Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:38 PM Post #11

written by Limor and Orcastration, edited by Limor

So for lack of time management skills we'll be taking a look at the Sylestia Times work force (which is open to any of you joining). I, Limor, am currently running it.

Now I must say, I am proud of my team. It takes a lot of work to write the articles and my team manages to do it. The amount of articles we are writing take a good amount of work. First, you have to come up with an idea for the article, then you have to write, and after that you have to find another workforce member to edit the article you are writing. Once that is done members will send the finished articles to me, where I have to worry about posting (and sometimes recoding) them. Now something I will admit to you all if it says "Written by Limor, edited by Limor" that means I wrote it as of posting. It means I ran out of time (and forgot) so I ended up writing it myself.

I would like to say I love being able to upholding the legacy of the previous times writers and I am proud to be the current head of staff for the times.

Newbie Spotlight

Hi everyone, it's Orca here and recently I dragged and bribed convinced a friend of mine from another game site to join Sylestia! So today, we have CloudedOtter for the Spotlight!

1. How did you find out about Sylestia?

Larkien and Orcastration were talking about it on another site I play. I've been going kind of stir-crazy from staying inside and decided to try out something new, so I came over to take a look.

2. What was the most interesting part about Sylestia when you first joined?

The layout of the world and exploration. It reminds me of a MMO, but in browser format. It's definitely a bold undertaking, and I'm very interested in seeing what's added next.

3. What's your favorite species?

Oh, that depends on which "me" you ask. But Aurleons, Nytekries, and Faelora are up there.

4. How do you find Sylestia? (like rating-wise, would you recommend to a friend, etc.)

I'd give it a 4/5. There's some interface awkwardness, doubly so if I'm accessing the site from a phone. That being said, I heard there's a huge site revamp in the making. I'm certain that a number of these issues will be fixed then. I can tell that a lot of love has gone into this site.

Also, I do admittedly wish there was a way to keep your starters as viable as max/super-stat pets. It's a little saddening to leave them behind. That being said, I also understand that putting in some way to raise base stats without breeding would unbalance a lot of site gameplay and potentially ruin the work of breeders. I think this is more of a gameplay difference than a flaw in the site, so I'm not counting it in my rating. (It boils down to the way you approach pets, I think. I'm more of a pet raiser than a pet breeder, although the lack of max-stat Nytekrie projects has tempted me to go down that route...)

5. Anything else?

I appreciate that there are things to do even for someone who doesn't have much time on their hands. I powered through to Umbra Forest before getting sidelined by work, but I was able to continue leveling via missions. I'm looking forward to clearing the rest of the story and joining everyone in the Lost Grove!
Edited By Limor on 6/2/2020 at 4:27 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:38 PM Post #12

written by Limor, edited by Limor

For this themed pet showcase we will be (once again!) featuring CeruleanCrow on their Nightly Blossom Ryori! Personally I love this design, I plan on (atleast) getting a pair! And now, onto the interview!

1. How did you come up with the name "Nightly Blossom"?
Well I was trying to be a bit creative, I tend to use names that are 2 word in length and I didn't want to use Cherry Blossom, because that seemed overused. I wanted to be creative with what I had so I decided to try out different names.

2. How did you come up with the wonderful color scheme we see today?
A good artist uses reference pictures, and the method I used for Nightly Blossom is the method I use for many of my other theme designs. I take a reference picture off of pintrest or google and take colors from the image, taking creative liberty where I can to vary the design. Sometimes I'll use sites to get a base palette down and work from there. Knowing how the traits relate to each other is another step in designing, by knowing how each trait works with base colors and accents you can slot a color into the gene/mutation color slot pretty well.

3. Did you have any specific inspirations inline with the design?

This is the image I used as a reference for this design, trying to contrast the bright city lights with the dark in the sky and the pinks in the flowers

4. Would you have rather any of your other entries been chosen?
There were a lot of great designs chosen, but having your own design chosen is a big honor. I would have loved either way if Imperium's Streaking Comet design or Articu's Coral Peony design would have been chosen.

5. Anything else?
Keep at it even if your designs arent chosen. If you give up designing because youre intimidated by other's designing skills don't be. We are all here to help and guide you, so don't be afraid to ask someone youre inspired by for advice on a design.
Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 5:14 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:39 PM Post #13

Written by Limor, edited by Limor

So a new addition to the times lets give birthday wishes to everyone with a birthday in May! Give a ping and happy wishes to the users listed below! If you would like your birthdays listed ping or DM Limor to get on the list!

Kittyauthor - May 24th

Ley - May 25th

Kattya - May 25th

Asphodels - May 26th

Limor - May 29th

Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 5:12 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:39 PM Post #14
Golden Breeds

So in lack of being able to find someone to interview I will be showcasing some of my projects!

Now I recently hid a good bump in the road with my first 6v Starscape Zolnixi (Though not the first on site, the first for me!)

I will soon be selling 6v Starscape Offspring for 100k. Now the other project I have finished (and has been finished) are my 6v Ectoplasmic Bulboris! Once again I am selling this babes for 100k a pop, DM or ping me if your interested.

I have many other projects I'm working on, the next closest one I am to finishing is my Mrs. Lovett Lupora design, which has to get a decided price. These gals are gonna look like this and will at some point have Mr Sweeney Todd finished up, they are currently a WIP and somewhat frozen in the breeding progress stage at the moment due to other projects taking the forefront.

The other important project I am working on is 6v my theme, the Newt's Eye Zolnixi! I currently have several 6cs, 1v 5cs, and the like! I am hoping for a finished project around this due to the traits i'm working with:

I hope you all enjoyed this addition of the Goldren Breeds and keep an eye out for new projects next time!
Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 5:26 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:39 PM Post #15

So for the current Quarenthings there has been a lot going on in the world recently. I hope you all are staying safe in the current worlds climate right now. Have any stories you'd like to tell? Just PM me and please let me know if you'd like to stay anonymous!

Now one good thing to see is the ending of many school years for people, I myself just finished up my Junior Year - which may be the last year of school I have! I would like to send out graduation wishes to everyone - college or highschool - that have had to miss your ceremonies. All our wishes go with you and we hope you have the best in the future.

To everyone who might live in the cities with protests, stay safe and keep your friends in families informed. A lot of things are happening and us on the Sylestia Staff stands with the black lives matter protests and we hope all of this can come to a peaceful conclusion.

To everyone here we hope you are staying well, mentally and physically, and encourage you all to reach out for help if you need it!

Hopefully this will be our last Quarenthings - so heres to hope!

((Also a note if your bored - Barbie Movies are free on YouTube right now!))
Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 11:26 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 5:34 PM Post #16
can we get a pin/ping?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 6:45 AM Post #17
Thank you all again for a wonderful edition!

Site ping for everyone in the community to take a look.
Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 8:22 AM Post #18
Aw nice! I love how it turned out. Great work everyone!
Torchflame
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 27
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 10:28 PM Post #19
Lovely work everyone!! Reading the newsletter every month is a nice treat!

And thank you for the crossword prize sylvorpa ;)
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 6/25/2020 at 6:58 PM Post #20
(I tried pinging all of the writers, but someone's username didn't exist and I didn't know who, so please pass my compliments to the whole team!)

What a fun read! :D I'm happy to see The Sylestia Times posted again, and reminds me of when I helped out on the advice column way back when. All the sections were interesting in their own way.

Great teamwork and involvement of the community. An amazing job and edition!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.