Threads: 155
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 9:15 PM Post #1
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 9:15 PM Post #2

Written by: Grapejuice

What a busy, busy month this has been! The fall festival has only just begun and an exciting new update has taken Sylestia by storm!

~The Fall Festival~
There's plenty to be doing including entering the event zone to find those precious themed, playing those contest games, and partaking in the many games from the event!

Themed Pet List
A brand new feature this list shows us which pets were chosen as this year's fall themes as well as separates them into the different categories of wild, brewed, and Trick Or Treat themes!

Trick Or Treat
Trick or treating has made a grand return and as always we're excited to partake, make sure to go on down and knock on fellow player's doors. You can visit a player and ask for candy, they will later respond by either giving you the desired treat or a small personal item to use! By collecting enough candies you can make a Handful of Candy and enjoy some wonderful prizes!

What is new this time around however are the special themes that can be collected through trick or treating, so get to knocking on those doors!

The Haunted House
Another returning event, you can purchase entry into the house by either 250 diamonds, 500k gold, or 1,000 chocolate coins. Once inside there are three levels to get through with each level handing out greater and rarer prizes! Such prizes include:

Another fun mechanic of the haunted house is the Genies Lamp! The Genie's Lamp is a special item that allows you to summon a Genie and be granted one of three available wishes. The Genie's Lamp also carries over from one game to the next until it is used. These three wishes are:

Remove All Objects
Grant the Ghostly Key
Grant Additional Tools

Leaderboard Contests
Of course whats a fest without the leaderboard contests? It's something for everyone to participate in. You can either nurture your way to the top or battle all the way. 1st place winners receive a 3vis themed pet corresponding to the board they won on, while the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Place finishers of each contest will receive a 2-Visible pet of that species. All top 10 winners will receive a Contest Leaderboard Pouch which can contain some of the Festival's best items!

Task Log
The Festival Task Log is back and is full of 40+ Tasks for all sorts of things during the Festival. Complete the tasks to win rewards and prizes, some tasks can only be completed once in the whole fest while others are daily tasks that you can keep coming back to do and be rewarded for!

Forum Games
Drusilla's Deals
Drusilla is constantly looking for wild pets to use in her favour and attend to her needs! She's collecting contracts for recently caught wild pets, so be prepared to go hunting when a new deal is conjured!

Spooky Stories
With this ghostly month, what's better than curling up with a scary story to set the mood? Anyone can enter! Just write up a short story (no longer than 1000 words!) and include all the words on the list provided in the thread! Good luck to you all, I can't wait to read the spine chilling, tummy turning stories you come up with.

Design a Spooky 3vis Pet
This game is very simple, just visit the Generator and create your own 'Spooky' Sylesti. You can choose any species and design a Sylesti based on what you think of when you think of the word spooky.
3 designs will be chosen at random and those people will have their designs generated! There's still time to enter, and as winners haven't been decided on yet here's a couple of designs that have already been entered.

Devil Sylvorpa by Dinnerbone

Moonlit Night Ryori By Atriella

Nytkerie By Stupic

Always a fun one to partake in the avatar dress-up is simple! Just go to the wardrobe and 'dress up' your avatar into a fall themed character. take the image of the character and post it onto the thread! Now the design doesn't have to be made up of only items you own! So there really is no limit to what you can do here. You may also include a short story or exert explaining who your character is. As winners haven't been picked yet here's some examples of entered designs:

By Syrix

If I were a pumpkin...
I would taste sweet
I would be full of magic
I would like to be free
I'd want to live

If I were a pumpkin...
I would frolic through the wind
I would wish the night would never end
I would love the sight of trick or treater's
I would listen to the songs of the night
I would soon fall asleep as the clock strikes at midnight..

By Fawncatuslover

A forest dryad following the changing of seasons. She is currenty a fall dryad. With her is the spirit guide of the forest, who guides the souls lost this previous summer to her, so she can send them safely off.

Pumpkin Carving Contest
There are two forms, the digital contest, where you are given a digital pumpkin and must draw yuor carving, including lighting effects and design, and one traditional or actually taking a pumpkin in real life, and carving it! Both are great creative opportunities! And as winners haven't been chosen here are a couple of entries for each:
By Mysticmother

By Scathreoite

By Minkin

By Dragoil

Word Search

You have to find the words on the side in the jumble of letters you see above! There's still time to enter, as with all the other games above there are three winners drawn from those who enter in correctly so hop to it!

