Players 2,422 378
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,239,928 1,189
Generated 656,151 22
Captured 1,190,346 61
Bred 6,393,337 1,106
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > ~ Sylestia Grand Royale Round Two: Votin...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 6/26/2019 at 8:41 PM Post #1
Welcome all to the second round of voting for Sylestia Grand Royale. I am are excited to see who our second winner will be!!

For this first round we had writing, with a prompt to describe your experience of meeting your starter pet. Contestants were tasked with creating an enriching short story telling you, the reader, how they met or received their starter pet.

Usernames have been edited out of stories to preserve blind voting.

Voter Rules
- Contestants may vote, but please dont vote for yourself.
- Voting is blind meaning all entries will be labeled with numbers, not names. When placing your votes - please be sure to clearly state the NUMBERS of the entries you are voting for.
- Each person may vote twice, but your votes cannot both go to the same short story. You MUST vote for different entries.
- Adding feedback to your votes is helpful for the contestants, but please keep it constructive.
- we're aware it's slightly easier to tell whose is whose due to the inclusion of photos of the starter pets, but to try and judge just the writing and not the user.

If you would like to be pinged for voting rounds please let me know.

Voting will be open from the time this thread is posted until July 1st at 8PM Sylestia Site Time. Winners will be announced shortly after voting ends.

I am sorry for the long wait, I have been helping a friend in a bit situation as well as being in the process of traveling. Everything should be back on track now though and once again i'm sorry.

Now I am aware that there are several entires missing, as of the late put out date these players will just forfeit a chance for a prize, those this round is still non-elimination.
Edited By Limor on 6/26/2019 at 8:42 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/26/2019 at 8:51 PM Post #2
Contestant One
There's a slight crackle as an old dilapidated computer system is booted up. The first file that pops up starts to load. The bar creeps agonizingly slow across the screen until it finally reaches the end and a logo of a blue and tan lizard-like creature with wings and the name Sylestia pops up. As it fades a nervous female voice starts to play, the speaker sounds to be either in her early twenties or nearing them.

- January 1st, 2016, 5:54:47pm -
a u d i o _ l o g _ 1

_Hello? Hello, i-is this thing on?_

There's a loud shuffling as though a desk is being cleared, papers, clunky metal objects and what sounds like a heavy paperweight are moved, before a chair groans as the weight on it shifts, and everything finally goes quiet. After another slight pause, the nervous female voice continues.

_Okay, it seems to be working. uh yeah, hi I guess? This is codename ______ reporting in for the daily log. I've landed in the previously unexplored terrain and have made contact with the locals. The village to which I've made contact with is Esior's Haven. locals have strange and fantastical creatures as pets and companions, they shall from now on be referred to as "sylesti"._

There's a pause as a mouse is clicked and the pinging of a message board of sorts lighting up emanates in the background.

_I've uploaded a file including information on the sylesti I have already encountered in the village. The names of the species which the locals provided me with are included. For historical reference, these species are pronounced Qitari, Sylvorpa, Aurleon, Zolnixi, Draeyl, and Vulnyx._

______ appears to struggle with the pronunciation herself but seems to get all of them relatively right on the first try. If there was a mistake she does not bother to correct herself.

_Tomorrow I'll be heading into the fields surrounding the town, the (literal) jet lag is horrible._

- January 2nd, 2016, 11:11:11am -
a u d i o _ l o g _ 2

_This is codename ______ reporting in for the daily log._

There's a loud growling in the background and the sound of a cardboard box being tossed around. Footsteps echo and slowly get quieter, what sounds like Grapejuice in the background is reprimanding something for scratching up the boxes.
Footsteps get louder and the chair squeaks as weight is put back on it.

_The disturbance was caused by one of the sylesti. I had been out exploring the fields when I'd come across a hostile looking Vulnyx. I had considered blasting the thing and making my escape when I noticed it seemed interested in the fairy mushrooms in my bag._

There's another lengthy pause as a mouse furiously clicks and a multitude of pinging message boards assault the audio log.

