Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 43
Posted: 8/19/2022 at 9:29 AM Post #81
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=8#77
Author: Larkian
Time Posted: 8/18/2022 at 9:34 PM
As you turn back toward the main path, the hoofbeats continue to grow closer. Within seconds, you can see the silhouette of the horse and its rider, though you can't make out much of their features. As they draw nearer to you, though, instead of thundering past, they begin to slow down. There's a saying that riders on the Albatross Line never stop until they reach their next destination, though, what with how you're standing in the road in the middle of the night with no village in sight for at least a few miles, you probably are a fair cause for curiosity.
Eventually, the horse comes to a stop some distance from you. In the moonlight, you can make out that the rider is a woman with reddish hair, her steed a pure white, but you can't quite discern her expression as she calls out, "What're you doing out here at this hour?"

"Im just a passing traveler. I didnt want to face the things in the forest, so I decided to just keep moving for the night." She crossed her arms and tried to squint to get a better look at the ladys face.
Whiterosealliance
Level 72
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 14
Posted: 8/19/2022 at 1:31 PM Post #82
Alright :D

You probably should, unfortunately :( I almost got arrested for mine

Would you mind if I changed his weakness to vulnerable to wayward spells?

Just think it would be a little more interesting that way
Edited By Whiterosealliance on 8/19/2022 at 1:33 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 8/19/2022 at 3:27 PM Post #83
Yep, I'll go ahead and change it!

(A moment of silence for the evil apple mafia)

Hmm...dare I annoy by bestowing upon you the true name hindrance?
Edited By Larkian on 8/19/2022 at 4:02 PM.
Whiterosealliance
Level 72
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 14
Posted: 8/19/2022 at 5:26 PM Post #84
(*Mourns for them while loudly sipping apple juice out of a straw*)

It's not going to annoy me, bestow it.

I gotta ask though, are they aware of their weakness from birth, does it have to be their full name, and how can other people tell if someone has that hiderance? Like if he tells someone his true name, do they just automatically know they can give him a task now?
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 8/20/2022 at 12:00 AM Post #85
For most of the weaknesses, they're pretty much just traits that you figure out as you grow up lol so they're pretty much a part of life like anything else. For your name, however, you don't necessarily know exactly what it is, but you kind of have a vague notion/feeling that telling someone your name would give them some sort of advantage or at the very least carry a lot of weight. And it's pretty much common knowledge that names are significant when it comes spirits and stuff, so you tend to figure it out eventually.
Yeah, you can feel the power that they have over you, and if they say your name even without giving you an order, you just know that if they did give you an order that you'd have no choice but to carry it out. (Also, if they pass your name onto someone else without telling you, you'd still know that it was given to someone else, and you'd be able to recognize the person who was given it if you happened upon them.)

