Forum Index > Player Introductions > A Confused New Player
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Bishiekaichou
Level 64
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 3
Posted: 7/25/2019 at 3:51 PM Post #1
Hello all! Im new to Sylestia which I actually found out about due to Flightrising.
If anyone has any tips that would be great especially tips for gold or getting pets? Ive been doing missions so far but Im spending more than I make so xD
I did look at a few of the guides but not in depth.

Also for traits can anyone tell me what purple colored genes are? I know blue means visible and green means carried? No idea what purple means.

Im also a bit confused about genes and breeding.
If I breed two pets with only visible genes does that mean their offspring wont have any genes?

Anything else you think I should know or any advice in general would be greatly appreciated. I have absolutely no idea what Im doing so...xD
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 7/25/2019 at 4:32 PM Post #2
Welcome to sylestia ^-^

1. To catch new pets from the wild you nead traps, usualy those avalable at the start of the game are only capable to catch green star pets and later you will be able to get the blue and purple ones. To avoid using as many, try to weaken the pet before using a trap.

2. Does not use the healer in town, they are scams. You may nead to get some mission pets from higher level players in the futur to get more gold quicker.

3. Purple colored genes are ressessive or 'hiden', that mean that there is a carried trait beneth your active trait. In front of all genes there is two letters between parentesis, they can be read like this Visible gene-Carried gene. For a carry the visible gene is N for none, in the case of a visible it is the letter related to the gene twice (you can look them up in the generator) and in the case of an hiden trait the first letter is related to the visible and the second to the carried trait that the pet have.

Exemple :

carry = (NA)
Visible = (AA)
Hiden = (AB)

4. Visible traits are alwais caried over to the offspring unless you are breeding two pets that have a different traits in the same slot, then there is a chance that the offspring only get one of the two and not both (see ressessive). If the pet you are breeding with does not have a trait visible in that slot, the trait will be passed down as a carry and will only be noticeable once it get tested.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 7/25/2019 at 5:08 PM Post #3
Welcome, I believe Orca2whale has a list of tips somewhere.... you should just wait for her to say hi.
Anyways, I'm not so great at giving tips in general, but if you have anything in particular you would like tips about or questions you have, feel free to ask me or anyone else!
Let me know if you would like a pet :)
Edited By Canawlia on 7/25/2019 at 5:09 PM.
Bishiekaichou
Level 64
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 7/25/2019 at 9:49 PM Post #4
Thank you so much for all the info!

Guess Ill just wait to catch pets until explore a bit more; Ive mostly been buying them anyways.

Oooh I see. All the letter really threw me off before so I just went by color XD
Thanks so much for explaining!

I see. So do I always how to test each offspring for the traits even if I am breeding them from the same parents repeatedly?
And by noticeable do you mean they become visible?

Thanks for all your help and for the welcome! ^^
Edited By Bishiekaichou on 7/25/2019 at 9:49 PM.
Bishiekaichou
Level 64
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 7/25/2019 at 9:54 PM Post #5
Hello! Thanks so much for the welcome! :)
As for questions, I was wondering if them was a way to view potential offspring of other peoples pets similar to flightrising?
Also is there a catalog to view all pets or themed pets? I did find a guide pinned but it was incomplete 0.0
I would love a pet if you have any to spare! Thank you for offering! ^^
Edited By Bishiekaichou on 7/25/2019 at 9:55 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 7/25/2019 at 9:57 PM Post #6
I'm afraid there isn't a way to view potential offspring of other people's pets.
There isn't a catalog of al themed pets, but I guess you could use advanced search (I can elaborate if needed).
Here is your pet, he's a themed and will be beautiful when he grows up ^^
Edited By Canawlia on 7/25/2019 at 9:59 PM.
Bishiekaichou
Level 64
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 7/25/2019 at 10:00 PM Post #7
I see. Thanks for answering ^^

Advanced search...oh wow I didnt even notice that search bar on the side haha
That makes things easier.

Thank you so much!! :D
Edited By Bishiekaichou on 7/25/2019 at 10:00 PM.
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 7/25/2019 at 10:02 PM Post #8
if you are familiar with the pair and they dont have any hiden traits to surprise you, testing the offspring isn't neaded.Tho if the have ressessive or carried traits it is alwais good to test them to know what the offspring realy look like.

And yes, i ment become visible but obviously not on the pet itself, just in his genetic section. ^-^
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 7/25/2019 at 10:56 PM Post #9
Hi, welcome to Sylestia!
(Apologies in advance for the length of this reply)

General Tips:

1. As people may have already said, missions are the best way to get gold. The higher the level of the pet, the greater the chance of success. Also, you should have dedicated mission pets that specialize in a trait that works best for a particular mission type.
If the mission says...you need this trait...
sturdy: health
strong: strength
clever: intelligence
adept: dexterity
nimble: agility
(a little unsure about the last two but all my mission slots are filled rn so I can't check)
I can elaborate more if you need.

2. Getting through the story line is highly recommended since you can unlock more missions that give you more gold :)

3. If you want more pets, lots of people have giveaways or raffles for newbies

4. A word of caution, it's really easy to get / breed too many pets without realizing it and expanding stable space is really expensive

5. Advanced search is amazing (I think someone covered this already)

6. To test a pet for hidden / carried traits, you need a genetic tester but those are expensive. However, there are people who will test pets for free or for a small fee

As for breeding, it can get really complicated but I'll try my best to explain.

Basically, for each of a pet's 6 trait slots there are four options. I'll be using the letters A and B for this demonstration.
NN (nothing there)
NA (carried trait, not visible on the pet or even shown as "NA" unless the pet is tested)
AA (visible trait, no hidden trait. Trait A is seen on the pet)
AB (visible trait A is seen on the pet, but trait B can be passed onto the offspring)
^Hidden traits also not shown as "AB" unless the pet is tested.

When determining the trait passed onto the offspring, you need to understand punnet squares. I'm going to assume that you're already familiar with punnet squares for the sake of brevity and just show you all the possible outcomes of breeding two pets. Btw, this only shows the results for one trait slot. Now just apply this to every trait slot and you can kind of guesstimate the outcome of your offspring.

One last thing about hidden traits, the trait that corresponds to the letter that comes first in the alphabet is the visible trait and the other is the hidden trait. So AB will always show A and be written as AB not BA.

There's a really extensive guide here: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=370
(But I found it kinda confusing when I first read it years ago)

Congrats, you got through my long winded lecture. Would you like a pet or gold or avi items? Or something else? All of the above? I've got lots to spare :)

Let me know if you got any more questions and I'd be happy to help :) I will also try to refrain from such long answers in the future ;)
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 7/26/2019 at 12:12 AM Post #10
Hi there! <><

If u want avi items or pets let me know I got a ton ;D

Tips:
DOn't use town healers or buy potions. They're a scam. You can get more from missions and pets heal on their own.
Mission. Mission. Mission.
DOn't buy or capture everything, most aren't worth that much in reality
And feel free to ask questions, we're a friendly site ;)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.