Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 6/28/2016 at 1:21 AM Post #51
Chapter 13- Weather or Not I'm an Ally

A lone Ryori wandered the border between the Zolnixi Kingdom and the Banished Lands.
"Why did I sense something strange further up ahead...?" She muttered, clearly frustrated. Something, powerful and tense in the air....something that feels like.....dark magic! That's it, and a whole lot of it too. I sense something else, though. I sense.....happiness, and another powerful entity....-ow!" She said. She'd been so lost in thought, she'd bumped headfirst into a tree. "Ugh..." The pain blazed on her forehead, but soon enough it faded, because she could sense the dark magic again. And this time, much, much stronger.
"Hey, um, are you okay?" A voice asked, behind her. The voice seemed to belong to the potent happiness she had sensed earlier, but in the pain and dark magic, she'd completely lost it.
"Oh! Yeah, I'm fine!" the Ryori replied, turning around. "Hey, do you happen to be part of that prophecy-"
"Yeah, I am." A purple Zolnixi belonged to the voice, cutting her off quickly. "I don't like talking about it, though. My name's Amaria."
"I'm Nebula." The Ryori said. "Though, I'm confused as to why you're not hostile with me. Y'know, me being a Ryori and all...."
"I can sense the happiness in you, and how you fuel it for magic." Amaria confessed. "Someone who does that....they can't be a sinister, plotting Ryori, can they? In any case, my friends are watching me right now," She gestured her tail to a somewhat far off camp filled to the brim with Luporas, and something else that Nebula could sense. "So, um, you wanna come back to camp with me?" For a moment, a very quick moment, Nebula thought she sensed a deep sadness in Amaria's tone, but it was so quick that Nebula could only assume she'd been mistaken.
"Why not?" Nebula agreed. "I have nothing better to do. Say, do you know what that incredible dark magic I'm sensing is?"
"Do you know what the Dark Curse is?"
"O-Of course I do!"
"You're sensing it. Now come on, we have to figure out a battle plan. You with us, or not."
"Wait, you never said there'd be a battle?"
"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to mention it. Yes, there's to be a battle tomorrow. Something else that might interest you, Queen Vasilisa is with us."
"V-Vasilisa?!" Nebula had only ever heard stories of the once incredible queen that got overthrown by her husband, the King. She had been a kind and respectful ruler, one of the most powerful Ryories not to use dark magic.
"Yes, now come. It's getting late."
"I want to help in any way I can." Nebula promised. "Though, will there be time for an illusion or two?"
"Illusion....That's an interesting battle technique." Amaria thought it over. "It could prove useful, though we'll be fighting the illusion makers themselves.
"Illusions are non-dark magic. Most Ryories in the kingdom now should possess dark magic. At most, they'll remember bits and pieces."
"Okay. I'm trusting you on this. We should go talk to Vasilisa and Star."
"I'm coming." Nebula agreed.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 8/11/2016 at 2:43 PM Post #52
Chapter 14- Battle Plans
"Now that everyone's here..." Amaria said quietly. "I need to tell everyone something. It's something I've never told anyone, not even Night, or Frog." Amaria's voice now held more than a tinge of sadness, combined with longing. "I never thought it was a good idea to tell anybody this..." She trailed off.
"What is it, Amaria? You can tell us." Star said gently.
"I-I know.. I just miss them so much." A tear escaped from Amaria's eye. "Frog, Night...." She sighed, then looked up, a new sparkle in her eye. It was a sparkle of passion, a fire. "I'll beat him. I'll get them back. No matter what it takes." She said firmly, then started again. "My mother was a prophet."
"What?!" Nebula exclaimed. "But the last prophet was a Ryori!"
"My mother never told her secret to anybody," Amaria continued. "I believe even my father didn't know about her gift. He died before he ever met me, but...then I got the gift of my mother." She finished.
"Wait...so you're a prophet too?" Star put the pieces together. "No wonder you'd faint every now and again back when you lived with the Starpack."
"Yeah. It feels like so much less of a burden to hold the secret now..." Amaria remarked. "But that's not the end of it, guys. You know my most recent one...just before Nebula joined us? It was...a Qitari..."
"Q-Q-Qitari?" Bolt asked. "B-But how?"
"I don't know how. But she told me that her name was Ceren and that the Qitaries were coming soon. She said to wait."
"Ceren...that name sounds familiar..." Vasilisa commented.
