Forum Index > News and Announcements > Winter Festival Overview
Page 15 1, 2, 3... 14, 15, 16... 24, 25, 26 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Vin
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 18
Posted: 1/3/2020 at 2:25 PM Post #141
Can I suggest that the prices of the pet making things are too high? I have been doing snow wars and it would take ten rounds just to get any ice water and more than that to get the jewels and glitter and coating. even to buy from other players is very expensive and hard to get enough.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 2:06 AM Post #142
Just letting you know, I think the avatar drops are still ridiculously unbalanced. I've gotten more legendary helds than regular rarity head items. I've got nothing but head items and helds. 95% of the time it is held items. Sometimes nothing.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,124
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 5:07 PM Post #143
I made some price adjustments in the Frost Essence Exchange and lowered some of the costs.

Any players who had made purchases at the original prices were reimbursed depending on what the price difference is now. You would have received an Account Notification and the reimbursed Melted Frost Essences to your Trades.
Rileyy
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 56
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 5:22 PM Post #144
If part of your goal is to get people to spend more tokens in the shop, may I suggest increasing the amount of tokens one might get from anything? Snow wars, battle drops, helping grow others pets, etc.

I know they arent hard to get this fest, but it makes it very difficult to balance out how I spend my tokens and experience the fest. For example somebody who collects avatar items and spends most tokens buying the seasonal avatar items and boxes would have a more difficult time balancing that hobby of trying to keep up with collecting to being able to grow pets and customize them how they want.

Youre doing an awesome job as always hearing out everyone and making adjustments or explaining why you wont btw, keep it up! Ive slipped into too much irl so I havent been on much recently but Im trying ;-;

I also understand what youre saying in these posts, maybe if you think my idea is worth trying it could be in a future fest.
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=84170&page=14#139
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 1/2/2020 at 4:53 PM
[quote=1953199]

With the changes to Festival Currency Tokens where they are no longer reimbursed, I made additional changes to try and promote their demand so that they are sufficiently used and hold value throughout a festival. Part of this was to try and direct players more into spending the Tokens in the Festival Shop/other features.

And in order for that to work, I had to change how frequently the supplies dropped in other places. So the growing customization supplies don't really drop anymore and were replaced w/ higher token drops and it's expected for players to mostly buy those from the shop now as needed.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=84170&page=14#140
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 1/2/2020 at 5:05 PM
[quote=1953295]

It's all just a very delicate balance that I'm still trying to figure out. =\

Especially with the Haunted House and Winter Wonderland features; as those features have an exact amount of prizes pre-determined on the map. So changing one item's drop rate immediately and somewhat dramatically affects everything else as something else has to fill that gap.

The change to the Festival Currency Tokens had a very large impact on how to structure all of these features. I am definitely still trying to learn from player behavior and adjust everything accordingly. It will be an ongoing process for many festivals.
Edited By RedDestiny37 on 1/4/2020 at 5:25 PM.
Rileyy
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 56
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 5:31 PM Post #145
While Im on this thread:

Ive been playing a lot of snow wars and at first I thought I probably mistook seeing this but now Im 100% sure his is happening.
Sometimes when Im playing Snow wars it skips my turn. This has happened in AI matches and player matches. It only seems happens when the opponents turn times out. When the timer times out, it resets at 35 seconds, ticks down to 30 then an opponents piece moves. Sometimes it goes to my turn sometimes it just starts the opponents turn again and they get to make a second move. When it goes to my turn Ill try to select a piece and my screen seems to reload then it goes to the opponents turn without registering the move I tried to make. I dont think Ive seen this happen to any opponents so idk if anyone else has experienced or noticed this and idk if anyone else has mentioned this but its happened to me maybe between 5-10 times total so far. Most of the time I dont think it effects the games outcome but its very frustrating and a couple times Ive lost pieces I was about to use because of the opponents second turn. Im not sure if it ticks down the turn timer thing for when a piece rests after being used, I didnt notice it and I just thought about that now. Ill update this post if it happens again before you get to respond ^-^

I messaged Theafy, Somneli, and Sakina on discord because I knew theyve also played a lot of games. Theafy and Somneli both said its never happened to them. This might just be a me thing then lol
Edited By RedDestiny37 on 1/4/2020 at 5:44 PM.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 6:37 PM Post #146
I have had the snow wars missing my turn thing before too, but in prior years. I find that, a lot of the time, if my opponent's time is running down, it's not really that it's running down. It's that they made a move, but for whatever reason my screen didn't reload to trigger my turn. I noticed it because before this year I played almost exclusively against the AI and the AI makes its move within a few seconds of its turn, so if the time is running down against the AI, then something has gone wrong triggering my turn. It fixes itself if you refresh the screen, so if it's been more than a couple of seconds against the AI, or more than 10 seconds against another player, I always refresh to make sure I have enough time to make a move.

