Threads: 289
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 1:40 AM Post #182
Ohh, do you catch themed pets too?
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 2:54 AM Post #183
I just thought I might put my experiences here.... I can see and understand all the sides that have been expressed so far... Personally, I'm one of the people that can never afford the high priced things, but that's okay. The Scratchcard is just 1 thing in this mini Event and even without personally being able to do it, I have been having fun with the other things (thrilled there's a Sudoku!) and I always like the Design activities. ^D^ And I was thrilled that we got a free play at the Scratchcard. ^D^ Normally, like some people were saying that they could wait, I could wait and let the staff work on more important things, but I have to say that I was so relieved when the St. Patrick's Day festivities were not cancelled here on Sylestia because it's one of my top favorite holidays and this year was the first time I could do the Sylestia things for it. You don't even know how much I needed this. XD So thank you! ^w^
Chiripiripinn406
Level 60
Threads: 3
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 3:19 AM Post #184
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=33918&page=18#175
Author: Falkinsey
Time Posted: 3/20/2016 at 9:42 PM
I am going to try to word this very carefully because I absolutely do not want to offend anyone or appear to be criticising the views of others - everyone is entitled to their own point of view. However, I do not believe that it should be left entirely to Krin to put forward the positive side of this event.
Now I know that some of you will look in my hatchery and think, 'Easy for her to say...she has lots of Fortune pets', so I feel I should start by saying that I have bought about $250 worth of diamonds, mostly to buy scratch cards and some to buy pets from others. I could not have done this as a teenager or when I was at college or in my first few years of work, nor if I went on expensive holidays or ate out a lot etc. Now that I am a fully-fledged and fully-employed adult I can choose my own spending priorities.
Krin and Fai need some people like me on the site. As Krin explained before, this is their full-time job and they have to make a living from it. In order to keep people like me spending money there have to be some things that have a better chance of success if you spend more. With any gambling you might just get lucky on your first attempt but probably you won't. What is great about the scratch cards for me is that, if you carry on and fill up that pet bonus bar, then the chances of getting a pet are very high. Yes, it takes a lot of diamonds or gold, but there is a reward almost guaranteed for those who can afford it.
The four full festivals, spring, summer, fall and winter, have lots for everyone - zones to find themed pets, exclusive pets that can be earned, bosses to defeat that can drop great items etc. These smaller, between festival events, are more a source of revenue. Yes, they favour those who spend real money, and no, there is not much to do, but as Krin says there are the forum games, contests for designing Sylestis, Pick-a-Door etc. and these are accessible to everyone.
So I want to thank Krin and Fai for all the work that they put in to all of the activities on the site and I want to thank them for these special events that benefit those who can afford it.
I can't wait for the Spring Festival and even more so for the Megazone!

Thank you, Falkinsey, for coming out and saying it: this IS a full-time job for Krin and Fai and I, too, want to thank them for the hard work they do and the wonderful world that is accessible to us all, regardless of our bank accounts.
Darkchaoscrawler
Level 60
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 26
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 9:09 AM Post #185
Nothing to say
Edited By Darkchaoscrawler on 3/21/2016 at 9:10 AM.
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 9:39 AM Post #186
I just want to let you admins know that I appreciate everything you've done. You made a commitment to keep this game going and to have new stuff coming out all the time. Thank you for that. I had no idea this was a full time job!
But at the same time I agree with everyone else. It is a bit of a difficult situation. A part of me thinks, how can you guys make a living off of this?!? I am also new and have never participated in a actual festival and have no idea what this 'wheel' thing is. The lucky pot seems way over priced; I would suggest only buying it to support you admins and artists and such. But the free play was awesome! I got two things that I wouldn't have been able to buy. So the free play was good for the newer players and the rich players can do it if they desire, but I think the people who were most disappointed were the guys in the middle. And for you who are really angry, it's just a game. Real life is harder on some people than you may think. I don't even know the full extent of it but I've heard a lot. Be glad you can spend time playing awesome and free games instead of suffering intense pain.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 110
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 9:47 AM Post #187
The only comment I wanted to make was that I was slightly disappointed that I spent almost $30 dollars on diamonds and ended up with no items from this festival, only philters and disruptors. I don't mind that I had to pay a little because it does keep the value of the event themed and items up, but I felt that maybe the chances for the event specific items were a little too rare, as I spent money and walked away with nothing from the event to show.

