Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 10/6/2015 at 11:06 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests once again for the Fall Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design a pet gene for only the following species: Aeridini, Aurleon,Draeyl, Griffi, Luffox, Qitari, Sylvorpa, Vulnyx, Zolnixi, Ryori. After you are done designing your gene come back to this thread and post the image in this thread. To get a blank pet image just go to the generator page and take the image from there. You can resize the image to the maximum size via the image url, the maximum size is 500.

2. You must draw the gene on the pet. If you feel that your drawing skills aren't great, then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your gene. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. You are allowed to be free with your creative process, so it is not necessary to make it Fall themed.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different.

6. You may only submit ONE official entry for each species on the list. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your gene idea. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

7. The end date is October 17th 2015 at 11:59PM server, after that the thread will be locked.

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have the gene created and will receive a Mystical Essence of the submitted species. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 10/6/2015 at 11:34 PM Post #2
My overarching theme to most of my entries here is bugs, critters, creepy and crawlies.

Damselfly Runes, based loosely on damselflys

Argiope, based loosely on the Black and Yellow Argiope spider

Marbled Orbweaver, based loosely on the spider of the same name

Western Widow Runes, based loosely on the juvenile Western Black Widow.

Hex Runes, not bug based for a change.

Painted Snail Runes, based on the snail of the same name

Picasso Bug, loosely based on the beatle of the same name

Tarantula Scales, based loosely on the Poecilotheria Regalis Tarantula

Runic Balance, a halo, horns, and abstract spiral wings

Archduke Butterfly, based loosely on the male Common Archduke Butterfly
Edited By Zelly on 10/14/2015 at 9:04 PM.
Mpadfoot
Level 65
Threads: 14
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 12:38 AM Post #3
So, I'm not so great at doing this directly on the computer, but I came up with a gene design for the ryori...

Royal Portrait

Blue = Gene Color
Black = C3

Partially inspired by one of my favorite zolnixi genes (regal markings) that I thought would look good on a ryori, and partially inspired by renaissance-era portraits of royalty.
Edited By Mpadfoot on 10/7/2015 at 1:44 AM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 12:51 AM Post #4
Aeridini - Splash Variegation

This is to resemble flower variegation where it basically looks like a flower's been splashed by paint. I was thinking through the parts where there isn't color for the marking maybe the normal colors of the flower on the aeridini would still appear.

Aurleon - Lunar Runes

Tried making a Lunar Runes for the aurleon

Draeyl - Floral Henna

Did this as just a belly marking.

Griffi - Hyena

An attempt at the spotted hyena.

Luffox - Sandswept

Tried to do the sandswept gene for griffies on the luffox.

Qitari - Koi (Sanke)

Very poor version of a sanke koi pattern.

Ryori - Nature Runes

Tried to do runes based on the faelora's nature runes.

Sylvorpa - Splotches (Terrible name but can't think of anything else)

This isn't really based on anything so I'm not sure what to call it.

Vulnyx - Side Spots (Terrible name but can't think of anything else)

I don't really know what to call this. I was thinking that spots that are in this area would be kinda neat. And maybe they could have a bit of a fade effect towards the leg. I wasn't actually sure if jaguar spots would look better or leopard or something else really. If done like a jaguar, I was thinking the inner spots could maybe be like the qitari and be a different color. Not sure if a slight coloration under the spots would look better or not, either.

Zolnixi - Tiger Stripes

Edited By Savynn on 10/17/2015 at 8:13 PM.
Nocturnia77
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 8
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 2:21 AM Post #5
Odd Eye. I love using Odd Eye on things and I am sad it is not available for the Vulnyx. Especially since the home page has that Odd Eyed Puppy. Since both eyes are visible on the Vulnyx, it is the perfect candidate.

[img" /> [TEMPLINKREPLACE]/url]][/img]
Sleepwalking
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 17
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 3:17 AM Post #6
Griffi - Moth
(old design)

Vulnyx - Calavera
(old design)

Qitari - Stardust
(old design)

Luffox - Ribbon Eel
(old design)

Zolnixi - Ocelot

Ryori - Roses Markings

Aeri - Cream Spot Tiger Moth
( wonderful moth )
Edited By Sleepwalking on 10/17/2015 at 11:33 AM.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 4:45 AM Post #7
if someone can make a beter looking verson pls let me know (i realy realy .......... at this)
idea here is Battle Scars

http://imgur.com/OnmU7oB
Edited By AliceHearts on 10/7/2015 at 4:45 AM.
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 5:19 AM Post #8
Reentering this as well, again, if this isn't allowed please let me know?

"I am not an artist by any means... but I have so many ideas I wish I could put on paper... anyway, this is lightning markings (there is also lightning aura for the mutation thread). This looks really nice on the griffi, but I had also envisioned it on the Vulnyx as well."
KaliOfDarknesss
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 38
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 8:22 AM Post #9

Edited By KaliOfDarknesss on 10/8/2015 at 9:31 PM.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 10/7/2015 at 10:37 AM Post #10

Ferret on Zolnixi. Basically, since I don't have any art installations for my lap top, I tried to re-create the common pet ferret's loveable striped fur pattern on our well sought after fox-like pets. The gene color here is raspberry while colors 1 and 2 are the same peach. I traced the base from the generator. (I also wondered if this hand drawn concept is okay to use?)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.