Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Kelpari Klub
Page 20 1, 2, 3... 19, 20, 21 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
FleurFaolan
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 84
Posted: 12/2/2016 at 9:16 PM Post #191
I got a handful of Ice Forest Kelpari myself, but I didn't raise their stats since I already have one stat project in mind going on. Just need to get those 6 visible traits locked in first before I move on to the actual stat part.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 12/9/2016 at 5:45 PM Post #192
Okay, so all of my Ice Forest Kelpari are hatched and Ive finally had some time to play around with traits in the generator. I want to make a max stat that I like the looks of, so using just the traits I currently have this is the one I like the best

G1: Dusky
G2: Speckles
M1: Pearl Armor
Its only a 3 vis and really any of the traits that I have in G2 work (Betta, calico, and moon moth). The only trait I like in M2 is luminous fins, but I dont have that trait and right now it looks like no one has that trait on a higher stat kelp. I dont know if I want the trait bad enough to deal with a stat drop. The only trait I currently have in M3 is kelp headdress and I find that trait is too dark/messy. I really like luminous mane and there are several high stat kelps with that trait, so maybe I can get a breeding with one to add that in. If I did, then the final ones would look like this:

Im actually thinking about disrupting this boy:

I normally love ornate armor, but on this theme it is so dark you really cant see it and monarch is also rather meh.

Im also on the fence with this girl:

I really like moon moth, plus it has hidden speckles, but I really hate leaf veins and the hidden leopard seal is kind of meh. For now they will just hang out until I decide what to do with them.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/16/2017 at 2:11 PM Post #193
This has been such a busy fest that I haven't had time to focus as much on kelps as I would love. I'm trying out working on a max stat ice forest kelp project for myself, and I'm also working on just breeding in traits that I love amongst non-themed kelps.

I've also gotten a couple new 3vis exclusive themed kelps for my collection. One is the new Log Fire Kelpari. I think he turned out great the first time and doesn't need to be disrupted.

My other new kelp is a Chocolate Fudge that still needs to be regenned! I'm so excited to get him. I'm not sure yet what traits I want to give him. I should compare with the Chocolate Fudges that I already have first before I make any decision. There's a part of me that would also be super tempted to disrupt him for newer traits. But I don't think I'm brave enough for it.

The traits I can use are
Gene 1: A-K
Gene 2: A-D
Gene 3: A-B
Mutation 1: A-C
Mutation 2: A-B
Mutation 3: A-G
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 2/3/2017 at 9:28 PM Post #194
I finally got a breeding pair for butterfly mane! They aren't the prettiest pair, but now I have that trait should I want it for other projects. If anyone wants an egg from them or breeding, just let me know. I'm happy to share!

I'm still chugging along on a couple of dye projects. For only being 4vis they are being painfully slow to progress.

I'm also working on getting the traits that I want on my Ice Forest Kelps. I did throw several disruptors at my one boy and finally ended up with luminous fins (3x getting splash wings nearly did me in). So, this is what I'll be aiming for:

I would have liked to have added luminous mane, but I'm done wasting money on more disruptors. Between these guys and my conj vorpa I have used waaaaay too many of them. At least I'm happy with how my kelp turned out even if one of my females has no traits I'm planning on using.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 2/8/2017 at 6:19 PM Post #195
@Faeyla

Would any of the kelps in my project help yours? Let me know and I'd be glad to help. Here's the thread for my own project.

I'm currently stuck trying to figure mine out still. I had started out breeding 2nd gens and prismatically philtering them but then found out if I want them to be 6vis that I should wait until their genes are sorted before trying for max stat. I need to sit down and read through the guide before I do anything else and hope I soak it in.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 2/8/2017 at 9:37 PM Post #196
Yeah, I typically get the traits sorted out first and then go for max stat. That way I'm not wasting philters on potentially low trait babies. I figure at the rate I'm going I might have two 4vis breeding pairs by the time I finish my vul max stat. :-P

If possible, I would love an egg from:
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2750140
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2776910

Likewise, if any of my kelps can help with your project, just let me know. One of my girls is carrying ornate armor. I've just been releasing babies that have been getting that. I can certainly pass them on to you if you'd like that trait. All of my ice forest kelps are in my sort n stat stable in the kelp stat tab. I'd link it, but I haven't figured out how to link a specific stable tab.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 2/8/2017 at 10:59 PM Post #197
This is how I link a specific stable tab because I can never remember how to do it otherwise. I click on a pet in the right tab of the stable I want and on their profile click "view stable". The url you get from that is what you're looking for.

So clicking on one of the pet profile links you posted and then clicking on view stable I got this.

https://www.sylestia.com/stables/?stable=33505&tab=4

So I guess really the only part we need to remember is the &tab=n. But I've yet to retain this.

Here's the kelp egg! I appreciate the offer regarding your kelps as well. I'll have to take a look at them. Also, thanks for the offer of ornate armor. I probably wouldn't be interested for my own project because it's so hard to see on this theme. However, I could potentially use another ornate armor carrying baby for my general kelp breeding.

I've gone a bit crazy lately with working on kelps carrying traits I really like. I'm looking forward to this next generation I've got going to grow up. I feel like I'm getting much closer to have very interesting multi-vis. Right now I still have a lot of carries. I should be getting vis butterfly mane, sea unicorn, and luminous mane. Still working on getting some of the rarer gene 1 traits I like in but enough butterfly stripe carries I should be getting more vis from that I think soon. I'm also working on getting all of the gene 3 traits but lucky runes. Ornate armor and pearl armor are my favorite mutation 1's. I'm finally getting more ornate armor carries. With the wings, I love the butterfly wings. Working on breeding more luminous fins, too. I also don't mind some central fins in there. However, I like kelps without mutation 2 traits as well since I think gene 2 traits work best with their normal wings.

Anyway, sorry, I get excited about kelps and I can't help talking about them. I haven't been this interested in breeding on Sylestia in such a long time.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 2:28 PM Post #198
@ Savynn: I finally got two breeding pairs with ornate armor and as it usually happens, I have several extras that I'm planning on releasing. If you'd like any of them just let me know. Otherwise I'll release them once they reach adulthood.
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2872630
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2872631
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2872634
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2872646
The female can breed with any of the males, so you can have a breeding pair if you'd like. If not, no worries, I figured I'd check before I release them.

I really need to get my kelp stable organized, but I always seem to get distracted. :-P
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 5:47 PM Post #199
I'd love this girl if I may. Thank you so much! She's really pretty!

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2872630

I've been really busy the last few days trying to clear out my stables some. Right now my stablehand contract is expired and I figured I'd try to clear out as much as I could before I pay her again for another couple weeks. Plus, I figure if I let it hit 0 days then I'll get a free three days worth of feed after it's all over since it's been long enough from last time they starved.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 6:13 PM Post #200
She is all set up for you.

One of the problems I have with cleaning up my stables is that I get easily distracted. Today I was working on my vul stable and now I have a new vul project. Earlier it was my nixi stable and yet again a new project. I'm hopeless, but I'm having fun. :-P
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 19, 20, 21
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.