_I have uploaded files regarding local flora and their medical, edible, and defensive uses. Moving on, It seemed interested in them so I tossed it one and after cautiously regarding me it bent down and started to bat the mushroom._

_______ emits a small snort of laughter before clearing her throat and continuing.

_It played with it for a full minute and thirty two point one seconds before eating it whole. It looked to me for more and I spent the following twenty-nine and fifteen seconds playing with the Vulnyx. By the time I had run out of fairy mushrooms, I was getting hungry so I have headed back here for a bite to eat and to write up this log._

The sound of more scratching boxes comes up again and _______ lets out an exasperated sigh but does not get up again.

_The sylesti followed me back, it is incredibly stealthy and I did not notice it's presence until I had stepped inside. It seemed too much an effort to bring it back to the wilds and it has not exhibited any more hostile tendencies. I have determined it to be a female. She has the strangest colouring I have ever seen! A brilliant yellow base coat, with sky blue swirls and a neon green back fuzz, is only complimented by her red starfire like wings. they seem to almost glow and are to some extent see-through. I must admit I am growing fond of her, she seems to be responding to the name "Kindheart". Perhaps there is some merit to having her on my side._

There's another pause and a lone ping goes up.

_I've uploaded an image of her for posterity, I'll try and report once more tomorrow but I fear this little one might be keeping me very busy._

After that, the audio log clicks off and no more show up. The last thing available on the ancient, cracked screen is an image of a Vulnyx with a brilliant yellow base coat, sky blue swirls, a neon green back fuzz, and red starfire see-through wings.

Contestant Two
It was a beautiful spring day, yet I was stuck inside doing the one thing I hated most in the world: baking. Well, okay, I didn't completely hate it but I happened to have a fear of fire. Which was pretty cringeworthy. (I already had a track record of setting my hair on fire during a birthday party and failing to light a campfire.)

But that's a different story altogether. In truth I was just trying to make Jinxie a nice birthday cake. And it was surprisingly starting to come together. I just needed to put some sugar into the frosting I was mixing when I reached over to the large jar of it sitting to my right...or at least tried to. somehow the entire jar had gone missing! I glanced at my timer-not enough tieme to run to the store and get a new jar, the cake would burn and Jinxie was coming for dinner. I looked aroud wildly before noticing that my back door was open. Strange, i thought, since I hadn't opened it and I lived alone. Looking downward, i noticed hoofprints in spilled flour on the floor. Well, now this was odd.

Deciding i had just enough time, I put down my spoon and followed the prints outside, almost losing them in the thick gras of my yard which went right up to the nearby forest. Luckily the few traces that remained went nowhere near teh forest-instead they circled back to my kitchen door, where inside i found a Qitari with a light pink mane nosing at my frosting!

She loked up as I entered, immediately ducking her head as if she knew she shouldn't be in here. I was about to chas eher out when i noticed that the sugar jar was tipped over the bowl and she'd been using my spoon to mix what was supposed to be frosting.

She offered the spoon to me, as if inviting me for a taste. deciding I couldn't come to harm (kids: don't do this at home, because some wild Sylestis bite), I took a dip and a taste.

It was perfection.

"H-how...wha..? THis is amazing!" I exclaimed. "But how did you know?"

The qitari nuzzled me an dpointed at my ovve, opening the door with her teeth. I quickly pulled out the cake (which luckily wasn't burnt, which was a first) and set it out. Immediately my newfound assistant starting poking around in my drawers for a spatula. Bu tbeing a qitari, there wasn't exactly a lot of room for her to move around in my kitchen.

"here, use this." I presented her with the spatula i'd been about to use and instead used a knife for myself (which doesnt' work as nicely but works anyhow). She son was ahrd at work, and with me seeming to be her assistant of her being mine, we got the cake frosted and quite close to perfection right as Jinxie knocked at the door.

I let Jinxie in, and presented her the cake, wishing her a Happy Birthday. Knowing that i was no master chef, she asked where i'd bought such a beautiful cake.

That was when I introduced her to my Qitari friend. Jinxie took one look and started to grin "I think you met you starter sylesti." she exclaimed.

"B-but I can't cook!" I stammered.

"That doesn't matter, your Sylesti seems to know her way around your kitchen better then you do. Now you can learn. What are you going to call her?" Jinxi e asked curiously.

