Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 1/17/2020 at 2:06 PM Post #191
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=84170&page=19#190
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 1/17/2020 at 1:04 PM
[quote=1968961]

It's a tough thing to weigh. The concern is that there just isn't enough players in total to even make Ranked Player matches possible without such an incentive. So the incentive is there so that there is at least a decent amount of players in the pool so that those who are looking to do it aren't spending 2 hours in queue before getting a match.

It also helps to boost awareness that it's there and to hopefully get players to at least try it and see if they like it at all.

I just fear that if the Task incentive is removed, then there'd probably be so few players actively trying to play that the feature as a whole would be unplayable because nobody wants to sit in queue for 30+ minutes finding each match.

Perhaps, instead of having it on the task list, or at least having so many, the ranked Snowboards competitions could be more visible? Make it almost like a leaderboard competition in visiblity so that players know about them.

I know that when the first snow wars finished, I was surprised, I hadn't even realized it, so never even tried.

It might help making some tweaks to snow wars to make it more popular, such as the 'battle arrangement' feature where you can select certain arrangements that you use all the time and then just pick it and it puts the pieces on the board.

Maybe the rewards for Ranked PvP could also be changed up (don't know what they get, assume it is the same as AI) so that players are more likely going to want to spend 10 minutes playing a game (or however long it takes) because, win or lose, they will get a nice reward, (winners naturally get a much better reward) than it would for them to get the same item from another place. IE, say that PvP would nearly always get an essence, mostly regular ones, but I know I would be much more likely to try out PvP (though my issue is that I never know when I will be called away) if I knew I could get an essence from it, even regular ones. In order to combat things like simply moving pieces around or skipping every turn, there could be measures in place that detect things like no attacks for X turns, or skipping more than X turns and automatically forfeit the match, with no rewards to the loser.

I just agree that adding it to the task boards, at least in large numbers, such as 25, will just force completionists and players who want the reward to figure out how to 'game' the system in order to obtain them. This means more players who want to play will be matched with players who are only there for the task boards.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 1/17/2020 at 2:35 PM Post #192
Basically (summing up my previous post so it doesn't get lost), is try to draw in players who actually want to play, without drawing in the players who don't want to play but simply want the rewards for task boards.

That is why there probably needs to be punishments for players who try to 'game' the system by not actually playing, so that they aren't drawn in by the rewards for PvP.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/17/2020 at 2:53 PM Post #193
I guess I just don't really see the harm in having it as a task reward. There's nothing that forces a player to have to participate or punishes them for skipping it. The Task Rewards are just a bonus for having participated or just an incentive to participate if the player otherwise wouldn't.

This is obviously aimed at helping to keep the Player lobby filled so that matches can be found quickly and not 30+ minutes.

And hopefully along the way, players will find some fun in doing it. Or maybe they'll find a partner to queue up together with in hopes of playing against each other and having fun doing that or building a bond w/ the other player. Etc, etc.

It all just seems like positives and bonuses that otherwise don't have to be there; but are and are available for players to utilize.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 1/17/2020 at 3:31 PM Post #194
I don't mind it being a task list, I will probably just skip it unless I can find a chunk of time to do it.

Unfortunately though there are people who will want to do those tasks but not want to actually play it (I actually would like to play snow wars, but the AI matches seem so laggy to me and I constantly have to refresh, it dampens my enjoyment of the game) will figure out a way to game the system.

Perhaps, alternatively, since the complaints I have seen seem mainly to be because it can make ranking up for the competition boards hard, make those opt in, so that players who want to play competitively can play against others with the same goal, while players who want random matches, whether for fun or for the tasks (the competition one would satisfy the tasks as well) can do so, without inconveniencing those players.

My views are mostly an outsiders, because this is my first festival and I haven't played competitively (or PvP), I just know what complaints I have seen in the region chat.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 1/18/2020 at 6:23 AM Post #195
hi Krin,

if the leadboards end on the 24th and the festival with snow wars closes the 26th does that mean we will not be getting booster packs from leadboards pouches becaus we rarely get the pouches the same day as boards end and with max 2 days of snow wars remaining it does not feel like you would have a good time to use them (or try to sell them for the people trying to make a profit from it xD )
AC9123
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 145
Posted: 1/18/2020 at 2:03 PM Post #196
Darn, with the new snow wars changes I can't finish my daily tasks anymore. Or I can choose to fail all my school stuff! Like tests! *sob*

I've actually not had time to log into Sylestia for two days now, welp. Woe is me and my miserable life.

edit; but to be fair, I always wondered why there wasn't some system to prevent AFK stuff
Edited By AC9123 on 1/18/2020 at 2:07 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/18/2020 at 3:11 PM Post #197
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=84170&page=20#195
Author: AliceHearts
Time Posted: 1/18/2020 at 6:23 AM
hi Krin,

if the leadboards end on the 24th and the festival with snow wars closes the 26th does that mean we will not be getting booster packs from leadboards pouches becaus we rarely get the pouches the same day as boards end and with max 2 days of snow wars remaining it does not feel like you would have a good time to use them (or try to sell them for the people trying to make a profit from it xD )

I will try and parse the rewards as soon I can once the contest ends.

Also, Snow Wars will remain "open", however, tokens will just no longer regenerate on their own. So the only way to play will be w/ Bonus Tokens... which there are like 8 billion floating around.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 1/18/2020 at 3:16 PM Post #198
ok great then i still have some extra time to try for tier 6 as well X'D

and i only have [Snow Wars Token] x396 (becaus Nael was done and dumped everything on me XD )
Michii
Level 32
The Tender
Threads: 47
Posted: 1/19/2020 at 5:51 AM Post #199
How do I delete my account coz I left months ago so how?
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 1/19/2020 at 11:15 PM Post #200
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=84170&page=20#197
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 1/18/2020 at 3:11 PM
[quote=1970185]

I will try and parse the rewards as soon I can once the contest ends.

Also, Snow Wars will remain "open", however, tokens will just no longer regenerate on their own. So the only way to play will be w/ Bonus Tokens... which there are like 8 billion floating around.

im so happy to hear this, was starting to stress about getting to tier 6 as well as doing boards. we can still work on getting nutcracker neph after the 26th i hope
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 19, 20, 21... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.