Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Easter Event - Create an Easter Egg...
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 4/4/2021 at 3:11 AM
Traditional Easter Egg Contest
The object of this contest is to decorate your own Sylestia-Themed Easter Egg!
This is the Traditional Easter Egg Contest!
There is also a Digital Contest, which can be found here.
1. You must submit ONE entry of a decorated Easter Egg. You are allowed to use pretty much any physical mediums for the egg (such as clay, Styrofoam, plastic, etc).
2. Your submission must be Sylestia themed in some way.
3. You must provide a minimum of 3 separate pictures of your creation/decorating process along with your Username and 2021 Easter Event physically displayed somewhere in each picture. Here is an example of how this should look:
You do not need to post them in a grid like this. I just did this to save space.
A Player Guide on How to Upload Images
4. You must actually be the one to create your entry! While assistance is fine, you cannot simply have someone else create your entry for you and then claim credit. If you are tracing an image for your entry, you must have been the one to originally create that image (Unless what you are tracing is a Sylestia asset, such as our pets, avatars, monsters, etc)! The main point of this contest is to have fun and be creative. So just do your best and have fun. =) We want to see your creativity!
5.Please do not reserve posts. Only post when you are ready to submit an entry. If your entry is still ongoing, you may post early with the progress that you currently have and edit your post as you finish.
6.Please do not ping me unless you have a specific question or concern that I need to address. Thank you.
7. The due date for submitting your entry is by the end of the 2021 Easter Event.
Everyone's submissions will be judged by Faiona and I where we will select First, Second, and Third place winners based on creativity, effort, and appeal.
Have fun and enjoy!
Edited By Krinadon on 4/4/2021 at 3:13 AM.
Posted: 4/10/2021 at 4:12 PM
Beaded easter egg, (crys as it broke half way through)
So I tried something new, I had a beautiful beaded bowl from mexico and always wanted to try and do the technique.
1. Got egg blown and seed beeds, wax (use bees or molding)
2. Got started with sketch and coatded with wax, The process is simple but oh so delicate!
3. Pressing beads into design and heating to set, this is pains-taking work, took me quite a while to master Lots of hours popped into this, a bit like x-stitching.
4. Was all done design and starting on pattern when SMASH! My Needle must have hit a weak spot, egg just shattered in my hand,(Heart breaking) all that was intact was the design I had done.
So sad at this point as it was going nicely, unfortunately I have run out of time to finish. I Have a lot of appreciation for the art technique now (seen masks.. those are seriously undervalued!!!) Maybe next time I'll go find a plastic or wooden egg, will take the pressure and heat better than real egg :(
Are you sure you wish to delete this post?
Are you sure you wish to restore this post?
Are you sure you wish to report this post?
Go to Top
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.