I thought for a moment. "Sugarfrost. It'll remind me of today." I smiled, putting a hand on the qitari who'd show me the way of the spoon.

(Discalimer: IRL, the author has actually burned her hair on candles during a lighting ceremony and failed to make a fire for her camping skills tests. She also has had sparks fly at her during campouts and once burned some bread on a stick during a campfire)

Contestant Three
The One

Sylestia. The land of the lost. A magical world where the forgotten are remembered. A place where the mightiest warriors roamed. Catriona, the Sylesti seeker, once said that a true warrior won't find it's soul Syesti, it's soul Syesti will find them. Among the courageous and the brave and through the mightiest test of strength will your soul Syesti appear to you, forever tied to your side. Most times, it takes weeks. Sometimes, months. But for the young adventurer,
________, that day seemed like it would never come. He had waited days. Weeks. Months. And it had almost been a year. Poor Sunny suffered through hours of endless toil, reaching peak physical condition. He had passed every physical and mental challenge thrown at him with flying colors. He was worthy of his Syesti companion as so to start a new adventure with! Yet every Sylesti, from Aeridini to Zolnixi, turned their heads away from him. They were not the One.

But _______ wasn't one to give up, though now it had seemed hopeless. Looking for a distraction from this melancholic thought, he trudged swiftly to the barracks looking for a mission to accept.

"This one looks good." The adventurer said, picking out a delivery mission from the bulletin board. The popped the seal of the scroll and unrolled it, looking closely at the message.

Please deliver this tagged Aurleon to Catriona the Sylesti Seeker at the edge of Viridian Meadow.

Reward: 20000g

Tag: MF1306

Sunny made his way to the Sylesti stables and found the Aurleon package. She was a beautiful creature. The enchanting shades of purple made the young man smile and the bright blue ice crystals decorating her shoulder was beautiful. Excited, _____ teather the bird up and prepare for the journey.

"Let's go!" He said leading the way but....yank! The teather snapped back causing Sunny to trip and fall on his back. The Aurleon scwabbled mercilessly, as if she was laughing at his failed attempt. But the adventurer recovered and tried again. "Come on, let's go."

The Aurleon sqwaked in refusal and dropped into her makeshift nest in her stable.

"Will you take food?" Sunny asked, bribing her with some tasty fruit. The creature pecked the fruit twice before giving it a disapproving caw.

"Okay.... how about a pet costume?" He asked again, pointing at the booth of decorated costumes. Yet the bird still remained uninterested. Sunny huffed deeply, staring to get frustrated with this bird. What would make her move? He dug his hands in this pocket, touching a smooth, round item. Pulling it out, he pointed it towards the sun, revealing a shiny blue stone. The Aurleon was quick to her feet, snapping her beak at it in a vain attempt to grab it.

"Oh, you want this?" He asked mischievously. "Well you'll just have to follow me.

Giving off a sound similar to an annoyed sigh, the bird jumped into her feet and strut sassily behind Sunny.

A few hours of walking proved to be very difficult for Sunny and his new acquaintance. His little bird "friend" would stop randomly and ignore the boy constantly and Sunny would yell and rant about the bird constantly. During on of these sessions, the two, though being vastly different creatures, were at it again like an old couple until...

Snap!

"What was that?" ______ inquired, scanning the area. Quiet. Nothing out of the usual. But the Aurleon let out a worrisome sqwak.

Sunny turned around again and observed the area. "There is nothing here."

The bird started to fret uneasily though Sunny had no idea why and continue walking until an unforseen even occurred. A barrage of posion arrows were shot and headed straight for ______. This was surely the end! But the Aurleon swooped down in the nick of time, blasting a fireball that incinerated the arrows. ______ gave his companion a shocked look as two Nightfall bandits appeared from the bushed.

"You saved me?"

The creature cawed in acknowledgement and assumed offensive positive. She nudged Sunny with her beak, waiting for orders.

"Alright girl, hit them with the best you got!"

The elegant animal flew high into the air and rained down a storm of fire and rocks that pelted the Nightfall bandits. They shot arrows at her in defense, only for them to be disintegrated by the intense heat. The bandits retreated into the woods and the Aurleon returned to the ground.

