Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > April story contest
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zarhail
Level 60
Threads: 66
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 6:24 PM Post #11
Sure, I just didn't want to see you get disappointed later on.
Eurydice
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 55
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 8:11 PM Post #12

This is Alice, a Demon Slayer, and here's her story-
She grew up in a villiage just north of the fierce volcano called Therion. This particular village was a village full of people who looked down upon demon slayers, and their childern. They all wanted to live in peace with demons, and cast Demon Slayers out of the village. But little did they know, the demon slayers were protecting the village from a bigger threat, a giant dragon, named Vermonius, who lived in Therion. And they cast out all of them, including demon slayer in-training, Alice.

'' Why do we have to go?'' Alice asked her father after the third time he's ignored her.

"they just dont know what we're protecting them from, and pretty soon they'll come, begging for us to help." Her father smiled, looking at her through thick lensed glasses

" Why cant you just explain to them that we have been protecting them from Vermonius?" She asked thinking 'why are they casting us out, we did nothing to them!'

" Alice, they fear is, and they wont believe us if we tell them about the dragon, speaking of dragons, hows Erion doing?" Her father glanced down at the light grey and blue dragon hatchling at Alices feet. Erion was a gift from an old demon slayer, who had taken a liking to Alice. He was walking in the woods one day, and found a grey and blue dragon's egg. The egg was taken to Alice, whos loved her lil' Erion ever since.

" Hey Erion?" Alice's heart broke as she took Erion's leash, her Demon Slayer's bag, and a picture of her mother with her, as she slammed the door or her old house.

Alice walked around the woods with Erion and her dad for hours, the faint light of her torch lighting the way. Alice heaved a sigh, as she found a small cave, just big enough for the three of them. A loud roar pierced through the silence of the night, the cry of Vermonius. "DAD! We HAVE to help them!" Alice cried, and she saw Vermonius flying across the sky, headed straight for the village.

"They kicked us out of thd village, its their fault, their problem now." Her father started snoring, clearly faking.

"If your not going then , im going!" Alice stormed out of the cave, with Erion following close behind. About five minutes later she screamed " I cant believe he would turn his back on the village he grew up in!!!" She used her Rune Magic to create wings that she could use to fly. She dove near the dragon's face, and blasted it with an acidspell, and the flesh began to rot away, but Vermonius didnt even flinch. 'How am I supposed to defeat him if my spells arent working!' Alice thought in despair. " Need some help, short stack!" It was the other Demon Slayers! "Alright, maybe we can all use acid spells to rot away his flesh, until he leaves." Alice suggested

" No, that wont work." A demon slayer said, " it loves the bjrning of the acid, we would need to use ice spells, he hates ice."

"Alright then, on three" An elderly demon slayer said " One..."

Alice's mind raced, 'No that wont work! Ice wont be strong enough to make it go away!

"Two... " 'what can I do, what can I do...' A light bulb went off in Alics head, and she shot twords Vermonius and struck him with a sealing spell, but it was too late, the ice curled around her, as if the wind itself, and in a split second, a light flashed, and flames engulfed the ice and water droplets poured down on the demon slayers. Alice looked up, and saw Vermonius, and another dragon staring at her, no at Erion, with fire licking their snouts.

" you must be looking for your daughter." Alice cuddled her dragon, and shouted " Vermonius, your daughters safe, and I would appreciate it if you would leave this village alone."

Vermonius and the other dragon, nodded in understanding, and flew up to Therion hopefully staying there for good.

I hope you liked my story :D thank you for having this contest
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 49
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 8:28 PM Post #13

I'll try to keep this story quick and interesting, no once upon a time because well.. let's just say once upon a time isn't a good way to start this tale.

Damien woke up hearing the sound of a broken radio, a hissing type broken sound. Sitting up he quickly examined his surroundings, hoping that last night had all been a dream.
Everything was gone, his home, his family, even his pet birds that he had found sprawled across the road dead. Why can I bring the dead back to life? He used to ask himself.

It wasn't a dream.. even the bruises were still there on his wrist and through a damp puddle on the soaked ground around him he saw the bruises around his neck. Why do I have to pretend to be someone I'm not?
The memories hurt so much yet they just kept coming into his head quicker and quicker he started crying without noticing the tears escaping his eyes.
He quickly drew himself up and off the cold uncomfortable ground gripping his head as his sight went black for a few seconds.

