Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Spring Festival Project Elections &...
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
SheVampire
Level 72
Sylestiologist
Threads: 274
Posted: 5/28/2015 at 1:49 PM Post #31
Bumping
Lexcrow
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 11
Posted: 5/28/2015 at 8:47 PM Post #32
Election 1:Evil Dragon Poppy - The mutations go very well together. The other design looks more like a punk rock kid, which is not all that bad, just not very dragon-ish XD

Election 2:Parched Poppy - Looks magnificent and ready to dive into battle :) The other one has too much stuff going on :\

Election 3:Wilting Apple Blossom - Again, the other design was way too colourful and looks a bit off.

Election 4:Rainbow Sprinkles Hot Cross - OMG YES :D

Election 5:Elegant Tiger Lily - Pampas tail fits this Aeri so well, I love the colours and the wing mutation looks much better than on the other one.

Election 6:Poisonous Tiger Lily - Awesome ;D Looks dangerous!

Election 7:Dark Chocolate Paws - The headdress on the other design looks strange.

Election 8:Striking Vibrant Coleus - I love the ethereal wings on the other one, but the armor is too much.

Election 9:Fresh Earth Vulnyx - Even though it's a bit messy, it certainly draws your eye.

Election 10:Jewels in Evening River - Love the wings :) I think the other one would look great with Tundra Fur.

Election 11:Sparkle, Sparkle Vorpa - Simple yet pretty :)

Your Overall Favorite Design:Elegant Tiger Lily - The colours, the design, everything on it is just perfect!

Raffle Ticket 1 for Raffle 4
Raffle Ticket 2 for Raffle 4
Raffle Ticket 3 for Raffle 4
Raffle Ticket 4 for Raffle 4
Raffle Ticket 5 for Raffle 4

Your Preference of Consolation Prizes you would want to win: Avatar Items or Experience Orbs :)
Edited By Lexcrow on 5/28/2015 at 8:47 PM.
Chocolatetruffle
Level 67
High Priest
Threads: 25
Posted: 5/28/2015 at 9:04 PM Post #33
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=25679&page=2#14
Author: Chocolatetruffle
Time Posted: 5/24/2015 at 1:43 PM
I withdraw my votes... I don't have time to go through the process of filling out the form. Sorry.

Sorry. I don't have enough time Sylestia to finish this up. So don't count me at all!
Jennileigh25
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 19
Posted: 5/28/2015 at 11:54 PM Post #34
My Votes

Election 1: Evil Dragon Poppy.
I really like the ice mane on the Pretty Poppy Dragon, but honestly I think the design looks much better with the Lux Locks

Election 2: Pollinated Poppy.
I like warhorse armor to a degree, but when the body colors just are to beautiful to cover, I think it takes away from the design. Plus Circus Wear is one of my fav Qita traits.

Election 3: Wilting Apple Blossom.
This one was a bit difficult for me because I love both designs. Star Dust wings and the new Dragon traits are just awesome but in the end I choose the Dragon Traits over the Star Dust wings only because I don't think the Star Dust wings blend very well with the body color in this case.

Election 4: Tummy Ache Hot-Cross
This one is also difficult to choose from. First let's start off with the Rainbow, I really do love Rainbow designs, but next to the chocolate colors I honestly think it just doesn't blend well for me. Between the other two, I love the elaborate horns and the demon wings really blend in wonderfully with this design. The spring flowers I think look really great as well, but in the end I wanted to go with the Tummy Ache because of the unique trait scheme she has going on.

Election 5: Elegant Tiger Lily
This one was pretty simple for me because I am not fond of the females tail and wings to be honest. Place those traits from the male onto the female and we've got a deal, only because I think those traits blend beautiful together. It is as the name says, Elegant to the eyes. ^.^

Election 6: Flowering Tiger Lily
I am not fond of the Lups but this design if beautiful. I would rather they stand out and be seen then covering them up with traits that hide their beauty.

Election 7: Dark Chocolate Paws
I chose the Dark because the traits don't clutter up the Lup as much and you can see multiple shades of chocolates on the beauty. The Heavenly Chocolate really just looks to busy for my taste.

Election 8: Striking Vibrant Coleus
Again, I chose the Striking because she seemed to blend better with her traits and she didn't look nearly as busy (cluttered traits) as did the Bright Lup.

Election 9: Camellia Vulnyx
This was a bit difficult for me as well. Vuls are what I started out with on here and I am huge with earth toned colors. Unfortunately I honestly don't think the shade of green that was chosen works very well. I know it isn't your fault and please don't think I am thinking that, but looking at the tail with that creamy color and the green, just puts me off from wanting it.

Election 10: Jewels in Evening River
Again, I have a special place in my heart for the Vuls and with the jeweled wings even more so. I don't like the short bobbed tail on the Leaves version, but other than that they both looked really well.

