Players 2,281 432
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,281,124 1,573
Generated 657,612 414
Captured 1,196,101 401
Bred 6,427,316 758
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Winter Festival 2015 - The Story Of...
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kurama
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 19
Posted: 12/28/2015 at 9:56 AM Post #101
Mynine, the Hardworking

Mynine was only a young Griffi when she began to look up to the strongest, bravest members of her flock. Large, beautiful and hard-working, their brilliance dulled Mynine's average and plain lifestyle. Her coat was dull, with grey fluff and white feathers covering her whole body, and her laborious efforts went unnoticed by her fellow peers. However, she was used to it; and all that mattered was that the flock was in good hands as she worked harder than any of them could have realized. Over time, however, the other Griffi had become lazy, since Mynine's good intentions of helping them led to her taking on all their responsibilities.

When a hungry bunch of Sylesties approached the group, the other Griffi were easily overcome, unfit from lack of exercise; Mynine was able to save them, using every last bit of strength accumulated from her chores and daily duties. Not able to stay conscious from exhaustion, she awoke to find she had completely changed in both form and colour - she was now an ocean blue, and her wings were a stellar rainbow of colours. Learning from this lesson, her fellow flockmates finally respected her, and completed their tasks so as to never let down their guard again.

It's not known what may have caused Mynine's transformation, but one thing's for sure - there was someone out there who truly did respect her work.
Leapflame
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/28/2015 at 10:22 AM Post #102
Name: Blind to All
Story: This griffi was chosen by Hera to bear the hundred eyes of her servant Argos Panoptes. Through these eyes this griffi knew more then it should and found that many times it saw too much. Thus making it hard to find someone to love. For every time it found someone it would see what that creature did or was doing and judge the others with out hearing what had actually happened. This made it into a harsh and cruel animal that all feared. Over the centuries the griffi became cooler and cooler until it could not bear the sun shine.

Time lapse to now!

Leapflame looked around Greentooth and Bandersnatch at her side. Lilysplash unconscious in the snow. The birch trees glimmered as the snow got harder. Leap flame let out a low whistle and a bark sending Greentooth running in the direction of home with Lilysplash. Bandersnatch looked around. Then a shadow moved. Leap flame grabbed her bow and got ready to command when she saw the griffi. The huge wings covered in eyes. Leap flame wanted to call out to someone, anyone maybe one of her siblings Jinx and Mint, but her muteness hit her hard in the face. No traps, not a full party, no help. The griffi walked closer. She began to coo to it with her tongue. It bent down its great head and took to steps closer. Leapflame took two steps back. The griffi took two bounds and landed right in front of her. She could see where an arrow had hit it. The giraffe must have been dying. Vey carefully with numb fingers she reached into her bag and brought out a heal potion. The griffi saw the red liquid and made to get away. Slowly she tried again this time with mushrooms. The griffi began gobbling them down and Leapflame quickly tipped the contents of the heal potion into the wound and stepped back. The potion started working right away and soon there was no wound at all. The the world went black from cold. the last thing she saw was Bandersnatch looking alarmed.

Another time lapse!!

"Are you okay?" Mint's worried voice came in.
Leapflame looked around seeing she was still in the snow. Nodded then remembered the griffi. She began signing out "Did you see a-"
"Yes, I saw that griffi. It kept you warm as Bandersnatch fetched me. It is over there. It doesn't trust me. I guess I just don't have a way with animals, like you," Mint replied.
Leapflame looked over the griffi was gazing at her with all its eyes. An understanding passed between them. They would always understand each other because the griffi would judge on actions and that was all Leapflame had.
Lavelle
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 77
Posted: 12/28/2015 at 10:42 AM Post #103
Varushka, Storm Breaker

They say she once walked upon the lands, many centuries ago, leaving hoof-prints that glittered in the winter suns with the north star twinkling in her eye. There's no one left on this Sylestian earth to confirm it, merely the myths and legends of old, language and story passed from generation to generation. No one knows how or when she disappeared - became one with nature, a force of fury, harnessing the power of icy storms and endless gales. They say she was born blessed, destined for greatness, to stand shoulder to shoulder with the beasts and legends of lore. No one could possibly know quite how right they are.