"Thank you." Sunny said, hugging the soft, squishable bird. She cawed in response and affectionately pecked his head. The two finished their journey to Viridian Meadow where Catriona awaited there arrival.

Sunny smiled at the Aurleon as he handed the teather to the Keeper. "Here you are madam. Thank you for the experience."

Catriona smiled as she took the leash. "Thank you, ______. You made a promising delivery. However this Aurleon cannot go with me."

"Why not?" Sunny asked, thinking his hard work had been for nothing.

"I am the Keeper of the Lost Syesti. I help them find their owners. Midnight Freeze, the Aurleon you brought, is not lost. She belongs to you."

Sunny beamed with joy as he once again hugged Midnight Freeze who twittered with delight. The two have been inseparable since as they both continue to defend Sylestia from evil.

And that was how ______ found the One.

Contestant Four
I tap the keyboard furiously.

The keyboard made the perfect sounds. I sit in a small room that I don't own, and glare at the screen. The other players taunted my simplicity, as I couldn't quite see their inscrutable eyes gleaming in the darkness. I'm really tapping now. A piece of hateful music ripples around the room; the melody stresses my subconscious even more.

It's midnight. My feet cold due to the absence of socks and the slight breeze from the AC, by the way, is driving me nuts. Even if I loathed the game, it was remarkably addicting. Roblox. HA! even I assume it's just a time machine. Taking away each hour of the day as a player focuses on the lego-based worlds.

Technically speaking, it's a game inside a game, inside another game, where you play games. Interesting huh? I deem not. A confrere once told me that Minecraft was the same. Not a chance! Minecraft was based on squares and striking animals to death with sticks and blocks of dirt. Not circles.

Anywho...I was loading into one of those weird parkour maps that you can find only when you use a search bar. I can't even recollect the name of that game. Ordinarily, the ad space is cleared due to my ad-blocker, but this time it wasn't. A single ad caught my attention, which was quite rare.

Knowing that I enjoyed new things, I clicked. Click. My eyes wandered. In big, bolded letters spelled Sylestia. Scanning through the main page was enough to make me curious. I wanted to find out what this game honestly was about. Please note at the time, I had no idea what a breeding game was. It was a strange concept for an Eighth graders mind.

The part where you make an account was easy enough. Known for being able to understand a game quickly was a good trait of mine. Created. An account formed on the 14th of December, 2017. Two years ago; I created this account. Two years ago; I created my very first pet.

She was a beauty. The most beautiful thing I had created at the time. I knew exactly what my plans were for her once I caught my very first Sylesti. After I had made the pretty little thing, I thought to myself; was this really "the" game? Looking back at Sylesti named Willow, I could tell that I would be playing another game to add onto the lego-based, square-building, shooting-other-player based games.

It isn't exactly a story of encountering a specific Sylesti. In my mind at the time, Willow was Sylestia. She was the game itself and I could see no other reason to play at the time besides having her in my party.

Contestant Five
When I first entered Sylestia and saw the sylestis I was amazed.At first I thought they were magical creatures.Midnight was based on yin+yang or shading.At first I was thinking they werent supposed to be just ordinary creatures/animals.They were supposed to out of the ordinary. They were supposed to be unique and different. At first I automatically assumed Zolnixis were foxes.At the time red foxes were my favorite animal.I always was a fan of different shades.
I love black and white animals but I felt like the grey kind of balanced the black and white.I love drawing and I felt like adding some of that into my dear midnight.Whever I draw I love to shade in spots and color my creatures with grey or black.I named her Midnight because the black and the dark shade of grey reminded me of night.Her name reminds me of stars.Starting pets are really important because depending on how they look can show people what type of person you are.Thats how I made/it Midnight

Edited By Limor on 6/27/2019 at 8:22 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/26/2019 at 8:51 PM Post #3
Contestant Six
=----=