Election 11: Sparkle, Sparkle Vorpa
Now neither of these are on my list of collections, but having to choose one or the other, I am going to have to go with the Vorpa only because it looks elegant. I don't know if I really like covering up the animals and I really distaste the Morkko Skull gear.

Your Overall Favorite Design: Pollinated Poppy
Now you are being just mean. >.> How can I choose between them?? Ultimately it came down to my two favorite species and the Qita just won out.

Free for Voting on each Election and your Overall Favorite Design
Raffle Ticket 1 for Raffle # 5

Must Critique 1 Design to Unlock 1:
Raffle Ticket 2 for Raffle # 5
Raffle Ticket 3 for Raffle # 3
Raffle Ticket 4 for Raffle # 4
Raffle Ticket 5 for Raffle # 4

Consolation Prize Can I just take the breedings?

Thank you so much for allowing me to take part in helping you pick your designs! I am honored :D Best of luck in all your breeding project endeavors!!
Rabbitaka
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 71
Posted: 5/30/2015 at 6:25 AM Post #35
Your Votes
Election 1: Pretty Dragon Poppy
This design is very nice, i feel the patterns are important and something the other quitari design lacks. The pretty dragon poppy also has bolder, stronger texture than the other one which i prefer.

Election 2: Pollinated Poppy
ooh! I love the traits! They look so pretty! The luxurious locks show off the colours wonderfully and whatever gene that is, it makes a subtle but substantial difference to the whole design. The other quitari is kinda ruined by the warhorse armor, very little detail can be seen as it is all covered. The leopard also doesn't work very well, lacking in elegance.

Election 3: Flowering Apple Blossom
Again, the long mane shows off the colours well and enhances everything. I think circus wear really suits this pastel palette of this theme. The stardust wings make it sorta fluffy like, it's great! The other one is a tad bland and not full enough. The dragon scales also seem to rigid of a mutation for these colours.

Election 4: Fresh hot cross
This one was a tough one!!! I looove the fresh hot cross and the tummy ache one! Please, will you be selling them if you do this? I am 100% interested if you are, it's just too beautiful! ... anyways, sorry. I'll get back to giving feedback so i can get a ticket XD yeah, like i said, beautiful. Perfect use of the colours, shades and beautiful textures and patterns created. Can't really find a fault in the two, just like the first one's traits a little bit more but still love the second one lots. The rainbow doesn't work for me though. I like rainbows, but not on themes as i feel the whole point of the themes is their colour scheme and the design should show those of best. The rainbow just covered it all up with rainbow :(

Election 5: Elegant tiger lily aeridini
That tail really suits this design, more than the lily does. It has more texture and shows the colours better. The Elegant one is also fuller than the beauty tiger lily, the other one is gorgeous but a bit emptier and i'm not sure about the leaf wings.

Election 6: Flowering tiger lily
One again, a lovely show off of the colours of this theme with patterns and texture. The poisonous one just doesn't contrast the colours as well and the skull is quite ugly i find, aside from that it also covers the face which can include some nice gene features. The mane colour also isn't very attractive.

Election 7: Dark chocolate paws
This design is just decadent! It looks like melting chocolate slurring around and i can almost smell it! The shades and texture is wonderful! The ribbon was the perfect mutation. There isn't a lot going on, but that is good, it isn't clattered and is just perfect. The other one has too much on him and looks clattered.

Election 8: Striking vibrant coleus
The other one just looks a bit messy and not everything looks right, some things look a bit out of place and the combination of genes in this colour scheme is a bit awkward at times. Like the crown imparticular, and i don't feel the wings match either.

Election 9: Fresh Earth Vulnyx
I love these designs!! Another really tough choice. tbh, i love both. So no matter which one you decide on (or both? ^^) I would love an offspring, if you're planning to do that. But they are amazing! Both!!!! No flaws >o< But i want a ticket :( uhh... i guess the camellia vulnyx could do with a little more contrast between the pink and the white. I feel that there maybe can be some white parts and pink parts? to contrast?

Election 10: Jewels In Evening River
Man... you're killing me. This is soo hard x.x I loove both ><
I chose the jewels one cause' i have a soft spot for shiny stuff. But the other is super cute and is the perfect example of less is more and how simplicity is sometimes key :) It just had less sparkle and wow and decorations to fill it up so i chose this pretty jewel one. But uh.. i said this a few times >< I'm sorry, but no matter which one you do, if you sell offspring let me know? XD

Election 11: Sparkle Sparkle Vorpa
Whew! an easy one XD Like i said, i like sparkles :P
She is actually super duper gorgeous (let me know if you will? XDDD)
The morkko actually has nice colours for leaf veins but we can barely see it under that ugly skeleton. It's just quite bare with nothing but that bone casing on the outside. I find the bones don't really suit this theme, it doesn't really make sense. the bones might suit like the zombies better XP