She is in the breaking of the waves on the arctic shores, beautiful but deadly, the crashing of the surf - her hooves drumming upon the shores. The peacock eyes of her design now the eyes of storms, watching and waiting. Her deep navy coat the colour that stains the night skies with countless twinkling lights. She breathes and the world is at once covered in frost. When she slumbers the world is quiet, but when she stirs the first storms came. She is not without fault as she feels war and hate raging on the grounds below her. Her rage is boundless, thunderous, deep clouds rumbling across the skies and flashes of distaste bolting and bright.

No one truly knew if she was as powerful, as beautiful, as timeless as the stories told. Until now. A new age begins and she enters herself once more to the mortal plain. In search of love, of home, a true name. Things any person, any Sylesti, any being finds themselves searching for even the darkest of hearts and the darkest of nights. She wanders, never lost, always majestic, until she will at once find home. They say she is more beautiful now than ever before. It's unlikely she'll stay for long - she is strong, ageless, deity. She adapts and changes with the opening and closing of eras, the making and breaking of lifetimes. She is somehow everywhere and yet nowhere, living breathing flesh and blood, her masterpiece still apparent in the skies.

They say if you look closely when the storm breaks, quiet and still with bated breath and hoping lady luck is in your favour, you may still see her dancing in the breaks of clouds; casting her magic out into the world.

Missrain
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/28/2015 at 12:35 PM Post #104
Lucid Dreams

A long time ago ( 20 or 30 years? ) there was a girl that was about 6 years old. Her movements were majestic and she always seemed to amaze people. But there was one flaw that made people upset. The girl would fall asleep randomly, and right in the middle of something. She would instantly fall to the ground, and freeze like she was in a trance. Now, people wondered why this happened. doctors would test her, and others would question her, but they had no gain in this. The only thing she would say when questioned was " I'm opening the dream realm. The more she said this, the more people thought she was crazy. Soon people just ignored her and decided she was of no importance. When she tried to get peoples attention, they would just walk away like she was not there. The girl got very upset and ran to the mountains. When she was climbing the blooming mountain side, she lost her grip and fell, knocking her out. When the girl first awoke, she was in a deep cave, with only little light. She looked around only to find a adolescence Griffi. The girl jumped back, when the Griffi lowered its head. The girl and the Griffi stared for only a minute before the Griffi nudged some raw meat towards her. The girl and the Griffi spent a lot of time together. The girl amazed the Griffi with her movements, while the Griffi taught the girl how to survive in the wild. The girl eventually figured out how to morph into a Griffi. 7 years later on a cold winter morning, the girl and the Griffi walked into the very same town where the shunned the girl. The people were in aw as they saw the girl on top the Griffi, but when she shifted into a Griffi, the people got freaked out and screamed in horror " That Griffi cursed the girl " One villager cried in fear. All the villagers started trying to attack the Griffi, and when the girl tried to tell them to stop, she couldn't. Since she had never figured out how to speak, she could only make out noises. Then one of the villagers aimed a arrow right at the Griffi's heart, and the Griffi fell to the ground. The girl ran over to the Griffi and fell asleep on top of the Griffi. When she was sleeping, she could some how walk into the Griffi's final thoughts before passing. When the girl saw the Griffi fade away she was still in the Griffi's dream. When the girl awoke, she was only then to realize she was the Griffi, but with varieties of blue peacock feathers. When she tried to shift back into human, she could not do so. The villagers looked at her, whispering what happened. " The girl merged with the Griffi" One of them said, struck in fear. She took one step forward, and they all backed up, afraid. She tried speaking again, and to her amazement, she could. " Please calm down" She said with her voice raspy. the villagers looked at her, and calmed down. "Wha- What are you" A young girl that was about 5 years old asked "I'm A dreamer" She replied, upset by all that was happening. Then, she started to fade herself, and fell asleep once again, not being able to wake up for a few years. She was able to travel to each persons dream and make it enjoyable. When she finally woke up after being trapped in the dream realm for 4 years, she awoke in the forest, shivering. Then she walked out seeing a human. She nuzzles the human and feels like the world gave her a gift she could not obtain in the past. A human friend.
Logei
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 23
Posted: 12/29/2015 at 12:04 AM Post #105
Gurifin (Spelled just like this)
There once was a species called "Eagles" On this planet called "Earth" but that all changed when they started evolving, they got much bigger and colorful! The Native people on this planet made up stories about them and started calling them "Griffins." The Griffins were quite nice actually, they didn't want to hurt the Natives, but then the first chick was born. The chick wasn't like any other! She had things none of the other Griffins had seen before! (She is the one in the picture) She grew up and started attacking the Natives! The Natives started hunting them all, so they had to do what was best for them and let her go. She was banished to another planet no other Griffin had ever been on! It was nice with lush fields, and forests! It was perfect for her! She raced back to Earth even though she was banished, and she brought them to this mysterious new place! They soon discovered there were Natives here too! But the Natives here were nice, but they had to stay away because some would capture them. But one day the special Griffin didn't want to live like this, and went to the nearest person (Player) and turned herself in to be (His/Her)s, The Native looked excited and named her Gurifin.
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 12/29/2015 at 12:31 AM Post #106
Atindriya Nakti Ruya