I dont feel pain anymore. Their thoughts swirled like a whirlpool. Were they dead? It was dark, silent, and felt like death. The faint sounds of screams still echoed from before. So why is it so cold? Slowly, feeling began coming back to their body, and they felt frozen, as if they couldnt move anything. No, I must move, I must escape. My work it is not done yet! Moving the muscles of the body felt like moving under a frozen pond. A small crack of light appeared. It was tiny, almost like a dream. The more they moved, the more they could feel the light growing bigger and bigger, until they could breathe again. Was I just born? They opened their eyes, standing atop a large building, craggy and worn like a ruin. They were alive, and smiled a large and happy smile, only to be taken aback as they tried to remember something. Ive felt this thrill before I know it well, but Their thoughts wandered off. Who... am I? Their voice sounded almost cold and sharp like stone. Taking the appearance into account, they were grey skinned, fangs poked out of their mouth, and black flowing hair felt long and heavy on their head. I need a name. They gazed around and tried to climb down the large stone structure. Its night no one will notice me out here The full moon shone above the ruin casting them in silver lining. Their back felt heavy, and a quick look gave them an answer of why. Two large black-and-blue feathered wings were protruding from their back. Flight, they could fly. Halfway down the stone structure, they opened and closed their new limbs, and jumped off the side. Spreading their wings, and landing on the grass back-first, eyes clamped shut. Pain filled their back now, at least they had to be alive to feel that. Slowing opening eyes yielded a crow, shining blue in the moon, perched atop an arch. You look beautiful, you almost glow in the silver They watched it fly away, its call fading away. A blue crow Crow Cerulean Crow. Yes, my name is _________. They smiled again, proud of their idea. And backing away, left into the forest and toward civilization.

They were travelling for a good while. Still dressed in craggy, ripped stone rags, trying to recover some memory before they reached any type of town. Closing their eyes for a moment, and tripping over something. It wasnt a log or stone, it felt furry and alive. Gaining composure, Ceru glanced at what he had tripped over. A fluorescent, bright red, spotted fox-like creature was lying on the ground. The fox had woken up when Ceru almost trampled him. It stood and looked up at Ceru with a strange expression, but looked uninjured, almost unharmed. Ceru could see their reflection in the darkness of the foxs eyes, seeing that their own were as dark as the creatures. What A sharp sting reminded them, a Zolnixi. This fox was a Zolnixi. Im regaining some memory Ceru bent down and patted the Nixi on the head. Are you lost? I can take care of you. The Red Nixi was no more than two and a half feet tall in total, and yipped happily when Cerus offer registered. They both then turned to look left, and a rustling sound indicated another presence. ****. Cerus thoughts ran again, however they kept composure, and a menacing stare. Voices could be heard, and two men came forward. I found it! Oh and something weirder. The left man came first, then the right. Both wore dark black and blue clothes, holding swords and had messy hair. Oh my Krin what is that thing. A grey something. Ceru was pissed now. I am not a thing! Im alive. They moved closer to the men, the red nixi growling as Ceru moved closer. The left man stepped forward. Can yo- he looked Ceru right in the eyes, and his expression went from threatening, to fear in less time than Ceru could count. He screamed as if he was a storm, and ran off, dropping his sword. Mathew! Grrah The other man left in tow, chasing his friend. Ceru looked back at the nixi. I suppose crisis averted? The nixi yipped in happiness. Well, Blood Song, Ceru smiled, the nixi was happy to receive his name. Lets go find a town, and maybe get some sleep. Both wandered off into the plains and toward the first mark of civilization.

Contestant Seven
I had landed on the shores on a sandy beach, on pale sand and among sparsely dotted palm trees swaying in the wind. It was curious though, that there were neither footprints in the sand, nor fish swimming about in the shallow reefs, nor birds flying overhead. It was bizarrely silent, save for myself huffing along through the sand dunes. I was expecting signs of life, of habitation, animals, even, since that fairy-girl, Jinxie, I believe she said, had stated a town wasnt far off, and this world inhabited by fascinating creatures (pets, perhaps; she was speaking rather quickly). A map, at the very least, certainly wouldve been nice.

It was some time before the dunes gave way to rows of trees (mangroves, I think) and it was a relief to be out of the sun. The copse of trees steadily grew thicker as I walked on, and I thought it looked more like a forest than the Meadows I was supposed to be heading to, but maybe I would come across another person who I could ask for directions. There was a vague idea that I had taken a wrong turn somewhere out in the never-ending sand dunes and half delirious with heat exhaustion.