"Yeah. Actually, it does..." Bolt agreed. "But why...I don't think I've ever heard it before...?"
"Me neither. But I feel like I should know." Vasilisa said, thinking. "Like it's important somehow."
"If it's important enough, it should come to you guys." Star replied. "Maybe it's a Ryori folktale or something."
"No, it's definitely not that."
"Guys, important thing here." Nebula said. "Do we wait or attack tomorrow?"
"I vote tomorrow." Star replied. "Many could be lost if we just wait and do nothing."
"I vote tomorrow as well." Vasilisa agreed. "Bolt and I have ensured a clean entrance tomorrow that we cannot guarantee otherwise."
"I'll have to go with my mother on this one." Bolt nodded. "Besides, we cannot ensure Frog and Night will be safe for much longer than that. My father is not a very rational Sylesti."
"I'll have to vote for tomorrow too." Amaria replied. "Frog and Night are my top priority."
"I guess that means whatever I vote we're going tomorrow, huh?" Nebula said. "Well, then I guess I vote tomorrow too, since all our preparations are set for then."
"Then it's agreed we're going tomorrow?" Star asked. "I'll go tell Starpack to ready themselves for battle. If only we had more resources, though. We have barely enough food to feed them all, but then there's the fact we don't have much armor."
"Oh, that is something I can help with." Vasilisa replied. "By tomorrow, your forces will be ready."
Edited By Typhlosion on 8/11/2016 at 3:00 PM.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 8/21/2016 at 5:14 PM Post #53
Chapter 15- Armor
"I'm anxious to see what Queen Vasilisa will have for us." Star muttered, pacing around. Her second in command, a Lupora named Skygazer, was looking at her with concern.
"My Queen, I'm sure it will be fine." He tried to reassure her.
"Yes, yes, I'm sure it will." Star replied. "I just can't help but worry. They have one of our own in there. And they have The Dark Curse. I'm just worried; what if Amaria can't do it?"
"If I may," Skygazer said. "We have to believe in Amaria. She's also one of our own. And if she can defeat the king of Ryories, Vasilisa can take back her throne. Peace will hopefully rule our kingdoms once more. Plus, you can take back your throne. It's what we've been fighting for all these moons."
"This is why you're my second in command, Skygazer." Star sighed. "We'll just have to hope, I guess. Something we'd almost lost before we had Amaria. If anyone can do it, it truly is her."
"My Queen, there's a question I must ask you."
"Yes?"
"When you become a true Queen again, will you go by Star or Andromeda?"
"We'll have to see, won't we?" Star replied. "I am not sure of this yet myself."
~~~
It was well into Midday that Vasilisa returned with Bolt. The two of them seemed like they had nothing on them.
"I guess they didn't pull through on the armor, huh?" Star sighed. She was accompanied by Skygazer, Amaria, and Nebula.
"I believe in the Queen. You guys forgot about illusions, huh?"
"I-Illusions..." Star repeated. "Yes, I've heard Ryories are prominent in that type of magic, if not corrupt, of course."
As Vasilisa and Bolt got closer, their image shifted, and now they carried full sets of armor above their heads using magic.
"Star, we have almost everything going for us. Have a little hope, won't you?" Amaria asked.
"That's what I keep telling her. She's not really listening." Skygazer agreed.
"I can't help it. Hope is such a foreign thing around here. Most sylesties gave up hope so, so long ago."
"All the more reason you can't, Star." Amaria replied softly.
"You should get your troops ready, Star." Nebula advised. "We only have so many hours of daylight left, and nighttime is the element of the Ryories, it'd be more likely for them to win then."
"Yeah, you're right." Star nodded. She looked at Stargazer. "Ready them for armor, Stargazer."
"Of course." He nodded, and padded off to get the attention of all of the pack members.
Vasilisa and Bolt made it to the group. "I hope this will suffice your needs?" Vasilisa questioned.
"It's more than enough." Star replied. "I can't thank you enough for this generous help."
"It's the least we could do." Bolt said. "We have to do everything we can to stop my father from winning."
"Well, we should get ready for the battle. It'll probably be long. Everyone who's going to participate in some shape or form, come." Star said.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 8/21/2016 at 5:14 PM Post #54
Chapter 16- Darkness Envelopes
The darkness enveloped in the kingdom of Ryories. The citizens were now starting to feel the power of the Dark Curse. And every moment, Aether grew stronger and stronger.
"Perfect. Soon the curse will be in full affect." The King said in a dark, hissing voice. "Nothing will be able to stop me then. Nothing." He chuckled darkly.
