Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > April story contest
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zarhail
Level 60
Threads: 66
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 1:06 AM Post #1
So this is a weird one.
It's just an idea and I'm not sure on prizes yet so if there's anything you think would be appropriate please do let me know.

The rules are as follows:

1. Use the wardrobe to create a a character - you're not required to own the items or styles, just use the preview button, save the image URL and post it in your comment.

2. Then create a story for your character at least 300 words; more is probably better.

3. This is not a contest for the prettiest or most impressive avatar, but for the most interesting and well written story, so do think about what you're going to write.

4. Please make sure I can follow what's going on, I can't read your mind unfortunately.

5. You may post 5 entries at maximum and entries may be edited until May.

6. You are not required to write a character's life story, just a story with them in it, you don't even have to properly explain who they are.

7. Once again, I do grade these on quality of writing, not the avatars.

8. Also, obviously you can only win one prize, regardless of your number of entries.

Prizes

1. two April recolourable items or one item from my inventory
2. one April recolourable item or two precoloured ones
3. April precoloured item
participation prize: 20k gold

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
This will end on the 27th of April.
Edited By Zarhail on 4/3/2014 at 3:23 PM.
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 1:14 AM Post #2
reserved

character example:
(now as you can see it's not quite my avatar, but he looks interesting, doesn't he?)

current accepted entries:

Butterflykisses01
Babaaeyes
Snocone2
99Echosong99
Edited By Zarhail on 4/3/2014 at 8:29 AM.
Butterflykisses01
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 2:09 AM Post #3

Princess Arabella grew up the only daughter of King Ramos,the king of the seas. As her father grew a bit older,he taught his daughter all he knew,yet he still felt she needed a mother to teach her more. He held viewing trials with his daughter by his side. Together they chose a Queen and mother. Little did either of them know she was not at all what she seemed.

Two years quickly flew by and with those years, Arabella seemed to only grow in her beauty and kindness,much to the dismay of the new Queen. Soon,the Queen could no longer stand her contempt of the girl and that very night she hired a Shadow priest to cast a dark spell over the Princess.

At first the spell seemed to have no effect and the Queen grew impatient,then she saw it. A single strand of the girls flowing,golden locks had turned a sickly shade of gray. This pleased the Queen greatly,for she knew that soon this girl would be cast out and she would no longer have any competition.

Arabella felt in her heart that something was wrong,her thoughts turned sinister and vile,her hair was changing,her eyes were changing. She felt herself slipping away more and more each day,becoming something inhuman as the weeks passed.

She became reclusive,never leaving her room and never looking into a mirror,terrified of what she might see there. Then everything fell apart,her world crashed and burned when her father came to check on her well being.

Alarms were raised and she was ran from her childhood home.

She had become what she had always feared....a Monster.

Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 3:55 PM Post #4

Mother Nature needed a new world to give life to, or try and make earth with life again, the age of the dinosaurs had stopped a long time ago because of a comet, now she needed to try to make life on the planet again, . So she began to work her magic, hopefully, it would work on this planet again if not, she would search for another planet to make life. She started to make new plants and animals to inhabit the planet, the planet would still be called earth of course, but new creatures would live there. After Mother Nature was finished, she left for a very long time, seeking out other places to make new life, after all, that was what she did.

Thousands of years later, Mother Nature came back to earth to see how earth was getting along. She came back to find humans, and intelligent species, and lots of other beautiful creatures, which she basically had created herself. She disguised herself as a human, and then went to see how everything was. She met nice people, some bad people, and looked at all the plants she had created, she even played with animals. Mother Nature was very happy for the life she had created and decided to stay for a while.

One day, while Mother Nature was out playing with animals, she used her magic to make herself an animal, finding out she could do this, (She hadnt known she could) She could feel animals points of view. However, this did not last long. She was playing around as a squirrel one day, when a hunter shot her, not knowing she was Mother Nature. Mother Nature didnt exactly leave earth, she stayed behind in the spirits of animals, not to return to earth again, now shes out making more life for planets beyond our stars.
Edited By Babaaeyes on 4/2/2014 at 4:29 PM.
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 184
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 4:01 PM Post #5
Reserved :D I'm so excited! No one ever holds story contests! Bummer for this English major, concentration in creative writing, with absolutely no other artistic skills~ But yay!
Edited By Selestial on 4/2/2014 at 4:01 PM.
CaptainKat
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 187
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 4:12 PM Post #6

Like all stories there must be a beginning and an end so thus let us begin the tale of another sappy love story. This tale revolves around a small town hidden among the snowy mountains of Aliba. Every year would mostly consist of snow expect for the short time of summer heat which lasted for approximately one month. Though it wasn't always like this no it used to be there was no summer at all....

An old man sat against an old lamp post as he waited for the person who may change everything....(shall add more to it later xD)
CuddlyFierc
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 179
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 6:12 PM Post #7
I cant do pictures but wish I could enter can I write a description of my character?
my character is similar to my avatar accept with an golden owl and branch wings eyes are more blue
brown hair as brown as tree bark skin more peachy and that is basically it. her name is Fauna

Once opon a time there was a not so young or old child named Fauna she loved animals and hanging in the forest but here mom told here to stop that. For she could get killed by a wolf or bear Fauna payed not attention to her mom and went to the forest everyday. Onetime she climbed a tree to help a fallen bird from the nest get back to the nest when she spotted a wolf she climbed as fast as she could just then the baby bird fell down the tree ''Oh No!'' she said she thought for a moment save the baby bird and die or let the baby bird die she had to think quick very quick then she decided she went down the tree and saved the bird the wolf came running toward them it knocked unto something invisible and lay on the ground she looked at the bird. "Thank you'' said a voice. ''What'' Fauna thought then she relived it was the mama bird.
''You talk?'' She asked ''oh were not normal birds.'' ''True'' said all the babies the mom bird gave her the flowers now on her head and everytime she looks at them she remembers the birds when Fauna came back to her house here mom was there ''where have you been ?'' She asked "'in the forest'' she replyed
''oh Fauna '' she said and lets end this story now about 8 to 10 years later she got married. The birds came also and well they lived happily ever after the end thanks for reading
Zarhail
Level 60
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 6:14 PM Post #8
I don't think I can accept that entry.

it doesn't meet the minimum word requirements either, there also aren't any golden owls as far as I'm aware.
Please try to stick to the rules
CuddlyFierc
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 6:15 PM Post #9
ps my story is horrible and there are no pictures I should not get the full gold or not at all so I am just doing my story for fun but it would be nice to win
CuddlyFierc
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/2/2014 at 6:16 PM Post #10
I get it but it was worth writing the story I like it
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.