Players 2,387 365
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,248,392 1,193
Generated 656,295 34
Captured 1,190,692 64
Bred 6,401,310 1,095
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Winter Festival 2015 - The Story Of...
Page 15 1, 2, 3... 13, 14, 15 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 101
Posted: 1/11/2016 at 8:52 PM Post #141
NightSong

It might come as a surprise and seem quite absurd! But some Griffi can sing and NightSong is one of those blessed beasts. NightSong and her master Oondarelle wandered the earth singing songs of dreams and stars, soothing even the most ferocious Sylesti into a peaceful slumber. The once terrifying and dangerous night, became a safe and beautiful place for dreamers and travelers alike.

However, eventually Oondarelle grew old and fell into a slumber of her own. Try as she may, NightSong could not wake her. In her sorrow, NightSong sung no longer, the song of the night eternally silenced. Nightmares grew in the shadows and dreams once more. Night never safe for anyone again. She wanders looking for another, another to help her sing her song and keep her safe. Could it be you?
ColonelHazard
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 35
Posted: 1/11/2016 at 9:51 PM Post #142
Sorilea, the Watchful

Sorilea was once a young, headstrong Griffi. She traveled the lands of Sylestia with no particular aim in mind besides seeing more of the world and having adventures. One day while wandering the forests south of Astryl's Tranquility, near the foothills which marked the borders where woods and mountains met, she spotted smoke in the distance. Flying quickly in the direction of the disturbance, Sorilea witnessed charred remains of trees and thickets, all the leaves gone and the bare earth scorched. Around the edges of the burned up forest huddled small groups of many species of Sylesties. They looked shaken, and some had burns and other injuries.

Sorilea alighted atop of a small mound of earth and asked the motley groups surrounding her what had transpired. The younger Sylesties all began to clamour at once, relating tales of wings, fire, and destruction from above with large, frightened eyes looking up at the Griffi. Sorilea decided she had heard enough, and shushed them. A small Luffox came up to her and with a tremor, asked whether she was there to finish what the beast before had begun. Shaking her head, Sorilea crowed a laugh and nuzzled the young Luffox, reassuring the assembled Sylesties that she had merely come across them by chance and would be happy to help in whatever way she could. A grizzled old Bulbori emerged from the back of the group, the others parting to make way for her. The Bulbori stared up at Sorilea with glassy eyes, silence falling across the clearing.

"You have the aura of a protector about you," the elder said. "It glows strongly; blue, yellow, and green. You are destined to do great things for the creatures of this land. Will you stay with us while we rebuild?"

Sorilea nodded, and offered to keep watch while they all slept that night, as it was getting late in the day and there would not be light for much longer. Her word was good as gold, and she watched over the village as they relocated a little ways off. When they were settled, Sorilea said her goodbyes and flew off again. Though this time she felt like there was purpose to her wandering -- scanning the horizon for signs of trouble, Sorilea would find it and help those in need. Always watching over Sylestia, she became well known as a force for good, and found her new role fulfilling, if a bit tiring.

The higher powers of the land took notice over the years, as the poor Griffi became more worn down and exhausted by her constant vigilance. One night, having collapsed into a dreamless sleep, Sorilea could have sworn she spoke with the spirits. They told her she would be rewarded for her selfless devotion to the other Sylesties, and that she need not do the job alone any more. When the sun rose, Sorilea woke feeling more refreshed than she could remember ever being, and feeling brand new. Stretching her wings, something felt strange; she turned her head to find that they were now lushly feathered, and a shake of her tail revealed a matching set of long, beautiful tail feathers. Each of the feathers was tipped with a large, beautiful eye spot -- iridescent blue, yellow, and green glinting in the early morning sun.

Dashing over to the nearby pond, Sorilea admired her reflection in the still waters. Where once she had been plain and dark coloured, she now was covered in beautiful feather markings. Looking up across the pond, Sorilea saw a group of other Griffis staring back at her, each with some of the eye spots or markings present on their bodies. Flying over to her, they introduced themselves and pledged to join her in keeping watch over Sylestia and helping when there was trouble. Sorilea had never been happier, and felt ready to soar over the land again.
Starmax
Level 73
Sylestiologist
Threads: 18
Posted: 1/11/2016 at 11:55 PM Post #143
Ria the Resplendent