She is an entity of dreams. She is an entity of magic.
And with magical dreams, all things are possible.

The night is beautiful, full of sparkling stars and dancing lights against the deepest of all blues.
The dream is wonderful, exciting and unbound by the limitations of the unimaginative woken world.
Both, fully fathomable by none, longed to reach out for something: a connection, an acknowledgement; for deep understanding.
In this commonality, the night and the dream found each other and learned of each other. And the more they learned, the more they wanted to know and the deeper their connection grew. The night anxiously awaited the end of each day more and more, reaching sooner and sooner to meet with the dream. The dream longed for the night and edged later and later to spend as much time with the night as possible. Finally, the night and the dream overlapped completely and they spent all of their time together, and as time went on, their deep affection for each other grew into love. Their love grew and grew until they could no longer bear even the air to be between them. But how could they breach this barrier with the night trapped in the sky and the dream grounded to the world... The night tried to reach down to the world, even casting some darkness and moonlight upon it, but couldn't reach all the way to the dream. The dream tried to reach up to the sky, pieces stretching out but only spreading sleep throughout the world.
However, the dream was determined and the limits between them weak to the magics of both the dream and the night. Pieces of the dream rose and partially separated, forming feathers that sprouted and unfurled from the dream. The dream spread these newfound wings and leapt into the air, soaring into the deep embrace of the night and as the two touched, their mystic energies mingled and intertwined. Part of the night became part of the dream and part of the dream became part of the night and from this amalgamation, a ball of night and dream emerged. The ball began to drift downward toward the world. Then it accelerated to a fall, elongating slightly as it's outsides hardened. As it fell through the freezing air, crystals formed and grew, attaching to the ball's shell. Suddenly, the ball burst into an explosion of ice shards and feathers, followed by scintillating shades of blue light and a shower of starry sparkles.
As the particles drifted away and the lights slowly faded, a solid form set upon the snow covered ground of the world. When it opened its eyes, it saw a form before it. The form looked over the feathery new being with care and admiration.

"What a majestic peacock you are..." the entity voiced. "Come with me and I will help find you a home with the perfect person for you."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Receiving an important summons that I cannot ignore, I go to the location to which Fiaona indicates, curious and excited. And it happens.

A most majestic and beautiful Griffi appears before me. She is unlike anything I have ever seen before... her feathering and patterns are unique, I have never seen these mutations and genes on a Griffi before.

She tentatively walks toward me and gently nuzzles me, and I get the feeling that she is asking for a name and wants me to take her home.

I look her over and consider carefully.
"Atindriya Nakti Ruya" I say as feelings within me fall into place like a missing jigsaw puzzle piece finally finding where it belongs, "my mystic night dream... Would you like to come home with me?"
Stars appear in my eyes and dreams in my heart as I await the answer...