I did, in fact, take a wrong turn.

That thought was at the front of my mind, along with a few choice words for the next time I saw that fairy. I took my frustration out on an odd, twitchy twig-creature that jumped out of a bush. Thank goodness for study boots, and at least I would have firewood if I had to camp out somewhere.

Finally, I came upon an old, faded sign, the paint peeling and half gone, reading _e __or _ave_n, which was probably close enough to Esiors Haven, but I was not standing outside of a town. It looked to be a large cave, but it was hard to tell, seeing as it was pitch dark not three steps in. The cave would make an alright place to set up camp, provided nothing hideous crawled out from under the rocks. I did need food, however, and I could see mushrooms (hopefully not poisonous) on the floor a few more steps in. There were more than I thought, and I wandered a little too far into the cave.

It was actually a lot too far into the cave.

At least there were small, glowing pockets of ore veins and gems along the walls, so I wasnt completely stuck in the dark. I was, though, more lost than ever; the cave seemed to change the more I walked, and occasionally I heard the scraping of stone-on-stone, or footsteps of creatures beyond the pitiful range of visibility afforded by the ore veins. I closed my eyes and sighed loudly, listening to it echo through the tunnels. When I opened my eyes, I expected to see what I had for the last few hours (mostly darkness, occasionally a giant bug), but not large, bulbous orange eyes staring at me, barely an inch from my face.

I didnt scream, per-say (it was a defensive yell, thank you), but either way the creature didnt run. It took a moment to see that creatures body was as dark as the cave beyond it, and covered in some sort of glowing runes. The markings, I realized once my eyes adjusted to the sudden light, were the ones considered a curse across this land, but at that moment Id seen nothing more welcome.

A large tail smacked me in the face as the creature turned around and looked over its shoulder, impatiently smacking the ground with its webbed paws. I mustve not moved fast enough for it, since the creature (maybe a female? It had very long eyelashes) grabbed the bottom of my shirt between startlingly sharp teeth and nearly tore it as I was very rudely dragged forward. I kept close-by as it led me onward, and if I fell behind the creature would run back and headbutt me (Im sure I got bruises) before moving ahead. In hindsight it might not have been a smart decision to follow an amphibian-esque creature to an unknown location, but when I saw the entrance to the cave again, with the rest of my traveling gear still there, I really couldnt care less.

In the light of the setting sun, the creature sat quietly as I set up camp (and, as it turned out, ate most of the mushrooms Id collected). As I scooped water from a nearby stream, there was a loud snap of branches and a scratchy yelp, and when I looked back the creature was tearing apart a twig-monster that had sprung out from the overhanging trees. It piled the now-destroyed twig-thing into the fire Id made, then turned and waved its tail at me with what I thought was a smile.

Oh yes, wed get along fine.

Afterword: The run down sign outside the cave actually said The Forgotten Caverns. Someone should repaint that.
---------------
End of story.
Here's a reference pic for what I was talking about in the caves, if someone hasn't gotten there yet.

Contestant Eight
My story:

It was like any other day. I was sitting on my bed leaning against the headboard with my laptop resting on my thighs. It was March, and March here means there is still snow on the ground. With snow on the ground that most likely meant you were stuck inside, avoiding the minus twenty Celsius weather outside. That's exactly what I was doing.

Suddenly the air became humid and hot, exactly the opposite of my home town. What I thought to be my room went black, with only the backlight of my laptop screen and keyboard illuminating a small area around me and my bed. Wait, was I still sitting on my bed? Wait, now where is my laptop? I peel my eyes away from the screen for one second and now everything has changed.

I was no longer in my bedroom, on my bed, and my laptop was nowhere to be found. There wasn't any snow on the ground and instead I was sitting on a patch of dirt in a small clearing. I found a slew of tropical plants of which I couldn't identify. Tropical or alien? Everything was alien now. I shake my head because shaking your head brings you back to reality, right? Wrong.