"Well lookie that lad, he woke up finally." Damien quickly turned around just noticing a older man, probably in his forties to fifties holding a young child by the hand in such a fatherly way it almost made Damien hate his father, almost. How did I not notice them when I looked around? Wow I really must be going blind!
"Does this mean I'm.. accepted?" Damien asked the man almost with a shaky voice, but kept from doing so, his father had always said men don't cry and though he was gone forever Damien still felt his father would notice if he cried.
"Well I guess so, welcome to your true home lad! It's nice to see you again I missed you son!" Oh.

"..so your my real dad then?" Damien asked softly, not wanting to upset the man before him. His other dad always looked so nice, so friendly to everyone with a jolly smile.
The older man gave him a hurt look, as if saying "Now why would I call you my son if you weren't?!"

"Well it's nice to meet you sir!" Damien quickly said, hoping I wasn't saying anything to upset the older man.

"I'm not like your foster father, please don't treat me like him I don't bite I promise." Dad looked at me expressing a truly real happy looking smile, as if happy to finally see me again.

"I've been waiting so long for you to come home, after you were adopted was I only informed you were alive." He came forward suddenly and next thing I knew I was being held in a tight embrace.

"Welcome home son, I'm truly happy your here. Welcome back." he said with a small quick smile.

Two birds flew up to me, ember feathers shimmering in the darkness; though the place was bright with fires and pools of lava it was still pretty dark. And I felt happy, this man before me claiming to be my dad though I just met him had the most sincere smile it was hard to believe even if he wasn't my father that he actually cared.

What you probably think happened before this is probably worse that what it really is. This story could have had a longer story line with a beginning and a true end but here's something short I guess, also I tried adding a message I guess I hope you know what that message is.

Edited By 99echosong99 on 4/3/2014 at 5:39 PM.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 4/3/2014 at 1:58 PM Post #14
I think she means this owl:
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 4/3/2014 at 2:00 PM Post #15
I always thought of that one as a beige owl, plus the blue eyes...

It's nowhere near as golden as the golden raven.
Edited By Zarhail on 4/3/2014 at 2:01 PM.
Jowie
Level 56
Threads: 31
Posted: 4/3/2014 at 5:52 PM Post #16
The Peacock Lady
(I have done 0 research on peacocks or anything else in this fictional story! There are also lots of grammatical and spelling errors. Not based on a true story!)

Day 4:
I love peacocks, and raise them on my farm. Sometimes children come up to the peacocks like in a petting zoo and I keep a watchful eye. One day when this little boy came up to try to grab some of my peacocks. The peacock was named Ren and was the leader and protecter of the others. Ren made himself look as big as he possibly could and towered over the 3 or 4 year old boy. The little boy was not afraid at all and just squilled with delight at the big bird. Then the little boy made the mistake of pulling on the peacocks feathers, I ran as fast as I could out of the house and onto my farm, but I was to late. Ren imediantly pecked the boy in the eye. The little boy lost sight in that eye. At first I blamed his parents who decided to sue me. I believe that they should have had a closer eye on the boy. I pointed this out while at court, but everyone blamed me, they took away my house, peacocks, and shunned me. The worst thing I lost was the peacocks, they were like family. I decided to move, and I joined a peacock fan club, but nothing will ever replace my family. I know my peacocks were sent to a good place, but Im worried about Ren

Day 8:
Yesterday I was reading the news and found that the little boy and his family were moving to the town I live in now. I also heard that my old family were sent to a petting zoo! They killed him. They killed Ren. Ren put up a fight and was seen as to aggressive and they killed him! I must mourn his death now.

Remembering Ren:

Edited By Jowie on 4/3/2014 at 5:56 PM.
Entropy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 27
Posted: 4/5/2014 at 10:23 AM Post #17

I hope my story isn't too long. Or inappropriate. If you find it so I can edit/remove it.

