Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:37 PM Post #1
Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 4:47 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:37 PM Post #2

Written by Lalalanmao, Edited by Limor

So Ill be doing a recap of most of the events that happened in May. So...without further ado lets start out with the highlights of the Spring Festival which started May 23 and will end June the 21st.

Forum Games End: Sunday, June 21st at 11:59 PM
Festival Zone Closes: Sunday, June 21st at 11:59 PM
Festival Ends: Sunday, June 28th at 11:59 PM

This event we have the return of the tasks logs. Completing these tasks will earn you rewards such as decorated eggs (which can be used in the festival shop) as well as other places in the spring festival like the sylesti gardens. In addition if you complete ALL of the tasks on this list, you can receive a [Peerless Avatar Token] x1 which can be traded in at the avatar shop for sweet rewards.

Thats right the sylesti garden is back again. This allows players the chance to grow seeds, and depending on the seed, fertilizers, and additives you use you can enhance the sylesti you create.

In addition to being able to grow your own plants, you can tend to yours and other peoples plants using enrichments such as Enriched Water, Sun's Glow, and Weed-B-Gone. These enrichments decrease the growing time of the pet as well as a bonus point that gives the pet, well a bonus. These bonuses can include increased stats as well as carried traits depending on whether the plant was regular, fabled, or majestic.

Another gardening event that is happening is the shared garden event which is found in the north west corner of the spring festivals explore zone, Astryl's Meadow. Players can collect enchanted water from doing things in the spring fest zone, such as battling in Astryls Meadow or buying it from the Festival shop. Then they can use the water on any of the flowers in the shared garden zone. Once the flower blooms it will schedule a zone-wide Event. The events will have a countdown and multiple events triggered be listed in an que with only one event happening at a time.

So what is unique about these zone wide Events? Well first, the encounter rates of a wild themed pet is doubled. However the rate DOES NOT stack with a perfume of themed attraction. In addition, there is also the added chance of encountering flower fairies which can drop a whole variety of items. I would recommend using a level 60 or higher team as this means that the flower fairies have a chance of dropping more valuable items such as tamed aeridini, the garden seed of the species of the event, as well as composted seeds. Lastly, there is also a chance of encountering a Spring Blossom pets of the species of the Blooming Flower which is guaranteed to be either epic or legendary, so get those traps ready.

So you might be thinking, what else is in Astryls Meadow. Well theres a large map where you can explore and fight those pesky nightfall bandits as well as others. Fighting these can result in drops such as enchanted water and decorated eggs. In addition you can fight Named which can drop fest items as well as maybe their avatar items. Finally you also have a chance of finding themed pets (in battle or in an abandoned nest) as well as discovering treasure.

But wait, thats not the last feature that can be found in Astryls Meadow. Yep you heard me right, the egg hunt has returned. The egg hunt is located in the top right part of the map. Here you can interact with Justinia Aurorelius and decide whether to begin a basic or mythic egg hunt.

The general gist of the egg hunts is similar...move around the maze and try to find as many eggs. In addition you can also find a key that will unlock a temple to where you can battle the treasure boss and take its treasure. In addition if you manage to find 20 eggs as well as defeating the treasure boss, you can receive a title. In addition, while exploring the maze you have a chance of encountering a themed pet.

So what is the difference between the baic and mythic egg hunt? First how to enter. The basic egg hunt is free, however there is a four hour waiting period between entries. The rewards from this egg hunt are quite numerous, although the premium rewards are more scarce. The mythic egg hunt requires the price of either 400 Diamonds, 800,000 Gold, or 2,000 decorated eggs but has no waiting period. In addition, the mythic egg hunt results in more premium rewards, more sparkling easter eggs, a higher rate of finding a key, as well as a double theme encounter rate.

Now what can all of this battling in the Astryls Meadow account for, well during the Spring Contests, the battling earns you points on the board. These points will accumulate and end up with fantastic rewards such as contest reward pouches and leadership reward pouches. There are 88 boards in these contests divided into nurture and enemies defeated as well as one for each species. The points in the nurturing board is determined by how many of each pet species you nurture and the points in the enemies defeated board is determined by how many enemies you defeated inside the Festival Zone with pets of that Species.

The contest that happened in May was from 5/27 at 12PM - 5/31 at 11:59PM and it's always a fun competition and challenge to fight for a top spot on these boards. It also happens to be a great finger workout.