For Krin's reference, I use firefox when I play on Sylestia, zoomed out to 80%. I do not use the Sylestia extension, and my firefox is up to date.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 7:16 PM Post #147
I would like to second what RedDestiny said.

I am relatively new. I joined during the spring festival, and have like 5 winter avvie items. As such, I want winter avvie boxes. But, I also want to do Winter wonderland for both the task and because you can get good stuff from it, I want to grow things, and want to buy lots of essences from the shop because I just don't seem to be getting any from other activities except daily, and that all means I need lots and lots of tokens, which just don't seem to be happening.

I understand not flooding the site with them, and things like that, but, at least for me, I feel that making the tokens drop a bit more (or alternatively let us turn our snow wars tokens to frost tokens...) would actually make me want to spend them MORE because I knew I could make up the balance much easier. Instead I feel I have to save all my tokens until I can get the WW task done (which is going to be a while), and that means I can't get started on my sculpting because it means I don't have the tokens to buy boxes or essences. (Avvie boxes aren't even on the radar yet)

I do love what you are doing, and this is one of two sites I have been on where the admins actually listen to the players, and I love that about Sylestia.
Tigerking
Level 72
Snow Wars Combatant
Threads: 7
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 8:21 PM Post #148
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=84170&page=15#145
Author: Rileyy
Time Posted: 1/4/2020 at 5:31 PM
While Im on this thread:

Ive been playing a lot of snow wars and at first I thought I probably mistook seeing this but now Im 100% sure his is happening.
Sometimes when Im playing Snow wars it skips my turn. This has happened in AI matches and player matches. It only seems happens when the opponents turn times out. When the timer times out, it resets at 35 seconds, ticks down to 30 then an opponents piece moves. Sometimes it goes to my turn sometimes it just starts the opponents turn again and they get to make a second move. When it goes to my turn Ill try to select a piece and my screen seems to reload then it goes to the opponents turn without registering the move I tried to make. I dont think Ive seen this happen to any opponents so idk if anyone else has experienced or noticed this and idk if anyone else has mentioned this but its happened to me maybe between 5-10 times total so far. Most of the time I dont think it effects the games outcome but its very frustrating and a couple times Ive lost pieces I was about to use because of the opponents second turn. Im not sure if it ticks down the turn timer thing for when a piece rests after being used, I didnt notice it and I just thought about that now. Ill update this post if it happens again before you get to respond ^-^

I messaged Theafy, Somneli, and Sakina on discord because I knew theyve also played a lot of games. Theafy and Somneli both said its never happened to them. This might just be a me thing then lol
the snow wars skipping happens to me to
Slytherin7
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 72
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 10:21 PM Post #149
I agree. I collect avatar items, and in past festivals most of my tokens were spent on avatar boxes. I had only 32 tokens remaining last fest because of my avi box addiction. Now there's beautiful items in the shop that I want, I STILL want the avatar boxes, and tokens have been a major setback for me. I've been playing everyday since the start of the fest and just NOW am I at the point where I can afford ONE of the items. I have absolutely nothing to spare if I need brewing items.

Also, I've found that frost catalysts have been extremely scarce for me this fest. During the fall fest, I had enough catalysts to completely accomplish the Regular Catalyst achievement AND give some to others who needed to do the same. I've only gotten 4 catalysts this fest.

And, the bosses never drop items. In the past week, I've gotten I believe 1 or maybe 2 held items and that is it. As an avatar item hoarder, it's very frustrating for me.

(Sorry for the rant, this is my first winter festival and this has been the first fest that I didn't enjoy. I just feel like I'm fighting for ages but getting nowhere and achieving nothing.)
Nezuchan
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 19
Posted: 1/5/2020 at 7:48 PM Post #150
Hey, I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this isn't where I'm supposed to say this, but I got a notification that I finished a festival task and I haven't received the prize? It's been about five hours, and usually when I complete a task the prize and the notification come soon after, and I've been checking my inventory, the shop, and I haven't received any trades, so I'm kinda lost ask to what's going on, could someone help, please?
Edited By Nezuchan on 1/7/2020 at 2:25 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 14, 15, 16... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.