"Um...King Aether...sir..." A Ryori came in, shaking.
"What is it now?" The Ryori asked angrily.
"Sir......there's a new magic in the air...and it's not that Zolnixi..."
"New magic? How....interesting."
"It's...it's shaping magic...s-sir..." The guard trembled, waiting for Aether's reaction.
"Shapers?! Qitaries?!" He spat out the words as if they tasted terrible in his mouth. "You'd think they'd decide to not meddle again after what happened the last time." He scoffed. "No matter. Not even they shall stop me once the curse is complete."
"Also sir...."
"On with it." He said boredly
"He is here to see you."
"Him........." Aether gasped. "Very well. Let him in."
The King waited as his visitor came in, a powerful Ny'vene cloaked in black.
"It's been a while," Aether nodded as He came in.
"Indeed it has."
"Let's get straight to the point. What is it you've come to talk about?" Aether demanded.
"I've come to ask you to retreat."
"Retreat? Why?!" Aether growled. "We're so close to victory!"
"The Qitaries are coming." He said, his voice gravelly and deep. Intimidating to most. "They are more powerful than you think."
"I can take them."
"No you cannot. If you do not retreat, you will end up losing. Think. We need to strategize."
"You're telling me to give up everything I've fought for especially now that I have the Dark Curse just because of some stupid cowards coming back?!" He hissed angrily.
"Take my advice however you will. But she's back, Vasilisa. And she plus the Qitaries, they'll make that happiness too strong. If you're going to come however, you have to come now. Don't tell anyone. Just come. Are you in?" He asked gruffly.
"She's....back...." For a moment the magic flickered, the dark curse was fading.
"She just wants your throne you know." And just like that, the darkness clouded over him again.
"Very well. I'm coming with you."
"Good choice. Come on now, quickly."
Edited By Typhlosion on 12/2/2016 at 7:35 PM.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 12/2/2016 at 8:46 PM Post #55
Chapter 17- The Retreat
"Uh guys...." Nebula said, trying to get the attention of everyone preparing for war. Nobody listened to her. "Guys?" Still no one said anything. "GUYS!" Nebula shouted, and Amaria and Star turned to look at her. "Guys. I don't feel the Dark Curse as strongly anymore." At that, Bolt and Vasilisa turned around too. "It seems to be....receding...."
"Receding?" Vasilisa questioned.
"Yeah...it's going farther away. It isn't gone...I'm sorry he can't fight the magic...but he is retreating."
"Why would he...retreat?" Amaria asked.
"It isn't like him." Bolt agreed. "To just retre-" Bolt gasped. "It couldn't be Him...could it mother?"
"If he reatreated, it's because of Him."
"Uh...who's Him?" Nebula asked, confused.
"He is a vile creature of deceit. He's as bad as The Dark Curse. If Amaria is made of happiness, he is made of hatred all on his own." Vasilisa replied.
"Oh you mean Him." Nebula gasped. "I thought he disappeared forever?"
"Apparently not." Bolt said bitterly.
"On the other hand, if Aether retreated...we can get Frog and Night...right?" Amaria asked hopefully.
"Probably." Bolt agreed.
"We should still attack then?" Star suggested.
"Yes. We have to get Zolnixxian back." Amaria agreed. "Night and Frog are there. We don't leave behind our friends, Star. Plus...if we get one kingdom, we can be closer to getting Lupelia back, Star."
"So it's decided. We're going through with the attack on Zolnixxian."
"Alright. Get everyone ready guys. We're taking back the kingdom." Amaria announced.

The sylesties marched towards Zolnixxian, a gigantic group of assorted sylesties, with Amaria, Vasilisa, Star, and Nebula at the front. It was a strangely fearsome sight, especially with two former queens and one prophecy Sylesti leading the group. They walked through the illusion barrier, and into Zolnixxian.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 2/27/2017 at 7:02 PM Post #56
Chapter 18- Oncoming Storm
The sylesties rushed through the fairly abandoned streets of Zolnixxian, making their way to the shimmering palace. The palace that had once captivated Amaria in it's beauty; but now it held empty promises, and of course, Frog and Night. She remembered the time they came to rescue her...oh it seemed so long ago now.
"I'm coming guys," she whispered to herself, in formation with Star, Nebula, Vasilisa, and Bolt.
Surprisingly, or perhaps not so much so, the golden leaf doors easily opened, and they rushed into the massive palace.
