Forum Index > News and Announcements > Summer Festival Overview
Page 20 1, 2, 3... 18, 19, 20 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Falcor
Level 69
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 1
Posted: 9/20/2019 at 9:04 AM Post #191
Thank you so much LadyShannon, I didn't notice that button there.

Thank you for your help.
Vin
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 18
Posted: 9/20/2019 at 9:40 AM Post #192
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=79397&page=18#180
Author: Mondschatten
Time Posted: 9/20/2019 at 5:41 AM
I intended to finish off the lighira, but rng didn't agree with me having sand blocks the last half of the fest. (The 24 sculpting agents from PaD #2 only gave one sand, on par with how it went the last couple weeks xD )
Thank you for allowing us the autocomplete at all!

Would it be possible to create a trade system in-game like for trick or treating? So if you have 20 water and no sun, you could trade 3 sun for the water. That way there is still incentive for trade among players as the most efficient method but solo people won't be locked out.
Geddra
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 1
Posted: 9/20/2019 at 11:35 AM Post #193
I think having sandbox mats fall mire evenly would make sandboxes easier to finish on time. I did have several really nice fabled essences fall after I set my own date to finish on time so I didn't grow them and gave all my mats away. Perhaps shutting off essence drops a week before final date would help?
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/20/2019 at 11:59 AM Post #194
Thanks Kevin! This was a great fest and I cna wait for fall fest :p
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 9/20/2019 at 12:00 PM Post #195
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=79397&page=18#178
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 9/20/2019 at 4:51 AM
All Sand Sculpting Pets have been auto completed and added to players' Hatcheries if they were eligible to do so, which, literally, virtually almost every single unfinished sculpture was. A few stats just for transparency:

8,694 Pets were grown to 100% and harvested manually during the Festival.
3,323 Pets were unfinished after the Festival closed.
3,315 were eligible to be auto completed, or 99.8%.

This meant that of the total 12,009 Sculpture Pets for this year, 28% of them were created via the auto complete "feature". In other words, 38% as many pets were auto completed as were grown via the intended mechanics.

If it's such a small number did this make a difference? Or did people adjust knowing the completion rates mattered?

One thing maybe to think about for the future is that a lot of the prizes for participating in the festival are distributed towards the end. So that means at the end is usually when you get your ideal pet to create making this maybe more stressful to some? Perhaps. Just a thought I had.
Bishiekaichou
Level 64
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 3
Posted: 9/20/2019 at 2:51 PM Post #196
i honestly don't really get the problem with the auto-finishing. I mean I understand some people might abuse it but the majority of this community seems pretty decent and generous. I even originally thought that the auto-finish concept was to help new players who joined during the event or people who started late to give them a boost up.
This is my first event and since I was relatively new with low funds it was nice to know I had the auto-finish to fall back on.
But even so it wasn't like I didn't legitimately try to complete sculptures. Half I managed on my own and another half was thanks to very generous players in chat (which I felt bad about bugging people so much >.>;) because I really didn't have time (with real life things) or resources to invest fully and managed as well as I could.
The sculptures I had to leave for auto-finish was because it was the end of the event and there wasn't time plus I didn't have enough agents.
I only just got my first fable cata near the very end of this event and there was no way I would have completed in time! No amount of treasure hunting would have saved me. And I did buy/trade during this event but again I didn't have that much money to begin with so I couldn't really buy that many things.
I really wouldn't have gotten my first fable if not for the auto-finish.

The only time I even managed to have surplus of agents was on the very last day of the event and I used them all on other people's sculptures to make sure they hit the minimum requirement for the auto-finish and I honestly can't feel bad about that?
I mean using them on my own wouldn't haven't finished any of the sculptures except one. I also was busy working and completely forgot to check my sculptures but thanks to other players generosity my last sculpture reached the minimum. I got home with only 2 hours before event end and I would not have been able to finish that on my own.
Ximph
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 48
Posted: 9/20/2019 at 3:25 PM Post #197
I did end up posting up the rest of my catalysts a few days before the fest ended, but as others said, I used as much sculpt on them as I could. I even bought more sculpt supplies with my leftover hoarded tokens! I still only got them all to about 50% which is pretty good considering it was after fest.
Shadowized
Level 75
Leaf Bender
Threads: 97
Posted: 9/20/2019 at 3:29 PM Post #198
Thank you Krin for another good fest. Some hiccups, but hindsight is twenty twenty. Main note I have is asking that you please state upfront in the fest overview whether or not the pets grow on their own. I personally had some confusion about this because I had thought they did, which in turn led me to having a lot of uncompleted pets at a very inopportune time.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 9/20/2019 at 7:06 PM Post #199
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=79397&page=20#193
Author: Geddra
Time Posted: 9/20/2019 at 11:35 AM
I think having sandbox mats fall mire evenly would make sandboxes easier to finish on time. I did have several really nice fabled essences fall after I set my own date to finish on time so I didn't grow them and gave all my mats away. Perhaps shutting off essence drops a week before final date would help?

What if you introduced a 'greater block of sculpting agents' like at the spring fest, where you're guaranteed one of each? That would go a long way toward mitigating the 'only x no y' problem.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 9/29/2019 at 7:10 AM Post #200
Hey Krin!!! Its been a while, but I was thinking about something you had said in the summer fest about the rollover from unused catas and what not. A lot of people just wait for payday because all the items are converted to tokens and sold. But what if for the catalyst they were just returned as salvaged catalysts? Then they are useable for that fest, but only at a 1:3 ratio for regulars, and I doubt anyone will really stock up on fabled and majestic enough to maybe more than a couple right off the bat. However Im not a code genius so I dont even know itll its possible XD but it was an idea I felt was worth sharing
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 18, 19, 20
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.