Forum Index > News and Announcements > Winter Festival Overview
Page 21 1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22... 24, 25, 26 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Threads: 4
Posted: 1/20/2020 at 12:24 AM Post #201
Currently, there is no way to delete your own account.
Squeak
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/21/2020 at 10:29 PM Post #202
'The concern is that there just isn't enough players in total to even make Ranked Player matches possible without such an incentive. So the incentive is there so that there is at least a decent amount of players in the pool so that those who are looking to do it aren't spending 2 hours in queue before getting a match.'

For players that only want to play with other serious players, maybe make a separate opt-in queue so that they can spend the 2 hours waiting for another serious player, while the rest of us can just get it over with to get our rewards. :P

But I feel like I need to point out that if you know that snow wars is so unpopular that almost nobody wants to play it, then maybe it's time to retire it from being such a huge part of winter fest. Make it a much smaller, much less required part of the fest, so that those who like it can still play it, but the others have some alternative way to get similar rewards. People feel forced to do it because it's impossible to complete the daily tasks and get an essence without it, which takes a lot of the fun out of it too. When you feel like you have to do something, it starts being work rather than fun. That's one of the main reasons I gave up on this fest altogether, since almost none of it was actually enjoyable for me. :/ I really tried to like snow wars, but in the end, it's just too tedious with too little reward for the time put in. The need to grind for booster cards since the AI starts using them, made it even worse. Nothing worthwhile ever dropped from a snow wars game for me, apart from said booster cards. But getting them wasn't really a reward, since I didn't enjoy playing it in the first place. And the only really nice rewards from it require rank 5/6, which is basically impossible unless you have tons of time or are hardcore into it.

If growing ingredients dropped from it, maybe that might make it worth it, but honestly, I'd rather run around the fest zone and get those. :/ As it is, doing the fest zone with only avi items and tokens/agents dropping has removed most of the incentive to grind for me.

I was lucky enough to have a friend who did the player vs player task with me, and we basically spent every match goofing off and doing silly things, but if you don't have someone you know to play with, I could definitely see how that would make people frustrated with that particular task.

I know the return of fall fest growing mechanics for catalysts was last-minute because the actual winter one wasn't done, but having it take 2 weeks almost for things to grow if you can't be online constantly to ask for help/babysit them is kind of ridiculous during the holidays, when people are super busy. On top of that, the removed drops from the fest zone make it incredibly tedious to grind, and tokens drop so slowly and the prices in the shop are so high that even growing anything feels like it would need hours and hours of grinding. Part of it I'm sure is that having the fests so close together meant that I was still burnt out from the unfun parts of fall fest, but then having the same mechanics return on top of snow wars, just made it not worth it.

As far as I'm aware, it takes around 2 weeks for a single pet to grow, or about 100 agents per pet to get it done faster - from what I can tell, constantly tending it takes at least 2 days without an expedient. But since we don't have concrete numbers, it's impossible to plan out what I want to grow. Especially if I want to do bonuses - I still have no idea how long it actually takes for a pet to lose the chance of getting a bonus altogether. So I haven't planted anything because I don't know if I even have the time to babysit them enough. And coming off of the holidays, I preferred to spend time with friends and family rather than live online tending a sculpt. >_> I know the removal of growing ingredients from the fest zone was to force players to use the shop, so that tokens don't become worthless now that they can't be converted to gold after the fest, but I feel like instead of this somewhat heavy-handed approach, I'd rather have had more worthwhile things for sale for tokens than have the fest zone lose a lot of its rewards. The haunted house/winter wonderland is also a huge token sink, but it's only remotely worth doing if you can get to the 3rd stage. So there's little incentive to do it. Having more and better chances of rewards in the earlier stages would be so much better, especially since it can be done with diamonds, which means players who don't realize what a huge gambling game it is, will end up possibly wasting real money for a handful of tokens and brew agents.

It's likely too late in the fest to change things now, but hopefully next fest will have different mechanics and more elements casual players can take part in. :<
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 1/25/2020 at 6:20 PM Post #203
Will the last leaderboard contest's rewards be going out soon enough that we still have time to grow the pet essences from it?
Lampyridae
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 22
Posted: 1/25/2020 at 6:30 PM Post #204
Yes, you will have until February 12th to finish your essences. However, after the zone closes, you will have to buy any additives you do not have from the Festival Shop or Trade Broker.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Posted: 1/25/2020 at 6:34 PM Post #205
The question is about when the leaderboard rewards will be distributed. The end of the festival is a known factor. The reward distribution date, as far as I know, has never been disclosed. Therefore, it is premature to assume we will have time, when it could take days yet.
Lampyridae
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 22
Posted: 1/25/2020 at 6:40 PM Post #206
Rewards distribution hasn't been announced, but in the previous contest the rewards were distributed 1-2 days after the contest's end. Aside from the zone closing and Snow Wars ceasing to regenerate tokens, is there any reason for these to take long enough that we would not be able to finish them?
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Posted: 1/25/2020 at 6:41 PM Post #207
I don't know, hence asking Krin; he's the one person who CAN say for sure one way or the other.
Sarikunezume
Level 64
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 1
Posted: 1/26/2020 at 12:55 PM Post #208
What happens to the festival supplies (frost tokens, ice sculpting items, etc) in my inventory after the festival ends?
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 1/26/2020 at 1:42 PM Post #209
As far as I know, everything will just go poof. Tokens, essences etc.. whether in your inventory or ones you 'used' will cease to exist after the festival ends.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 1/26/2020 at 3:09 PM Post #210
Sorry to ping you, but wanted to clear up one thing.

Does Snow Wars end today?

I could have sworn that I saw, somewhere, you say that snow wars would go until the end of the festival (into February) but tokens would cease to regenerate, and users would have to use the snow war tokens that have been dropped from the various places during the festival.

I cannot find that now, if indeed you ever said it (which there is no guarantee, my brain likes to tell me things that aren't true).

AND I just found the quote I remember. On the previous page...

Sorry to bother you.
Edited By Jemadar on 1/26/2020 at 3:10 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.