait. I usually prefer Central Fins or Heavy Scaled Plating in that slot, but Halloween is one of the few Themes that, IMO, makes Luminous Fins look good. So right now I'm leaning toward Luminous Fins and no Disruptor (much as I hate giving up on Monarch, Deep Sea Runes, and Ornate Armor).

(I need another Tagged Halloween Kelpari.)

Oh, and I totally agree that some Traits looked better before the re-vamp. I really, really liked Faded Spots on my Kelparies, but it vanished, to be replaced by Frog Spots, which I can't stand.

*How about "Aelfsidenne"? That's old Anglo-Saxon for the influence of evil elves that causes nightmares and illness. Or maybe "Aelfsogotha," for one particular disease caused by elves, which turns one's eyes yellow.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 8/3/2016 at 12:40 AM Post #167
I do think Luminous Water is rather nice for this theme though it looks a lot better on ones I think without a gene 1. Or at least better on something that doesn't have the trait mine does. I think what I'm gonna do though is eventually try to get a disrupter to use on her. Then plan from there with what looks best paired with a trait that I hopefully like better. (The only problem is that I have a waiting line already of different sylesties to disrupt including a few other kelparies.)

Even though Halloween can have it's "scary" parts, I usually just think of it as a "fun" holiday myself. All the candy from when I used to go trick or treating as a kid probably didn't help. I still use Halloween as a yearly excuse to buy candy for myself. I've also always liked the bright shades of orange, green, and purple used on a lot of the merchandise. I find a lot of it rather cute. I do watch horror movies usually for it, too, but I'm normally not scared by anything with them.

I'm with you on the frog spots. There's a few kelparies I've seen with the spots that I like but I liked the faded spots better. Again, overall, the kelparies are my favorite revamp.

Thanks for the name suggestions but I think I'll continue to hold off for now because if I do disrupt then it might have a very different feel to it depending on what I do.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Posted: 8/3/2016 at 1:47 AM Post #168
A note to everyone in the Klub--I have just now cast a very wide net for more Halloween Kelparies. If you are wanting one of your own, please PM me first, so we don't end up bidding against each other. I am totally on board with re-selling any Halloween Kelps I get to anyone else in the Klub who wants one, for the same price as I paid. After all, I already have Lutine.

Aw, that's sweet...

In addtion, if you want to "get into" Halloween Kelparies (who, IMO, are one of the loveliest early Themes), I have these Purebreds available for breeding--

My name is Gaksi Dokkaebi, and these are my children--

My name is Spriggan. ___________________ And I'm Cham Dokkaebi.

By great good luck, it turns out that Cham has Carried Central Fins! So, there's one Mutation Two trait for Halloween Kelparies, which makes a 6-Vis at least possible. Whew!
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Posted: 8/3/2016 at 1:49 PM Post #169
Another Halloween Theme update--MourningLily has re-generated their two Halloween stallions and mutated one of them!

Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 8/3/2016 at 3:21 PM Post #170
@SpaceElf1
Your seaweed girl is gorgeous!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.