{the section in the italics is from Faiona's initial post, adapted from second person point of view to first}
Hundenelsker
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 23
Posted: 12/29/2015 at 3:54 AM Post #107
So here's my entry. Thanks for doing this contest, Fai, it was a lot of fun to write ^_^

Tellevro
Deep within the heart of Umbra Forest, a little griffi egg rested hidden among the mossy underbrush. The haphazard location of the egg, far from Esior/s fields, spoke to unnatural reasons. The egg was shaking almost violently, a brilliant turquoise eye visible through a hole in the black shell. There were soft chirps of distress coming from inside, only answered by silence.

Slowly but surely, the hole grew bigger, cracks appearing all around the egg as a little blue beak bored its way through, the noises changing to grunts of determination. After nearly an hour, a little griffi girl took her first breath of crisp winter air before flopping fully onto the ground in exhaustion. After a short nap, the griffi sat up, big turquoise eyes gazing around eagerly as if her parents would pop out of thin air to wrap her in their love. Tragically, it didn't happen and the little griffi tried to stand, thinking to go find them if they couldn't find her. She managed a few wobbly seconds before falling. Whimpering at the ache in her tail crystals, she tried again, finding success this time.

Now that she was on her feet, she began to walk, heading in search of her parents. She had no idea what she looked like, however, or what species she even was. So when she found a creature with a head like the big-eyed birds shed seen, wings that ended in sharp talons that it walked on, and a long tail with feathers, she didnt blink twice at its appearance, wobbling over to it to ask if it was her parent since it had a beak and she could see her beak. The creature chuckled and took her to a pond where she saw herself for the first time. It told her she was a creature it thought was called a griffi and it gently nudged her on her way towards the fields where its parents must be.

The little griffi hatchling began the arduous journey through the forest. She fell more times than she could possibly remember, some falls leaving bruises on her body. As she walked, she began to learn how to use her wings to get a little off the ground, just enough to get over the twisted roots littering the floor. Along her path, she ran into many creatures, none of which looked like her but many that offered her a bite to eat and sometimes even a warm place to escape the blizzards outside. However, she left them all behind in time. As nice as they were, they were not her parents and she wanted to see her family.

As the little griffi went along her journey, she began to grow, becoming larger than most other creatures she knew of, powerful and muscular. She learned how to fend for herself, watching in the ponds as the crystals of her wings and tail grew out into long, beautiful feathers, shorter feathers growing along her brow.She didn't feel anything in particular about her appearance as she had nothing to compare it to. She only knew her species because a kind creature had told her of it. She had yet to see any other of her kind, after all. For all she knew, all griffis looked like she did.

One day, the little griffi saw something she never had before. It was a creature that walked only on its rear paws with no fur, feathers, or scales aside from some fur on its head. It wore something weird on its body, nothing at all like the features she had seen in any creature within the forest. Unlike them all, she didn't think these strange things were a part of the creature. In fact, it didn't seem to have any tail or wings or claws to speak of. Shaking her head, she kept her distance. Some creatures were friendly, others were not and she had absolutely no clue with this beast.

Suddenly, however, she saw something that caught her eye, making them widen in surprise. Wearing armor of its own, though very different, there was a creature next to the 2-legged beast that looked a lot like her. Its wings were like hers were at a baby, tail like the horse creatures she was used to and there was a very different sort of pattern in fur that was a different color from hers but it was so similar. This was a griffi.

No sooner had she made that stunned observation than she felt something fall on top of her. Giving a noise of surprise and fear, she fought against it, biting at the thing that was wrapped around her with her beak and doing her best to sever it with her claws. Soon, the remnants of the thing, reminiscent of woven vines, fell useless to the floor. After that observation, adrenaline filled her as she saw another one of those things coming towards her. Quickly, she ran as fast as possible, soon leaving the strange creature and the griffi far behind. She didn't know exactly what had nearly happened but she certainly didnt want to find out.

In what felt like an instant, it seemed like those two-legged creatures with their vines were everywhere and she dodged them one after another, biting at any that managed to land on her. Some fragments remained on her but she continued to run, heart racing. She couldn't let one of those vines get her, couldn't! She didnt know what the two-leggeds had in mind but she didn't want to find out. Grateful that she knew the forest so well, she was able to escape getting ensnared by a single vine.