So by now you should have realized that doing most things in the Spring Festival results in decorated eggs dropping, so is there only use in opening the mythical egg maze. Well for some people yes, but others spend most of their eggs in the Spring Festival Shop. In this shop you can change between the Held Items aka the garden shop where you can spend decorated eggs for your gardening needs, or you can head over to the Outfit Items which shows a whole gallery of avatar items you can spend your eggs on.
---------------
So now weve talked about the festival...wait theres still more? Of course there is, we cant forget about the forum games.

So the first forum game is the Scavenger Hunt. This forum game requires you to travel all over the site finding different pets, visiting the garden, battling all sorts of combinations of enemies, as well as participating in other forum games.
Participating in this game results in prizes such as titles based on how many of the tasks you completed as well as for each Task completed, an entry in a random drawing. 10 players will be drawn, so make sure you remember to take screenshots xD. Like seriously, its beneficial to remember to take screenshots.

The next forum game is guess how many candy is in the jar. Now its quite simple the goal of the game is to estimate how many pieces of candy are hiding in the banana..wait it isnt.so its talking about the container that the banana is sitting on. After careful reading of the description, the purpose of this game is to use your brilliant guessing skills to estimate the number of candy inside of the clear glass jar. Although just between you and me, I believe that number might be a fraction because what if there was an accident with the candy and it got cut in half?

Putting all that speculation aside, we also have the word search. I guess they decided that we had enough candy with the candy guessing game so this word search is all about fruits and vegetables.

And last but not least we have the famous create a 3-Visible 'Spring'' Themed Pet of your choice. The game is quite simple, go to the generator and design a pet with three visible traits and include your inspiration in the post. Every entry has a chance of being the lucky one that was created. Looking through the forum, Im going to pick my top three favorites, although that might be hard due to how many times i went ooooo and ahhhhh.

So first off is

This design was by CeruleanCrow and I chose it because of not only the nice color scheme and traits but also the creative use of tea as an inspiration.

Now the next one was

by Crixer as I enjoyed how they were able to use virtually one color but still contrast it so it draws the eye.

And the last but not least one is

by Limor I chose this one as one it uses an animal not a flower for its inspiration as well as using the nyte, in addition the various colors support each other and make the design pleasant to look at.

Like I said before, these were just my top 3 after much deliberation because if you ever want inspiration for spring ideas, just spend some time looking through that forum.

---------------
Now for some exciting news
Themed pets, yay and theres a whole bunch of them that can be found during the spring event. Want to see them listed? Wish granted by Limor!

Ahhh...so many pretty themes, I cant wait to make a project with those traits. Wait...what are those traits?
*frantically looks in generator to see if I can find those traits*
Wait why arent they here?

Well these are un-named traits that havent been released yet. Consider this a trailer to all the traits that are instore for us in the future. These traits can again be seen in the themed pet list for the spring festival and the example sylesti in the contest board

---------------
Lastly...we have our two winners for the end of the Easter event
SpaceElf1 and Kitten404 who won these two beautiful Aeris in the respective order

Edited By Limor on 6/2/2020 at 4:23 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:37 PM Post #3

Games Made By: Limor, edited by Limor

Note: All winners are put into a drawing to get a final winner!

Taptothebeat, you won the sliding puzzle!
your prize is here:

72emalfhcrot, you won the crossward!
your prize is here:

Now onto the new games!
Picture Slide
https://www.proprofs.com/games/puzzle/sliding/may-sylestia/
Here is the finished image:

A picture slide is a sliding picture puzzle. To win the prize for this you must send a screenshot of the finished photo that includes your time and number of moves. Whoever has the shortest time and number of moves will win the prize:

In your free time if you ever want to play old Times' game they can be found here!
Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 4:03 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:37 PM Post #4

written by Duckbunny427, Letsplay, and Limor, edited by Limor

Hey, yall! Im here with my first anime review! I will be reviewing the anime, Tower of God based on the manga by the same name. The anime can be found on Crunchyroll and the manga can be found on Line WEBTOON.

As a reader of the manga, I was extremely excited when the anime came out. In short: it fulfilled my expectations and so far has been amazing! In long: Nearly everything was the same as the manga. Character design, plot, and even small unimportant scenes/characters were the same. I believed this pleased many manga readers along with me to see they didnt ruin the story.

Main Plot: A girl named Rachel is climbing the Tower of God. At the top, you can get whatever you want. Her dream is to see the stars. Tower of God follows the story of Bam, a young boy, whose goal is to find Rachel. Along the way, he faces many challenges and meets new people.

