Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2020 Black Friday - A Very Strange Thank...
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Shadowized
Level 75
Leaf Bender
Threads: 98
Posted: 11/26/2020 at 3:51 PM Post #11
"Welcome, welcome! There is plenty of food for all and a seat at the table for whoever needs one. Happy Thanksgiving!"

Here are a few things we made for this wonderful occasion! (Note that nothing is fully cooked except in the very last picture.)
First up, the traditional stuffing!

Next up is the candied yams!

Then my favorite, pea salad!

Last, but certainly not least, a cherry pie for dessert!

My plate was full and I hope everyone here had a full plate as well. Mr. and Mrs. Alien had seconds and even took home left overs! Happy Turkey Day!
Edited By Shadowized on 11/26/2020 at 3:53 PM.
Oiseau
Level 75
Lurker of the Depths
Threads: 88
Posted: 11/27/2020 at 7:23 AM Post #12
First up, a nice pumpkin spice cake!

Get all your ingredients

Mix em all together

....and curse the oven for not heating evenly :/ oh well, still tastes good

And boom! a nice frosted pumpkin spice cake

Now, let's get started on a cherry pie

Crust first!

Cherry filling at top crust

And here it is!!

Okay, now to try and *look* healthy, let's make a fruit salad next

Get your fruit

Mix in some greek yogurt and marshmallows (yeah yeah, not fully healthy, but whatever)

And make it look presentable!!

There we go, 3 rather unhealthy but tasty items for the visiting aliens. Hope you enjoy!
Pirana
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 151
Posted: 11/27/2020 at 8:59 AM Post #13
Fruit Salad:

Chopped Up Sweet Potatoes:

Boiling Potatoes

Scalloped Potatoes (Also Made Mashed Potatoes With The Boiled Potatoes But I Forgot To Get A Picture Since My Family And I Were A Bit Behind On Cooking This Year):

Candied Yams. Or As It's Known In My House, "This Weird Thing My Mother Insists We Have To Make Every Thanksgiving Even Though No One Likes It":
Edited By Pirana on 11/27/2020 at 9:07 AM.
Brightice
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 11/27/2020 at 9:24 AM Post #14
Welcome, visitors! Happy Thanksgiving! Here are some of the recipes I made yesterday. I had pictures of two other recipes but they turned out gross so I decided not to post them (gross as in didn't taste good, they looked fine--I was by myself this year and decided to try some new recipes).

First, a sweet potato pie! I tried a new pastry recipe and Did Not Like, but the pie itself was good.

Second, biscuits from scratch! Eat 'em with lots of butter.

And finally, let's make cookies! These are a family favorite and we'll make enough to drop off at relatives' houses since we're not doing a Thanksgiving get-together this year:

Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 11/27/2020 at 11:29 AM Post #15
Welcome, weclome!

First up on our menu today are fresh baked honey-butter rolls. First, we must give them time to rise.

Looks perfect and ready to bake!

Baked to a beautiful golden brown.

For our first side dish, how about some sweet potato casserole? For this we have to start by boiling the sweet potatoes.

Mash together, add some brown sugar and marshmallows on top, bake until the marshmallows brown. Delicious!

For our second and final side dish, green bean casserole. We start by mixing the green beans and cream of mushroom soup. Personally, i like to add a few bacon bits in as well.

Now we top with crunchy fried onions. (Also, meet my kitty Luna. She wanted to help)

Bake until hot and crispy. All done!

Hope you enjoy!
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 11/27/2020 at 3:27 PM Post #16
So, my husband wanted to make a vegetarian meatloaf for Thanksgiving and I wasn't about to dissuade him from cooking. Fortunately, we had enough side dishes that I was able to get three items.

Deviled Eggs

Roasted brussel sprouts and broccoli
Brussel sprouts cut, tossed in olive oil and salt and ready for the oven

Out of the oven along with the broccoli

Chocolate Cream Pie
My first time making a chocolate cream pie and it turned out great
Crust ingredients

Crust baked and chocolate filling made and ready to be added

Slice of pie with whipped cream added

Everything together (sans pie, that was for later)
I decided to use my Christmas plates since they were the only festive plates I have.
Lostinthyme
Level 75
The Fortuitous
Threads: 5
Posted: 11/27/2020 at 3:29 PM Post #17
\o/
We're gonna start with dessert first--we have:

Apple crisp!

Pumpkin pie!

And finally a thanksgiving casserole, thanks to the pandemic requiring some changes to our normal meal. The stuffing is a secret recipe, so y'all'll just have to make do with the pictures of pre-cooking assembly :p

Malas120
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 174
Posted: 11/28/2020 at 4:07 PM Post #18
Alright, so we didn't have our usual big gathering for thanksgiving this year. All the food came from our one house, and it all tasted delicious!
So this is the stuffing before we put it in the oven. I made the cornbread the day before but forgot to take a picture of it. o3o

The ingredients for the macaroni and cheese along with the steps.

The final pic of macaroni and cheese looks awesome!

I made green bean casserole as well, got pictures of that. First I made the cream of mushroom ^^

Then I blanched the green beans and got ready to put it all in the oven.

The finished casseroles, one of my brothers is allergic to wheat so I had to make one without the fried onions on it.

We got pictures of the spinach casserole, my dad's favorite. I only helped out a little with that one o3o

The final product, this baby went on the grill with the turkey...that I forgot to take pictures of >3> It was topped off with ritz crackers, yummy. My dad added jalapenos to give it a kick it, sent it to a whole other level.

We got the ham, luckily.

The final product, I don't really like ham but it does taste good. The brown sugar glaze tasted good on it.

I made two desserts, a gluten-free dutch apple pie, and a Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake. I made them the day before...and I forgot to take pictures of me making them. Hopefully to compensate I can provide the recipes I used? ^^:

https://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/gluten-free-dutch-apple-pie/
https://www.thecookierookie.com/pumpkin-pie-gooey-butter-cake/
Lastly is my fully packed plate. I got a little bit of everything, including the turkey my dad had on the barbeque grill. It was really good...and purple because of what he let it soak in o3o
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 96
Posted: 11/28/2020 at 9:14 PM Post #19
So I did an oopsie and forgot to take pics of our Thanksgiving food. So here's some pics for Saturday dinner. ^-^

We're gonna be having pork steaks, rice, butter beans, salad and rolls. Super nummy food~

Getting the meat seasoned and rice browned.

Getting the butter beans to simmer.

Meat and rice are done! :D

Time for the rolls to brown and salad to be made. I forgot to take a pic of cutting the salad ingredients. Oops~

All done and it looks so good~ Pic is of my dad's food since he eats everything and I don't like butter beans. Lol

Can't forget the drink! I made some sweet tea, though it's not too sweet. ^-^
Fyrebloodkit
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 11
Posted: 11/29/2020 at 12:30 AM Post #20

to be honest, i don't ever do much for the holidays anymore since it's mostly just me and my mom.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.