Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2020 Winter Festival - Gingerbread House
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Mysticmcknight
Level 48
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/20/2020 at 1:38 PM Post #11
Mysticmcknight - 132915

During this difficult year, somethings we have had to do on our own

Others, we are blessed to do them with family

From Fyrebloodkit and myself, I wish you all a happy, healthy holiday season and a better New Year!
Fyrebloodkit
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 11
Posted: 12/20/2020 at 1:38 PM Post #12
Season's Greetings

Things have been tough this year for a bunch of people.
Working alone can sometimes feel like a struggle.

But together as family, we can make some really awesome things together!

From my family Mysticmcknight and myself
To your family Sylestia

Happy Holidays and happy new year <3
Bassarid
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Threads: 24
Posted: 12/20/2020 at 2:15 PM Post #13
My first ever gingerbread house! Made of biscuits, mostly. Also bc I am a dummy, I wrote winter festival 2020 instead of 2020 winter festival, I hope it still counts.

So, the base is a Carlsbad spa wafer and the house is made from two kinds of biscuits.

Trees! They are made from ice cream cones and green food colouring.

Edible glitter to hide some of the icing residue! Also to make trees shiny.

If you try hard enough, you can stack white chocolate coffee crisp balls into a snowman. The windows and door are made from white chocolate sugar icing.

This is the house's good side! The snowman's face is dark chocolate sugar icing.

The front of the house! There was a glitter mishap, which I covered up with icing, but that looked weird, so now there is a heap of powdered sugar snow! It also has a black licorice cat, which was the only halfway realistic animal sweet I could find. Also I like them. Unfortunately not super fotogenic, but here's a slightly more detailed close up:

Edited By Bassarid on 12/20/2020 at 3:34 PM.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 12/20/2020 at 8:00 PM Post #14
This year I decided I wanted to try out a few things I had seen that looked really cool. I ended up making two smaller houses so I could try different things on each of them.

Starting to roll out the gingerbread dough

First time playing with Isomalt. Added some blue gel food coloring.

First house (sans door). "Painted" the house with sprinkles. Cut shredded wheat in half and layered them from the bottom up on the roof to make it look like a thatched roof. Really happy with how it turned out even though I made a complete mess in the process.

Onto the second house. Doing the roof by melting hard candy in a mold made out of foil.

Did this house out of sugar cookie dough so I could try marbling the dough

Originally was going to try making windows with crushed candies, but realized that I should have put the candy in part way in the baking process otherwise the cookies would get really burned (see the front piece). So, did isomalt again, this time with red coloring. And the roof turned out nicely.

Second house done

Both houses waiting for landscaping

And complete. I made the pathway the same way as the roof of house 2 and the pond was made from extra isomalt that I used on the windows of house 1. I also made a tree to try and hide the burned area on the front of house 2. House 1 got a fence made of red licorice glued together with royal icing. House 1 has a simpler one of gumdrops.

Overall, this was a lot of fun and I learned a lot in the process.
Moonweaver
Level 64
Threads: 34
Posted: 12/21/2020 at 7:23 PM Post #15
List of ingredients:
-Club Crackers
-Frosting
-M&M's
-Sprinkles
-Cardboard (for ceiling and the 2 falling walls)
-staples (for cardboard
-Popsicle Sticks (hidden; help support crackers)

I forgot to take pictures in the beginning, so I hope these are okay:

(The time I remembered to take pictures but forgot my paper; Two of the walls kept falling so we had to use cardboard and stick crackers on for 2 of them)

(Finished house front view)

(Finished house top diagonal view)

Because of the pandemic I didn't go out to buy ingredients and just used what I could find ^^" The roof was originally supposed to be just cracker but I accidentally frosted the wrong side and then it was too heavy...
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 12/22/2020 at 5:03 PM Post #16

Fresh baked gingerbread!

Time to assemble:

All assembled! Time to decorate!

All decorated! Used mini m'n'ms for the lights, white choc melts to create the roof scalloping with snake lolly and marshmallow rails going around the bottom of the house.
Pixiemoon
Level 63
The Perfectionist
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/24/2020 at 6:37 PM Post #17

Step One ::: the parts

Step Two :::: the build

Step Three ::: Finished
Front View
Close up details
Back view

*working on it, imgur shut down before i could get the correct links for the other pics ....coming soon !
Edited By Pixiemoon on 12/24/2020 at 7:23 PM.
Thorn344
Level 70
High Priest
Threads: 18
Posted: 12/31/2020 at 5:44 AM Post #18
I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Since my mum got some baking stencils to make patterned gingerbread houses earlier in the year, we decided to make some gingerbread (or in my case seasonal spices instead of ginger) houses, which luckily happened to coincide with this event, which was cool.

First, of course, is baking the gingerbread for the houses

Next came building up the house, with lots of icing sugar icing to keep it all together

Next came decorating it. I have never decorated a gingerbread house before, so I apologise if its a bit rough looking

Now for the final product, with pictures of each of the respective angles. I annoyed my mum by insisting on getting some coloured icing instead of just white, so I hope you like it!

Front view, with my little alien gingerbread men:

Side view

The back:

And finally the roof:
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 1/4/2021 at 12:25 AM Post #19
Qitari Stables & Stable hand

Right, three disclaimers:
1. Quarantine, I could not get many of my usual supplies, as such I raided the corner store, I also had to reuse old cookie cutters as the only location besides corner store (groceries store) had limited supplies.. no deer cut out and sold out of just about everything :(
So.. got inventive. Santa has unicorns/ Qitari now kiddos.
2. Not as fancy or as big this year, not as many people to eat this thing and I'm trying keto so.. didn't want to kill my kiddos with sugar XD
3. I did this for my kiddos first, sylestia has made this a family tradition XD so it will be made snow, hail or sudden power outage lol.
(Very curious is anyone used my posted recipe, it is 100% quarantine friendly! Tested myself)

1. Getting started, made my own template.. yes I do that every year, Thank you Drafting 12 class and there is my home made gingerbread.

2. Baking, didn't all go as planned, but turned out OK.

3. Decorating commences, I discovered it is easier to decorate parts of the sides before putting together, that way large candies don.. slide or fall off walls :P

4. Commencing construction! Actually my photo of just the four walls kinda was very er corrupted so this is farther along

5. Almost done! mmm so much chocolate...resisting!!! Unicorns are watching you from stalls :P

6. All done, food trough full of runts candies, rock path set and stable hand hard at work! that is a very judgmental unicorn/Qit... don't worry Sammy taught him a lesson (nom nom nom)
Edited By Dragoil on 1/4/2021 at 12:26 AM.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 1/7/2021 at 1:39 PM Post #20
first time ever that i have made a gingerbreadhous ^^ and i made mine vegan (only the decoration chocolate pearls on the roof and the eyes and nose of the snowmen are milk chocolate, becaus boyfriend don't like pure and he needed to be abel to eat it as well XD )

for those intrested in a vegan recepie, this is the one i found and used (just be carefull with the spices... it was to much ginger for me X'D https://www.addictedtodates.com/vegan-gingerbread-house/ )

one extra with a bit of natural lighting XD
Edited By AliceHearts on 1/19/2021 at 3:08 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.