"Where's the dungeon?" Star asked Bolt.
"Follow me," he said, taking the lead as sylesties behind them split up in formation, combing the streets and the halls of the palace for any lurking enemies.
Bolt lead them down a series of passageways, and soon the wall changed from shimmering marble to freshly quarried stone, and then to old, worn and cracked stone. It was clear as they went, the halls were getting older, draped in less and less riches and tapestries, and more bare, cold stone underfoot. Finally, they reached a dungeon, guarded by a couple of very bored looking Zolnixies.
They both stood to attention, albeit confused attention, when Bolt entered, followed by Star, Vasilisa, Nebula, and Amaria. Their confusion changed to shock, and one of them stammered,
"State your business here."
"Give is the cell keys and get out of the way. Now." Star hissed.
Stammering and trembling, the two Zolnixies made the right decision and let Star through, leaving the rest of her party to follow.
The Zolnixi Dungeons weren't huge, but neither were they tiny. A large room about the size of the main entrance of the palace made up the dungeon, with tiny, cramped cells lined on the walls.
"I...I don't see them," Amaria said sadly, looking for them.
"They have to be here," Bolt said, determined. "They were here a day ago."
"Amaria!" A voice shouted, and it came from a sunset pelted Luffox. "Is that really you?"
"Night?" Amaria asked, relieved when Night morphed back. "Where's Frog?"
"They took him Amaria..." Night replied sadly. "I'm so sorry."
"They...took him?" She'd been so foolishly hoping to see him again...of course the world wouldn't let her.
"I'm so sorry Amaria. They took him and fled." Night said sadly. "They wanted to take me, too, but I'd morphed into a Luffox and they couldn't find me and they had to go..."
"Amaria. We have to go." Star said. "We have to start working on plans to find Aether, Him, and Frog."
"Y-Yeah..." Amaria said with a sigh. "Come on Night, let's go."
"Wait!" Night said, stopping at a cell with a sylesti in it...a youngish Nephini. He was about Amaria's and Night's age, and he shivered as he realized attention was on him. "Please...can we get him out of here too?" He looked at Night with wide eyes. The poor thing looked bedraggled and miserable.
"Of course!" Amaria said, unlocking the cell with the Nephini without a second thought.
"It's okay Storm," Night said calmly. "She's with us." Shivering...the Nephini slowly crawled out.
As soon as he'd left the cell, his whole demeanor changed. Instead of being bedraggled and miserable, his form changed to elegant and graceful. His murky grey scales changed to shining silver tipped with blue and purple shades.
"It's a spell that keeps him and his magic contained," Night explained, her voice a whisper.
"Come on!" Star said impatiently. "The Zolnixi Guard are beginning to come back! Soon enough the Royal Families will be back too. We don't have that much time!"
"Let's go!" Amaria rushed out of the dungeon, following Star out, Night and Storm on her tail.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 6/19/2017 at 7:55 PM Post #57
Chapter 19-
"Quit struggling," the hooded Ny'vene growled at Frog. "You're not making this better for yourself."
Frog shot the Ny'vene, Him, a glare infested with anger, loathing, and despair.
"You really love her, don't you?" He mused. "Or are you in love with the idea of what she is?"
Frog couldn't handle himself anymore. The rage shot out in bursts, and he fought against the sybane chains. His roar of rage shook the earth.
"No one can hear you." He tsked. "Not where we're going."
"Out of curiousity," Aether drawled from his position at the very back of the small group consisting of Him, A couple Ryori guards, Frog, and Aether. "Where are we going?"
"The land is so much bigger than the small part the kingdoms inhabit." Frog could've sworn from under the hood, He was grinning, but not a pleasant grin. One filled with so much vicious malice, darkness emanated off of him in waves. "Where do you think the darling Qitaries ever retreated to? Certainly not a pocket dimension they created.
"These lands are known as the Wild Lands, far away from the Kingdoms, way in the North, They are ruled by one ruler; me." Once again, you could sense the smirk on his face, despite the shadows always covering his face. "That's where we're going. To my palace. I have more potent magic there to make that meddling Zolnixi suffer." He hissed with delight as Frog squirmed with rage. "Now pick up the pace. We all have places to be."
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 11/28/2017 at 7:35 AM Post #58
Bump for now @-@
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 4/7/2018 at 9:07 PM Post #59
Bump cause it's been so very long and I don't want this lost yet DX
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.