(Bam is left, Rachel is right)

Things I liked: An amazing plot! The story is always unpredictable and clever. I also felt like I know all of the characters; the development of them is amazing and they feel like real people. It also has lots of action and fighting.

Things I didnt like (some spoilers): It felt like Bam was becoming too overpowered. He was getting extremely strong fast. He also feels boring and dull, making him nowhere near my favorite character of the anime. Also, in the manga series, the constantly introduced new and amazing, interesting, funny, likable characters only to remove them from the plot within 30 episodes. (The whole series is a few hundred in the manga)

In conclusion, its my favorite anime which I will continue to watch forever!

Now onto Limor's section! I will be reviewing a Podcast again!
So this podcast lets take a look at The Message.

The Message is about a group of people called the Cipher Centers For Communication. It is their job to deconstruct an alien message the kills anyone who hears it. The podcast is about their journey of working through the message, internal conflicts, and finding out who sent the message as well as what it means. Nicky Tomalin is the host and she is a bright impulsive girl in her 20s, and she will narrate this tale for you. Another thing I love about this podcast is they way they frame it as reality, they give no allusions to it being fake which really adds to the sense of reality about it.

--

Welcome back to the Sylestia Book Review (even though we review more than just books). If you have any literature you want us to review, then DM Letsplay. This month, were still reviewing webcomics. The libraries are open for pick up, but were just being safe for the time being. A quick thing - When we review, we may get some facts wrong about the book. So sorry if we do!
You can also find both of these webcomics on Webtoon, which is a free app that you can download or go to the website. If you want to read these, you can check them out there.

Moving on - The webcomics were reviewing this month are Gourmet Hound and Lookism. Well, lets jump into this, shall we? Oh! And beware of spoilers!

The first webcomic is Gourmet Hound, which is written and illustrated by Leehama.

This webcomic is finished, meaning there are no new chapters coming out.
The webcomic mainly follows a woman named Lucy. Something that makes her different from most people is that she had an advanced sense of taste and smell.
While eating out at her favorite restaurant she orders something she usually gets. But, something is off about it. She can tell that the restaurants kitchen staff mustve been switched up. She makes it her mission to track down the original staff by eating at every restaurant. She can hopefully find them by eating at every restaurant in the city. Thats how determined she is to get to taste this one meal again.
Im only on chapter 20, so Im not a good source to what happens at the end. But, you should read this nonetheless to find out what happens.
This Webtoon has a cartoonish and anime-like art style. It also has an interesting story and concept. Because of this, I will give the webcomic an 8/10. I just did this because the story did seem to get a bit boring and monotonous at a few times. This shouldnt deter you from reading the webcomic. While if its boring at times, it can obviously build up excitement for the next big thing to come!
Because I only got to chapter 20 of 166 chapters, my review will not spoil the end for you. I will say that I will continue reading this webcomic after this review.

Our next webcomic to review is Lookism.

This is created solely by Taejoon Park. But, a quick warning about this Webtoon! This Webtoon includes dark themes such as animal abuse, bullying, items related to depression, and just other heavy topics that may be trigger worthy. So please, beware of that when reading if youre sensitive to that.
Moving on - This Webtoon is at 286 chapters as of writing this. And this is still going on, so this review will become outdated as it goes on possibly. Im also on chapter 283 as of writing this.
Lookism is mainly about a bullied kid named Daniel Park who is overweight for his age. He gets bullied so much that his mom lets him move away by himself and go to a new school. But while at his new school, he is still a bit bullied on the first day. But, after that day. He wakes up in his house, with a different body. This body was much more fit and quicker/stronger. And, he experiments with the body. He finds that the body does get tired, and that you need to switch bodies so you can take care of each one. And whenever the other body wakes up, he transports to that one.
With the newly acquired body, he goes to school. He makes more friends this way, and even becomes popular, beating up the bully of the school. As the story goes on, he makes more friends and there are many side stories. There are other stories, such as ones about other key characters. He even gets stalked at one point. But that would take days to explain in typing form. So, Ill leave you to find out about it!
I will give this webcomic an 8.5/10, since it does seem to be far fetched at points for a comic that seems like it should be a bit more serious (Even with the switching bodies deal). But, it can make up the far fetched stuff with the down to earth stuff.
But, as always, I recommend you read this.