The shadows were thick as ever, laid out across the bare stones as if some fine cloth. It was not a ringing silence that cloaked the room, but the white noise of sound was so monotonous that the soft breathing and faint clinking was barely recognizable. An intrusive scrape soon sounded, and then the thump of footsteps. Harsh metallic clangs came from the only exit of the room. As intrusive shafts of light slithered over the shadows, the singular figure in the room let out a slight hiss, turning their head away as they blinked their eyes rapidly to attempt to clear the bright lines of color in them. They gave the person approaching the barest of glances, eye stretched to perceive this periphery. Familiar as the cool stone, as the thick metals, as the silken shadows, as every aspect of the little cell they called home. The figure couldnt help the barest twitch of their lip. Home. And it really is too, isnt it?

Hello again, fair lady. The entrant let a thick smile stretch the skin of his face, but not shift any of the cool disdain from his eyes. He raised a careless hand to give the singular key on the ring hanging from his finger tips a merry jingle as he let his eyes roam over the site of the figure held captive in front of him. Have you had enough of this beastly enclosure yet, I am still authorized to free you of your bonds. All of your bonds. His smile only seemed to stretch further, the figure turned her head up and around a bit to observe him over her lash line.

You look as well as ever, your lordship. I however must decline your kind request unless the situation has changed. Her voice as it spilled forth from her lips was as calm and even as ever, if hoarse from disuse. The seemingly elastic face of the man above her twisted slowly until it looked every bit a wolf ready to tear apart her fragile frame. He raised a single gloved hand, with every intention to strike before his snarl seemed to intensify and he instead twisted his hand in her shorn and matted locks. She couldnt suppress the wince that broke over her face.

"So mouthy, arent you? You think yourself a fine lady, presiding over your kingdom of filth and darkness? You think that you are above me, above anyone? Youre nothing but a gutter rat at this point, I see no reason your smart little mouth hasnt been broken yet. We dont need you. Her breath came a bit short, and pained as he had been tugging relentlessly on her hair.

If you dont need me, then why am I still here? His fingers suddenly grew clumsy as he retracted them, and suddenly a lopsided stinging took over her face as her vision swam and her mouth grew metallic.
You shut your filthy presumptuous mouth. You are only here because I allow you to be here. I could crush you beneath my heel as easily as any of the roaches crawling about here. She tilted her head up, her eyes shining bright, the only color still seeming to remain on her dirty form. The tatters of her garments showed little of their former finery, but when she straightened herself as far as her chains would allow and looked down her nose at him, she still seemed regal.

I am here because even you know how important I am. I am the only one with the power you need, you cant claim the throne, you cant win the people, and in fact you cant do a single thing without me. You leave me here to rot in hopes that Ill break and do what you want. I will not. I never will. You will be the one to try and preside over a broken useless kingdom. When you are found out, I may be gone. But I know that what I suffer now will be nothing compared to the horrors you face. Her face formed itself into a pretty smile that slowly curdled with malice. The people of my kingdom are fierce, unforgiving, and creative. Your pathetic coup has already failed. I hope you realize the true horrors to come to you. The man stood his face nearly purple over the sickly pale cast of his skin. His jaw worked uselessly at the air until he let out an inarticulate snarl. Such low breeding.

You are wrong, you are wrong! The false magics of your people will buckle under me. A female ruler! What utter nonsense. You are no more important than any scullery maid. I will crush you, I will crush your people, and I will have all! His voice seemed to rise in fever and pitch until it seemed like it would crack like he was a school boy again. He turned on his heel, his expansive cloak swishing about him. Do you hear me, Queen Alarice? He seemed to hurl her title like an insult, but the edge of panic ruined the effect.

You know as well as I do that your time is nearly up, the festival is coming. If I am not there you will be toppled. If I am let free, you will be toppled. Alarice smiled her most charming smile as the door slammed shut with a mighty bang. The shadows draped her once again in their velvety embrace. Soon, yes. Very soon. Her eyes slid shut as her head rested once again on the cool stones, and her breath stirred the air very faintly.
Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 4/6/2014 at 6:19 PM Post #18