Your Overall Favorite Design: gosh, so many The Fresh hot cross

Raffle Ticket 1 for Raffle #2

Raffle Ticket 2 for Raffle #1
Raffle Ticket 3 for Raffle #3
Raffle Ticket 4 for Raffle #4
Raffle Ticket 5 for Raffle #4

Your Preference of Consolation Prizes you would want to win.
orbs or breeding would be nice please :3
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 5/30/2015 at 3:22 PM Post #36
Election 1: Evil Dragon Poppy.
This was a tough call. Each design is a mix of rough/jagged/spiky and smooth/curved/flowing features. Frankly, I don't think either mix works really well. I picked Evil Dragon for two reasons. (1) In the tail, Icicle Mane and Striped Mane really fight with each other. The stripes in the tail "want" to be smooth and flowing, while the icicles lend themselves more to a zig-zag pattern (like Raccoon Mane), which they don't get from the Striped Mane trait. (2) Evil Dragon has golden designs on the wing and golden claws. Who doesn't like golden claws?

Election 2: Pollinated Poppy
I based this vote on a personal prejudice. I really don't like it when I can't see a Sylesti's eyes. Parched Poppy's Warhorse Armor hides the eyes.

Election 3: Flowering Apple Blossom
I'm basically voting against Wilting Apple Blossom here. A Qitari with Dragon Scales looks like it's trying to turn into a Draeyl. This can be a fine look for certain color combinations, but I don't think it suits the delicate pastels of an Apple Blossom Qitari (no offense to people who like AB Qitaries with that trait). For this particular design, I think the scale pattern smashes the pink and green together, which exacerbates the clash between the delicate colors and rough scales.

Election 4: Fresh Hot Cross
Much as I'd like to vote for Rainbow Sprinkles, to me the Dragon Scales kind of clash with the whole concept. As for the Tummy Ache Hot Cross, I understand it's supposed to look spiky, but there's so much going on with it that it's hard to appreciate any of it. Finally, the Faded Scales on the Fresh Hot Cross produce a very nice effect, like a pat of butter melting on top of a bun. I also appreciate this design's visual pun!

Election 5: Elegant Tiger Lily
While both these designs are extremely "busy," the Elegant design's elements harmonize with each other better than the Beauty design's elements. Beauty's Leaf Wings and Lily tails are too similar to each other yet not similar enough; they neither complement nor echo each other.

Election 6: Flowering Tiger Lily
This was an easy choice to make due to my aforementioned prejudice against being unable to see a Sylesti's eyes.

Election 7: Dark Chocolate Paws
For the Dark Chocolate design, the only green is in the eyes, which makes them quite striking. The Heavenly Chocolate design has "smears" of green in other places, which might work for a woodsy look but doesn't really work for a chocolatey look.

Election 8: Striking Vibrant Coleus
The Striking design has an overall "friendly hellhound puppy" look that goes well with all the pink and dusky rose colors.

Election 9: Camellia Vulnyx
I'm not "into" Vulnyxes, but it seems to me that there are plenty of Vulnyx designs, Themed and otherwise, that make use of earth tones. The Camellia Vulnyx's cheerful color combination deserves the attention more than the Fresh Earth's colors do.

Election 10: Jewels in Evening River
The Glowing Antenna really make this design. Also, it's nifty the way the jewels in the wings and collar echo the shine of the antenna ends. I'm a little uncertain about that Clouded Leopard, since it makes the tom look like he is crying. However, that's a minor issue.

Election 11: Sparkle, Sparkle Vorpa
Another vote based on my preference for seeing the Sylesti's eyes.

Your Overall Favorite Design: Fresh Hot Cross
The Hot Cross Qitari Theme colors are not the easiest ones in the world to work with, so this one gets my vote based on the difficulty of the challenge. Also that melting butter and the pun!

Raffle Ticket 1 for Raffle # 1

Raffle Ticket 2 for Raffle # 1
Raffle Ticket 3 for Raffle # 1
Raffle Ticket 4 for Raffle # 1
Raffle Ticket 5 for Raffle # 1

Your Preference of Consolation Prizes you would want to win. If you don't have a preference, that's fine also. Choose between: Avatar Items, Experience Orbs, Random Prizes or 10 Free Breedings with any of my pets.
SheVampire
Level 72
Sylestiologist
Posted: 6/1/2015 at 1:53 AM Post #37
This is still going on
SheVampire
Level 72
Sylestiologist
Posted: 6/2/2015 at 7:50 PM Post #38
This is still going on. Will close in a week or 2.
SheVampire
Level 72
Sylestiologist
Posted: 6/4/2015 at 6:19 PM Post #39
bumping (see first posts)
Khumos
Level 60
Threads: 3
Posted: 6/4/2015 at 9:52 PM Post #40
Alright, by the numbers:

Election 1:
Winner: Evil Dragon Poppy
Comment:
I will always have a special place in my heart for dragons, pie, and all things that fly. I feel that EDP has a greater sense of completeness without being cumbersome. Colors blend together nicely and are distinct enough from each other that one can see where one element crosses atop another.

