Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Player Introductions > Hello! Just joined!
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Thethawnies
Level 18
Threads: 1
Posted: 7/21/2020 at 7:02 PM Post #1
So, recently I was doing some stuff on Flight Rising as always (in case you never heard of it, it's another pet game but with dragons) and I was seeing some ads for this website and decided to check it out since it seemed interesting! And well, already I can say that it's definitely very cool! I really love all the pet designs. I'm still sorta trying to figure out everything like how to navigate the site and making money, but either way I'm definitely glad I decided to make an account here. Anyway, here's some stuff about me:

- I'm a she/her
- I do art, rp, animate (very rarely though oof), write, and spent hours on virtual pet websites because they are VERY addicting
- I love music and my favorite bands/artists are: Tally Hall, The Beatles, The Hollies, George Harrison, Jack Stauber, The Shaggs (not really, just joking around), and Miracle Musical.
- The reason I made my username 'TheThawnies' is since it's basically like a little band name I made and it's a mix of the word Tawny (like the Tawny Frogmouth bird, which is my favorite bird!) and Thaw
- I have a box turtle named Tiny and ten toads (ik its a lot but they're pretty low maintenance) named Bambous, Andrew, Ross, Rob, Zubin, Rita, Tony, Bernie, Bobby, and Ringo.
- My favorite animals are Tawny Frogmouths, Walruses, and Griffins (if we're counting mythical creatures)
- And, on the subject of Griffins, I can already say Griffi is my favorite breed here fjoijwpojgowp. I'll have to get one at some point.
- My birthday is July 7th
- My usernames on other pet websites are: FruitAndFlour on Flight Rising, and TheThawnies on both Dappervolk and Dragcave. And honestly my Flight Rising is the only one that I can say I've been on for a while, and with the rest I'm still a huge newbie fhwoioqrqq.

Anyway, that's about it! Tips or gifts would be greatly appreciated (though if you give me a gift I'll probably cri)
Can't wait to meet you all!
Edited By Thethawnies on 7/21/2020 at 7:04 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 7/21/2020 at 9:42 PM Post #2
Hey there and welcome to the site!
I'm totally not freaking out over the cuteness of tawny frogmouths now omg they're giant fluffballs
Also, here's your (first?) Griffi :P
I don't have much in the way of tips, but if you have any questions about the site, I'll always be happy to answer.
Enjoy your time here!

(I dunno why that sounded so choppy, sorry lol)
Edited By Larkien on 7/21/2020 at 9:44 PM.
Thethawnies
Level 18
Posted: 7/21/2020 at 9:46 PM Post #3
waifqpfjp thank you so much! Tawny frogmouths are indeed fluffballs. That's why I love them so much lol.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 7/21/2020 at 9:47 PM Post #4
No problem, see you around :P
(Ye I'm a sucker for birds and fluffy things)
Edited By Larkien on 7/21/2020 at 9:47 PM.
Sawbill
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 25
Posted: 7/22/2020 at 1:16 PM Post #5
Hi, welcome to Sylestia!

There's a Mini Fest going on, so I suggest you participate in it. You can gain titles, pets, and avatar items by reaching each service rank.

Here's a welcome gift.

Enjoy your time at Sylestia!
Edited By Sawbill on 7/22/2020 at 1:16 PM.
Winterflower
Level 75
Maw-nster Masher
Threads: 32
Posted: 7/22/2020 at 3:28 PM Post #6
First of all Welcome to Sylestia! I hope you enjoy your time here.

A small welcome gift that I hope you enjoy https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5757676

A few guides that might help you along the way:

https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44033
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=64486&page=1
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45988
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=2280

If you ever need any help or have any questions feel free to ask! Everyone's fairly friendly here.
Thethawnies
Level 18
Posted: 7/22/2020 at 4:03 PM Post #7
Thank you for the gift!! I really appreciate it. I'll definitely check out that fest as well.
Thethawnies
Level 18
Posted: 7/22/2020 at 4:03 PM Post #8
Thank you for the great gifts and also the guides! I'll check them out as well. Have a nice day!
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 157
Posted: 7/25/2020 at 1:57 PM Post #9
Hi!!!