Thats all for this Sylestia Book Review. We might be able to switch back to books next month, but we must see how the reviewers feel! Make sure to wash your hands and make healthy decisions. And as a reminder, you can DM Letsplay literature you want reviewed. We will try our best to get our hands on what you want!
Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 10:29 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:38 PM Post #5

Join the Time's Team, send your form to me, Limor or post on our thread!
Sign-Up Form
User ID:
Username:
What you want to do for the Times:
Have you had any experience with something like this before?:
Any extras:

Have a birthday next month? Want a happy birthday message on the Times? DM Limor for more info!

Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 4:16 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:38 PM Post #6

Written by Mosslight2 and Sadie, edited by Mossflight2

Q: Whats your favourite season, and why?
A: My favourite season is autumn because I love jumping in piles of leaves. Also, in my opinion, the weather isnt too hot or too cold in autumn, and there isnt that much rain, either!

Q: What do you like to do in your spare time?
A: Well, that depends on what I feel like doing. Sometimes, I play a game with some other Sylesties. Other times, I decide to try to make something. Oh, and sometimes, I decide that I just want to sleep.
Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 4:22 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:38 PM Post #7

Written by Limor and Duckbunny427, Edited by Limor

This month I would like you all to ping me with you art! Everyone may ping me with one piece, whoever pings me will get their art featured in this section of the times!

Limor

CeruleanCrow

Now onto an interview with Fox, conducted by Duckbunny!

When did you start doing art?
I started at a young age, as most do. I also went to art school for 5 years and have a Bachelor of Graphic Design. So I actually don't draw or illustrate too much.

What is your favorite thing about doing art?
Art used to be about emotional release and stress relief for me, but has become more of an outlet for creative thinking and ideas. I think this started to change when I attended university. I am more of a visual person where writing takes a lot of time and thinking for me. So nowadays my favourite thing about creating is the ability to express your ideas and communicate in a visual manner. I feel this is true for a lot of design professionals, based on who I've talked to and who I know in a professional setting.

What is your favorite art type? (Digital, sketching, pixel, etc.)
People initially only think of illustration as art, but art actually comes in many many forms. I am envious of those who are able to create beautiful art out of ceramic media. For myself though I mostly enjoy digital media. I use Adobe programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign most often. When I am doodling or sketching I enjoy using my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. The software I use on my iPad is Adobe Sketch. Graphic design is what I enjoy most and what I am best at in my opinion. For anyone who doesn't know, graphic design is essentially using the element and principles of design (among other theories such as colour theory) to place elements and create layouts that communicate a message in a clear way. Graphic design encompasses things like typhography, logo design, motion graphics, web design, publication (magazine, book) design, poster and print designs, screen print design, photo editing, sometimes photography basics, and corporate design like letterheads and collateral. I've recently gotten into creating graphics for Twitch streamers and I am enjoying that.

Any tips you would give to new artists?
Study anatomy, learn the principles and elements of design, and learn colour theory. When you learn the fundamentals you can then break the rules. Learning these fundamentals will give you a greater understanding of why you draw that line, or why you paint certain colours together to create dynamic and unique pieces.

http://Anything else you want to add?
Anyone can learn art and remember it isn't just about drawing. Find your media and master it. Theory is just as important and helps you improve on your execution. If you want to see some of my art, my dog, or myself you can follow me on Instagram (@f.for.fox). I also have a free doodle thread here: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=80378

Examples:

Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 7:57 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:38 PM Post #8

Written by CeruleanCrow, Edited by CeruleanCrow

Welcome Welcome all! Your local Zolnixi Reporter Faron with a very interesting scoop on the latest and greatest design competitions. Ranging from pet designs to avatar designs, well even cover art and writing contests! Any contest will do! Well now during this month of May you know that there are participants participating and hosts hosting!

Happy Spring Festival all yes yes! Make sure those gardens are cared for on this fabulous holiday! For now, nothing will stop the design contests from popping up! So let's hear from Penumbra, who is running a design contest for elemental designs of water dragon Sylvorpas, that will be bred as Max Stats! Now, could you tell me what your motivation behind this contest was?

I wanted specific designs and while I did make some of my own, I was not very happy with them and decided to ask others instead.

Factinating! This is quite the contest you are running I must say I must say! Now, do you have any specific prizes that will be handed out in this contest?

Yes, I will award the winners with a max statted pet of their design, or a different design if they choose.

That looks very convincing yes indeed yes indeed! A prize like that will surely draw in participants! Onto the next question, how long do you think breeding the max stats will take?

I am currently halfway through statting them, so quite a while now x.x

Wow that sounds like a long time! You must be determined and motivated to make this project a reality! Last question, do you have any tips for players wanting to recolor pets?