Everything went very dark, only a small orb was glowing in the sky. At least this place had a moon. I heard rustling in the trees that were surrounding my clearing. The wind, perhaps. No, not the wind. A shadow even darker than the shadows being cast by the trees whurrs and zooms past me, ruffling my long hair. A long, loud, terrifying roar escapes the maw of whatever was terrorizing me. Was it a dragon? No, a wyvern, because I could only see the slight silhouette of two wings and two strong legs when it stopped a few feet in front of me.

Another creature jumps out from the foliage behind me, gracefully soaring above my head, but I duck anyways in fear of it grazing my face or back. It makes no sound, but its fur is glaringly white and magnificent. It glows in the moonlight. The gems embedded in golden armour shine brightly and I get a good look at what it is; a fox. Maybe not a fox in the traditional, Earth-like sense. What fox wears armour? Apparently this one did. The armour wasn't even the strangest part of this creature (after all, we dress our dogs back on Earth). It had black striped white wings made of what appeared to be soft feathers. They were considerably smaller than the wyvern's, and probably not of any use other than short glides, no actual flying, as they were too small in comparison to its body.

The wyvern shadow advances and flashes long, sharp, white teeth. The fox thing growls and yelps. It seems like they are communicating, and for all I know it is completely possible because we aren't in Kansas anymore, Dorothy. The wyvern stops, nods, flaps its impressive wings and flies away. The fox turns around and advances towards me. I raise my arms in alarm, a futile attempt at protecting myself against the alien fox. Suddenly I feel a slimy wet goo cover my arms and face. It has me now! Or not? I look up and the armoured flying fox is licking me? I give it a good pet and laugh.

I've been training wyverns on this alien world ever since.

Contestant Nine
I woke up in a sunny meadow; it was quiet and peaceful. Although I wasnt sure of how I got here or why I was here, I felt calm and relaxed. As my vision adjusted, I could see the silhouettes of strange creatures on the horizon. I couldnt recognize them, they were quite unlike the animals I was used to. The creatures, I could see were getting closer, and I noticed some that looked a bit like foxes, a few that could fly, and many more creatures. Some had fancy horns, markings, while others were plain. Some colourful, some monotonous in colour. I stood up and brushed myself off. I looked around and noticed a wooden sign. The sign had navy blue letters forming in what seemed like the word, Sylestia. This name had a majestic sound to it, rolling off the tongue elegantly.
Suddenly, something bumped me from behind. Again, something nudged my hand; it was warm and a little bit moist. I turned around, and saw horse-like creature. The creature had a silky coat and shiny and protective scales that were pink and magenta-coloured. They were about a foot shorter than I was, perhaps in-between four feet or five feet; a little girl colt. Even though she didnt have any physical markings on their coat nor did she have any decorations, I could tell that she was special on the inside. She looked up at me with their bright blue eyes, and I could not help but smile. I gently patted her on the head. Suddenly, she was gone, a flash of bright pink. A little bit confused, I looked for her, but she was nowhere to be seen. And then I fell. Something had hit the back of my knees and I collapsed. Looking up, I saw the mischievous grin of the little colt.
Oh you little- I grumbled, and leaped up onto my feet. With a yelp, the colt dashed off. Laughing, I chased her around the pasture. We mustve chased each other for hours, as the sun was setting when we both finally collapsed from exhaustion. We were both laughing, and gasping for air.
It was from this moment that I knew Id never have a dull day because of this little girl. If I were to have fun and live in the moment, Id rather have it with someone alongside me, and this colt was perfect. With a huge grin on my face, I said, Im gonna name you Rosetta.

