Forum Index > News and Announcements > Summer Festival Overview
Page 9 1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 18, 19, 20 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Hawkins
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 9
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:10 PM Post #81
how do we get more poles/ shovels/ tokens without battling?

I can't afford diamonds, don't have enough gold to afford all the diamonds i'd need, and nurturing 3-4 dozen eggs for a single token means that won't work.

And the trading post prices are going to skyrocket.
I still have 20 catalysts left to use.
Squeak
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 2
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:17 PM Post #82
I agree with Xav. x.x It's kind of harsh. I feel as if this should have been posted at the beginning of fest, not the last few hours. Especially since so many of us have been hunting all fest for the maj catalysts (I only just recently managed to buy and plant a maj ligh). And if auto-finishing wasn't meant to be a feature, it probably should have been stated clearly since obviously so many players thought it was.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:17 PM Post #83
I made some adjustments to the clause 2 for the auto complete of Sculptures:

2. The Sculpture must be at least 16% (or 10% for a Majestic Catalyst) completed OR the Sculpture must have a [Prismatic Pearl].

This should make it a bit easier to attain.

Additionally, these type of features (such as auto completing unfinished Sculptures or turning un-used items from the previous year into 500 Gold tokens, etc) are not meant to be like legitimate mechanics. They originally came about as just generous ways to help players out here and there. However, as time has gone on, they have become more and more taken advantage of and now at this point - players hoard a bunch of festival items just so they can get a big payday at the start of next year's Festival... or start a bunch of Catalysts at the end of a festival just to have them all auto completed w/o having to put forth the expected work of growing them. Unfortunately, since these things are kinda becoming more and more prevalent, I am going to have to adjust the specifics of the generosity because it's essentially circumventing how the features/mechanics are supposed to work.

That being said, of course I still want to try and be as lenient to players as I feasibly can be while maintaining balance. But the past few festivals have seen like almost 50% of all pets created from the entire festival occurring during the "auto complete" at the end of the Festival. When it began, it was maybe like 10%. I would be satisfied with around ~20% so that is what I am striving for this time around.

I do apologize for any inconvenience and I do hope my adjustments above will make it a bit more attainable. I do always try and stress though that these things are never guaranteed - that is why there is never an official announcement or write up on them as how the mechanics work for the feature. It is always just a last minute announcement based on how I judge the feature went during the festival.
Edited By Krinadon on 9/9/2019 at 4:18 PM.
Shadowized
Level 75
Leaf Bender
Threads: 98
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:20 PM Post #84
Coming in as a newer played (under a year).. I had no idea it wasn't the norm so I apologize for my part in it. Why not for the next fest you start off new and no longer allow it from the get go or maybe just with a little bit of leeway at the end. I completely agree with it, I was just a little blindsided this time because I hadn't realized the true nature of the beast, so to speak.
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:21 PM Post #85
That's perfectly fine, its your choice on what happens anyways
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 96
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:24 PM Post #86
I personally never thought that the auto-complete was intended to keep going. It seemed to be just a generous thing that happened. I do agree with Shadowized that maybe it should no longer be available. I would never have a problem with that. ^-^

Honestly, I just try to get everything done myself when possible. I feel like I'm asking for too much or taking advantage when I ask for help. So, I try not to do that. The conditions for getting a sculpture auto-completed is completely fair and just in my opinion.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 58
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:28 PM Post #87
I think it would help to keep fest zone open till the 15th so people have a chance to grind tools and agents to meet the new changes. Personally, I don't lose anything from this and would gain an opportunity to grind and sell things, and for those folks that do lose- there will be supply in broker to get their things done and a chance to grind it themselves if so they desire. Just my suggestion, but I agree with sairento & aerimistress. I was surprised something like this even exists when people told me about it, it was too op to stay forever
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:37 PM Post #88
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=79397&page=9#87
Author: Jaidi
Time Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:28 PM
I think it would help to keep fest zone open till the 15th so people have a chance to grind tools and agents to meet the new changes. Personally, I don't lose anything from this and would gain an opportunity to grind and sell things, and for those folks that do lose- there will be supply in broker to get their things done and a chance to grind it themselves if so they desire. Just my suggestion, but I agree with sairento & aerimistress. I was surprised something like this even exists when people told me about it, it was too op to stay forever

The extra week is so everyone can consume any and all items they obtained during the Festival. Technically, the Festival ends today. And then the bonus week begins through Sunday. But saying, "The Festival Ends Today" makes everyone think everything goes away. So it's worded how it's worded now.
Brightice
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:41 PM Post #89
I only registered on Thursday and was so proud today that I managed to get a sandbox going. I thought I had the rest of the week to gather things to add to it. It would be helpful in the future, for raw newbies like me, if the cutoff date and requirements for completion were posted early on.

I am really enjoying the game so far, but I was so excited about getting a pretty new pet at the end of the week and it looks like that won't happen (since I can only play on mobile from home).
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:43 PM Post #90
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=79397&page=9#89
Author: Brightice
Time Posted: 9/9/2019 at 4:41 PM
I only registered on Thursday and was so proud today that I managed to get a sandbox going. I thought I had the rest of the week to gather things to add to it. It would be helpful in the future, for raw newbies like me, if the cutoff date and requirements for completion were posted early on.

I am really enjoying the game so far, but I was so excited about getting a pretty new pet at the end of the week and it looks like that won't happen (since I can only play on mobile from home).

A week is a long time and 4 Agents is not very much at all. If you participated in any of the Forum Games, those prizes will be handed out this week and the vast majority will offer participation prizes that I am sure will include Tokens and/or Agents.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 18, 19, 20
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.