But maybe I was just reaaally unlucky? After all, the events are much more limited than the festivals. 8)

Either way, the other part of me is happy that Krin and Fai are focusing on the Megazone, since that will be so much more content--and down the road moving the site out of Beta, same thing. I don't mind that the event was just a quick and small event because it was honestly better than none and I appreciated the content more than I was disappointed by not getting anything event specific.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 10:57 AM Post #188
Just another user with thoughts. xD Okay, maybe too many thoughts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Event
I was originally taken aback since the scratch card was the only thing available. But now there are lots of forum games as well! :) For me, Forum Games are the most exciting part of any Sylestia festival. Anyone can participate, anyone can win. They range from creative (the egg creation), to puzzle-like (sudoku), to Sylestia-oriented (create a sylesti), to interactive (The taboo-like game). On other sites, I see at most one of these types of games/events at a time. Additionally we even had pick-a-door for this mini-event. Ah and I almost forgot, although not a forum game, the new mutation was quite a nice surprise.

I've actually found this to be one of the most fun and extensive mini-events with quite a lot of content!~ ^^

Expectations
"This is an event. Not a festival....We will probably just change its name in the future if it's not going to be a festival to avoid confusion."

I agree that these should just be called mini-events rather than mini-festivals, due to the grandeur of festivals. Even I originally got confused that this was the Spring festival and that there would originally be a festival zone. //As embarrassing and silly as that is. OTL

Also, some of the newer users might not know that this event as well as the Spring festival are just an intermezzo till the Megazone. Perhaps the Spring Festival should be prefaced with something explaining that it's just to tide us over till the Megazone and the Sylestia Re-vamp? It's easy to forget as well since it's been a little while since a post about it.

At least I remember thinking that there was definitely a possibility of no mini-events at all when the Megazone was announced, since they extract resources and time.

Free To Play
"Also... for those saying that Sylestia is no longer free to play... that just isn't fair at all to say. We have always been 100% free to play. There is not a single thing in this game that you must pay real life currency to obtain. Even features like The Lucky Pot... you can play with Gold directly. You don't have to have Diamonds. And the exchange rate we used was less than the average on the Currency Exchange."

For Sylestia, I'd consider myself a rich free-to-play member, as I have spent $0, but have a high net-worth account value -- mainly in items. (Sorry Krin and Fai >.< Have just been a college student.) I guess I'm living proof is more what I mean to say? xD I did give the scratch card 1 regular gold amount scratch as well. c:

Lucky Pot
I personally don't have much to say about this anymore, especially with the free go. If there were one thing I would change, that would be the assumption that people only play the wheel/maze/scratch-card to get a themed pet. At least for me, my goal is always avatar items. It's hard to collect them this mini-event due to the lack of them in the market.

Also, just a thought in hindsight, perhaps if the scratch card were released after the forum games, it wouldn't have seemed as big of a thing? Generally in the past the expensive features have been released after the cheap/free features have been released.
Edited By Taptothebeat on 3/21/2016 at 11:02 AM.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 11:53 AM Post #189
yeah, definitely too many thoughts, but awesome ones though (nice avatar background)
KittersKamala
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 44
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 4:58 PM Post #190
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=33918&page=18#175
Author: Falkinsey
Time Posted: 3/20/2016 at 9:42 PM
I am going to try to word this very carefully because I absolutely do not want to offend anyone or appear to be criticising the views of others - everyone is entitled to their own point of view. However, I do not believe that it should be left entirely to Krin to put forward the positive side of this event.
Now I know that some of you will look in my hatchery and think, 'Easy for her to say...she has lots of Fortune pets', so I feel I should start by saying that I have bought about $250 worth of diamonds, mostly to buy scratch cards and some to buy pets from others. I could not have done this as a teenager or when I was at college or in my first few years of work, nor if I went on expensive holidays or ate out a lot etc. Now that I am a fully-fledged and fully-employed adult I can choose my own spending priorities.
Krin and Fai need some people like me on the site. As Krin explained before, this is their full-time job and they have to make a living from it. In order to keep people like me spending money there have to be some things that have a better chance of success if you spend more. With any gambling you might just get lucky on your first attempt but probably you won't. What is great about the scratch cards for me is that, if you carry on and fill up that pet bonus bar, then the chances of getting a pet are very high. Yes, it takes a lot of diamonds or gold, but there is a reward almost guaranteed for those who can afford it.
The four full festivals, spring, summer, fall and winter, have lots for everyone - zones to find themed pets, exclusive pets that can be earned, bosses to defeat that can drop great items etc. These smaller, between festival events, are more a source of revenue. Yes, they favour those who spend real money, and no, there is not much to do, but as Krin says there are the forum games, contests for designing Sylestis, Pick-a-Door etc. and these are accessible to everyone.
So I want to thank Krin and Fai for all the work that they put in to all of the activities on the site and I want to thank them for these special events that benefit those who can afford it.
I can't wait for the Spring Festival and even more so for the Megazone!

All of this. ALL. OF. THIS. :DDD Much thanks to Krin and Fai.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 18, 19, 20, 21
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.