If you want to sell a design of your own, it helps to do a raffle with the end result as a prize and LPDs/GPDs as raffle tickets (idea credit to Mikazukichan), as you can get a big head start and it helps gauge the interest in your project.

Excellent! Thank you Penumbra for your fascinating insight into your design contest and recoloring pets! I hope that your contest will draw in many more designers wanting to create the elemental water dragons! And now we come to a major player in the design community with her guild the Design Challenge University, Celticnuru! Now I am sure people are burning with questions about what the motivation behind this university, could you tell us?

The motivation behind the D.C.U., is my love for design and my eagerness and willingness to spread my love for designing to others. But it doesn't stop right there. I also wanted to go beyond that than give everyone just some random place to post designs and get feed back on. I wanted to create a place designers new and old can go to and test their limits on how they create their designs. To test new waters so to speak through weekly challenges that place them in different and unique situations. Because in life, you never know what design concept or theme you will be placed in. So we try to dabble in a way in a bit of everything.

Amazing! I am sure a lot of your members, whether new or old, love being a part of these design contests that allow them to stretch their skills! So I must ask if there are any prizes that are given out every week?

That is a good question. I tend only to pull prizes from what I personally can offer. I feel even if they don't keep what I give and sell it, that it is at least showing them some form of gratitude from me personally. Gratitude not only for the hard work, but their time in participating in the challenge and group as a whole. Because let's face it. Time is valuable. And we all like to see appreciation for our work. I will from time to time ask for donations, but only if there are individuals willing to give. And I only do so with the larger challenges like the mandatory(s) we have every 6 months or so. With those challenges participation is a must. But because I do that, I often make the prizes worth it. Below is a break down of a normal challenge prize pool vs a Mandatory prize pool.

Normal Weekly Challenge:
1st Place: 20K - 22K in gold, a pet from the group tab of my 1st stable of choice(sometimes), random avi item, help creating a challenge(sometimes).
2nd Place: 15k - 18k in gold or a random avi item.
3rd Place: Honorable mention.

VS.

*This is based off the current mandatory we are doing.*
Mandatory Challenges(every 6 months or so):

1st Place: 110,000g, a pet of their choice from the group tab in my stables(or with in *****'s first stable pairs tab, regens stable, or lup stable), a amulet of youthful illusion, 50 diamonds.
2nd Place: 75,000g, a pet of their choice from the group tab in my stables, and a random item.
3rd Place: 40,000g, a pet of their choice from the group tab in my stables.
Honorable Mention Will Receive (4th place): 20,000g

Mind you the gold again is out of my own gold/pocket, along with the items. The items will vary, where the gold amounts are pretty standard roughly. Only during these challenges as seen above will someone else donate to the cause. For their benefit I removed their name for privacy purposes.

But even that is just a small token of how grateful I am to them. I am grateful to one and all of my members, as they all work very hard to achieve the designs they do. Each one is valued in every way. But I want to give them something to work towards to, that is why I have a TOP 3 with each challenge regardless if it is a normal weekly challenge or a mandatory.

Amazing! That sounds like a lot of work and effort for this amazing university that everyone is a part of! It must be too much for just one person so how do you run this large university?

Another great question. I actually run this group with a great team of advisors/staff (3 staff members and myself). Without them, I would be doing this solo. And as anyone whom has ever run a design group solo, there is a LOT of work that goes into this. But when you do something like this, it isn't really work but a passion that you share with others. And it is with their help that I am able to run the group. They help me keep an eye out for design theft which is a BIG no no. They also help me aid those in need of assistance, assist with challenge creation, co-run/host challenges, help up hold group rules and values, as well as participate themselves in these said challenges. With them I am able to bounce ideas off and the other way around. I am eternally grateful for the support team I have helping me run the D.C.U.

You must be really proud of all the staff members, seeing as they do so much work helping you run and organize the system! The last question for this interview, any particular topics or themes you like to use for contests?

In truth, we have no particular topic nor theme that we use. We at the D.C.U. bounce ideas off each other on a weekly basis to prevent too much over lap. We try hard to avoid repeating anyone theme in particular too often. That way we are not in a way repeating designs back to back. Believe me coming up with fresh crisp ideas is a challenge itself, but it is fun to do. Not just that, but we want to utilize the spirit of random as much as possible, as so to keep our designers guessing. Experimenting...Too keep challenging themselves to improve and try new things.