Ria was crafted by the hands of a goddess, the goddess of creativity, whom wanted a pet almost as beautiful as she. For since she was born from the serenity of the ocean & the dazzling stars in the sky, she herself crafted Ria from the same elements. Each shimmering constallation on her Griffi - specifically chosen for its mixed breeds - is the constallations she watches over. The keen eyesight of the bird, the fierce attitude of the lion, & the speed of a horse were all traits added to Ria in hopes of making the most perfect guardian. The traits of the peacock - a royal, majestic bird for which she favored highly as an animal down below that roamed Earth - was placed on. The markings, for she was a guardian of inspiration & muses to assist her master, signify the coming & shedding of ideas. As they come and go, they float away like feathers & return as the stars do each evening. The wings of the peacock, not only used for easy transportation but also to keep a watchful eye on the musings of others, span out wide on either side of her body. They need to be wide, for they need to be strong, in order to travel between her home in the sky & Earth down below. Long, feathered tail allows for easier navigation & acts as a guide when all else is lost. The headpiece, a symbol of her royalty & place of power, signifies the growth of ideas & the welcoming of it. Ria travels to & from her home in the sky to Earth. She is a myth among those on Earth - only those of the most strongest creative juices can actually see Ria at her work, being present & providing inspiration to those who struggle. After her goddess had been cursed to become a constallation in the sky, Ria was stuck on Earth. Her objective is to find the most creative being & serve under their commands, trying to continue her duties as a guardian once she's settled.
Rabbitaka
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 71
Posted: 1/11/2016 at 11:55 PM Post #144
The Blessed

A long long time ago, in a faraway land there was a kingdom. Once almighty and powerful, just a mention of it's name send shivers down all the other kings and warlords backs. But one year, it's winter stopped snowing. Instead it flourished like the middle of spring,flowers bloom, birds sang and young leaves painted the whole kingdom green. One would think this were to be a fortunate thing, except the whole kingdom relied on the first snow every winter to fuel their powers, strength and magic. There were never even a grey cloud in sight during winter, not to mention snow. From that very year, the kingdom dwindled. They lost land, lost citizens, lost loyal hearts. The king and his family prepared for the worst. 1 year, they could make it through at most 1 more year.

The first day of winter came. Everyone went out going about their daily activities as they had been for the past decades, no need for jumpers or scarfs. But this year it was different. It snowed. The sky was clear and the most magnificent blue ever. And suddenly, came down a little baby girl wrapped in the softest snow bringing down the snow fall with her as she came. She landed right in the middle, of a peacock's nest.The king rejoiced for his kingdom was saved! All thanks to this little miracle. She, was the blessed one, the little bundle that rescued him and his people.

As she grew, the little girl's beak hardened, her stance sturdy and she also grew beautiful markings and feathers, just like a peacock. Every year she would bring snow on the first day of winter, never again did the kingdom see spring in winter. But they would catch a glimpse of it every time they saw her majestic feathers.
Edited By Rabbitaka on 1/12/2016 at 12:01 AM.
Entropy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 27
Posted: 1/12/2016 at 12:00 AM Post #145

When you come upon the forest, the first thing you notice is always the solidness of the tree line. The thick trunks rise up dark and tall from the ground and their sturdy branches hold up vibrantly green leaves that seem to blot out the sun. As you make your way through the sudden twilight of the forest a whispering melody seems to brush past your ear. Your heart picks up its pace in your chest and your feet move of their own accord, skidding across the damp moss of the ground as your footfalls thud in time to the song in your ears. You eventually find your way to a clearing in the forest, the bright sun blinding you as you squint, your breath in hard pants. Then you see her. The source of all music. Calandra. None match her rich song. You fall to your knees and are absorbed into her song.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 12:00 AM Post #146
The winner of our "The Story of..." contest is Kyokai (we have put your prize in your stables for you)!

Thank you everyone so much in participating in this contest. Krinadon and I had so much enjoyment from reading everyone's stories...it took us so long to pick a winner! Thank you again and everyone that participated should have received their title. :)

Aeralya, of Royal Abandon

"Aeralya, come quickly!"
Bright, chilling eyes sprung open as Aeralya rushed out of her room in a flurry of fur and feathers.
"Ugh, I'm late again!" she muttered under her breath. Her hooves and talons clopped and clicked rapidly on the stone floor as she hurried to her soon-to-be cold breakfast.

"This is the third time this week you have been late to breakfast, Aeralya!" reprimanded a very cross, very proper griffi madam.
Sighing, Aeralya plopped down and pushed her food around on her plate as the butler filled her water glass. Sometimes she really hated being royal and 'special.' Every day she had the same schedule of boring etiquette lessons and scoldings. Aeralya yearned to go on an adventure and leave her lavish but lonely life in the huge mansion she bitterly called home. She dreamt of this whenever she stared out the windows, especially during lessons.

In her free time, Aeralya spent time wandering around the garden ponds and tossing pebbles at her own reflection. She cursed her appearance: her dark coat, unusual patterns and wings, and worse of all, her gaudy crown of feathers. Why did she have to be so different?
"No, I'm not going to waste any more time here," she grunted decisively, flicking a final stone into the water. Racing back to her room, she grabbed a long cloak to hide her unique appearance. With one last glance in the mirror, and a snort of approval, she left her old life without even looking back.

