Players 2,302 355
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,266,492 1,761
Generated 656,507 8
Captured 1,191,815 490
Bred 6,418,075 1,263
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Winter Festival - 3 Visible Griffi
Page 7 1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Snowblossim
Level 75
Snow Wars Mastermind
Threads: 52
Posted: 12/18/2021 at 3:41 PM Post #61
Early Morning Griffi

(Based on a specific image of some light filtering through and creating a beautiful, quiet scene in the snowy sky)
Killgraves
Level 44
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/18/2021 at 10:32 PM Post #62

This is my design. He is inspired by snow falling in the night. I love both winter and night so I figured I could try and combine both of my likes into his design as well as make it fit with the prompt. I know it's not the best representation, but I do love his design.

Good luck to everyone else participating!
Catnesia
Level 75
Premier Brewmaster
Threads: 3
Posted: 12/18/2021 at 10:56 PM Post #63

My inspiration was the Yule Cat. The Yule cat is an Icelandic Christmas folklore. Legend has it it visits anyone who doesn't receive new clothing for the holidays.
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 12/18/2021 at 11:33 PM Post #64

Frosted Dawn Griffi ^^
Fyrebloodkit
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 11
Posted: 12/19/2021 at 2:20 AM Post #65
Christmas Wintermint Candycane

when i think winter, i think of candycanes, and one of my favorites is Wintermint(the green ones) and that devolved into the frequency of hearing "Silver and Gold", that particular song, while enjoying said candycanes and thus it inspired this Griffi. Red, green, silver, gold, and white. plus, she turned out the way i wanted and is glorious!

Lyonid
Level 74
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/19/2021 at 1:02 PM Post #66

Based on Baba Yaga's Hut on Chicken Legs!
Dolphinheart1
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 12/19/2021 at 1:46 PM Post #67
Crystal

This is what I imagine (I live in a place where it never snows) what a snowscape would look like right when the sun is coming up.
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 12/19/2021 at 5:17 PM Post #68

This boy is based off of reindeer, specifically the magic glowing ones that can fly :)
Edited By Frostfire on 12/19/2021 at 5:17 PM.
Authoress13
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 4
Posted: 12/19/2021 at 8:25 PM Post #69
This Griffi has a simple yet fierce design inspired by the Snow Leopard!
Winri88
Level 71
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 44
Posted: 12/20/2021 at 2:43 AM Post #70
this is my Griffi
she is inspired by Advent and here is an explanation for what it is

What Is Advent?
Advent is a period of spiritual preparation in which many Christians make themselves ready for the coming, or birth of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Celebrating Advent typically involves a season of prayer, fasting, and repentance, followed by anticipation, hope, and joy.

Many Christians celebrate Advent not only by thanking God for Christ's first coming to Earth as a baby, but also for his presence among us today through the Holy Spirit, and in preparation and anticipation of his final coming at the end of the age.

Advent Meaning
The word advent comes from the Latin term adventus meaning "arrival" or "coming," particularly the coming of something having great importance. Advent season, then, is both a time of joy-filled, anticipatory celebration of the arrival of Jesus Christ and a preparatory period of repentance, meditation, and penance.

The Time of Advent
For denominations that celebrate the season, Advent marks the beginning of the church year.

In Western Christianity, Advent begins on the fourth Sunday before Christmas Day, or the Sunday which falls closest to November 30, and lasts through Christmas Eve, or December 24. When Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday, it is the last or fourth Sunday of Advent. Thus, the actual season of Advent can last anywhere from 22-28 days, but most commercial Advent calendars start on December 1.

For Eastern Orthodox churches that use the Julian calendar, Advent begins earlier, on November 15, and lasts 40 days rather than four weeks (in a parallel to the 40 days of Lent prior to Easter). Advent is also known as the Nativity Fast in Orthodox Christianity.

Denominations That Celebrate
Advent is primarily observed in Christian churches that follow an ecclesiastical calendar of liturgical seasons to determine feasts, memorials, fasts and holy days. These denominations include Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican / Episcopalian, Lutheran, Methodist, and Presbyterian churches.

Nowadays, however, more and more Protestant and Evangelical Christians are recognizing the spiritual significance of Advent, and have begun to revive the spirit of the season through serious reflection, joyful expectation, and through observing traditional Advent customs.

Advent comes from the Latin word meaning "coming." Jesus is coming, and Advent is intended to be a season of preparation for His arrival. While we typically regard Advent as a joyous season, it is also intended to be a period of preparation, much like Lent. Prayer, penance and fasting are appropriate during this season.

Advent is not as strict as Lent, and there are no rules for fasting, but it is meant to be a period of self-preparation. The purple color associated with Advent is also the color of penance. The faithful should fast during the first two weeks in particular and receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

The color of the Third Sunday of Advent is rose. This color symbolizes joy and represents the happiness we will experience when Jesus comes again. The Third Sunday is a day of anticipatory celebration. It is formerly called "Gaudete" Sunday; gaudete means "rejoice" in Latin.

Finally, Sundays during Advent, just as during Lent, should not be given to fasting, but instead to celebration because we celebrate the resurrection of Our Lord every Sunday. It is important to remember, however, there are no particular rules for how the laity should observe Advent.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.