Forum Index > News and Announcements > Nytekrie Revamp Announcement
Page 7 1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 17, 18, 19 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Sugarrxoxo
Level 61
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 12
Posted: 2/6/2021 at 10:20 PM Post #61
Personally Nytes were my least favorite due to their apperance. But now with the revamp I honestly am willing to get one
Vineyiea
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 187
Posted: 2/7/2021 at 7:29 AM Post #62
I didn't think of this, but Faeyla is right. The ice wings is one of my favourite traits, but a lot of my nytes have an m3 trait already. Plus this is true for any trait that is being split up and moving to m3 or m1. Its really going to mess up some of my favourite nytes, and the project I'm doing.

Edit: I just checked and most of my project nytes are affected since I've been actively breeding for icicle wings and tribal armour. Both traits I was looking for the body covering and wings. Now I will have to completely change my project since they are sculpted themed and I have m3 is most pets already it was annoyingly the easiest to breed for even though I didn't like it.

This also goes for m1 also since most pets have bone collar and that will cancel out a lot of the favourite traits that are being moved there. For people that are doing projects all they will be able to choose is the head trait of the trait they were actively breeding for.

I think that if people have certain traits (m1 and m3, plus a regen trait in m2, or just either m1 or m3 plus a regen trait in m2) they should be able to pick any of the traits from all three (or two) of the slots. This will fix most peoples problems with losing traits they were actively breeding for with all the changes in splitting most m2 traits up.

For example:

M1: locked in
M2: can choose
M3: locked in

could choose any trait from all three slots (6 trait points to allocate to any older traits in M1,2,and 3)

or

M1:locked in
M2: can choose
M3: open

could choose from any trait in M1 or M2-or the M3 part of the original trait in M2 (4 trait points to allocate to any older traits in M1 or M2, or the M3 part of the original trait)

The above example would also work if M3 was locked in and M1 was open.

I understand that you don't want a complete regen (which I totally get, and don't really want either as it would damage the nyte economy), but doing something like above would really help those of us who have been breeding and collecting themed nytes for a long time. While you might have 6 trait point nytes available-it would be limited since it would only trigger if they have a regenable m2 trait-and a m1 or m3 trait locked in. Having the M1 or M3 slots open, or with them having a split up regen trait also (in the case of m1) wouldn't trigger it. It would only matter if one of the traits was already locked in with a regenerable m2 as well. Having the M1 and M3 traits locked in wouldn't matter if the pet doesn't have a m2 regenerable trait. So those pets wouldn't need to be triggered for a regen.
I'm not worried at all about G1,2,and 3 since the changes aren't anywhere near as drastic as the m2 traits being split up-but I'm definitely worried about a lot of my nytes with the m2 changes and only being able to pick the part of the trait you want depending on other traits already being locked in (which most of mine are).

(sorry for the long essay that I've been constantly editing as new thoughts came to me lol)
Edited By Vineyiea on 2/7/2021 at 10:51 AM.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 2/7/2021 at 10:23 AM Post #63
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96534&page=6#60
Author: Faeyla
Time Posted: 2/6/2021 at 9:10 PM
Now that I have had some time to wrap my head around the changes and look at my favorite traits, I am a little concerned about one thing. The fact that any of the current m3 traits will lock down the new m2 traits, is going to leave me with a lot of pretty ice birds without the ability to get the new ice wings.

What I love about the current ice trait is the ice wings. Not having that trait available because the pet just happens to have any of the current m3 traits (traits I would honestly rather lose over the ice wings), doesn't seem particularly fair. I understand splitting traits up makes things difficult, but it would be nice if you had a choice of all the new split trait options and not have an option locked by some other random trait that you may not even want.

Agreed if I'm understanding the rules right. I breed for 6V projects so the majority of mine are boned.

Would prefer the option to forego hundreds of petals/stardust and bone/moon armor to keep the m3 and m1 traits in line with what I actually want - the (currently) M2 features. It isn't like I have a particular love for any of the M1/M3; having them was just a matter of clearing 6V. I'd much prefer the full mutation sets as broken mutation lines are always an OCD irritation to me. If ice armor is in 3 pieces, I want all 3 ice armor. Otherwise to me the pet is just a wreck of random traits and the project aspect is no longer complete; I'll have to fix it. (And currently I don't have time for that, new baby and all.)

It's also going to be a major loss if hidden recessive traits are just wiped out of the equation. Hardest traits to get as visible just removed from the pet? So much for those restricted lg traits I have as hidden / carried but would be overtaken.

Feels like, once again, the more work you put in before revamp the more your projects get screwed over. Starting over with traits for me would mean starting over with stats. YEARS of work and dozens upon dozens of stats philters... And when it comes to superstats? Each generation bred reduces their wildstats further which diminishes the projects final value; breeding for traits after the fact is impractical since the wild stats will be long gone by the time I tie the mutation sets back together.