My name is Scy. I am the one that destroyed your world.
In the age before the End War, I was a goddess in your eyes. A queen from beyond the sky. It was your worship that drove me mad, with power and superiority. Where I come from, I was no one. Your awe... once I had a taste, I could not help but desire more and more.
In the age before the End War, I was in the peak of my strength. The world shook under my wings, the air burned at my breath. In my arrogance, I turned my strength on your race, thinking those that lived and saw it would only worship me the harder.
I did not expect you to fight your goddess.
I wish I could take all my actions back. From burning your first city to accepting your war. I should have backed down.
But I did not. You raised your might against me, and I obliterated you. All of you. The entire world burned, and I flew through the flames seeking out survivors that I might slaughter them as well. I hunted you like rats, furious because you dared to challenge me.
It was only when the ashes were all that remained that I realized my folly. Even then, it was a proud realization. I had destroyed those that held me in awe. Now I was alone.
My true repentance has taken these many years to reach. The beasts of your world have taught me, slowly, what it is to live with one another. If I respect them, they shall respect me. If I aid them, they will aid me. If I leave them alone, so shall they leave me alone. If only I had known all this before I had destroyed you.
But I found you, at least. And I shall bury you on my hill, with all this restored world in sight. But, before I do, I would ask you something. I have learned, too late, what it means to be human, and I know now what you all meant when you said, "I'm sorry."
I am, genuinely sorry. With all my heart, with all my soul, I am sorry for destroying you. Will you forgive me?
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 4/6/2014 at 6:21 PM Post #19
feel free to write as much as you like, the more the better really :)

it's appropriate as long as it doesn't break the forum rules.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 4/14/2014 at 9:11 PM Post #20

I am a human living amidst animals.

Its only human nature for people to compare themselves to something they are not. To think that they possess keen eyesight, keen intelligence, keen reflexes -- all things that made them unique, particularly animalistic personas. To be free and graceful as a bird, or as calm and calculated as a spider. I rather despised it. It was like people denied their own human limitations and envied the possibilities to be a hybrid of something different, to the point that they start calling themselves sly foxes or devil dogs. It was like the reverse of personification. Animalification.

Nevertheless, complaining about how society copes with people human never actually did anything about it. So I prided myself on being what I knew I was: human. One hundred percent warm blooded Homo sapien, with two arms, two legs, a set of eyes and ears, and the given gift of intelligence. Nothing more, nothing less. Not as fast as a tiger set upon prey. Not as smart as a canine that can do tricks. Not as vicious as a wolf that bared its teeth to others. Just a regular human in the human race.

Alas, the human races one contrasting feature between itself and the rest of the animals is the power of intelligent thought. To actually have more than instincts. Morals and ideas that gave rise to technology and advancement.

Who knew that the human race would use this power to travel backwards, devolving back into animals?

Who thought it was a good idea to splice animal genes with human ones and actually create hybrids between man and animal?
Was it the idea that animals were superhuman, and humans wanted to be superhuman? Did that make sense? Enough to have pieces of bear DNA coursing through human veins and risking some sort of incompatibility for the sake of extra strength?
Was it because pop culture made the idea of cat-girls and mer-people feasible and appealing? To add on unnecessary limbs like fur-covered ears, build on our vestigial tails, and even eliminating our human legs to don scales for the sake of swimming more efficiently?
Was our human race, gifted with the ability to think and advance, fated to destroy itself in exchange for something different?

I didnt sport hatred for people around me, who for one reason or another joined this mentality of letting the animal become them. Some probably were born with disabilities and wished to compensate by becoming part-animal. Some probably paid more than their collateral in life and finances to transform themselves into something better than themselves. Some probably thought that if they did not join this trend of half-human half-animal society, they would become a minority, and even worse, their children would be forsaken in a future full of hybrids.

There is no happy ending to my end of the story. I have yet to find someone who sees humanity as something that should not be tainted or modified to the extent society is taking it. Perhaps I will have no children. Maybe its for the best that I have no children. My child might want to be part-animal too, and maybe say that its uncool being human.
The only thing I can say is that I have embraced being human whole-heartedly. I have no need for the wings of a dragon, the strength of a mammoth, the speed of a hummingbird, nor the regeneration of say a lizard or starfish. Not all limitations were meant for defying or breaking. Id like to think there was a world that could survive hardship as humans. Thats a lifestyle I admire. Pure human will and perseverance is all humankind should ever need.

(The avatar was intended to be a simple human being aha. I was thinking it would be something else, but when I started writing, it kinda delved into a human-centered view.
Also, I kinda give Waycrazy some credit for inspiration. When I was writing this, I started thinking about an RP about hybrids that we were doing. c: )

(also, if I have time, I might do other stories, which may hopefully be more relevant to an avatar lolol)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.