Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > The Hunger Games!
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Silverwood68
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 9
Posted: 5/15/2021 at 10:42 PM Post #1
The Sylestian Hunger Games

The Reaping has arrived. You, your friends and Sylesties of every species, gather in the town square of your district. Some of them have travelled many miles to be here - not by choice, of course.

Ahead of you, on a temporary stage erected just for this purpose, stands a Lupora. Beside her sits a large crystal bowl, from which you know two names will be drawn.

Welcome! And greetings. I am Twilight Lily, and I am the new host of the Hunger Games for the foreseeable future.

Two of you will be leaving here with me to be the next participants in the Hunger Games. Shall we find out who?

------------

What is this?
This is an active participation game based on the Hunger Games that you can enter your pets into. This does not use the online generator! Rather, it's based on stats, traits, some maths behind the scenes, and logical reasoning.

How does it actually work?
Okay, to give a quick rundown, entered pets will be faced with random challenges and each other. Species, traits, stats and elemental alignment can all change the outcome of any encounter. For example, agility stats will allow a pet to climb a tree to escape a flood, the pet with the highest combination of strength and health wins in a battle, intelligence yields better traps, wings can be used to fly away, Ryori won't be bothered by the night, and other such things. Pets can train to boost their stats, compete for sponsors, form alliances and more.

Are there prizes?
Yes! They have their own post for more information, but every pet earns a participation prize of 500 gold, unless they win another prize.

How do I enter?
Scroll down a bit to find a form. You'll need to fill it out for every part, including the personality section to help inform your pet's reactions to various situations.

------------

Well? What are you waiting for? Come on!

------------

Index
Prizes
Game Outline
Districts
Sponsors
Donations
Form
Ping List
Notices/Updates
FAQ
Suggestions
Hall of Victors
Tributes

Edited By Silverwood68 on 5/16/2021 at 11:31 PM.
Silverwood68
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/15/2021 at 11:17 PM Post #2
Prizes

I suppose some of you may need some motivation to hand over your pets... Very well, here are the prizes for the current round.

Victor

Dancing Koi Bulbori

Themed (purebred), 1-carried, 1-visible

Grim Rose Ryori

Themed (purebred), 3-carried, 1-visible

Philter of Amnesia x1

Most Kills

Zombified Qitari

Themed (purebred), 2-carried

2nd

3rd

Everyone

Edited By Silverwood68 on 6/16/2021 at 7:54 PM.
Silverwood68
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 6:59 PM Post #3
Game Outline

1) All 24 slots are filled and entries for the round close.

2) Sponsors for the round are uploaded, including what they will be looking for.

3) Training begins, pets will have three opportunities to train a stat of their choice. This includes the Training Store, where you have the option to choose to buy boosts to training. After this, some pets will be contacted by sponsors.

4) The Parade begins. Images of all pets will be uploaded and anyone who finds the thread can vote for two pets, not including their own, based on aesthetic appearance. Some pets will be contacted by sponsors based on votes, but also based on other criteria such as matching trait sets, amount of traits, or Themed pets.

5) The Bloodbath begins. Every pet will randomly receive 1-4 items of varying quality from the Cornucopia. Pets with sponsors will receive an extra item based on the sponsor's power. The Item Store will open and will stay open until the end of the game, where you have the option to buy an item for your pet. In extreme cases, these items can be lost, broken or stolen.

6) The game continues through day and night cycles until the Feast, or an Arena Event.

7) The Feast begins. Every pet will have the option to go to the Cornucopia for free items and supplies, however they will run the risk of coming into contact with other pets.

8) The game continues through day and night cycles until someone wins, or an Arena Event.

9) Winners are announced and I will be contacting people to collect their prizes.

Extras:
- An Arena Event may be called at any time and has no specific place in the outline.
- The Feast begins when there are only 12 pets left.
Edited By Silverwood68 on 5/20/2021 at 7:41 PM.
Silverwood68
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 7:02 PM Post #4
Districts

Each District comes with a bonus that will be put on top of your pet's existing stats.

