Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Spring Festival - Avatar Item Desig...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 4:46 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding an Avatar Item Design contest for the 2021 Spring Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design an Avatar Outfit for the Spring Festival. Please use the following bases to draw your avatar items on.

Male Avatar Base
Female Avatar Base

The following can be included all in one entry for avatars:

1-3 Avatar Held Items
1 Avatar Outfit
1 Avatar Head Item
1 Avatar Back Item
1 Avatar Wings
1 Avatar Background Item

2. You must draw the items on the avatar base. In case your drawing skills aren't great then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your avatar items. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. Avatar Items submitted must be Spring Themed. This means anything to do with the season, such as any holidays that occur within the season, weather, etc.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.

6. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different. If you feel someone has "copied" your design, do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread.

7. You may only submit ONE official entry. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your avatar item ideas. However, all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

8. The end date is March 28th, 2021 at 11:59 PM server, after that, there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.

Note

I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as a reference. Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! =)

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items as well a [Peerless Avatar Token]. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize that will include various Festival Supplies.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.

All Participants

Prizes: [Fabled Seed Pouch] x1, [Premium Fertilizer Bag] x2, [Box of Gardening Supplies] x1, [Large Basket of Enrichments] x12, [Decorated Eggs] x500
Edited By Krinadon on 6/17/2021 at 7:15 PM.
Amanitan
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 4:55 PM Post #2
I tried to create digital art of a set I call Quail Monarch.

The set would include

Quail Monarchs Robes
Quail Monarchs Wings
Quail Monarchs Turban
Quail Monarchs Cape
Quail Monarchs Companion
Quail Monarchs scepter

This is the male art

This is the female art

The squiggles on the wings, companion, turban and robes are mean't to be the outline of feathers but I am bad at digital art so that is what came out. They should have a black bottom with a variety of colors in the feather. The companion is basically a Pet Quail. And the turban should have a quails topknot pinned to the center of it with a large gem. The scepter which is not pictured should be shaped sort of like a elongated quails topknot with a large gem in the center of the top of the center. The cape should look like its sewn out of large feathers

For alternate color schemes, I would like to perhaps see them be based off of different quail varieties or species.
Edited By Quailking on 3/12/2021 at 3:18 PM.
Lunadove
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 174
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 5:02 PM Post #3
Do I need to put my ideas on both bases or can I just choose one?

(found a bit of an error,
when you said this:

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items as well a [Peerless Avatar Token]. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize that will include various Winter Festival Supplies.

I think that it should be this:
All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items as well as a [Peerless Avatar Token]. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize that will include various Winter Spring Festival Supplies.

but I am not sure, that's just small things I found while reading through it all)
Edited By 04lunashadow on 3/9/2021 at 5:07 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 5:07 PM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97136&page=1#3
Author: Lunadove
Time Posted: 3/9/2021 at 5:02 PM
Do I need to put my ideas on both bases or can I just choose one?

(found a bit of an error,
when you said this:

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items as well a [Peerless Avatar Token]. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize that will include various Winter Festival Supplies.

I think that it should be this:
All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items as well as a [Peerless Avatar Token]. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize that will include various Winter Spring Festival Supplies.

but I am not sure, that's just small things I found while reading through it all)

You can do either or both. It is entirely up to you.

Generally though, we try and make each variant a little different when it comes to Outfits. So if you want to provide your design input for that rather than solely leave it up to us, then I'd suggest doing a different Outfit for each base.

But you do not have to.
Valeriem205
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 62
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 6:04 PM Post #5
Did you mean to say that the participation prize will include Winter Festival supplies? Just wondering to make sure.
Fantasizing
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 15
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 6:26 PM Post #6
Yayy, it's almost spring again! It's my favorite season (finally going outside again is great and I love all the flowers), and I've been waiting to re-submit this design because I love it dearly uwu

Presenting the teaparty set!

Avatar Held Items: Party attendant (and cup)
Avatar Head Item: Rosy fascinator

A lot of the spring outfits are (of course :P) flower and animal themed, so I thought I'd stick with that :) And garden tea parties are perfect to organize in the springtime, not too hot or cold and with beautiful vibrant plants to look at~ With a bit of Victorian/steampunk lolita fashion elements thrown in because I look forward to being able to wear cute dresses again instead of, like, 5 layers of sweaters lol.

Edit: made the male vers! Changed the March hare palette in the end because it looked weird haha. This one also matches with previous spring fest sets, bonus~

And just for fun, the rabbit palette on the male outfit

Didn't have time to draw it, but I imagine a flowery garden + party setup as a background ^0^

(I know it's pretty obvious these are inspired by Alice in Wonderland, but since the book is in the public domain and these are original designs for the characters, I thought that would be ok. I picked these characters because they attend an unbirthday teaparty in the book :> )
Edited By Fantasizing on 3/29/2021 at 5:46 PM.
Lemonberrytea
Level 65
The Tender
Threads: 77
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 7:43 PM Post #7
Name: Bunny Maid

https://imgur.com/Q4v9FvQ
https://imgur.com/g0MBVbW
(Hopefully I'll get around to adding the pictures into here.)

Description:
It's a bunny maid outfit that includes; the outfit, the ears with flower crown, the bunny held item, and the bunny tail . The picture isn't too badly drawn. The feet are meant to be a bunny's feet. I also can't draw flowers, but I tried my best for the head item.
Edited By 23burroughsk on 3/13/2021 at 8:00 AM.
Startingle
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Threads: 16
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 7:43 PM Post #8
Budding Dawn Flower Set Includes:
Held Item: Dusky Flower Bud
Outfit: Dawn Flower Vine Shirt
Head Item: Dawn Flower Vine Wrap

~<3~
Budding Dusky Flower Set Includes:
Held Item: Dusky Flower Bud
Outfit: Dusky Flower Vine Dress
Head Item: Dusky Flower Veil
WingsOfAmber
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 34
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 7:48 PM Post #9
Not a lot of time, so I just want to get this rough concept in before I forget. Lucky Lamb Outfit and hat and Unlucky Puffadore Held. If I find time I will come back and refine it.

Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 7:52 PM Post #10
Rose Guardian~ Did this in like a 15 minute frenzy lol.
Rose Guardian's Regalia
Rose Guardian's Hair Clip
Rose Guardian's Greatsword

The things on the blade and their arms and belts are thorns, and the flowers are roses. :) The hair is part of the head accessory - I was thinking a curly style. Long and short can be both male and female? Rose guardian's tiara (displayed on female) and rose guardian's hairclip (displayed on male). Or could be consolidated into one - rose guardian's headpiece. idk
Other helds could be staves or rose bouquets. Maybe even a little flower sprite?
Example Color scheme: Rose Guardian [Rose]
Edited By Hiraeth on 3/17/2021 at 11:50 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.