(And as an avid breeder I would argue that stats and superstats pets are basically the only pet economies that have a chance to thrive since they take a financial investment to accomplish. Stats factors aside, I also find it impractical to compare the economies species to species. Popularity of the species, visibility and popularity of the traits on the pet, and quality of design colors will always come into play. Just because we have a large population of players who for whatever reason believe everything should be practically free and sell pets as such, that doesn't mean a good-looking, proper project will be sold cheap as well, and usually those DO have a higher, more realiatic pricetag. If anything I see regens as a potential to raise the realistic end of the pet economy since it encourages project pairings for quality pets to sell rather than dishwater messes. Doesnt mean the dishwater masses won't exist, but there will be more options for the quality end of the market. But that's just my view on the topic.)
Edited By Xavion on 2/7/2021 at 7:00 PM.
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 96
Posted: 2/7/2021 at 10:39 AM Post #64
I have to say that I agree with Fae and Vine. I have several projects for nytes where I'm breeding for tribal armor. While I don't mind not having a wing trait, since flower petals or stardust would lock it, and they didn't really have anything on the wings currently/before. I however, don't want to lose the head trait, since that would defeat the purpose of having tribal armor at all. I would have to start all over with any projects and a few are quite far along, as well as only having one starting pet with tribal for some projects.

Having the option to choose in a few cases would be nice. For example: I have 6vis enchanted nytes with the mutations being moon armor, tribal armor, and lucky dust. If I read the information right, I would only be able to have lucky dust in M2(which is fine since I wanted that one), and then moon armor would be locked for M1. I would only be able to have the tribal in slot M3, which is the head piece. The enchanted nytes were my second project and it would be very upsetting if they would be stuck like that. I would have to start over or just scrap the project all together.

If I could just have M1 and M3 open, with the only choice being tribal or moon for M1, and tribal only for M3, would be a great improvement and wouldn't completely ruin my projects. If it was possible to do of course. If that's not an option, then I would have to think long and hard about scrapping my second ever project or finding where I would have to start breeding again.

For genes, I'm not too fussed about those. I like all of them and in pretty much any combination. I'll work with whatever regens for me~

I could also just have read the information wrong and I would have a choice since both tribal and moon are being split it looks like. Lol
It's just the fact that a lot of my single tribal armor breeding starters are exclusive, so I can't add a trait to them. My tamed I can deal with since they can be mutated. It's mainly the armor I want to have, for some I want the head piece too, but the armor is the main part of the trait I love. Losing it would hurt, a lot.

Edit: Ah, just saw Xav's post. Must have been working on it as I was doing this one. I also want to know what happens to LG restricted traits. I was finally able to get a couple with the two(currently) new traits vis. Is that gonna be moot now? It seems pointless to have even tried to get them if I'm just gonna have to fight even more to get all parts of the mutation visible on a tamed. :/
Edited By Aerimistress on 2/7/2021 at 10:42 AM.
Willekieker
Level 74
Trickster
Threads: 46
Posted: 2/7/2021 at 10:47 AM Post #65
good lord I used to love nytes in spite of their..

anyway, these may have gone from "kinda meh but I have a sentimental attachment to them so" to second or third on my list of species! These are truly excellent.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 2/7/2021 at 1:33 PM Post #66
Looks awesome! Well done :)
Aquadragon8
Level 18
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 2/7/2021 at 2:17 PM Post #67
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96534&page=7#61
Author: Sugarrxoxo
Time Posted: 2/6/2021 at 10:20 PM
Personally Nytes were my least favorite due to their apperance. But now with the revamp I honestly am willing to get one
Yeah I'm pretty much the same
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 2/7/2021 at 5:53 PM Post #68
Now I'm wondering a couple more things.

If I have two visible images of a nyte pair, as on my spring fest thread, and posted prior to 2/10 (today's Sunday 2/7)..

Will they auto-update to the new set when the revamp goes live?

Using my Darwin's Finch Nytekrie theme as an example, which uses FF/HH/GG/BB/CC/DD..

G2, HH Partridge, would move to G1, which conflicts with my current G1, FF Zebra Finch AND my G3 (GG Fairy Enchantment).

M2, CC Cockatoo Crest, would swap with M3, DD Spring Blossoms.

I would have to pick out a new G1, G2, AND G3!

Basing the theme on this image, what would the best gene selections be?

This, of course, is only for show in my spring designs thread, so I would love to see how the colors would change on both the new lineup and a potential secondary trait set.

Edit: G3 GG Fairy Enchantment is used to showcase A1, EFA477, with secondary choice BB Tribal Runes (which is being split into a 4-trait set).

Likewise, M3 (DD Spring Blossoms), showcases A2, B1A192, with secondary choices CC Lucky Dust (moved to M2 with DD Spring Blossoms) and M3 AA Stardust, which is ALSO moving to G2.

*also yay nyte gets irid as new trait like vorp and it's in g3 too as II (vorp has it as DD)*
Edited By Uieaoeia on 2/7/2021 at 6:05 PM.
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 53
Posted: 2/7/2021 at 6:11 PM Post #69
With the way the image generator works, the traits on a posted design will change to whatever the new code has assigned it to. If your design's G1 is FF, image generation will only take the FF into account and display whatever the newly assigned trait is in FF (Petal Markings, in the G1's case). This is the same reason why you can see something like Rainbow Mech Wings on old lupora images - Feathered Wings used to be CC, but once the old code is overwritten CC results in the display for Rainbow Mech.
I'd say you can't really tell what the best trait selection would be at this point in time; you'll just have to experiment with the generator after everything's implemented.
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 2/7/2021 at 7:09 PM Post #70
So it would be G1 Petal Markings/G2 Fairy Enchantment/G3 Rosella/M1 Bone Collar/M2 Lucky Dust/M3 Moon Tiara?

2 of those are new (g2/m3).
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 17, 18, 19
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.