Miles of forest surrounded her parents' vast estate, so Aeralya decided to head south. She had heard of towns in that direction and knew she would need to make a fresh start. It was dusk as she stepped tentatively into the darkening woods. Leaves crunched and twigs snapped under hoof and paw. Every now-and-then, she could glimpse the stars through the vast canopy above and made her feel safer.

Snap! A twig broke nearby. Jolting out of her dreamy trance with the stars above, she immediately ran, dodging low branches and jumping fallen trees. There is a light up ahead! she happily thought, seeing a warm light through the trees. Out of breath, she slowed as the approached the light, unsure of who or what may be the culprit. As she peeked out behind a tree, she saw it was a large, bipedal reptilian figure, with flames on his back and tail tip. He seemed to have a menacing aura about him. Time to go thought Aeralya as she turned around to leave. In a horrified gasp, she had turned around to come face to face with a large, snarling face.

"Whats we got here?" he grunted with a rasp, eyes flickering in the dim light.
"Didja find somethin' boss?" chirped the fiery lizard.
"Yeah, we gots some lil lost lass. Dontcha fret," he addressed Aeralya, "we are nice folk. They call me Fat Mikey Knuckles--"
"And I'm known as Davy the Mouth! Though I dunno why I gots a name like that," interrupted the reptile.
"Soon to be Mouth-Sewn-Shut!" Fat Mikey angrily exclaimed. "Anywayses, we are just humble morkko and draeyl uh proprietors!"
"Yeah! What the boss said! Proper-teers!"
One glance from Fat Mikey and Davy backed up and closed his mouth. "Like I was sayings" grumbled Fat Mikey as he slowly turned his attention back to Aeralya, "why dontcha come back to town with us?"
Something didn't feel right, and Aeralya knew that these guys were bad news. She knew that her only choice was to run and hope to outrun them. Feigning a stagger to the left she threw the two shady characters off guard and sprinted the other way.

Aeralya ran and ran, even long after she could no longer hear their muffled shouts behind her. Her cloak was torn, her once gallant feathers stained with tears, dirt, and leaves, and her feathered crown lay in a disheveled mess atop her head. Stumbling blindly, the trees suddenly gave way to a large clearing with a beautiful crystal lake. She slowly made her way to water's edge and collapsed, exhausted. Barely having the strength to hold up her own head, she looked at her unsightly appearance. But she no longer cared that she looked different or unusual; she was alone now and so why should she care what anyone else thought? This was the thought that lulled her to sleep as she gazed out across the moonlit water.

Snap! A twig broke nearby. And a very fierce Aeralya jumped up and turned towards the noise, lowering her head in an attempt to look menacing. Another stranger. But this one looked similar to those of her lessons: huntsmen. They were dangerous and greedy creatures, these huntsmen. But this one was a lot smaller than Aeralya had thought them to be, and it was also a bit frightened looking itself. The stranger did not budge, but just stood there, braced by a tree.
"Do you need help?" it gently cooed. "You look hurt"
Aeralya said nothing. The small stranger took a step toward her. Then another. And another. With each step Aeralya winced. At only several steps away, Aeralya could see that it was a young girl. This girl was dressed in old clothes, dingy and tattered. Perhaps she is the daughter of a huntsman? considered Aeralya. Another step. This was too much. Aeralya beat her wings together, causing gusts and feathers and leaves to berate the young girl, in attempt to scare her away. After a few moments, Aeralya stopped to see if the girl had run away, but found her standing in the same place, eyes clenched shut and fists balled in determination.
"Do you need help? You look hurt," the girl repeated, eyes still closed.
Aeralya was stunned. What trickery is this? she wondered. "Go back to your home, child!" she hissed.
"I don't have a home anymore" the girl whispered, choking back tears.
"Then where are your parents?" she asked, whipping her head to look for others and straining her ears for any sound of movements.
"They are gone too there was a fire. In the forest near our home. My parents went to try and put it out before it spread too much. They told me to stay in the house, it would be safe there. But a long time went by and I started to smell smoke. I looked out the window and could see the glow of the fire not too far away. But I stayed. It got brighter and brighter. My parents said they would be back so I stayed. I tried to stay longer but I got scared and ran into the woods away from" she trailed off, looking out towards the water. "My parents are gone" she cried, tears streaming down her dirt-stained cheeks.
Aeralya looked at her, a pang of sadness in her heart. She approached gently where the girl stood rooted and sobbing, and slowly put one of her wings around her in comfort.
"I do need help, little one. I am hurt. Will you please help me and keep me company?" Aeralya softly asked, realizing the girl desperately needed her. Still comforting the sobbing girl, she felt a few nods under her wing and knew she would be able to help this little one. And so, the great adventures begin for Aeralya with her new friend and new sense of purpose.

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.