District 1: +500 Health, +10 Strength
District 2: +200 Health, +10 Strength, +2 Intelligence
District 3: +20 Intelligence, +10 Dexterity
District 4: +5 Intelligence, +15 Dexterity, +100 Health
District 5: +15 Strength, +10 Agility
District 6: +20 Agility, + 100 Health
District 7: +10 Dexterity, +10 Strength, +5 Intelligence
District 8: +20 Dexterity, +100 Health
District 9: +10 Intelligence, +15 Strength
District 10: +10 Agility, +10 Strength, +5 Dexterity
District 11: +15 Intelligence, +10 Strength
District 12: +20 Strength, +10 Agility
Silverwood68
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 7:03 PM Post #5
Sponsors

There are two opportunities to earn sponsors.

1) Training
2) The Parade

Each sponsor will be looking for different things in pets, which will be explained when the list of sponsors goes up at the beginning of each game. A sponsor can sponsor multiple pets, or may sponsor none if no one meets their criteria.

Sponsors come in three power levels.

Low sponsors will grant an uncommon item during the Bloodbath and the Feast. They can save a pet from death once.

Medium sponsors will grant a rare item during the Bloodbath and the Feast. They can save a pet from death twice.

High sponsors will grant an epic item during the Bloodbath and the Feast. They can save a pet from death thrice.

What does it mean when a sponsor saves a pet?
- Pets need food, water and medical supplies if they are injured. If it happens that your pet can't find water, food, poisons themselves, gets an infection, becomes ill, are severely injured or any other issue that would kill them, their sponsor can send them the solution.
- They can also potentially save your pet from an Arena Event, though it depends on the event.
- They cannot, however, save your pet during a battle.
Edited By Silverwood68 on 6/11/2021 at 5:22 PM.
Silverwood68
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 8:07 PM Post #6
Donations

This game can become expensive to run and is very labour-intensive. I try to cover costs using the Training Store and Item Store, but I don't like pay-to-win games so I've limited myself to only these two stores.

If you enjoy this game, please consider donating! Pets, gold, items, anything you can give is welcome. You'll get a shoutout below, unless you specifically ask to remain anonymous. If you're unsure about donating something, either ping me here or PM me.

-------------

Thank you to those who have already donated:
Dancing Koi Bulbori - ToxinNotFound
Grim Rose Ryori - ToxinNotFound
Candle Wax Bulbori - ToxinNotFound
Dawning Equinox Faelora - ToxinNotFound
Oriole Zolnixi - Skylarky
100K gold - Skylarky

Edited By Silverwood68 on 5/16/2021 at 11:06 PM.
Silverwood68
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 8:24 PM Post #7
Form

So, you're the one who's had their name pulled. C'mon, legal states you need to fill out this form.

-------------

You can enter a maximum two pets unless otherwise stated. Once you have entered a pet into a game, they cannot be entered into a later one.

Please ping me when you submit your forms.

-------------

General Information:
Username:
Pet name:
Link to pet:
Pet species:
Pet attunement*:
District:
Updates ping list**: Y/N

Pet Personality:
Temperament:
Fight, flight or freeze?
Lover or fighter?
Friendly or loner?
More likely to betray allies or not? (Scale of 1(never)-10(always))
How well do they cope with anxiety-inducing situations? (Scale of 1(very poorly)-10(very well))
How do they act when extremely desperate?

Signed (user ID):

-------------

*You don't need to actually attune your pet to the element, just choose one
**Everyone who enters a game is automatically pinged for all updates to that game, then removed once it is done. People on this ping list are pinged for ends of games, as well as general updates.
Edited By Silverwood68 on 5/16/2021 at 11:34 PM.
Silverwood68
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 11:11 PM Post #8
Edited By Silverwood68 on 10/13/2021 at 8:20 PM.
Silverwood68
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 11:14 PM Post #9
Notices/Updates

A running log of the most recent updates to forms, gameplay etc.

Silverwood68
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 11:16 PM Post #10
FAQ

None at the moment!

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.