Forum Index > News and Announcements > 2016 Fortune Festival Event
Page 20 1, 2, 3... 19, 20, 21 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Reakeda
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 94
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 5:01 PM Post #191
That last sentence is a really big assumption. I, personally, have Fibromyalgia.. so intense pain is a fact of life for me. I'm sure there are others who play here and also suffer from such things.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 6:24 PM Post #192
"I apologize for those who had hopes we would release a cheaper version, but in the end everyone would just be better off saving up for one play at 1.25m than they would 10 plays at 125k. Or, just save up and purchase the specific avatar items, the title, or pets that you want from other players."

Shame that's slightly impossible when no one is selling the avatar items, and they seem to have been made insanely rare compared to the themes to begin with.. =/ I hope in future mini-events every single item from the event won't be rolled into the one object like this. It would be lovely to at least have had *one* thing I could straight up purchase with diamonds at least.
Babylon
Level 51
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 7:47 PM Post #193
I started playing Sylestia in February, so I haven't alot of experience with the game yet, but I've really enjoyed it so far. I want to thank Krinadon and Faiona for a beautiful, addictive game.

I don't EXPECT to have access to game features, as I don't yet PAY for any part of my Sylestia experience. (I have a young son with special needs, and my funds go to his games or software to help him communicate.) That we have access to everything but an event/festival without paying is wonderful. Other games I've played have two very different experiences depending on whether you can pay or not.

As far as making an event accessible to new or free players (not that they are under ANY obligation to), having a free shot was very nice. When I've learned the game, and budgeted my resources for the things I want, I'm sure I'll play more. But this thread did get me thinking about a reward system/currency that would be somewhat more attainable for those of us with a more restricted budget.

The place where we seem to be on the most equal footing is in designing sylesties. What if we could use either our AP points, (which we use for some of our avatar changes and may be saving up anyway, and can earn questing, which will reward time spent on the game), or possibly a separate currency, awarded for our designs and the number of favourites we get for them? We wouldn't be able to collect our daily AP/currency total award for our faves until we'd faved a minimum number of times that day on other people's designs. This would keep us designing (not that some of us would need the motivation), and it would keep us in touch with each other by making us take a look at each other's designs. For those worried that it would become a popularity contest, would that not make us kinder in forums (possibly reducing the amount of work to watch that it stays polite), and more helpful to other players? (It may also add to the workload to keep design piracy down - then again, we may police ourselves; not fave-ing known pirates' designs xD). To keep Krinadon and Faiona from losing their shirts, people could pay to augment their currencty/AP total. (It isn't possible to purchase AP with real money at this time, right?) For those of us working with AP/currency and not real money, getting anything; dyes, mutators, scanners, anything, is terrific.

Just an idea that is probably full of holes, but I can't see 'em yet xD

Thanks also Krinadon and Faiona, for taking the time to answer these posts so thoroughly and thoughtfully. That has to represent alot of your day.

<3 <3 <3
Lup
Level 60
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 9
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 10:10 PM Post #194
Honestly I think the recent Diamond-drive trend is a necessary "evil"; I don't like that I can't actually get pets or avatar items for these mini-events anymore, but if this site is honestly the only source of income for the creators at the moment, and they're trying to add new features and update the art and whatnot, then I do see where and why this is come from. I would be much happier if the wheel was brought back- as much as we complained, we certainly found uses for all those philters it spit out. There could still be split wheels; a "free" wheel, where the only currency used is in-game, such as Gold or even AP, which would offer maybe 80% philters, 19% Common-Uncommon Avatar item, and 1% Nonfabled Themed Pet, as an example. The "Diamond" wheel would offer much higher chances of avatar items and pets, and would include fabled species(Maybe 50% Philters, 20% Rare/Retired/Special Avatar Item, 20%Nonfabled pet, 10% Fabled pet). This is just a rough idea, more of a suggestion. I'd make the "Free" wheel maybe 100K per ticket- new players would have to earn it, meaning they would play more in order to earn something neat they could use, seasoned players who play entirely free would have something to do and work towards during an event, and those willing to pay diamonds would get better prizes for their contribution (Maybe 500 Diamonds a ticket?? I'm now sure about Diamond pricing), not to mention offering them the exclusive prize of a fabled pet. Just an idea? I think it would make everyone happier if there was a "cheap" game and then the "expensive" game, like the scratch card we have at the moment.

Again, I do understand you're working very hard to improve the site and maintain a comfortable life at the same time. I just think the community grows restless because of all these minievents that used to be a little more open to free players are a lot harder to access. I also understand that if my idea is accepted, the ratios might have to change ;) I'm not sure what the old wheel's prize giveout rates were, so I just guessed some proximate numbers. Could even lower the drop chance on pets, if you'd like to keep them more exclusive. And that diamond price is probably baaad :'D I don't know really. But thanks for your time, anyone who read this!

Edit* The diamond wheel could maybe even drop retired themed pets? Just a thought
Edited By Nero on 3/21/2016 at 10:11 PM.
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 11:19 PM Post #195
Well I suppose that's true. I was trying to summarize that if you have a device and internet you probably aren't part of a poor community that has trouble getting one meal a day and is suspect to all sorts of diseases. I feel sorry for you now. :( I know that there are always people with rare or heredity diseases and such. But getting really upset over a game when there is that type of thing going on in the world... I don't know that I've seen anyone really upset, or even that anyone is that upset, but if there are then I would consider that a little silly and selfish. I'm sure that after some thought they would too. If they're just upset because they 'wasted' real money, well it goes to support this game. If you want to play for free, sure do that. If you spent money on it you did so risking the possibility of small rewards.
(That was longer than I meant it to be. O_o)
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 3/21/2016 at 11:24 PM Post #196
I'm sure you already know most of this, but here. http://www.niams.nih.gov/health_info/fibromyalgia/#g
Reakeda
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 94
Posted: 3/22/2016 at 12:04 AM Post #197
Don't feel sorry for me. That wasn't the point. ^^ The point was don't make assumptions and perhaps watch how you word things lol. I understood the point you were trying to make, but that wasn't the point that came across. And no offense was taken here, and I hope I didn't cause any either. ^^ Also, yeah.. I've done tons and tons of research, so that link has popped up on my radar more than once. :) Thanks, though.

Edit: Also, since this thread is meant for event discussion, if you'd like to talk anymore on any of this, just shoot me a PM. If we keep going here, Krin will probably scold us. ^^
Edited By Reakeda on 3/22/2016 at 12:07 AM.
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 3/22/2016 at 8:13 AM Post #198
yes I think there may be legal implications on this as well. The answer I got was if you went to a lotto store and bought 20 dollars worth your chance of getting even 1.00 was slim and that this game was supposed to represent that. However I know that with real life gambling, you must be 18 years or older. Even games like neopets dont allow anyone younger to even play the risk games.

Most sites i am on have donation creatures where the user knows exactly what they are buying and for how much. I am not sure they will change how things are done but they should think at least about not only the users but the legal issues that may arrise with allowing younger folk to gamble.
Slothsrock
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 9
Posted: 3/22/2016 at 2:43 PM Post #199
I know right I feel the same way.
Ripred
Level 64
Threads: 13
Posted: 3/23/2016 at 9:06 AM Post #200
Hahaha
If I can save up 750,000 k I might get something, but my free play resulted in this
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 19, 20, 21
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.