Players 2,374 379
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,250,671 1,483
Generated 656,316 12
Captured 1,190,782 41
Bred 6,403,478 1,430
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Fall Festival 2015 - Design a Mutation
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 10/6/2015 at 11:10 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests once again for the Fall Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design a pet mutation for only the following species: Aeridini, Aurleon, Draeyl, Griffi, Luffox, Qitari, Sylvorpa, Vulnyx, Zolnixi, Ryori. After you are done designing your mutation come back to this thread and post the image in this thread. To get a blank pet image just go to the generator page and take the image from there. You can resize the image to the maximum size via the image url, the maximum size is 500.

2. You must draw the mutation on the pet. If you feel that your drawing skills aren't great, then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your mutation. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. You are allowed to be free with your creative process, so it is not necessary to make it Fall themed.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different.

6. You may only submit ONE official entry for each species on the list. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your mutation idea. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

7. The end date is October 17th 2015 at 11:59PM server, after that the thread will be locked.

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have the mutation created and will receive a Mystical Essence of the submitted species. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
Chinese
Level 33
Threads: 1
Posted: 10/6/2015 at 11:11 PM Post #2
Can I just draw the whole pet with the mutation?
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Threads: 283
Posted: 10/6/2015 at 11:15 PM Post #3
Would photos of our designs be permited for this contest and the gene contest?
Tiggercudd
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 2
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 12:31 AM Post #4
i will start right now
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 12:58 AM Post #5
Re-entering this mute submission.

Nightmare Armour

Aloe Vera Tail

Shrawl Wrap

Jeweled Skeleton Armour
I am surprised I haven't seen any bone mutations for the aurleons so far. Bird skulls are pretty. xD

Undead Wings
Edited By Electrifying on 10/17/2015 at 11:12 PM.
Nocturnia77
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 8
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 2:25 AM Post #6
I would like some kind of Fire Mane for a Vulnyx, It may need to be extended more than this, but you get the idea I think. I would call this Mutation "Fire God" You may even want to embellish the tail, jowls, and further down the back for this.

[img" /> [TEMPLINKREPLACE]free photo hosting[/url]][/img]
Mpadfoot
Level 65
Threads: 14
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 2:27 AM Post #7
Okay, so this time I drew everything by hand. (I hope that's okay? The rules didn't state anything about whether or not we could do this by hand.) Please pardon the sketchiness.

Draeyl - Bug Wings

Vulnyx - Skeleton Wings

Please pardon my apparent inability to draw wings that look proportional to body size or that look properly bent (the way the vulnyx feathered wings are). I attempted to loosely base the wings off of this chart and this drawing.
Edited By Mpadfoot on 10/7/2015 at 2:34 AM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 3:08 AM Post #8
Aeridini - Epiphyllum
If done for the aeridini it would probably be better if the bloom was a bit more turned for space issues at least on the female aeridini. I wasn't able to draw it with the kind of angle I was thinking of though.

Aurleons - Swirling Leaves
Glowing leaves that swirl around sort of like the butterflies for the zolnixies.

Draeyl - Parasaurolophus Crest
Tried doing a crest from the dinosaur parasaurolophus. I don't know if scientists know whether or not they had the flap or not. Some illustrations have them drawn with it and others don't. I'm not sure which would look best.

Griffi - Fire Druid

Luffox - Mystic Ribbon

Qitari - Cloud Mane
I tried using cirrus clouds as reference.

Ryori - Antlers

Sylvorpa - Devil Wings
I meant for this to be smaller and more "chibi".

Vulnyx - Ram Horns

Zolnixi - Long Tail Feathers
There's roosters with long tail feathers like this. I'd like it to be the same though between male and female zolnixies or at least still very long for both.

Edited By Savynn on 10/17/2015 at 7:33 PM.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 4:47 AM Post #9

i first put up 3 mutations withs all looked like a nichtmare and Shawnthorn has bin so kind to work out 1 of them and that is the img above^^ ty Shawn <3
Edited By AliceHearts on 10/7/2015 at 1:43 PM.
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 5:15 AM Post #10
Sorry, Fai.... I didn't mean to ping you, I was just keeping an eye on the first post and the rules while I did this (>_<)

This is a repost as well, hope that it is alright to do this?

"I cannot draw... really, really cannot put my million of ideas on to paper... story of my life! >_< LOL!
So, please bear with me!
First off, these are on the Griffi, but I also envisioned all them on the Vulnyx as well.
I was looking to do a Manticore look... wings like the following but I wanted a more tattered look and the talon/hooks on the wing to look like a scorpion hook.... neither could I draw."

Next I wanted to do a true type scorpion tail which looks nice on the Griff.

Last, would look great with a manticore, is lightning aura.... there are also lightning markings (those are for the gene thread). I really can't draw realistic lightning... but that is what would look the coolest with this.
Edited By GoldGryphon on 10/7/2015 at 5:16 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.