Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2020 Winter Festival - Gingerbread House
1, 2, 3, 4
Go to Page:
Posted: 12/14/2020 at 4:38 PM
Build a Gingerbread House
The object of this contest is to build a real life Gingerbread House using edible materials! This is not a digital contest, so no digital entries. You can't eat pixels.
1. Your Gingerbread House must be built by using any type of food.You are not required to use gingerbread. You are free to use crackers, other types of bread, chocolate, candy, etc. However, you must use real food in this contest! The small use of non food items (like toothpicks) are allowed to improve the structural integrity of your submission. They must be used sparingly though and it must be obvious that your submission consists of actual edible materials.
2. When building your Gingerbread House, you must take at least 3 pictures of the process with your Username and "2020 Winter Festival" physically visible. Here is a link to last year's contest for reference:
2017 Winter Festival - Build a Gingerbread House
3. When you are finished with your entry, come back to this thread and post it here.
A Player Guide on How to Upload Images
4. You must create your entry on your own! You cannot have someone else build your Gingerbread House for you, although having some assistance is perfectly fine and reasonable. All submissions must also be brand new; you cannot use previous submissions. Lastly, please try and come up with your own unique designs. Obviously, using a kit is okay to do and those will probably be similar because kits are generally universal. What I am referring to would be copying someone else's previous design from a past contest and redoing it as your own, as some of you have come up with some pretty awesome unique designs in the past.
If you have never created a Gingerbread House before, here are some handy tutorials to get you started:
Link 1 (Offsite)
Link 2 (Offsite)
5.Please do not reserve posts. Only post when you are ready to submit an entry. If your entry is still ongoing, you may post early with the progress that you currently have and edit your post as you finish.
6.Please do not ping me unless you have a specific question or concern that I need to address. Thank you.
7. The due date for submitting your entry is by the end of the Winter Festival. Please refer to the eventual Overview thread for this final date. Please note, this contest is being posted early, so no Overview thread is available yet.
All submissions will be judged by Krinadon and Faiona. We will announce winners for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Everyone who submits a valid entry will be awarded nice participation prizes including the Title: Gingerbread Architect.
Above all else, have fun! These contests are just meant to be fun. =)
1st Place Winner(s)
Prizes:2,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Winter Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic) x2, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x3
2nd Place Winner(s)
Prizes:1,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Winter Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic), [Philter of Trait Disruption] x1
3rd Place Winner(s)
Prizes:500 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Winter Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic)
Edited By Foxelemantalspirit88 on 12/14/2020 at 4:57 PM.
Posted: 12/14/2020 at 5:52 PM
i made mine outa poptarts but- hehe i ate it-
Posted: 12/14/2020 at 6:29 PM
oh... I just finished eating a gingerbread house ;-;
Posted: 12/14/2020 at 9:55 PM
I shall be back when I make one
Posted: 12/14/2020 at 10:32 PM
Ok been working on this today xD I have a plan to one day move closer to/gather my two best friends i met on sylestia Niverus and Alicehearts. They are both amazing
So cue weird katt stunt xD i made our future homes in sugar work xD
Silcone molds i got from amazon for my project xD
Added food dye to water
Added water to sugar and glucose sugar
To the stovetop we go
Boil away my pretty yus yuss
Poured the sugar work into the molds
aww trees broke
Out of the molds
Ok time to start next house
Mixing dyes for my perple house
Thats not purple <.< what happened toffee?
2/3 houses done
Ok last one trying to get a pretty sky blue
Oh no not feeling confident about that blue
Its looking green...
Oh come on lol
Ok so made a half batch of toffee to help stuck them together xD
I found that laying them like this helped them stick xD
hehe you can see where i have been putting the pieces in
All 3 together with our fishing pond
Time to decorate them some. I have some mixed sprinkles i found in the cupboard
Red and gold go nicely together
This one is a little harder to see
alice house. So pretty
I hope you enjoyed my entry
Edited By Kaitt on 1/24/2021 at 9:31 AM.
Posted: 12/15/2020 at 8:03 AM
https://postimg.cc/Q9hXP00C here is mine! It's not very big but it's cute :)
Posted: 12/15/2020 at 10:16 AM
I missed the deadline last year and was kinda bummed that no one got to see it, so I hope it's okay that I put up my previous entry as a placeholder :')
The Astronomer's Island, made from gingerbread, chocolate and vanilla cake, and marzipan, with sylvorpas swimming around the island~
Posted: 12/16/2020 at 1:15 PM
Unfortunately, due to the global health crisis, I didn't want to go out shopping for fancier materials, so, instead I used items I had on hand from around my house. Hope you enjoy my..... House Boat! :DD
First off, the ingredients shot. Don't worry, the penguin is just supervising ;P
We have the beginnings of a banana boat in a sea of apples! The banana didn't quite 'split' like I'd hoped, but I made due~
A cracker house/cabin has been added, along with a peanut butter paint job~
What's this?! orange segment sharks! Poles have also been added~
To finish it all off, I added plank detailing to the cabin.
Here's another angle.
This was a lot of fun, albeit, I had to get a little creative with the limited supplies I had on hand. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's entries! :D
Posted: 12/19/2020 at 9:01 AM
Okay, here's mine! I'd never made a gingerbread house before and I'm self-quarantining so I can see my family at Christmas, so I couldn't go to the store to get candy canes etc. The only icing bag I have doesn't have any tips that fit it, so I was limited to a very thick line that I couldn't control very well.
Here is my gingerbread zoo! Happy holidays!
Starting and cutting out the animal shapes with a knife, since I only have a few cookie cutters:
They look fine baked!
What a mess!
The finished zoo:
The reptile house with Mr. Alligator, the elephant and zebra enclosure, and the petting zoo with a few visitors:
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
Are you sure you wish to delete this post?
Are you sure you wish to restore this post?
Are you sure you wish to report this post?
Go to Top
This Page loaded in 0.018 seconds.