Edited By Limor on 6/27/2019 at 1:37 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/26/2019 at 8:52 PM Post #4
Contestant Ten
The rippling effect of the portal nearly made me turn and throw up right there. I had not been expecting that, and I really hoped I would get used to it soon. I brushed myself off as my eyes rested on a quaint little town with a windmill.
Nothing seemed threatening as I started walking through the tall grass. I didn't think I had a reason to worry or watch my back. Just a newbie walking along, minding my own business- Whoa!
Something swept my legs out from under me and I shouted with surprise as I fell backwards. I landed on my back with a thud and all the air in my lungs whooshed out. I laid gasping and panicked. What was that? Who did that? The answer soon revealed itself.
A tall and muscular figure stood up from the grass and towered over me. It was obviously a male by the strong, rectangular frame of their body. He held a sword in his right hand, which he swing back and forth casually as he regarded me with cold eyes. That was all I could see. The rest of his face was covered. He was most definitely a bandit.
"Leave me alone! I-I don't have anything for you!" I cried, trying to crawl backwards away from him.
The bandit laughed. "Oh, you newbs. You really think I was born yesterday?"
I gulped as he pointed his sword at my neck and froze. I fixed my eyes on the menacing blade; my heart was beating so fast, it might as well had gone ahead and just raced its way out of my chest. I slowly moved my eyes to look into the bandit's. "Please, I just got here! I have nothing!"
The bandit laughed once again and pressed the tip of his blade to my neck. It started to dig in. A trickle of blood found its way out of the tiny cut he had created. "Open your bank, you newb."
"My- my bank?"
"Yeah." The bandit demonstrated a gesture of tapping the air just to his left. "Do that."
I did as he said and a small box popped up. There was a picture of me, or, well, my avatar anyways. Next to that was a bunch of different tiny pictures with numbers beside them. Most had zeroes. The gold, though, read a much bigger number.
"Well? How much? Give it all to me!" The bandit pulled his sword back, but he looked like he was about to swing it down on my head.
Before I could even reply, a weird bugling roar met my ears. I sat up suddenly, a movement that made my body groan in protest. Even the bandit looked towards where the sound had come from. A blue creature was racing towards us, making that weird bugling roar again.
The bandit cursed and held out his hand towards me. "Come on! Give it all to me and I can get out of here!"
I stared at the box that was still floating in front of me. "Uh... how do I remove gold?"
The creature was closer now. The bandit was panicking and went to swing his sword at me, a bit of hesitation in his movements. Obviously he was not one for killing people. He hesitated for much too long as a sky blue tail knocked him into next week. He went sprawling while the creature that had been running at us stood over me.
I decided it must be female as it turned and helped me to my feet. She inspected me closely, seeming to check for injuries. I was amazed by her size, and her appearance. She looked like a dinosaur.
"Hey there," I said to her. "That was pretty impressive. Would you mind sticking around with me?"

Contestant Eleven
Wandering through the dark field I wondered to myself if I would be able to fit into a site so foreign to what I was used to. I was used to things being somewhat more easy but this was alot different to what I was used to. Turning my head I heard a rustling sound approaching, picking up a tree stump I armed myself incase it was hostile. Approaching me was a snow white pony with purple eyes(she would later get a fix up by the lord of the land, Lord Krinadon), trotting forward she pressed herself against my side. She was still very young and not old enough to ride so we walked together through the field. She guided me to the town where we were able to buy supplies and get training to have 2 pets with us, when we left the town again we were better prepared. Moving forward with me by her side Enari rushed forward towards a patch of grass, following behind her I saw a green and pink pony approaching. Rubbing her face against the new ponies it became apparently that this was Enari's mate. Nodding my head I threw a trap to ensure he would come with us safely and added him to our party.
Walking along the road we could see small houses dotting the countryside walking up to one we were approached by a gaggle of pets looking for new owners.

---

Voting is now open, please read my first post for details on the delay.

Also those of you who havent entered anything yet I will late post.
Edited By Limor on 6/27/2019 at 1:36 AM.
Lalalanmao
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 6/27/2019 at 12:51 AM Post #5
I vote one

This is because instead of telling a story through narration and dialogue, they took a harder approach using audio logs and I think it really paid off and made the story interesting

(I would also like to be pinged)
Edited By Lalalanmao on 6/27/2019 at 12:52 AM.
Ephemeral
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 168
Posted: 6/27/2019 at 12:08 PM Post #6
I will also vote one, it's really creative :)
Silverthornhearte
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 46
Posted: 6/27/2019 at 12:29 PM Post #7
voting for 1!
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 6/27/2019 at 3:38 PM Post #8
I vote for three and one.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/29/2019 at 7:54 PM Post #9
bump
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 6/29/2019 at 8:00 PM Post #10
Can i srill vote? 1 and 3
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.