However well she knew the forest, she could not run forever and she tucked herself away in a small cave, out of sight within an instant. Nodding as she heard the two-leggeds run past, she took the time to recover. With a start that sent fear in her heart, she realized she wasn't alone. There was a two-legged in the little cavern but it wasnt like ones she had seen before. Though it was dressed in weird armor too, it was standing around. The two-legged was surrounded by three griffis, each beautiful in their own respect but the main thing she noticed is how happy they seemed. They were nuzzling against the two-legged with soft smiles and peace in their eyes. They had scars, she could see that, but the happiness in their eyes spoke more to her. She would likely never find her parents, she had long accepted that, but she wanted a family and this two-legged with its happy griffis seemed like a pretty good home. Perhaps she could even have a name of her own now.
Bowing her head slightly to show she meant no harm, she slowly, cautiously walked towards it. The other griffis looked at her a moment before nodding. The two-legged looked up at her with eyes like blood and she prepared to run but it simply smiled and offered a hand. Smiling for perhaps the first time, she nuzzled the two-leggeds hand.

"Hello little Tellevro. Would you like to come home with me?" it asked and it was an odd voice, a sort she had never heard before but she nodded. This was what a home felt like... She loved it.
Edited By Hundenelsker on 12/29/2015 at 3:57 AM.
Analieza
Level 64
The Majestic
Threads: 6
Posted: 12/29/2015 at 10:00 AM Post #108
I think her name should be Stellaluna the Griffi, and that this should be her backstory.

Stellaluna was born different from the others of her kind, and for that was shunned by her family and friends. Having nowhere to go, she traveled far and wide in search of someone who would take care of her, and accept her for who and what she was. One day, she accidentally stumbled upon her family again, and they so viciously pushed her away that she was sure of never fitting in with anyone. Terribly saddened, she ran as far from her home as she could, only stopping when she saw you in the distance. Afraid of rejection, she very gently nuzzled your hand, and when you accepted her, she had never felt happier in her entire life.
FleurFaolan
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 84
Posted: 12/29/2015 at 12:22 PM Post #109
Pherousa, The Majestic

It is known in Sylestian mythology that once a year a fabled Griffi who's beauty quells the twinkling stars of the night sky; her plumage holding only the most rich and elegant pigmentation of blues, blacks and teals the world could only imagine, makes her appearance in the cold of winter to seek out the warming flame of friendship in a human inhabiting the lands. From near and far, rich, or poor scores of people gather to spectate in this magnificent event. Some wish only to catch a glimpse of such majestic handiwork, others ecstatic with hope glistening brightly in their eyes that just maybe this year it would be them to have the honor of befriending such a majestic beast. Yet, this Griffi would not choose just any human to befriend. Unbeknownst to the humans this years Griffi, Pherousa, has the power to see into the soul of a person. Only a human pure of heart whom has inner beauty that mirrors her own will stand a chance at befriending her for life.

Coda
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 133
Posted: 12/29/2015 at 3:52 PM Post #110
It was a snowy Christmas Eve when it appeared on the doorstep. A tiny, glowing Griffi egg. Nobody knew what it was, or why it was there. It was much too small to be a regular themed Griffi. So, everyone waiting in anticipation, it was incubated. Weeks later, much longer than that of the regular incubation of a Sylesti, the egg finally hatched. First appeared one glistening sapphire eye. Then, the tiny eggling burst out of the egg, her azure body glistening. The Griffi, despite only hatching, had an aura around her, one that felt old, but young at the same time. She gazed with all the intelligence of a Sylesti much beyond her years, rather, days. The young Griffi opened her beak, and spoke:

Nor the messenger nor the messaged
Shall prohibit the one in Theta,
As they are the Astron,
which all must trust in the Beta.

Still to this day, no one knows where the Griffi came from, some suspect the cosmos, others say she is simply a child, lost in her own past. No one knows for sure. The Griffi never talks anymore, rather resorting to gestures, like normal Griffi. Although...she's not normal. She's just...

Cosmo
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.