~Wardrobe Update~
It's been underway a long time but it's finally here! The wardrobe update! Searching for items has never been easier, you can philtre items by what you have and don't, rarity, year of release, type of item, and which festival or event it's part of.

Along with that is a much better AP system with more wardrobe slots to buy, a number more hair/face/ear etc. options to purchase and a max on the amount of Ap a plyer can hold. Some other updates include:

it's not yet perfect, and there's a number of bugs and kinks in this new system but krin and the team have been hard at work fixing them and getting this thing running! So a big round of applause and many thank you's to all the hard work that was put into getting this new system released!

whew! A lot happened in October and I'm sure that a lot will come in November with the final of the fall festival wrapping up but until then have a wonderful month and we'll see you in November for the next issue!
Edited By Grapejuice on 11/2/2019 at 10:09 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 9:22 PM Post #3

Written By: Grapejuice Edited By: Grapejuice

The Winners for the design contest will be announced in next month's issue as Judges are still tallying up the prizes and comparing Designs! There is still time to submit a design the prompt is Zombie. Thank you to all the wonderful people who participated so far. Here's a little showcase of all the currently entered designs:

By Dragoil

By Doggie33

By Encryption
Edited By Grapejuice on 11/1/2019 at 9:23 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 9:38 PM Post #4

Written By: Gr>p-_~ice Sam

It's finally my time! Now, Sadie don't need ta know I'm here you gettit? This stays between you and me for now. I've prepared a little game for you all! Sprinkled you clues here and there. All across the site in fact! I've left a trail of clues that will lead those who can crack my code to a grand prize.

So, you think you're up to the task? You've got until the end of the month.
Go on lets just see!

And remember not a WORD about me.
Edited By Grapejuice on 11/1/2019 at 9:46 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 9:41 PM Post #5
~Ask Sadie~
Written By Grapejuice & Sadie

As the only sylesti on our staff Sadie has the inside look on a sylesti's life, so feel free to send in questions for her to answer! Just PM any questions to Grapejuice, and in the next issue, Sadie will answer them with a sylesti's perspective!

Whats your favourite part of halloween?
"Well I LOVE dressing up in costume (Can you tell?) but I also really like the chilling idea that ghouls and ghosts come out to play tonight! Although, Another thing is obviously the candy!

How did you get your job here?
If you must know, Grapejuice offered me the job back when she revived the old times, because it kept getting dropped before that it was Galaxia and before that it used to be Selestial in the first times page!
Edited By Grapejuice on 11/1/2019 at 11:29 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 9:42 PM Post #6

Written By: Orca2whale, Edited By: Grapejuice

Hello all! I'm back with another Themed Pet Showcase, and as this month is the Fall Fest, I decided to take a more spooky route and cover a more fitting theme!

Introducing...the Pale Fright Ryori by Copeh!

What gave you the idea for the theme?
Usually, I search for images with pleasing colour palettes to inspire me for themes, but this theme was different in that I made the colour palette from my thoughts regarding the phrase "pale with fright." That gave me the very light base colour for that theme, then I added orange and black because Halloween is a great spooky holiday that happens during the Fall season~ Many creatures have a bright colouring (often using red) as a sign of "danger" or "caution," which is designed to cause some level of fright/avoidance in other creatures, so I added in a small hint of that too.

How long did it take you to design?
It's hard to remember exactly, but I probably spent 2-3 hours on it. I think that was the first fest I submitted designs for so it took some time to figure out where every single ryo trait draws colors from. In particular, I fought a lot with m2 and m3.. sometimes I caused those to show a single color when those traits use multiple colors.

Did you expect to get your design chosen?
Nope! I submitted a few designs with color choices which I thought many people may find unattractive, and this was one of those designs. I considered it a gamble to submit this ryo, but it was super fun to make and I was proud of what I did so I submitted it anyways~

Thanks Copeh!

Anyway, the Fall Fest's been in full swing for a while now and now we've got a new addition-a themed pet list! How useful! Coder Krin has really addressed an unspoken request with this one!

Happy Fall Fest everyone! *runs off to go waste more gold be productive catch themes that don't want anything to do with me*

~Orca ><>
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 9:55 PM Post #7
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 10:45 PM Post #8
October's issue (Albeit a day late) Is out!
Lively
Level 71
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 43
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 11:13 PM Post #9
You have a typo the clue says Syestia not Sylestia
Harajuko
Level 75
The Tender
Threads: 8
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 11:23 PM Post #10
Great issue! :D
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.