The PDP I feel does not blend together as well, and the fish scales stand out like an irritated extremity... A sore thumb. I do like the stripe patterns of black and red, but I do feel a different mutation would look better.

Election 2:
Winner: Polinated Poppy
Comment:
I'm not a huge fan of either of these- I'm beginning to blame the fish scales, but I do like the color choices of the Pollinated Poppy over the Parched. I don't have much else to say about these as it's more the choices of genes and mutations that sold me to the pollinated, as I find the gradient color scheme easier to look at than the Parched's polka-dot.

Election 3:
Winner: Flowering Apple Blossom
Comment:
By my personal preference, Flowering wins. I feel it's much more impressive than the WAB. The elements are much more pronounced and it's visually stimulating, leading the eyes around in a pattern from the head down to the tail and back again- or something like that. I don't know, I'm not an art major.

Election 4:
Winner: Rainbow Sprinkles Hot Cross
Comment:
Honestly, I felt like the winner here was mismatched. The RSHC is colorful and daring, while the opposing two are more earthier colors. I like the elements much more here, with my only complaint being the discord between the bright intense colors and the earthy brown of the pattern underneath.

Second place here would be the Fresh Hot Cross for reasons that I don't have to state to anyone. :)

Election 5:
Winner: Beauty Tiger Lily
Comment:
Alright, I LOVE Aeridinis. They are so cute! And they know you love them too! Just look at those eyes! Actually, don't look- they might steal your soul. I digress.

The BTL wins this one for me, and it was no easy choice. I examined them both for a good 20 seconds each in comparison with the 10 seconds I gave the others. They're both good, and honestly the only reason I could make a decision between the two is that I feel that the BTL has better color blends. The skin of the ETL is a bit too dark I think, and because the gene is a much more solid pattern, it looks off next to the color of the belly. Whereas the BTL's lighter shaded pattern works well to give it an even look between the two parts. I see Fall more than Spring though, truthfully...

Or maybe I'm just sexist. That's probably it.

Election 6:
Winner: Flowering Tiger Lily
Comment:
I love this design, and it was an easy choice since I felt little towards its opponent. I really like the color choices, and the black streaks on the orange are very flattering. There's a bit too much black on the face I think, but I'm not sure that there was anything to be done about that. The mane is very pretty as well.

Election 7:
Winner: Dark Chocolate Paws
Comment:
I'm not too big on either one of these designs. The colors are pretty monotonous for both, but I do like the gene and mutation choices for the DCP, while at the same time finding the HCP's choices less enticing.

Election 8:
Winner: Bright Vibrant Coleus
Comment:
I feel like the BVC is much more complete than the SVC. As much as I love the wings of the SVC, I can't help but feel that there's less happening with her than the Bright. I'm not a huge fan of the flares, but I think the greens in the harness make it easier to pass than its appearance in Election 7.

Election 9:
Winner: Camellia Vulnyx
Comment:
This was another hard one. Neither of them spoke out to me too loudly, but I do like the Camellia's coloration better than the FGV's greens and browns. Each element of the CV is pronounced, I think due to the patterns of white and pink. It kind of reminds me of cherry vanilla ice cream, which is delicious by the way.

Election 10:
Winner: Leaves in Evening River
Comment:
This election forced me to go against my love of flying things. Both are pretty, and I like the color choices on both designs, but the Patterns on the LER are, in my opinion, more expressive of those colors.

Election 11:
Winner: Sparkle, Sparkle Vorpa
Comment:
So, watery bears or watery vaporeons? The water colors suit the Sylvorpas much better, and I easily have a bias towards them. I'm not a fan of Morkkos in many contexts, but I feel like this was a mismatched vote. The sylvorpa's cute and charming, the Morrko is intimidating. That's like asking people if they like cats or bears...

To be more specific though, I really like the SSV's color choices. The light blues look nice against the white, and one feels the softness of the colors in their eyeballs. Also, Sparkles.

So who wins overall?
Supreme Winner:

Beauty Tiger Lily Aeridini

I felt that the Beauty Tiger Lily Aeridini was the most complete and visually stimulating design. It has a nice flow of colors from lights to darks, and you never feel lost when you're looking at it. Every element stands out individually while also bringing the creature together as a whole.
______
End

Edit:
I missed the end where I'm supposed to delegate raffle entries.

Any and all raffle tickets I may have accrued will go to:

Raffle 5

And I would prefer consolation prizes in either

or

Breedings

Thank you!
Edited By Khumos on 6/4/2015 at 10:32 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.