Fantastic! I would love to join the D.C.U., if I wasnt just a humble nixi reporter! Thank you so much Celticnuru for your amazing inside look in this amazing university, and I hope some of our readers join your group to help improve and test their design skillsets further beyond what they can do!

Well folks youve seen it for this month! Many other contests are out there and just begging for attention! Be sure to join up as many as you can, flexing those designer skills and getting on the top spot! For now, this is Faron, signing off for Mays issue! See you all next month and Happy Designing!~

Faron Sprites were based on a fanganronpa sprite collection. Under the guidelines of Fair Use we are able to publish them in this free online newspaper. Thank you for your consideration.
Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 4:29 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:38 PM Post #9

Written by Limor, edited by Limor

A few links to check out when making designs are:
Themed pet reference pages by Xavion
Comprehensive Guide to Themed Pets by Lavelle
Guide to Themed Pet Contests by Scathreoite

So in this guide we will be taking a look at something different. For this version lets take a look at making simplier designs for a starter breeding project!

For your first breeding project I would suggest keeping the traits down to 2-4 traits. Now working with a smaller trait project (especially a two trait), you need to keep things in mind. With a two trait project I suggest using one gene and one mutation. This adds a balance and even though simple, will still look nice.

Now another thing to remember is with your color pallets. Essences (unless enhanced and above) are known for their terrible color swing.

For example:

was meant to be this:

So something to note for your first project use colors that are less likely to swing. Very pale colors have the highest chance of this, for example a pale yellow has a chance of become a sickly green - as it is notorious for doing. For your first project a good rule of thumb is to keep colors more saturated then desaturated, this will help you avoid that color swing.

I hope you all enjoyed this rather short guide but I think for all of you just starting projects you could really find this helpful!
Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 4:42 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 3:38 PM Post #10
Newbie Tricks and Tips
Written by Orca and Lark, Edited by Limor
(This is Orca. ><>)

(This is Lark. Yeet.)

A collab between Larkien and Orcastration

Hello everyone, it's Orca here and honestly, I have no idea where this newbie guide for the month is going!

*ahem*

Anyways, todays article is on Themed Pets, a major feature of festivals. In fact, were in a festival right now-but you can see our article from last month on that here. Anyways, what are Themed Pets? Well, theyre basically pets with certain color palettes (and rarely, traits) that line up with a festival, event, or in the case of the Lost Grove, the zone. They can be captured (or for some, created using festival-specific activities) or rarely, won from doing certain things around the Site during events and such.

(Was that confusing? Probably yes. Oh well.thats the short of it :P)

At the beginning of most festivals, theres a Themed Pet Design contest, and a few designs are picked to become official themes. They get a star right above their gene listings with the name written next to it, for example, Sea Glass Aurleon or Breaching Orca Qitari. As Orca mentioned, you can get them in various ways during festivals.
First-generation themes will have a gold star. However, if you breed two of the same themes together, youll get the same theme, but it will have a blue star instead. These bred themes are called purebreds, and are generally worth less than first generation gold star themes. (Im not sure if its just me who calls them gold-stars, lol)

(Heh, no, you most certainly are not Larkie and I saw that very specific choice of themed ><> -for those who dont know, I breed Breaching Orcas and Lark is a fan of the Aurleons)
Anyways, the only exception to this rule are the Mistwarden Aeridinis, which are purebred aeridinis that are their own unique theme and usually have a Dawnbreaker and a Frostkeeper for parents. Its a whole new game mechanic and could possibly be included in future themed stuff too.

Anyways, themes are often collected by some people, whether it be a specific theme, any theme in general, a certain species, or even just from a specific festival.

When you find a theme in the wild of the Festival Zone, the battle log will say, You have encountered a Rare Enemy! (As opposed to just Enemy.)Thats how you know youve run into a themed pet - so keep an eye on your battle log, its easy to accidentally run from one! When battling normal Sylesties, the enemy will usually be named things such as Wild Zolnixi. But when battling a theme, it will state the name of the theme instead. If you have traps, you can go ahead and try to catch it if youd like. Themes are generally much easier to sell than non-themes, and they can go for a nice bit (depending on the theme/species). But if youd rather keep it, well, whatever works for you!

Theres a lot more to themes than Orca and Ive stated above, but since its the festival we figured wed just go ahead and give an overview with our bad summarizing skills.

Anyways, same as usual. If you have any questions, just send Larkie or me a PM and well either answer it ourselves or direct you to someone who can! *waves fins*

and follow onto the next page for more!!
Edited By Limor on 6/1/2020 at 4:46 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.