Welcome the Sylestia (Sylestian?) community!!!

I'm Beaubuddyz (Everyone calls me Beau for no reason in particular as far as I know.)!

You might want to look at:

Faith Rescue Society for pets
Sylestia Walkthrough for help

Random Tips:

Don't use Healers. They are a complete waste of money. After all, your pets revive themselves after 30 minutes or so. (I think. I haven't had my pets need to revive in a loooooong time)

Don't buy potions from the marketplace; you can get them for free from missions (More below)

Buy cheap high-leveled pets for missions (Once again, more below) so that you have a 99.9% chance of not failing.

Do missions. Guide here. Missions are an easy way to get gold and free stuff without much effort. (If clicking a few buttons even counts as an effort) It becomes easier with high-level pets, so get a few off of Advanced Search. At the moment, there are quite a few cheap level 70 pets on right now! Just put all of their proficiency points in one thing (For example Health), name the pet (Ex: Health if you put all proficiency points in health), and send it on missions according to it's highest stat! (Ex: Send your health pet on missions with the stat labeled: Health)

Nurture pets until you get 1,000 scales (or more if you want!) and then buy a lesser pet dye. Sell it on the broker and then you can earn a lot of gold easily. They generally sell very quickly and for a high amount on the trade broker. You can also earn essences from nurturing (which enable you to generate a pet) that you can sell or use. During festivals, you can also earn some festival currency!

Don't breed unless you're breeding two themed pets (of the same theme!), two high statted pets, etc. Most pets don't sell if they are dishwater pets. (Pets that have little traits, low stats, ugly, or a combination of above) Also, try to price over 500 because The Releasers of Sylestia generally release anything for sale under 500g because they're trying to help the economy and make pets worth more again. (Loooooooong story...)

I'm open to giving away pets if you want, so just ask! I don't bite! (That's impossible to do virtually anyways....)

If you have any questions, please ask and I'll answer ASAP. (I get bored...)

Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 7/28/2020 at 10:36 AM Post #10
Hi there! Welcome to Sylestia!

I'm Orca, and I'm head of the newbie mentor group here on the site

Some helpful links:
Newbie Welcoming group
The Sylestia Wiki (a little outdated but still helpful)
Walkthrough
and Newbie Mentoring group

Glassary

BTW just in case you don't know healers are a scam and don't get your potions form the marketplace and don't catch every pet you see (more aren't worth it)

You can also nurture, and when you get 1000 scales, go to the Scale Shop and buy some pet dyes, those sell very well on the broker. Like 40k per or something. Sometimes more. Usually more.

I'm also willing to give away pets and avi items so let me know if you want one

We also have a great roleplaing community and a really great RPG community and feel free to let me know if you ever want to join us :) We've got a large Warrior Cat and WoF fanbae here but we've got non-fandom and other fandom stuff as well!
RP/RPG guide for Sylestia
Let me know if you got any questions-I'm happy to either answer them personally or direct you to someone who does

Some random tips:

Breeding.....Well, you can't really make too much profit from it anymore unless you have a themed, stattered pet, or something of that sort. Most things don't sell if they don't have lot of visibles/restricted trait sets,, aren't themed, are dishwasher pets, etc. Also price above 500g cuz the Releasers do release anything for sale that is under that-we're trying to help the economy and make pets actually worth it again

(Feel free to give me a ping if you want some pricing advice Smile )

Healers are a huge scam. Do not. Do not. But do missions-theres a guide here

Guide to the Forums: here

We have a Summer Festival coming soon so I advise leveling up and doing the current storyline so you'll be ready for that

~Orca, the friendly local neighborhood fish ><>
Edited By Orcastration on 7/28/2020 at 10:34 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.