Woohoo lore
Edited By Larkian on 8/20/2022 at 12:00 AM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 8/20/2022 at 12:27 AM Post #86
(Yayy it's still Friday for me lmao)

~~~

When you awake, you the first thing you notice is the sound of rain pounding on your rooftop. And, judging by the volume, it's nothing near a drizzle, either. Despite this, though, it's not the rain that woke you, but rather the ringing of the town bell. There's only one thing such a bell can mean--that traders have arrived.
It's been a longer period than usual since the last traders arrived, and most in Hanne are no doubt more than looking forward to doing outside business. Before long, you know from experience, the quiet morning will be disrupted by chatter and bustle, though you're not sure how exactly it's going to work in this weather. Despite trading day being a huge, townwide event, you've never really had the time or freedom to experience or even see much of it for yourself, instead often watching from far away or hearing about it long after.
But today, you realize, things are different. Without an annoying family member to watch over, you might, for the first time, be able to properly partake in the excitement, maybe even swap a favor for a trader's wares if you're lucky. If your plan is to experience what the world has to offer, the town's biggest event seems like it would at least be a start.
Edited By Larkian on 8/20/2022 at 12:29 AM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 8/20/2022 at 1:03 AM Post #87
(Will find a ref pic later)

Observation check succeeded

The woman has her horse trot closer to you, having apparently gauged you to be less likely to be a threat, though she doesn't dismount, so she towers over you. You realize that she's not wearing the uniform coat of an Albatross rider, but instead a cloak with a hood that doesn't quite cover her hair but casts her face into shadow. Though you can see her expression more clearly, there's something...odd about her eyes that you can't quite put your finger on. Perhaps it's the fact that they're yellow, but that doesn't seem to be quite it. At her side hangs what you assume is a sword in its sheath.
She regards you warily. "Shouldn't you be tired by now? There's not much that can get to you if you sleep near the road and don't disturb anything..." Her gaze lands on the path through the field right beside you, and she turns back to you, frowning suspiciously. "Did you come from there? Or were you planning on taking it?"
Edited By Larkian on 8/20/2022 at 1:05 AM.
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/20/2022 at 11:38 AM Post #88
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=9#87
Time Posted: 8/20/2022 at 1:03 AM
(Will find a ref pic later)

Observation check succeeded

The woman has her horse trot closer to you, having apparently gauged you to be less likely to be a threat, though she doesn't dismount, so she towers over you. You realize that she's not wearing the uniform coat of an Albatross rider, but instead a cloak with a hood that doesn't quite cover her hair but casts her face into shadow. Though you can see her expression more clearly, there's something...odd about her eyes that you can't quite put your finger on. Perhaps it's the fact that they're yellow, but that doesn't seem to be quite it. At her side hangs what you assume is a sword in its sheath.
She regards you warily. "Shouldn't you be tired by now? There's not much that can get to you if you sleep near the road and don't disturb anything..." Her gaze lands on the path through the field right beside you, and she turns back to you, frowning suspiciously. "Did you come from there? Or were you planning on taking it?"

"I sleep a lot during the day. And no, I didnt come from there. It sort of just appeared and looked creepy so I wasnt really planning on touching it. What about you? I thought you were and Albatross rider at first, but your cloak is a lot different than that." She stared back up at the lady, trying to look as confident as she could.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 8/20/2022 at 6:30 PM Post #89
(Pinterest: surely you are looking for pictures of genshin impact characters)

~~~

"Oh. Er..." she stammers slightly at your question, discomfort flashing across her face for a second. "No, I'm not with the Albatross Line. Wouldn't have been the first time I've been mistaken for a rider, though." She swiftly swings her legs off the horse and hops to the ground beside you. You realize that she's nearly the same height as you and probably not much older, though she certainly exudes far more confidence. She reaches for her sword as she goes to inspect the path, being careful not to set foot on it. "Wise choice. This doesn't seem like a natural pathway."
There's a sudden shing sound as her blade flashes through the air not two inches from your face and decapitates the stalks of grass next to the path. Nothing happens for a moment, and then you hear the same scissors-and-cloth sound you'd heard earlier as the path in the grass suddenly closes up, new grass suddenly growing to take its place. Within seconds, it's disappeared, with no sign that it'd even been there in the first place.
Edited By Larkian on 3/18/2023 at 10:32 PM.
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/20/2022 at 8:35 PM Post #90
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=9#89
Time Posted: 8/20/2022 at 6:30 PM
(Pinterest: surely you are looking for pictures of genshin impact characters)

~~~

"Oh. Er..." she stammers slightly at your question, discomfort flashing across her face for a second. "No, I'm not with the Albatross Line. Wouldn't have been the first time I've been mistaken for a rider, though." She swiftly swings her legs off the horse and hops to the ground beside you. You realize that she's nearly the same height as you and probably not much older, though she certainly exudes far more confidence. She reaches for her sword as she goes to inspect the path, being careful not to set foot on it. "Wise choice. This doesn't seem like a natural pathway."
There's a sudden shing sound as her blade flashes through the air not two inches from your face and decapitates the stalks of grass next to the path. Nothing happens for a moment, and then you hear the same scissors-and-cloth sound you'd heard earlier as the path in the grass suddenly closes up, new grass suddenly growing to take its place. Within seconds, it's disappeared, with no sign that it'd even been there in the first place.

(You know, most of my friends play genshin, and that just reminded me of me going to one of their houses and he was just like "I bought a Diluc body pillow. During our conversation on how weird a lot of the body pillow covers are.)
"Well, that looks fun. A path that swallows you up inside." She crosses her arms before going over what the lady said in her head again. "And on second thought, it seems you decided to try to swerve my question earlier. I'm going on an adventure, and yet I have no idea what youre doing this late at night. Especially now that I know you arent part of the Albatross line."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.